Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972451 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 1:03am On Jun 29, 2022
Mauritania

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 5:37am On Jun 29, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

What are you saying, there are still currently existing tensions between the countries I listed and as for the US we can't really say they have a grudge with any other nation although they've earned themselves some epitome of dislike from some other countries. With the way things are going all I can say is there "might" be a use of "Nukes" before 2034, "maybe".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD8N4JQy7cw

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fachfouch: 8:47am On Jun 29, 2022
fachfouch:
Tunisian air force JTAC
their motto is Hannibal's say Find a way or make one.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:25pm On Jun 29, 2022
kabe1:
Breaking News!!!!!!

Sudan launches air and land attack on Ethiopian forces in El Fashaga.

News comes after 7 Sudanese soldiers and a civilian were abducted and executed by Ethiopian troops
Is he aware that Ethiopia has security agreements with Nigeria, Algeria and South Africa or does he want to figure out the details of the agreement himself?

Maybe he don't understand that deterrence is not cowardice.

Even Egypt will think twice before invading Ethiopia. If this lingers beyond border conflicts then her partners might need to show some level of support. Otherwise, Egypt ticks off another obstacle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:53pm On Jun 29, 2022
Faithful007:
Is he aware that Ethiopia has security agreements with Nigeria, Algeria and South Africa or does he want to figure out the details of the agreement himself?

Maybe he don't understand that deterrence is not cowardice.

Even Egypt will think twice before invading Ethiopia. If this lingers beyond border conflicts then her partners might need to show some level of support. Otherwise, Egypt ticks off another obstacle.
With the exception of the SADC Mutual Defence Treaty, South Africa has no such security agreement with any country that says we'll come to your aid if attacked.
Unless you're referring to the usual security co-operation agreement, which we've signed with almost everybody with whom we have diplomatic relations.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:08pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lurker4Long:

With the exception of the SADC Mutual Defence Treaty, South Africa has no such security agreement with any country that says we'll come to your aid if attacked.
Unless you're referring to the usual security co-operation agreement, which we've signed with almost everybody with whom we have diplomatic relations.
I'm referring to the G4 agreements earlier this year formed in response to escalating threats by Egypt and Sudan due to the dam construction in Ethiopia.

All four countries have the same policy concerning that and interestingly, Algeria is the only country in North Africa which strongly opposes Egypt on the dam issue as well as having similar stand with sub-saharan Africa on other key issues. It is not a mutual defense treaty. The agreement is ambiguous for obvious reasons. Deterrence.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:13pm On Jun 29, 2022
Exnavyboy62:
Does this loggerhead C in C of Sudan know the consequences of a serious escalation of this cry
it's actually quite sad to see Ethiopia going from potentially a Major African power back to the normal African sh1thole

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 1:42pm On Jun 29, 2022
jl115:
it's actually quite sad to see Ethiopia going from potentially a Major African power back to the normal African sh1thole
Sometimes I wonder how Ethiopia with her political instability manages to keep her national carrier afloat and profitable while carriers like SAA has escalated her debt stockpiling. Paradoxical.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2022
Faithful007:
Sometimes I wonder how Ethiopia with her political instability manages to keep her national carrier afloat and profitable while carriers like SAA has escalated her debt stockpiling. Paradoxical.
seems you've stockpiled new 'WordPONS' for another round of vawulence.
The last part of you post was unnecessary sire.(such comparisons finger some persons emotions here)

But... Any country that sees a national carrier as a thing of pride, will definitely fail in the Business side of owning one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2022
jl115:
with 0 access to international waters, Ethiopias chances of becoming even a regional power house is 2%.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
with 0 access to international waters, Ethiopias chances of becoming even a regional power house is 2%.
they don't need access to international waters be a regional power
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2022
Faithful007:
the difference is they have the right people at EA and we had gupta parasites at SAA

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
The last part of you post was unnecessary sire.(such comparisons finger some persons emotions here)

But... Any country that sees a national carrier as a thing of pride, will definitely fail in the Business side of owning one.
No vawulence necessary. This is a legitimate point of enquiry, unlike the non-factual, de-contextualised peacocking that normally derails the thread.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2022
Faithful007:
I see jl115 has provided the simple answer.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:33pm On Jun 29, 2022
Faithful007:
I'm referring to the G4 agreements earlier this year formed in response to escalating threats by Egypt and Sudan due to the dam construction in Ethiopia.

All four countries have the same policy concerning that and interestingly, Algeria is the only country in North Africa which strongly opposes Egypt on the dam issue as well as having similar stand with sub-saharan Africa on other key issues. It is not a mutual defense treaty. The agreement is ambiguous for obvious reasons. Deterrence.
The G4 agreement focused exclusively on the dam issues, and not the then frozen territorial issues Ethiopia has with Sudan, Somalia and to a lesser extent Eritrea.
It essentially told non-African actors to butt out of the issue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 4:32pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:

Lol. I see where you're coming at. However, the comment wasn't meant to flag off a ceks duration contest.

Ethiopia is fighting a civil war however their national carrier is the best in Africa. Normally, records like this should be seen in SA, Africa's most industrialized nation arguably. He understood what I meant.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 4:35pm On Jun 29, 2022
Lurker4Long:

The G4 agreement focused exclusively on the dam issues, and not the then frozen territorial issues Ethiopia has with Sudan, Somalia and to a lesser extent Eritrea.
It essentially told non-African actors to butt out of the issue.
Well, all they told us was "to deal with issues surrounding Africa".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 7:04pm On Jun 29, 2022
jl115:
they don't need access to international waters be a regional power
through out history, trade on waters determined how prosperous nations were. It hasn't changed, if your neighbours decide to close their borders, you're finished.
Ethiopia was doing well until now.
Nothing much should be expected from a landlocked country be it in Africa or Europe.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:26pm On Jun 29, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
through out history, trade on waters determined how prosperous nations were. It hasn't changed, if your neighbours decide to close their borders, you're finished.
Ethiopia was doing well until now.
Nothing much should be expected from a landlocked country be it in Africa or Europe.
Luxembourg, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Botswana...... All prosperous( all be it small nations)......what Ethiopia has is a large population and until recently a fast growing economy, they had all the prerequisites needed to become a regional power, also its fantasy to think all of Ethiopias neighbours would close there borders all at once.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MAN1960: 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2022
jl115:
Luxembourg, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Botswana...... All prosperous( all be it small nations)......what Ethiopia has is a large population and until recently a fast growing economy, they had all the prerequisites needed to become a regional power, also its fantasy to think all of Ethiopias neighbours would close there borders all at once.

You need to understand that this countries you just mentioned are not even relevant in Europe

British and some European countries are powerful today, is because of the way seas and oceans were used by their navies in the early age of civilization.

A country without maritime borders can not be a regional Power, today look at all the big and significant countries in the world you will not find any land locked country amongst them.

Besides you need maritime trades in significant level to be able to influence your neighbor

And what you said about all your neighbors can not close their borders at the same time is very funny, there are different scenarios that can leed to such action.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 11:31pm On Jun 29, 2022
MAN1960:

You need to understand that this countries you just mentioned are not even relevant in Europe

British and some European countries are powerful today, is because of the way seas and oceans were used by their navies in the early age of civilization.

Countries without maritime borders can not be a regional Power, today look at all the big and significant countries in the world you will not find any land locked country amongst them.

Besides you need maritime trades in significant level to be able to influence your neighbor
Ignore the fellow, he has gotten my point, any other Thing he says is irrelevant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:46pm On Jun 29, 2022
MAN1960:

Countries without maritime borders can not be a regional Power, today look at all the big and significant countries in the world you will not find any land locked country amongst them.

Switzerland is very relevant though, even if they are mostly neutral; but your point is very evident
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:09am On Jun 30, 2022
A lot of facts have been coming out recently; well, especially from our NATO side. Well, the presence of cia operatives was debated but from my twitter news feed; US seems to be boasting about it. Let's talk about the training of Ukraine for 8 years, many debated that it was false with no evidence but now even NATO came out open, asserting to the claims. What other theses are being certified?? we keep watching. On the other side, Russia bankwagon came out and said 72 foreign banks from 12 countries joined their version of swift. With all these coming into play, "when two elephants fights the grass suffers"; who are the "grass" in this situation, maybe the poor African,Asian and little nations. We need to come together and ally ourselves not Sudan and Ethiopia fighting upandan, we signed a G4, and now our South African counterparts are saying it doesn't matter. If we keep playing like this, I'm afraid Africa won't wake up. Alliances made Europe and us what it's today, we in our continent need to start doing this for us to stand independent. NATO, EU, CSTO, Russia-China, BRICS is the perfect example of alliances; it's about time we start forming ours. A good example is ECOWAS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bloodofthelambo: 8:04am On Jun 30, 2022
davefurn:
A lot of facts have been coming out recently; well, especially from our NATO side. Well, the presence of cia operatives was debated but from my twitter news feed; US seems to be boasting about it. Let's talk about the training of Ukraine for 8 years, many debated that it was false with no evidence but now even NATO came out open, asserting to the claims. What other theses are being certified?? we keep watching. On the other side, Russia bankwagon came out and said 72 foreign banks from 12 countries joined their version of swift. With all these coming into play, "when two elephants fights the grass suffers"; who are the "grass" in this situation, maybe the poor African,Asian and little nations. We need to come together and ally ourselves not Sudan and Ethiopia fighting upandan, we signed a G4, and now our South African counterparts are saying it doesn't matter. If we keep playing like this, I'm afraid Africa won't wake up. Alliances made Europe and us what it's today, we in our continent need to start doing this for us to stand independent. NATO, EU, CSTO, Russia-China, BRICS is the perfect example of alliances; it's about time we start forming ours. A good example is ECOWAS
cheesy What the young man said concerning G4 was just his personal opinion bro,
Africa's greatest enemies are not external forces, they are the "democratically elected" leaders we have.
Leaders who can barely manage their internal affairs should stay away from international politics.
Africans are still learning what nation building is. We need another 50 to 100years to develop.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 9:43am On Jun 30, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjKDL84HD8o

These commercial thermal Scopes are cheap and if deployed to every other infantry soldier can be a huge advantage. They are passive so they can be detected, ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk0uvoSWA2I
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 10:06am On Jun 30, 2022
Bloodofthelambo:
cheesy What the young man said concerning G4 was just his personal opinion bro,
Africa's greatest enemies are not external forces, they are the "democratically elected" leaders we have.
Leaders who can barely manage their internal affairs should stay away from international politics.
Africans are still learning what nation building is. We need another 50 to 100years to develop.
We need to wisen up, we only have ourselves in this world and the way the world is going. We need to stick with eachother; it must not be all African countries but the few fairly strong ones and create a good bloc and be adding the weaker nations like EU etc

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2022
grin grin grin
I always find it funny when outsiders want to tell me how processes in my own country work!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:18pm On Jun 30, 2022
I saw this pic of our CAS. To be a fighter pilot ain't no tea party at all. Air Marshal Amao is the only surviving pilot in the picture! That's a high casualty rate in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2022
MAN1960:

A country without maritime borders can not be a regional Power, today look at all the big and significant countries in the world you will not find any land locked country amongst them.

And what you said about all your neighbors can not close their borders at the same time is very funny, there are different scenarios that can leed to such action.
we are not talking about super powers(historic) like the UK, Germany,France ect ect.... We are talking about regional powers, Ethiopia had all the requirements to become a regional power..... But you don't have to take my word for it.

https://saiia.org.za/research/a-regional-power-in-the-making-ethiopian-diplomacy-in-the-horn-of-africa/

https://academic.oup.com/ia/article/94/5/1059/5092073

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:24pm On Jun 30, 2022
Okay, people I got these questions. Can someone please tell me what's on the Mi-28 rotor?! I'm thinking is a radar or something cos I found out that the AH-64 got something like that.

Also, do you think the Ugandan Mi-28 purchase is a better option than our AH-1Z vipers? Afterall, we ain't gonna be getting AGM-114 hellfires or any ATGMs but there is word they'll be having em in alotta numbers.

Thanks.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:39pm On Jun 30, 2022
jl115:
we are not talking about super powers(historic) like the UK, Germany,France ect ect.... We are talking about regional powers, Ethiopia had all the requirements to become a regional power..... But you don't have to take my word for it.

https://saiia.org.za/research/a-regional-power-in-the-making-ethiopian-diplomacy-in-the-horn-of-africa/

https://academic.oup.com/ia/article/94/5/1059/5092073

I do believe that Ethiopia is a regional power in its own rights. It's the second most populous country on the face of Africa. Ethiopia has a booming aviation industry. This national carrier has helped boomed its tourism sector. Ethiopia is also a major player in African diplomacy affairs but in the event of a conflict, Ethiopia can be easily crumbled.

Look at Kenya for example, Kenya has everything Ethiopia has except of population. Heck! Ethiopia has a civil war with alot of ethnicities which are at their "necks". Kenya would last more as a regional power and in a conflict compared to Ethiopia. Ethiopia has no ACCESS TO THE SEA. That's a big hindrance. Can you imagine South Africa with no access to the sea?! That'll be a Botswana. Now ask yourself. Right now, between South Africa and Botswana, who's much important in the SADC?!

You'll understand why Ethiopia is not actually a pure regional power.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2592) (2593) (2594) (2595) (2596) (2597) (2598) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.