Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:37 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6037745 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
Flanker:

Lazy journalist , there is even the source in the end of the nairaland topic they quotted

https://www.nairaland.com/7247184/too-hot-female-russian-spy#115091990
The lazy journalist would fit right in on nairaland: people too fond of quoting media reports instead of going to the source data!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2022
Interesting, from one of my favourite podcasts, Al-Jazeera's The Take:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/whats-behind-nigerias-prison-breaks/id1438817292?i=1000552677025
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

You are right about the AH 1vipers, I just confirmed that they will be delivered to Nigeria very soon and at the same time, there's also an order for 6× T-129 AH. I think it will be better if we cancelled the deal for the AH 1vipers and rather procure enough T 129 AH that is more economical, it comes with no restrictions and Turkiye wouldn't mind supplying them with appropriate AGM. Turkiye is even ready to share the technology with Nigeria.
On another hand, TAI did not disclose the specific customer for the helicopters but it is confirmed that it is to be delivered to Nigeria and I'm guessing the airforce because the army sent six of it's personnel for pilot training in India by HAL, and the army says it requires a "light avation" component to provide timely air support to it's troops so it's possibly the HAL Rudra and Dhruv that is on the mind of the army. The Navy on the other hand does not require any combat helicopters, I.S&R Leonardo AW helicopters are just fine for the Navy for now.
But all the same, I'm just happy to say;
UCAV Kings of sub Saharan Africa ---- NIGERIA!!!
MRAP Kings of sub Saharan Africa ---- NIGERIA!!!
And now the AH Kings of sub Saharan Africa ---- NIGERIA!!!
Next up, let's shock South Africa and snatch the crown for submarine and frigate Kings grin grin grin

From some reports I have seen, there are claims that the T-129 ATAK will be delivered in 2023, while AH-1Z deliveries would be completed by 2025.

I don't know how true they are, but these are unsubstantiated reports at this time.

We obviously get more for less with the ATAK, I would also support a cancellation of the AH-1Z if it were up to me.

At this point though, I'll just prefer to watch and see.

I'm more interested in the equipment the army will get, I hope they get more Tanks and IFVs if possible.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2022
Nigerian Air Force JF-17 Aircrafts

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:22pm On Jul 30, 2022
A little bit out of Topic.Did you know that some of Kenyas finest athletes are members of the disciplined services?
2 time Olympic 5000m silver medalist Hellen Obiri serves with the Kenya Air force .(senior sergeant rank)

800 m world record holder David rudisha is a police inspector

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:30pm On Jul 30, 2022
800 meter Gold medalist Mary Moraa also serves with the police
Julius Yego Javelin throw African record and Commonwealth record holder .(serves with the DCI -directorate of Criminal investigations)
Africa's 100 meter champion Ferdinand Omanyala is also a police man.etc

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flanker: 9:39pm On Jul 30, 2022
According to non official source Uganda received an unknown number of Russian-made Tiger armored vehicles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 9:43pm On Jul 30, 2022
Flanker:
According to non official source Uganda received an unknown number of Russian-made Tiger armored vehicles.

Those are Streit group copies of GAZ Tiger armoured vehicles.

The vehicles are not Russian.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 9:47pm On Jul 30, 2022
Flanker:
Interesting they also have for sometime had indigenous manufacturing capacity for Armoured Vehicles.Plus they commissioned a huge factory complex earlier this year.For production of their Nyoka /Snake MRAPS

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:49pm On Jul 30, 2022
Flanker:

kabe1:

Those are Streit group copies of GAZ Tiger armoured vehicles.

The vehicles are not Russian.

From the new Streit factory in Uganda.
https://www.defenceweb.co.za/featured/museveni-opens-new-armoured-vehicle-factory-in-uganda/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:54pm On Jul 30, 2022
NTSA:
A little bit out of Topic.Did you know that some of Kenyas finest athletes are members of the disciplined services?
2 time Olympic 5000m silver medalist Hellen Obiri serves with the Kenya Air force .(senior sergeant rank)

800 m world record holder David rudisha is a police inspector
Funny you mention that. I'm watching the rugby at the Commonwealth Games. Countries I never knew played rugger: Jamaica, Sri Lanka, Malaysia etc. Most members of their teams serve. Almost the entire Zambian team is composed of Air Force members.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 10:05pm On Jul 30, 2022
Lurker4Long:

Funny you mention that. I'm watching the rugby at the Commonwealth Games. Countries I never knew played rugger: Jamaica, Sri Lanka, Malaysia etc. Most members of their teams serve. Almost the entire Zambian team is composed of Air Force members.
Apart from the numerous benefits that's comes with being permanently employed,I think its a good strategy especially for athletes since one would have a backup plan once they are out of competitive sports.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 11:56pm On Jul 30, 2022
I smell DISASTER throughout this decade

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:03am On Jul 31, 2022
Exnavyboy62:
Just the big powers looking for war money with their politics and influencing the markets

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2022
jl115:
look at this muppet making it a race thing... grin
Skunk head, are u not a boer.
Ain't my problem if your not proud to be one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 10:58am On Jul 31, 2022
QuietMynd:

Skunk head, are u not a boer.
Ain't my problem if your not proud to be one.
what does me being a boer have to do with anything?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2022
Exnavyboy62:
Pelosi is not going to visit Taiwan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
Odunayaw:
Alot of purple heart and medal of honor recipients

Remember Henry, who would had won the Victorian cross twice?! grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
GreenandGold:

This is actually interesting, how come it was never main stream or recognised. I mean you know us down-south, we'd mount gun on donkey and we'll make the whole world know about it .

Actually, the south African special forces was also involved in the war. They did alotta covert ops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 1:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nigerian army military operations against oil thieves.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2022
Is this for real

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2022
jteku:
Is this for real
this one got me laughing out loud

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by willybaby(m): 2:14pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:
for a fact the Nigerian Army is over stretched, damn they need all commendations and accolade we can give ..

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2022
jteku:
Is this for real
grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:49pm On Jul 31, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Remember Henry, who would had won the Victorian cross twice?! grin grin
grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2022
Stormtrooper11:

Actually, the south African special forces was also involved in the war. They did alotta covert ops.
Considering SASF was only formed in 1972, you're mistaken. There was covert funding and arms supply for the Biafrans, yes. And some of the mercenaries were Saffers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
jteku:
Is this for real
no....shes not the minister of defence anymore... However she was and she did OK to be fair.

Also she is educated unlike what this poster suggests

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2022
NNS centenary

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 3:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
Imo African countries should stop making purchases of expensive weapons like fighter jets and instead focus more on domestic production as shown here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z_gTGJc7nQ

Fighter jets cost millions of dollars, more millions to train pilots and keep them CURRENT, fuel, millions for supports, millions for maintenance and upgrades, millions for munitions and if a war breaks out they become junk because munitions are used up in a few weeks and are not locally produced
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
Most Indians live at a lower standard of living than Africans but Africans people are still going there to look for work

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/india-overtakes-nigeria-as-worlds-poverty-capital/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2022
Tinfoil:
Most Indians live at a lower standard of living than Africans but Africans people are still going there to look for work

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/03/india-overtakes-nigeria-as-worlds-poverty-capital/

Compare to population of both nation, India is doing better than Nigeria or any Africa country even by percentage.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 5:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:

There's an error in this post, this operation is not against oil thieves.

These are Presidential Guards Brigade soldiers conducting operations against Bandits.

Presidential Guards logo clearly visible on the armoured vehicles.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.