Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 06:00 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2626) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6038026 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:

There's an error in this post, this operation is not against oil thieves.

These are Presidential Guards Brigade soldiers conducting operations against Bandits.

Presidential Guards logo clearly visible on the armoured vehicles.
Na presidential guards dey fight bandits now, where is the police?.... We should have military police na...... This is starting to look more political than military situation
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
davefurn:

Na presidential guards dey fight bandits now, where is the police?.... We should have military police na...... This is starting to look more political than military situation

They are in charge of military operations in Abuja, parts of Niger and Nassarawa.

The police continues to prove that they are very incompetent sadly, that's why terrorism in Nigeria has blown out of proportion.

There's nothing political about the situation.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:21pm On Jul 31, 2022
Nigeria air force special operations forces Operator #Panther

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 6:22pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:

They are in charge of military operations in Abuja, parts of Niger and Nassarawa.

The police continues to prove that they are very incompetent sadly, that's why terrorism in Nigeria has blown out of proportion.

Don't you think that their training and operational doctrine is different and is cut out to do some specific work?.... I mean general security is a whole different ballgame ....what will be chain of command if an incident happens ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 6:32pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:

Alright, we keep watching na
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:43pm On Jul 31, 2022
NTSA:

Don't you think that their training and operational doctrine is different and is cut out to do some specific work?.... I mean general security is a whole different ballgame ....what will be chain of command if an incident happens ?

The police are primarily in charge of security, supported by the NSCDC which is a paramilitary agency, then you have the Army (Military).

For operations like this, irrespective of the incompetence of the Nigerian Police Force, with the jail break in Kuje and the thwarted attack at the Nigerian Law school which resulted in the killing of 3 soldiers, there's no way the police would have been able to handle such a complex security situation.

With regards to Chain of command, I have no clue of how that will work.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2022
Air Force To Establish Aircraft Manufacturing Plant In Osun

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, speaks during the matriculation ceremony of students of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna State on July 31, 2022.

The Nigerian Air Force has said it is concluding arrangement for the establishment of an Aircraft Manufacturing Plant in Osogbo the Osun state capital as part of an effort to develop and expand the nation’s aviation sector.

Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao made the disclosure during the matriculation ceremony of students of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna State on Sunday, saying discussions are already ongoing with the relevant foreign partners on the project

He said that the Air Force relocated its Research and Development Centre from Kaduna to Osogbo in Osun State early this year in order to leverage the vibrant machine tools industry located in the city.

Air Marshal Amao explained that Aviation city in Osogbo will include a maintenance repair organisation and an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle production center among others, all geared to add value to the aviation city project.

“The Nigerian Air Force intends to develop an aviation city in Osogbo. Discussions are already ongoing with necessary foreign partners and work will commence as soon as an agreement is reached,” Amao said.

“The project will include an aircraft manufacturing plant, a maintenance and repair organisation, and an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) production center, among others.”

The air chief further charged staff and students of the institute to remain focused so that their hard work can add value to the aviation city project.

When completed, Air Marshal Amao stated that the project will be the first of its kind in Africa’s most populous nation.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2022
ItooWorWor:

Pelosi is not going to visit Taiwan.

Let's hope so cause the Chinese are very unpredictable. With the previous border skirmishes they've had with India, the harassment of Australian planes and the infiltration into the ADIZ of Taiwan's airspace, they've grown bolder and bolder. Also I remember president Xi Qingping saying he will not mind making use of military force to bring Taiwan and China as one. China sees Taiwan as it's territory so the presence of any foreigner especially American (whom they are not in good terms with) without approval from the Chinese government will be seen as aggressive. They are even contemplating to shoot down Mrs Pelosi's plane
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 8:17pm On Jul 31, 2022
Toju200:

Air Force To Establish Aircraft Manufacturing Plant In Osun

The Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao, speaks during the matriculation ceremony of students of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna State on July 31, 2022.

The Nigerian Air Force has said it is concluding arrangement for the establishment of an Aircraft Manufacturing Plant in Osogbo the Osun state capital as part of an effort to develop and expand the nation’s aviation sector.

Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Oladayo Amao made the disclosure during the matriculation ceremony of students of the Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT) in Kaduna State on Sunday, saying discussions are already ongoing with the relevant foreign partners on the project

He said that the Air Force relocated its Research and Development Centre from Kaduna to Osogbo in Osun State early this year in order to leverage the vibrant machine tools industry located in the city.

Air Marshal Amao explained that Aviation city in Osogbo will include a maintenance repair organisation and an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle production center among others, all geared to add value to the aviation city project.

“The Nigerian Air Force intends to develop an aviation city in Osogbo. Discussions are already ongoing with necessary foreign partners and work will commence as soon as an agreement is reached,” Amao said.

“The project will include an aircraft manufacturing plant, a maintenance and repair organisation, and an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) production center, among others.”

The air chief further charged staff and students of the institute to remain focused so that their hard work can add value to the aviation city project.

When completed, Air Marshal Amao stated that the project will be the first of its kind in Africa’s most populous nation.

Well that's good news.

Pls do you have any latest development and info about the NASENI first ever "made in Nigeria" helicopter. I got to know that they've been transported to AFIT for flight testing, so how many will be delivered and inducted?

Will it armed with the locally made aerial gunpods or JC 6 rocket pods?

Although it is to be modelled after the Dynali ultralight helicopter that has the capacity for only pilot and co-pilot, will the Nigerian made own be able to carry more crew?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

Let's hope so cause the Chinese are very unpredictable. With the previous border skirmishes they've had with India, the harassment of Australian planes and the infiltration into the ADIZ of Taiwan's airspace, they've grown bolder and bolder. Also I remember president Xi Qingping saying he will not mind making use of military force to bring Taiwan and China as one. China sees Taiwan as it's territory so the presence of any foreigner especially American (whom they are not in good terms with) without approval from the Chinese government will be seen as aggressive. They are even contemplating to shoot down Mrs Pelosi's plane
Bro grab your pop-corn; Serbia-kosovo again, russia-ukraine, China-taiwan..... This is starting to look pre-planned, but pelosi won't enter Taiwan; if she dares then it's Chinese SMO, atleast they have been training in Ukraine

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ItooWorWor(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

American won't be that stupid to start a war with China after it fallout with Russia, Pelosi won't visit Taiwan all this na initial gra gra.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2022
kabe1:

From some reports I have seen, there are claims that the T-129 ATAK will be delivered in 2023, while AH-1Z deliveries would be completed by 2025.

I don't know how true they are, but these are unsubstantiated reports at this time.

We obviously get more for less with the ATAK, I would also support a cancellation of the AH-1Z if it were up to me.

At this point though, I'll just prefer to watch and see.

I'm more interested in the equipment the army will get, I hope they get more Tanks and IFVs if possible.
The T-129 for 6x $270M is a done ✔️ .
The AH-Viper are a done ✔️ and are definitely needed.
Nigeria has refused to pick up 7x MI-35 that she has paid for, for fear of CAS sanctions.
M346 are coming Nigeria has already paid for 24 Engines- because She needs to retire her 40 year old A-Jets.They are tired.
Rtd Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar saw this situation.
Air Marshall Amao has already sent one of his trusted lieutenants to visit the Base where the Italians train their own Pilots..
M-346 x24 are a done ✔️ Even if the Europeans help finance it, Ukraine versus Russia has changed a lot.
Nigeria is not done with Turkiye , this is a long term deal with Military implications.
Neither is Nigeria done with the USA.
Both deals have long term Political, Economical and Financial implications.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 11:54pm On Jul 31, 2022
LTGEN:

The T-129 for 6x $270M is a done ✔️ .
The AH-Viper are a done ✔️ and are definitely needed.
Nigeria has refused to pick up 7x MI-35 that she has paid for, for fear of CAS sanctions.
M346 are coming Nigeria has already paid for 24 Engines- because She needs to retire her 40 year old A-Jets.They are tired.
Rtd Air Marshall Sadique Abubakar saw this situation.
Air Marshall Amao has already sent one of his trusted lieutenants to visit the Base where the Italians train their own Pilots..
M-346 x24 are a done ✔️ Even if the Europeans help finance it, Ukraine versus Russia has changed a lot.
Nigeria is not done with Turkiye , this is a long term deal with Military implications.
Neither is Nigeria done with the USA.
Both deals have long term Political, Economical and Financial implications.

I got to say, the C.A.S really made a wise decision but I'm concerned on how NAF engineers will be able to keep up with the repair and maintenance of; AW-109E, Mil Mi 35, AH 1Z and T-129 helicopters.

About the 7× Mil Mi 35 that NAF has refused to pick up, I wonder if the C.A.S is going to cancel the deal and demand a refund from Russia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 12:04am On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

Bro grab your pop-corn; Serbia-kosovo again, russia-ukraine, China-taiwan..... This is starting to look pre-planned, but pelosi won't enter Taiwan; if she dares then it's Chinese SMO, atleast they have been training in Ukraine

Little sums of clashes makes a mighty war.
I smell World War 3 approaching. Well,let me go grab my popcorn as you said, this decade is going to be interesting. Thankfully we Africans won't be involved grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

I got to say, the C.A.S really made a wise decision but I'm concerned on how NAF engineers will be able to keep up with the repair and maintenance of; AW-109E, Mil Mi 35, AH 1Z and T-129 helicopters.

About the 7× Mil Mi 35 that NAF has refused to pick up, I wonder if the C.A.S is going to cancel the deal and demand a refund from Russia
AW109 and the MI series helos won't be a problem we've even began manufacturing some of their spares
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2022
Babajide Otitoju Speaks with Designer of Nigerian-Made MRAP Military Vehicle (Ezugwu MRAP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuSmlDywlXc

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 8:03am On Aug 01, 2022
Exnavyboy62:

I smell World War 3 approaching. Well,let me go grab my popcorn as you said, this decade is going to be interesting. Thankfully we Africans won't be involved grin
from what I'm even seeing, it's USA pulling the strings; blinken in Kosovo in the past 3 weeks, then boom they have one imaginary morale
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:56am On Aug 01, 2022
kabe1:
Babajide Otitoju Speaks with Designer of Nigerian-Made MRAP Military Vehicle (Ezugwu MRAP)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuSmlDywlXc

I hope they change the seats...kudos to Ezugwu and his team.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

Exnavyboy62:

Uncle Sam is in frustration promaxx and he needs a diversion from it woes back home. After the failure in Ukraine..Taiwan and Kosovo is next but know this....Pelosi visiting Taiwan will only happen in her dream that is why Uncle Sam quickly ran to Kosovo to instigate them against Serbia where it knows both Russia and China have interests. The god of war truly wants a war, but to achieve that all gods must be crazy.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:
from what I'm even seeing, it's USA pulling the strings; blinken in Kosovo in the past 3 weeks, then boom they have one imaginary morale

USA is trying hard to start a war in Europe and it Lapdogs NATO are to blind to see..after it failure to cajole the middleeast against Iran.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2022
Omofaye99:

USA is trying hard to start a war in Europe and it Lapdogs NATO are to blind to see..after it failure to cajole the middleeast against Iran.
It was even worse, during the Arab League conference; middle-east clarified their stance with lavrov

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

It was even worse, during the Arab League conference; middle-east clarified their stance with lavrov

The conference clearly shows US have lost it weight in the middleeast.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:02am On Aug 01, 2022
Omofaye99:

The conference clearly shows US have lost it weight in the middleeast.
Atleast they have Israel
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NTSA: 11:13am On Aug 01, 2022
NTSA:
Security officer in a crater created due to IED explosion after being detonated by Bomb experts along LIBOI route in GARISSA County.
The officers are drawn from the (Administration police) AP service Kenya which is further broken down different Units

Rapid Deployment Unit (RDU)
Border Police Unit (BPU)
Anti-Stock Theft Unit (ASTU)
Security of Government Buildings Unit (SGB)
Critical Infrastructure Protection Unit (CIPU)

They are Kenyas equivalent of guardia seville.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 11:55am On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

Atleast they have Israel

An isolated Israel...and we all keep saying world war 3 won't happen but let not forget that the world war was triggered by Serbia cheesy or world war 3 just won't happen due to nuclear threat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2022
Omofaye99:

An isolated Israel...and we all keep saying world war 3 won't happen but let not forget that the world war was triggered by Serbia cheesy or world war 3 just won't happen due to nuclear threat.
Israel in "middle-east" but they are still a very major power player there especially with uncle sam, also Israel isn't as weak as before.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2022
Senegal takes delivery of first C295 transport

Senegal has become the latest African country to receive Airbus C295 aircraft, taking delivery of the first of two transports on 28 July.

Senegal’s Armed Forces reported that the aircraft was received during a ceremony held in Dakar. A second C295 will arrive at the end of 2023.

Minister of Armed Forces Sidiki Kaba said “These two aircraft will enable Senegal to ensure, independently, the projection and disengagement of its troops engaged in the various theatres of external operations and to meet all the transport and training needs of the internal theatre.”

Kaba also received Mi-17 and Mi-35 helicopters that had recently undergone major servicing. “The acquisition of the CASA 295 and the return from overhaul of the combat helicopters are expanding the Air Force fleet. The challenge of preserving potential remains to be met, in the particularly demanding field of aviation.”

“Today is certainly historic as it marks an important turning point in the life of the armed forces, which are significantly increasing their capabilities in the context of strategic air transport,” Kaba said.

“A multirole tactical transport aircraft equipped with the latest generation technologies, the CASA 295 has large personnel carrying capacities. Beyond its take-off and landing performance on short runways, its versatility allows it to cover a wide spectrum of missions in air transport, air drop, and medical evacuation thanks to a configuration change capability in very short timelines.”

In addition to aircraft, Senegal will take delivery of eight LG1 105 mm howitzers from France’s Nexter, and is receiving around 5 000 M4A1 rifles from the United States to replace the country’s M16A1 assault rifles. The latest tranche of rifles arrived in Dakar in January this year.

The equipment acquisition is part of President Macky Sall’s Emerging Senegal Plan that aims to enhance the country’s armed forces. Impending deliveries include three OPV 58S offshore patrol vessels from Piriou, while in June, Senegal’s armed forces received Puma M36 armoured personnel carriers from South Africa, as well as heavy machineguns, mortars, recovery vehicles, assault rifles, riot shields, a dozen Toyota Land Cruisers equipped with pintle-mounted heavy machineguns, combat ambulances, rocket-propelled grenade launchers and riot helmets.

In addition to Islamist terror groups in the Sahel, Senegal is dealing with separatists in its Casamance region, the location of one of Africa’s longest-running conflicts.

The C295 is accumulating a steady stream of orders in Africa. In November 2021 Airbus delivered a C295W to Burkina Faso and on 31 May, Mali received a second C295 after a year’s delay due to US sanctions. The first arrived in December 2016 from Airbus. Earlier this year, Angola firmed up an order for three C295s, four years after its government first revealed plans to acquire the aircraft, which will be used in part for maritime surveillance.

https://www.defenceweb.co.za/aerospace/aerospace-aerospace/senegal-takes-delivery-of-first-c295-transport/

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 12:33pm On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

Israel in "middle-east" but they are still a very major power player there especially with uncle sam, also Israel isn't as weak as before.

Yes Israel isn't has weak as it was before same with it enemies. The difference is Israel have no influence in the middleeast Uncle csn bank on.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Omofaye99:

Yes Israel isn't has weak as it was before same with it enemies. The difference is Israel have no influence in the middleeast Uncle csn bank on.
They have Morocco, also I think Tunisia too both are Northern African but if not for those 2, they wouldn't have won the 6 days war

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 12:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
davefurn:

They have Morocco, also I think Tunisia too both are Northern African but if not for those 2, they wouldn't have won the 6 days war

Morocco betrayed the Arab league during the six day war and Tunisia won't dream of supporting Israel or even buying into Uncle Sam gimmick, they have a lot to lose if they do because Iran can destabilize Tunis with it influence and even Morocco is worried about Iran influence in Tunis.

PS: Pentagon have oppose Pelosi visit to Taiwan saying it not a good idea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by davefurn: 1:15pm On Aug 01, 2022
Omofaye99:

Morocco betrayed the Arab league during the six day war and Tunisia won't dream of supporting Israel or even buying into Uncle Sam gimmick, they have a lot to lose if they do because Iran can destabilize Tunis with it influence and even Morocco is worried about Iran influence in Tunis.

PS: Pentagon have oppose Pelosi visit to Taiwan saying it not a good idea.
You're forgetting that if you're dealing with Israel, you're also dealing with US indirectly. What makes the Moroccan king then betray the Arab League?.... Isn't it the money, why can't the same happened now. Remember Israeli defense minister had a trip to both Tunisia and Morroco. In destabilising, who are the best destabilisers on Earth?.... If it's not thesame uncle Sam, who would you fear?.... Uncle Sam or Iran
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2022
jteku:
Is this for real

Ministers are politicians, they're not specialists in any field. We have Head of Departments (HoDs) who are the actual professionals. The minister gets appointed to position by a President based on their political affiliation, an HoD is the one who does all the work in the Department based on their qualifications and experience.

So this is not a balanced comparison.

HOWEVER, you got this post from a website called "MyBroadband.co.za" which strives to get clicks by painting SA as a doomsday state ever since the mid 2000s.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.