Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5963453 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:19pm On Feb 19

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:19pm On Feb 19
jteku:
Looks AI

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:32pm On Feb 19
AskiaHarem:

More like a drop in the bucket learn accountability. grin
nope a ''good deal" wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by AskiaHarem(m): 1:44am On Feb 20
jl115:
nope a ''good deal" wink
This is why nothing meaningful every gets accomplished in the field. You refuse to acknowledge the main problem.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:34am On Feb 20
Odunayaw:
Looks AI

Yeah
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 11:10am On Feb 20
AskiaHarem:
This is why nothing meaningful every gets accomplished in the field. You refuse to acknowledge the main problem.
I didn't say illegal immigrants are the main problem
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Raynald: 11:16am On Feb 20
Interesting thread
Just discovered it
Am definitely following

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 12:10pm On Feb 20
Exnavyboy62:
South African Badger IFV and Israeli Eitan IFV
Is this a question of who copied who…??
OR
What a coincidence…??
Israel copied SA. its not even debatable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:37pm On Feb 20
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin
If you reply me with those three faces one more time, I will respond with an insult.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 12:40pm On Feb 20
Omofaye99:

Exnavyboy62:
South African Badger IFV and Israeli Eitan IFV
Is this a question of who copied who…??
OR
What a coincidence…??

Nobody copied anybody, neither is it a coincidence. That's how an average wheeled IFV looks like everywhere.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:42pm On Feb 20
Omofaye99:

Israel did not copy the Patria/Badger. Most wheeled IFVs follow the same design philosophy. Look at Boxer, VBCI, Piranha, Boomerang etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:51pm On Feb 20
Faithful007:
If you reply me with those three faces one more time, I will respond with an insult.

grin grin grin
It's alright. I knew all along that you sucked the assertions below out of thin air. I've had my fun, we can move on.
Faithful007:

They are not really the same kind of aircraft.

The Tucano is primarily an attack/CAS aircraft while the other one is more of a counter insurgency/ recon /loitering aircraft. The Tucano is much more powerful and is comparable to attack jets while the Bronco (or whatever its called) will be much more comparable to drones. By this, I bet its strength would lie in its range.

While they have a good level of overlap, they're not interchangeable.
Lurker4Long:

Care to include some references to back up your opinion? Like what makes Tucano attack/CAS oriented? How is Mwari/Bronco deficient in this role? How is Tucano more powerful? etc etc?
Substantiate your argument beyond mere assertions (as I used to tell 1st year students back at university when I was a student tutor).
US SOCOM put them up in the same competition, won by the Air Tractor and from which Tucano was knocked out early.
I rather think SOCOM knows its stuff.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Omofaye99: 12:52pm On Feb 20
Lurker4Long:

Israel did not copy the Patria/Badger. Most wheeled IFVs follow the same design philosophy. Look at Boxer, VBCI, Piranha, Boomerang etc.
Faithful007:

Nobody copied anybody, neither is it a coincidence. That's how an average wheeled IFV looks like everywhere.
Noted.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 3:27pm On Feb 20
Off-topic
The floodgates are opening and it's a beautiful thing.
Even though the Court's judgement on this particular case will be non-binding, it will serve to settle some legal questions, the absence of whose answers has been exploited by Zionist hasbara.
From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by akwesenana: 3:42pm On Feb 20
Lurker4Long:
Off-topic
The floodgates are opening and it's a beautiful thing.
Even though the Court's judgement on this particular case will be non-binding, it will serve to settle some legal questions, the absence of whose answers has been exploited by Zionist hasbara.
From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free!
I'm not pro-Israel, but I seriously doubt if the judgement reduce the Jewish onslaught in any way.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 4:05pm On Feb 20
akwesenana:
I'm not pro-Israel, but I seriously doubt if the judgement reduce the Jewish onslaught in any way.
One doesn't have to be pro or anti anything. This case is only tangentially related to the war in Gaza ("Jewish onslaught" is anti-semitic), but seeks to firm up various fundamentals:
1) Israel occupies the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem; is this legal or illegal
2) What does international law say about the responsibilities of occupying powers?; is Israel compliant or not
3) What remedies exist legally to resolve and put an end to the occupation;
4) How should the Security Council and UNGA give effect to measures towards ending the occupation.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:26am On Feb 21
A bat strike on an Oryx in the DRC.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Horus(m): 3:46am On Feb 23
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 9:07am On Feb 23
Horus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCxOXfZvx34?si=y6rLgUn4LfhWwmSp

Mali Is Flushing Out Terrorists

I noticed that since Niger and Burkinafaso kicked out France there's been little or no incidents of terrorist attack up there undecided

Or maybe there's just a media gaging about its reportage
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 6:19pm On Feb 23
Breaking ‼️ |
In an official statement issued on its website, state owned Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) has announced it is currently in the process of securing a new export contract for 4x CN235-220 multipurpose aircrafts for the Nigerian Air Force.

The deal is being negotiated through Allied Aeronautics Limited (AAL) a local company in Nigeria.

President Director of PTDI Gita Amperiawan revealed this will be the first export order PTDI obtains in 2024.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:13pm On Feb 23
Bacteria8:

I noticed that since Niger and Burkinafaso kicked out France there's been little or no incidents of terrorist attack up there undecided

Or maybe there's just a media gaging about its reportage
Or you have not been checking the news sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Ibrahimanis: 7:24pm On Feb 23
kabe1:
Breaking ‼️ |

The deal is being negotiated through Allied Aeronautics Limited (AAL) a local company in Nigeria.

Clowns 🤡

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:33pm On Feb 23
kabe1:
Breaking ‼️ |
In an official statement issued on its website, state owned Indonesian Aerospace (PTDI) has announced it is currently in the process of securing a new export contract for 4x CN235-220 multipurpose aircrafts for the Nigerian Air Force.

President Director of PTDI Gita Amperiawan revealed this will be the first export order PTDI obtains in 2024.

This would be a very good deal for Nigeria if confirmed.

The Nigerian Air Force air lift arm is currently short on critical assets with the C-130 doing a huge percentage of the hauling of materials and personnel.

The Air Force used to have a good number of G-222 and DO-228 for transport.

The CN-235 and C-295 the service plans to induct would greatly improve our life capabilities.

Again if this is confirmed, there'll be no real need for the KC-390, it would be best for the Air Force to go for the C-130J variant.

If we can get the C-130J-30 even better.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:53pm On Feb 23
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin
It's alright. I knew all along that you sucked the assertions below out of thin air. I've had my fun, we can move on.

You could have easily told me you were part of those on the thread who don't read before replying. At least read my points and reply me based on that. Nothing pisses me off as much as that shit on this thread.

We can have different opinions on anything, and it's totally fine, but at the very least read what someone has written before rushing to respond. Didn't you debate in High school? How can we have a conversation if you make responses that exclude my argument?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 9:19pm On Feb 23
Odunayaw:
Or you have not been checking the news sad
Well, that's another angle wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:22pm On Feb 26
SANDF SVI Max 3 4x4 and 6x6 vehicles

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 2:39pm On Feb 26
jl115:
SANDF SVI Max 3 4x4 and 6x6 vehicles
So SVI won the border patrol vehicle competition?

Edit: just read that this is a separate contract.
Additional border security technology will be acquired by the SANDF. In March 2023, it was revealed National Treasury was giving the SANDF a R700 million injection over the next three years for procurement of vehicles and surveillance technology for border security. The ‘troop pack’ vehicles (at present Toyota Land Cruisers) will be replaced with off-the-shelf vehicles and R500 million will be spent in 2024/25 for this.

R200 million worth of sensor technology will be acquired for Operation Corona in 2025/26, including a geographic information system (GIS) capability (R22.5 million); intelligence collection and processing capabilities (R47 million under Project Baobab); upgraded Chaka command and control system (R7.2 million); Reutech RSR 903 radars (R57 million); 60 observation posts (R16 million under Project Dominate); 16 quadcopter unmanned aerial vehicles (R16 million) and two long range UAVs (R24 million). On 12 February this year, Armscor issued a tender for the procurement of unmanned aerial vehicles, with a closing date of 5 March.

The SANDF ultimately wants to replace the troop packs with armoured personnel carriers (APCs), which would serve with all 15 companies on Operation Corona duty. In January 2023, Armscor issued a request for information for APCs to get an indication of what new vehicles would cost, with responses ranging from R6 million to R18 million each. Armscor planned to request three vehicles for the upcoming borderline test and by the end of the year decide which is best and how many the SANDF can afford, but demonstrations have been delayed.

January 2023’s request for information called for a 2+8 seat APC for counter-insurgency operations with variable ballistic and mine protection, including the ability to defeat an 8 kg mine. The vehicles would replace or supplement Mamba and Casspir vehicles.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:47am On Feb 28
Third SA Navy MMIPV to be christened on Friday

Damen Shipyards Cape Town (DSCT) and the SA Navy (SAN) will christen the latest addition to the fleet – multi-mission inshore patrol vessel (MMIPV) number three – on Friday (1 March).

She is the final platform in Project Biro, originally scheduled for three inshore and three offshore patrol vessels, for the maritime service of the SA National Defence Force (SANDF). SAS King Sekhukhune I (P1571) and SAS King Shaka Zulu (P1572) are on the SAN fleet inventory and it is expected the ship allocated pennant number P1573 will be taken into service in the third quarter of this year following launch and extensive operational testing and evaluation (OTE).

P1573 will sail as SAS Adam Kok if information provided to defenceWeb last year remains unchanged. At that time this publication was informed P1572 would carry the name “King Shaka” which had “Zulu” added soon before she was delivered to the SAN last October. P1573 has, in some communications, been called “Chief Adam Kok” with SAN public relations yet to respond to a defenceWeb inquiry on the exact name she will sail under. The SAN took delivery of its first Damen-built MMIPV SAS King Sekhukhune I in June 2022.

In the SA Navy, ship name selection is a process starting with suitable name submissions, final selection of a name, with a pennant number assigned the new platform and then onto keel laying, ceremonial ship launching, naming and blessing (termed the ship’s christening ceremony by SA Naval Museum Officer in Charge and historian, Commander Leon Steyn) followed by commissioning and taking into service. Steyn further points out before commissioning a new ship undergoes sea trials. This allows for deficiencies to be corrected.

“The preparation and readiness time between launch and commissioning may vary, from as much as three years for large and complex vessels, or as brief as weeks, often the case during the turbulent days of World War II,” according to Steyn.

Ship commissioning, according to him, is “the act or ceremony of placing a ship in active service”.

“The term is most commonly applied to placing a naval vessel in active duty with its country’s military forces. The ceremonies involved are often rooted in centuries-old naval tradition. At the moment the commissioning pennant is hoisted and broken at the masthead, a ship becomes a navy command in her own right and takes her place alongside the other active ships of the fleet.”

SAS Adam Kok is, like her Warrior Class counterparts, designed and built for rapid response to, among others, counter piracy, IUU (illegal, unreported and unregulated) fishing and smuggling ranging from arms to goods (including narcotics) and human trafficking.

Once declared seaworthy, SAS Adam Kok will join her sister ships, including the former strike craft SAS Makhanda (P1569), at Naval Base (NB) Durban – the patrol squadron’s designated home port.

Damen Shipyards Cape Town is the shipbuilder for all three MMIPVs, completing them to the company’s Stan Patrol 6211 design. The 62 metre long, 750 ton vessels have a 20 knot economical speed and a range of 2 000 nautical miles. Each vessel is fitted with a Reutech 20 mm Super Sea Rogue marine gun and Reutech FORT (frequency modulated optical radar tracker) low probability of intercept (LPI) optronics radar tracking system, and carries a 9 metre and a 7 metre RHIB (rigid hull inflatable boat) for boarding and other operations.

TNPA tugs

DSCT has been awarded other government shipbuilding work, this time from the Transnet National Ports Authority (TNPA), which is injecting a R1 billion investment in its marine fleet renewal programme through the acquisition of seven tugboats aimed at enhancing marine operations at its commercial seaports.

TNPA has awarded two contracts to Damen Shipyards Cape Town to deliver the seven tugboats from April to August 2024. From this procured tug fleet, the Port of Durban has been allocated five tugboats and two will go to the Port of East London, Africa Ports & Ships reported.

“The tight delivery timeline suggests the possibility that some if not more of the tugs may come from existing stocks built elsewhere. In addition to the Cape Town yard, Damen has more than 60 shipyards across the world and frequently maintains a stock of almost ready-built tugs,” the publication added.

“The latest order for seven tugboats marks a radical departure in tugboat procurement for the TNPA, which for the past 40 or so years has placed orders almost exclusively with the Durban-based fully South African firm currently named Sandock Austral – previously Southern African Shipyards,” Africa Ports & Ships reported.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:45pm On Feb 28
Adm. Stuart Munsch, commander, U.S. Naval Forces Europe-Africa (NAVEUR-NAVAF), and NAVAF staff members welcomed their Nigerian counterparts, including Rear Adm. Zakariyyah Muhammad, the Nigerian Navy’s Chief of Training and Operations, for staff talks onboard Naval Support Activity Naples, Italy, Feb. 27-28, 2024.

During staff talks, the Nigerian and U.S. delegations discussed capacity building, maritime domain awareness, and bilateral maritime integration, among other focused topics. They also presented corresponding briefs on command priorities and capabilities, outlooks for 2024, and opportunities for future collaboration.

Adm. Munsch and Rear Adm. Muhammad delivered opening remarks to kick off the event, Feb. 27. The leaders discussed recent operations and activities conducted by the Nigerian and U.S. navies, Nigeria’s enduring participation in the NAVAF-facilitated exercise Obangame Express, and collaborative efforts to combat illicit activity and piracy in the Gulf of Guinea and West Africa.

"Africa encompasses several global maritime crossroads, and the Nigerian Navy plays a critical role in providing maritime security and countering illicit activity not only in the Gulf of Guinea, but across the continent,” said Munsch. “Having our Nigerian counterparts here in Naples to discuss maritime initiatives and areas for enhanced collaboration has been an invaluable experience, and I am very grateful to our partners for their participation in these talks.”

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:12am On Mar 01
How this guys over power our Army with better equipment baffles me. See waste of APC abeg.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1568613667403614?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:02pm On Mar 01
"SAS Amatola has been earmarked to sail on a voyage, the likes of which the Navy has never attempted. She will sail along the East Coast of Africa, through the Suez Canal and stop at Alexandria in Egypt. Here she will exercise with our friends from the Egyptian Navy. From there she will sail through the Mediterranean Sea, through the Straits of Gibraltar, and head north. She will sail through the English Channel, the North Sea and enter the Baltic Sea. She will sail to St Petersburg in Russia and take part in their Navy Anniversary Parade at the end of July.

On her return voyage she will return along the west coast of Africa, stopping to refuel and exercise with African countries along the way. This voyage will be approximately 19 000 nautical miles, and will be one of the longest voyages ever undertaken by a SA Navy vessel. This will also be the first time that a SA Navy ship has circumnavigated the African continent since 1994."

This is according to Vice Admiral Monde Lobese, who divulged this while addressing a 20 years long service medal parade in Simons Town on 29 February.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 12:34pm On Mar 01
jteku:
How this guys over power our Army with better equipment baffles me. See waste of APC abeg.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1568613667403614?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz

Yeap very painful but such is the act of war, you gain tremendous steps and few set backs.

It's an old video anyway; it happened like 4 years ago where bandits A.K.A reformed terrorist overpowered a military checkpointb in Zanfara, Vehicles where later destroyed.

Have you seen the latest NA news, an ARA Thunder MRAP was just recovered from a ISWAP attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2831) (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.