Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5980980 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 27, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Always with the vawulence! grin grin grin
Everyone knows real men play rugby! grin grin grin

POSTSCRIPT: Those without a sense of humour, no need to respond; move right along!

At first I was shocked competing HSs are poaching each others players but after a rethink I'm not!

The recent cutting of ties and subsequent cancellation of a nearly century-long derby between DHS and Glenwood shows the ugly side of school sports is here to stay, writes DYLAN JACK.

Disappointing, yet hardly surprising, news broke on Thursday that the governing body of Durban High School had decided to cut ties with Glenwood, owing to recent tensions between the two schools.

SARugbymag.co.za understands that at the heart of the issue is the recruitment of four DHS schoolboys between Grade 8 and 9 by Glenwood.
https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/dark-side-of-schools-rugby-rears-its-head-again/

Which is why I hope your schoolboys massive size is natural but......

Massive 6’8 teenager is going viral with his destructive highlight reel
A 6’8 teenager weighing in at 115kg is going viral on YouTube with his destructive highlight reel.

The youngster named Jason Nel has a highlight reel online which has already amassed 120,000 views in just 2 weeks. The size of the man at just 18 years of age has surprised many people.

He has recently signed for Pro D2 outfit Perpignan and there is a massive interest growing in the youngster there due to to the fact that he has a serious turn of pace to accompany his height and effectiveness in the lineout.
https://rugbyonslaught.com/massive-68-teenager-is-going-viral-with-his-destructive-highlight-reel/

https://youtu.be/x67B5HsmH-U

Also NOWHERE else in the world,[b]NOWHERE[/b]has this quality of schoolboy rugby.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:37pm On Jun 27, 2022
kikuyu1:

At first I was shocked competing HSs are poaching each others players but after a rethink I'm not!

https://rugbyonslaught.com/massive-68-teenager-is-going-viral-with-his-destructive-highlight-reel/

Also NOWHERE else in the world, NOWHERE has this quality of schoolboy rugby.

With the advent of televised school rugby, a lot of issues have arisen. Sponsorships, advertising have seen a massive injection of money. Steroid use is on the rise, poaching of players and creative ways to pass on the largesse to schoolboys and coaches. And of course, the poorer schools are left sucking on the hind tit as they lose their best players.

BTW, what do you think of the idea floating around to have Kenya, Namibia, Zimbabwe and possibly Uganda joining the Currie Cup and other domestic competitions?
We're already seeing talented boys from all those countries playing for various SA schools!
Kenya has uncovered their first schoolboy prodigy – Jeff Mutuku. Jeff began playing rugby in 2012 at 12 years old when he attended Kingswood College in South Africa. His development in the South African school system led to selections in the Kenyan u19 and u20 representative sides.

Jeff shows some great line running and natural speed in the video, which we are sure will have the Kenyan Sevens team’s attention.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2022
Faithful007:
Patroit and THAAD are NOT going to Ukraine. They are NOT going to Ukraine. I can assure you. At worst would be rudimentary israeli interceptors, maybe tamirs or similar build as well as SAMs from other countries. I think C-RAM is being considered too not sure.

Uncle Sam won't want another Caesars saga grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:12pm On Jun 27, 2022
Ukraine inherited 15% of USSR defence industry, srsly??..... And they're like this, looking for weapons... The video explains alot, and it has credible personnels like Steven zaloga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbpxL5sKzyE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:34pm On Jun 27, 2022
Navy Special forces Desert warfare operator

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:15pm On Jun 27, 2022
grin grin grin
South Africa is becoming Europe’s alternative to Russian coal
Starting in mid-August, European Union countries will stop importing coal from Russia, which means they’ll have to find alternative suppliers. Already, South Africa is one such supplier, and the world’s fifth largest exporter of coal.

Between January and May of this year, roughly 40% more tons of coal have been exported to Europe from South Africa’s Richards Bay Coal Terminal (RBCT) than were exported in all of 2021, according to Reuters. Recipient countries include Spain, Poland, and Germany, which did not import any South African coal last year, as well as France, which increased its imports sevenfold year-over-year.

So far this year, about 15% of all coal exports from Richard’s Bay Coal Terminal went to the European Union (EU), compared to 4% for the whole of 2021.
The industry employs about 200,000 people.

https://qz.com/africa/2178106/south-africa-is-becoming-europes-alternative-to-russian-coal/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2022
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin
Starting in mid-August, European Union countries will stop importing coal from Russia, which means they’ll have to find alternative suppliers. Already, South Africa is one such supplier, and the world’s fifth largest exporter of coal.

Between January and May of this year, roughly 40% more tons of coal have been exported to Europe from South Africa’s Richards Bay Coal Terminal (RBCT) than were exported in all of 2021, according to Reuters. Recipient countries include Spain, Poland, and Germany, which did not import any South African coal last year, as well as France, which increased its imports sevenfold year-over-year.

So far this year, about 15% of all coal exports from Richard’s Bay Coal Terminal went to the European Union (EU), compared to 4% for the whole of 2021.
The industry employs about 200,000 people.

https://qz.com/africa/2178106/south-africa-is-becoming-europes-alternative-to-russian-coal/
That's great wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 7:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
Faithful007:
Patroit and THAAD are NOT going to Ukraine. They are NOT going to Ukraine. I can assure you. At worst would be rudimentary israeli interceptors, maybe tamirs or similar build as well as SAMs from other countries. I think C-RAM is being considered too not sure.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-to-get-same-surface-to-air-missiles-that-protect-u-s-capital-report
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 11:10am On Jun 28, 2022
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin
Starting in mid-August, European Union cou.......

I think you should join SkyscraperCity, it's the right place for such.... Also, it's a healthier forum than this place

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forums/africa.372/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:48am On Jun 28, 2022
GreenandGold:

I think you should join SkyscraperCity, it's the right place for such.... Also, it's a healthier forum than this place

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/forums/africa.372/
I'd never get any work done. A lot of clients' projects around the continent get posted there and I just browse.

I'm just mildly fascinated by the geopolitical implications for various African economies of a conflict in Europe between 2 shithole countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lurker4Long:

I'd never get any work done. A lot of clients' projects around the continent get posted there and I just browse.

I'm just mildly fascinated by the geopolitical implications for various African economies of a conflict in Europe between 2 shithole countries.

If the US sanctions don't fully work on Russia as intended, they'll turn to anyone who is neutral and make them face the music. Honestly, we won't enjoy the spoils of war for long.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
kikuyu1:

Also NOWHERE else in the world,[b]NOWHERE[/b]has this quality of schoolboy rugby.
I remember playing Rohan Jansen Van Rensburg(see pic) in a provincial trail game when I was 18.... I played prop(supposed to be the biggest oak on the field)...... Back then I was 6,2 95kg...Ruan playing center was 6,1 110kg......

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
jl115:

I remember playing Rohan Jansen Van Rensburg(see pic) in a provincial trail game when I was 18.... I played prop(supposed to be the biggest oak on the field)...... Back then I was 6,2 95kg...Ruan playing center was 6,1 110kg......
Seen the sizes of rugby schoolboys nowadays? I was at the Indoor Rock Climbing place in Observatory and several teams (playing some tournament at Bishops) came in. Bloody hell!

Anyway, whilst rugby might approximate combat for some of us, I fear we've derailed the thread long enough for others. grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lurker4Long:

With the advent of televised school rugby, a lot of issues have arisen. Sponsorships, advertising have seen a massive injection of money. Steroid use is on the rise, poaching of players and creative ways to pass on the largesse to schoolboys and coaches. And of course, the poorer schools are left sucking on the hind tit as they lose their best players.

BTW, what do you think of the idea floating around to have Kenya, Namibia, Zimbabwe and possibly Uganda joining the Currie Cup and other domestic competitions?
We're already seeing talented boys from all those countries playing for various SA schools!

More rugby is good for ALL but.....Frankly our standard of play isn't there yet. Look at the record of the guys we beat.

Currie Cup First Division Border Bulldogs 7 - 45 SWD Eagles 11 Jun 15:00
(local]
Police Rugby Club
East London, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division Border Bulldogs 8 - 27 Boland Cavaliers 5 Jun 15:00
(local]
Old Selbornian Rugby Club
Baysville, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division Border Bulldogs 5 - 35 Black Lion 21 May 15:00
(local]
Baysville, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division Border Bulldogs 8 - 18 Zimbabwe Goshawks 15 May 15:00
(local]
Baysville, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division Simbas 35 - 12 Border Bulldogs 7 May 15:00
(local]
Baysville, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division EP Elephants 64 - 7 Border Bulldogs 30 Apr 15:30
(local]
Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Currie Cup First Division Valke 59 - 5 Border Bulldogs 23 Apr 15:00
(local]
Bosman Stadium
https://www.superbru.com/teams/?t=2075&f=2

We need to up our game to the extent we can make a good showing and be serious contenders but I'm patient: our first 7s outings Fiji hammered us 70 nil in '96. 20 yrs later we beat them in the final!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Seen the sizes of rugby schoolboys nowadays? I was at the Indoor Rock Climbing place in Observatory and several teams (playing some tournament at Bishops) came in. Bloody hell!

Anyway, whilst rugby might approximate combat for some of us, I fear we've derailed the thread long enough for others. grin grin grin
yeah, school boys these days hey!!! grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
In all the thousands of tacticool operator pics I don't think we've ever seen the cost implications of NVGs-leave it to me! These are latest Gen 3,the capabilities of which are export restricted.

"On the same note, it is a violation of ITAR to allow any non-U.S. citizen to look through U.S. Gen3 night vision equipment (even on US Soil). They are also not allowed to have access to any operator’s manuals or documentation, whatsoever, pertaining to US Gen 3 Night Vision Devices. This is a little-known fact about ITAR and Night Vision Devices, but it is true. We have confirmed this with the US State Department and major Night Vision Manufacturers. At TNVC, we take great care to ensure our clients are properly informed on laws and regulations pertaining to night vision. "

PVS14 Green Phosph Autog/Pinnacle 3100$

PVS14 L3 Unfilmed White Phosph 1 4000 $

PVS14 L3 Unfilmed White Phos HIGH FOM 5000$

PVS7 Gen 3 Autog/Pinnacle 3500 $

https://www.nightvision4less.com/

Anyway,steps are underway to completely equip the KA with NVGs like Western armies. I was told there'll be a JV at the Ruiru gun factory but could'nt confirm anything.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2022
Indian 'Military Base' In Agalega: New Satellite Imagery Shows Hangars Large Enough To House Navy's Submarine Hunting P-8I Aircraft

India is building military infrastructure on Mauritius' Agalega Island to increase its presence in the western Indian Ocean.

Over the last few years, a 10,000-foot runway and a jetty have been constructed on the island, which is located over 1,100 kilometre north of the main island of Mauritius.

Satellite imagery dated 20 April 2022 shows hangars large enough to house the Indian Navy's P-8I submarine-hunting aircraft are under construction next to the newly-built runway.

https://swarajyamag.com/defence/indian-military-base-in-agalega-new-satellite-imagery-shows-hangars-large-enough-to-house-navys-submarine-hunting-p-8i-aircraft

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:34pm On Jun 28, 2022
Breaking News!!!!!!

Sudan launches air and land attack on Ethiopian forces in El Fashaga.

News comes after 7 Sudanese soldiers and a civilian were abducted and executed by Ethiopian troops
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Ocean.

Don't know why but al Jazeera aka al Qaeda was specifically miffed over it grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 7:43pm On Jun 28, 2022
kabe1:
Breaking News!!!!!!

Sudan launches air and land attack on Ethiopian forces in El Fashaga.

News comes after 7 Sudanese soldiers and a civilian were abducted and executed by Ethiopian troops

WAHALA shocked
I don't like the way the world is spinning at this moment. There are alot of tensions between nations.
Turkey and Greece, Israel and Iran, China and Taiwan, India and Pakistan. As if the Russia-Ukraine war is not bad enough for Africa, Sudan and Ethiopia are already getting things ugly between themselves cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

WAHALA shocked
I don't like the way the world is spinning at this moment. There are alot of tensions between nations.

Most of which u mentioned are long drawn conflicts, not relevant in the context u mentioned

The world iss spinning in the way it always spinned - peace is the time u prepare for war

I think u slept through ur history classes grin

(and u got the belligerents list incomplete eg u left out US who fought literally the entire world grin )

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:54pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Don't know why but al Jazeera aka al Qaeda was specifically miffed over it grin
grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Most of which u mentioned are long drawn conflicts, not relevant in the context u mentioned

The world iss spinning in the way it always spinned - peace is the time u prepare for war

I think u slept through ur history classes grin

(and u got the belligerents list incomplete eg u left out US who fought literally the entire world grin )
What are you saying, there are still currently existing tensions between the countries I listed and as for the US we can't really say they have a grudge with any other nation although they've earned themselves some epitome of dislike from some other countries. With the way things are going all I can say is there "might" be a use of "Nukes" before 2034, "maybe".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Does this loggerhead C in C of Sudan know the consequences of a serious escalation of this cry

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:45pm On Jun 28, 2022
Vawulence only

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 9:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
First black USMC 4 star subject to confirmation.
Lt Gen Micheal E Langley. That's what a command level career looks like.

As a General Officer, Langley's command assignments include Deputy Commanding General, II Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF) and Commanding General, 2d Marine Expeditionary Brigade; Commander, Marine Forces Europe and Africa; and Deputy Commanding General, Fleet Marine Force, Atlantic and Deputy Commander, Marine Forces Command and Marine Forces Northern Command.[6]
[url][https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Langleyurl]

Damnnn!

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 10:25pm On Jun 28, 2022
Jesus! Watch this with pen and paper. It's only 15 mns yet packed with detail showing how Jean-Fraude has fked Niger since the early 70s paying low royalties, contaminating the environment and transfer pricing uranium sales to Europe based subsidiaries.

https://youtu.be/1cVEjh5b2JE

The French parastatal Areva, a global giant in designing nuclear power plants has solidified their stranglehold on Niger via legally binding skewed contracts. Eg, of all their uranium mines in Niger, K'stan and Saskatchewan guess which pays by far the lowest royalty?
Like I said watch WITH pen and paper.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 10:56pm On Jun 28, 2022
@Lurker4Long

Was it coincidental u mentioned SA coal & war and this happened

Iron age geniuses outsmarted by stone age geniuses grin

Excellent excuse for u guys to double the prices for the iron age geniuses grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:00pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nemesis4you:
@Lurker4Long

Was it coincidental u mentioned SA coal & war and this happened grin

Iron age geniuses outsmarted by stone age geniuses grin

Excellent excuse for u guys to double the prices for the iron age geniuses grin

grin grin grin
And there are people who take the iron age geniuses seriously!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nemesis4you: 11:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

With the way things are going all I can say is there "might" be a use of "Nukes" before 2034, "maybe".

Why 2034 ?
Nukes might start flying tomorrow sef lol

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 11:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nemesis4you:

Why 2034 ?
Nukes might start flying tomorrow sef lol

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:59pm On Jun 28, 2022
grin grin grin
South Africa’s agriculture exports up modestly in the first quarter of 2022

The primary external event in the first quarter was the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, which disrupted trade with the Black Sea region. For South Africa, this is important, especially for the horticulture subsector. Russia accounts, on average, for 7% of South Africa’s citrus exports in value terms. And it accounts for 12% of South Africa’s apples and pears exports. Hence, we feared that the impact of the war would instantly show in the trade figures.

We now have the trade data for the first quarter of 2022, and positively, exports are up, modestly, by 1% y/y to US$2,96 billion. This is also up by 6% quarter-on-quarter. The top exportable products were grapes, maize, wine, apples and pears, peaches, cherries and apricots, wool, and fruit juices, amongst other products.

From a destination point of view, the African continent remained the largest market for South Africa’s agricultural exports in the first quarter of this year, accounting for 41% in value terms. The European Union and Asia each accounted for a 24% share of total exports in value terms, respectively. The United Kingdom is one of the most important agricultural markets for South Africa and accounted for 9% of overall exports in the first quarter. The balance of 2% value constitutes the Americas and other regions of the world.

Russia was still a notable export market in the first quarter, accounting for 1% of South Africa’s total agriculture, food and beverages exports and the 21st largest export market. I expect this volume to decline notably in the second quarter data.

In sum, South Africa recorded an agricultural trade surplus of US$1,10 billion in the first quarter of 2022, down by 18% from the corresponding period last year. The narrowing of the trade surplus is not only caused by modest exports, as we noted above, but rather the increase in imports value and the higher commodity prices.

South Africa is an export-oriented sector, where roughly half of the produce, in value terms, is exported. Therefore, an industry and government approach to promoting South African products in export markets is key. The agriculture and agribusiness role players have already identified the countries the government should prioritise for this sector’s export expansion. These are China, Japan, India, Saudi Arabia and Bangladesh.

https://wandilesihlobo.com/2022/06/12/south-africas-agriculture-exports-up-modestly-in-the-first-quarter-of-2022/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2591) (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.