Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,643 members, 7,861,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:06 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6031398 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by IGpro1(m): 6:35pm On Jan 23, 2023
Fynline:

I think that figure may include the terrorist, their wives and children. The conflict has been on for 20 years so it is not unreasonable especially when you consider the fact that BHT has a large pool to continuously recruit from.
if you include their wives and children, they should be well above 120k peeps.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2023
Covert1:

Your view remains just that your views and in your parlour not a reflection of geo-political reality nor the view of a college of scholars. You might want to start by telling us what powerful meetings Ramaphosa has that Buhari even with his docile foreign policy does not exceed. Even if a toad sits in Aso Rock he'd exceed by influence any Southie president.

There are metrics for relevance such as trade, GDP, natural resource, output and military and some of the major countries or unions of the world has Nigeria as their largest trading partner. Difference must be made between bilateral and multilateral relationships.

In the case of South Africa a part of their economy (the white economy) is tied to the west. So naturally the western press plays up the relevance of South Africa but in reality they are only tolerated just because they don't want another Zimbabwe to happen to their people there. The ANC or at least some of its elements understands this position of things.

When it comes to Africa only Nigeria commands the loyalty of some African countries in ways that South Africa can't and never will. The world knows that and the lobby to influence African capitals is in Abuja not in Pretoria, this is the reality owing to a whole lot of factors. In fact right now presently the Nigerian Air Force currently controls all of the Air Space of The Gambia and the State House of some African countries. That is real power.

Except for old Europe the US sees Nigeria as Africa's most important country and hence its president same for China. For the middle East and Israel it sees Egypt. South Africa has yet to unravel and God forbid it does it might cease to exist if the local indigenes decide to take back their lands majority owned by the whites. This is what the UK and old Europe courts. This is the optics you saw on TV with Ramaphosa meeting the King of England or at any western fora. On the other hand Nigeria has sovereignty over its lands and its mineral rich deposits 100% and takes no dictates from any foreign power or anyone something which the west abhors.

Wake up, what have you been drinking. Don't watch too much CNN, France24 or BBC all of which are geared for a skewed narrative against Africa's realities and potentials. Egypt had no leverage over Ethiopia or Sudan over the Nile. Its influence though limited begins and stops in the middle East. Having shiny guns by itself does not make you reckoned with especially if the sovereignty of those acquisitions are suspect such as funding from Saudi Arabia.

Nigeria is Africa's only hegemonic regional power and its president carries that clout.

Based… The uncomfortable reality many here don’t want to accept and would rather run mental gymnastics around.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2023
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2023
The new Nigerian Presidential helicopter Aw-189 5N-FG2 the passenger section looks armoured but the pilot door looks light skin, does any on have an idea why it's so

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bennybaba(m): 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2023
Good one

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by oyinpr(m): 10:56pm On Jan 23, 2023
bennybaba:
Good one
useless Nigerian mainstream media will never carry this kind of news

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:30pm On Jan 23, 2023
Lurker4Long:
grin grin grin
U can't comment and like thesame post on nairaland buddy.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by QuietMynd: 11:37pm On Jan 23, 2023
jteku:
The new Nigerian Presidential helicopter Aw-189 5N-FG2 the passenger section looks armoured but the pilot door looks light skin, does any on have an idea why it's so
No one knows if the helicopter is amoured bro, u re just imagining things base on wat u think u saw in a picture.
Bro abeg reduce ur garri intake.
I come in peace.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 7:08am On Jan 24, 2023
EX OBANGAME convened by US NAVY commenced today in Lagos, Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:24am On Jan 24, 2023
QuietMynd:

U can't comment and like thesame post on nairaland buddy.
You under-estimate the desperation of people who register multiple usernames, mate!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 8:30am On Jan 24, 2023
The hell is going on. Apparently my IP address from my ISP when I use my SIM card is banned from access nairaland. I had to switch to using WIFI to get a different IP to post this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 8:35am On Jan 24, 2023
Anyway.

Ethiopia has taken delivery of the Chinese SH-15 Howitzer with a 155mm 52-caliber.

Don't know the exact number but from the pictures its probably more than 50

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
Ukraine. This armor saved a soldier. Probably Turkish made. Anyone can ID.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:21pm On Jan 24, 2023
Turkey is a game changer

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:29pm On Jan 24, 2023
For those who fall for weapon aesthetic

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stormtrooper11:
For those who fall for weapon aesthetic

American Right-wing scare propaganda.... very irrelevant to Africa.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 12:39pm On Jan 24, 2023
The SANDF, you train as you fight!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:56pm On Jan 24, 2023
GreenandGold:

It is. Most People believe a gun is more sophisticated due to what they see. Like this case.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 12:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stargate254:
The hell is going on. Apparently my IP address from my ISP when I use my SIM card is banned from access nairaland. I had to switch to using WIFI to get a different IP to post this.

Same here. Had to tinker my proxy settings
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:07pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stargate254:

it's that spamming Augustine makes... the spambots have picked it up, and now we are all suspects grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Same here. Had to tinker my proxy settings

When you see this, you have to know the platform is under DoS attack, this is built-in counter measurement to slow down the attack.

NB: We are all getting it. wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 1:31pm On Jan 24, 2023
GreenandGold:

To be fair the left wing propaganda has gotten down right dangerous in the US
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

It is. Most People believe a gun is more sophisticated due to what they see. Like this case.
And I think a huge chunk of that most people reside in Nigeria, among our political class

😄You'd hear things like the Bandits have "sophisticated" weapons and lo, behold it's a bloody RPD
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2023
Odunayaw:
And I think a huge chunk of that most people reside in Nigeria, among our political class

😄You'd hear things like the Bandits have "sophisticated" weapons and lo, behold it's a bloody RPD

Uhmm...but an RPD is kinda sophisticated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 4:43pm On Jan 24, 2023
jl115:
To be fair the left wing propaganda has gotten down right dangerous in the US

The Far Right-Winger Americans have always been dangerous and down right demonic at times.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:20pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

Uhmm...but an RPD is kinda sophisticated
It is? cheesy

That thing predates the word sophisticated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 6:23pm On Jan 24, 2023
Odunayaw:
It is? cheesy

That thing predates the word sophisticated

cheesy cheesy it goes atleast 800 rounds per minute
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 6:32pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stormtrooper11:

cheesy cheesy it goes atleast 800 rounds per minute
Yeah, since the 1940s grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stargate254: 6:37pm On Jan 24, 2023
GreenandGold:

it's that spamming Augustine makes... the spambots have picked it up, and now we are all suspects grin
Haha cheesy, must be that
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2023
Stand your ground Ramaphosa cool

They can't do shiiit. Except they want to see another Zimbabwe grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stormtrooper11(m): 7:13pm On Jan 24, 2023
Odunayaw:
Yeah, since the 1940s grin

cheesy cheesy Fat boy was made in the 40s too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2737) (2738) (2739) (2740) (2741) (2742) (2743) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.