Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,480 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2835) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964949 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01
jteku:
How this guys over power our Army with better equipment baffles me. See waste of APC abeg.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1568613667403614?s=yWDuG2&fs=e&mibextid=Nif5oz
I read the caption and prepared my mind for some gory scenes but alas sad

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01
bidexiii:

Yeap very painful but such is the act of war, you gain tremendous steps and few set backs.

It's an old video anyway; it happened like 4 years ago where bandits A.K.A reformed terrorist overpowered a military checkpointb in Zanfara, Vehicles where later destroyed.

Have you seen the latest NA news, an ARA Thunder MRAP was just recovered from a ISWAP attack.

Thanks thought it was recent... For the recovered ARA MRAP just read of it now.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:16pm On Mar 01
The Kenya Defence Forces’ Rapid Response Unit (RRU), in collaboration with the USAF Special Operations Squadron, carried out special training exercises in Archers Post, Samburu County.

This training is a crucial component of the multinational exercise EX-JUSTIFIED ACCORD 2024, which aims to strengthen the already warm and cooperative ties between Kenya, the USA, and the East African nations.

The RRU and USAF personnel practiced coordinating air support for ground forces during combat operations to provide direct assistance to troops on the battlefield, such as attacking enemy positions or assisting with reconnaissance. The joint forces further honed their skills in locating, rescuing, and recovering personnel in distress, an exercise critical for retrieving downed pilots, injured soldiers, or civilians caught in conflict zones. The teams meticulously planned and executed various scenarios, ensuring seamless coordination for effective mission execution.

Captain Hillary Litali while speaking during the exercise recognized the significance of EX – Justified Accord which not only represents military maneuvers but rather provides a valuable opportunity for cross-cultural learning and collaboration. Through this multinational endeavor, Litali sees the opportunity to learn from the best to hone their efficient procedures and effective communication methods, practices that enhance overall readiness for the personnel. He further commended the exercise as a bridge to connecting military minds, cultures, and expertise and being a testament to the power of collaboration in tackling transnational security issues.

EX-JUSTIFIED ACCORD 2024 underscores the importance of joint training and cooperation in addressing complex security challenges in East Africa.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:31pm On Mar 01
More...

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ocelot2006(m): 7:41pm On Mar 04
kabe1:
Nigerian Soldiers Provide close protection for UNISFA Commander in South Sunday

Hold on....aren't those old school Beretta SMGs? Why are our troops still using those when we have CTAR-21s? Even the NSCDC have new SMGs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:12am On Mar 05
Odunayaw:
The Kenya Defence Forces’ Rapid Response Unit (RRU), in collaboration with the USAF Special Operations Squadron, carried out special training exercises in Archers Post, Samburu County.
[/b]

EX-JUSTIFIED ACCORD 2024 underscores the importance of joint training and cooperation in addressing complex security challenges in East Africa.

I would like to see a joint training between the KDF and SANDF elite units... that would be interesting to see.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:00am On Mar 05
GreenandGold:

I would like to see a joint training between the KDF and SANDF elite units... that would be interesting to see.
I think Frumentius then mentioned something about Kenyans going through Reccees training cycle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 2:15am On Mar 06
soviet made Mil Mi-24P attack helicopter of the Eritrean Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 2:17am On Mar 06
Proliferation of man portable air defense systems in sudan, hope this system don’t start showing up in Northern Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:27am On Mar 06
Odunayaw:
I think Frumentius then mentioned something about Kenyans going through Reccees training cycle
I read somewhere that it has changed: non-Saffers can still do Selection, but are no longer admitted to the courses on the advanced cycle.
EDIT: it would appear some courses on the cycle are still open to SADC SF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:40am On Mar 06
Lurker4Long:

I read somewhere that it has changed: non-Saffers can still do Selection, but are no longer admitted to the courses on the advanced cycle.
EDIT: it would appear some courses on the cycle are still open to SADC SF.
Imagine going through that brutal selection phase and returning back home to not get the best training possible. Waste.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 11:42am On Mar 06
Shaytun:
Proliferation of man portable air defense systems in sudan, hope this system don’t start showing up in Northern Nigeria

I think BH/bandits in the Northeast Nigeria already have MANPADs... I sighted one once. Although, not yet regular.

And as you have rightly said, once the war in Sudan is wrapped up most of those advance weapons used there will find it's way to the marauders in West Africa, for sure. We don't do prevention here, we only do cure.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07
JUST IN: The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), trainer aircraft – Super Mushshak, has crashed in Kaduna State at military airfield. The two pilots on board the ill-fated aircraft luckily survived the air mishap.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 7:59pm On Mar 07

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:00pm On Mar 07
...last.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:25pm On Mar 07
Nemesis4you, how did I miss this? Edge/Denel Dynamics Al-Tariq PGM integration on Tejas! cheesy cheesy cheesy

EDGE, one of the world’s leading advanced technology groups for defence and beyond, announced today at Dubai Airshow (DAS) 2023, the successful completion of the feasibility studies for the integration of the AL TARIQ long-range precision-guided munitions (LR-PGMs) on the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) Tejas LCA.

The announcement follows an MoU signed earlier this year between AL TARIQ, a joint venture company, between EDGE and Denel (South Africa), responsible for the design and production of the uniquely modular AL TARIQ family of LR-PGMs, and HAL, an India-based leader in the design, manufacturing, and maintenance of aircraft, engines, avionics, and related accessories. The aim of the MoU is to integrate the AL TARIQ LR-PGM onto the HAL Tejas LCA and other platforms as part of their campaign to offer a long-range precision weapon solution to the region.

Theunis Botha, CEO of AL TARIQ, said: “We are proud to be associated with HAL in this strategic campaign to offer high technology solutions to the Tejas customers in the region. We look forward to presenting the range of AL TARIQ’s mission-proven long-range precision-guided munitions to HAL Tejas customers around the globe.”

The AL TARIQ family of modular, all-weather, day/night LR-PGMs are designed to fit onto the Mark 80 series and the Indian designed High-Speed Low Drag (HSLD) series of aerial munitions. The addition of a wing kit converts the AL TARIQ-S (Standard Range) to the AL TARIQ-LR (Long Range), extending the stand-off range from 45km to 120km.

The Tejas LCA is an India-made single-engine, delta wing light multirole combat aircraft, with three production versions, the Mark 1, Mark 1A and trainer version. As a multirole platform, the Tejas LCA is designed to perform different roles, including ground attack, air support, and reconnaissance.
Full integration and qualification of AL TARIQ’s LR-PGMs on HAL’s Tejas LCA is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2024.

https://www.defensehere.com/en/edge-entity-al-tariq-completes-initial-integration-of-al-tariq-pgms-onto-hal-tejas-light-combat-aircraft

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 5:53am On Mar 08
Odunayaw:
JUST IN: The Nigerian Air Force (NAF), trainer aircraft – Super Mushshak, has crashed in Kaduna State at military airfield. The two pilots on board the ill-fated aircraft luckily survived the air mishap.

No serious damage i guess
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 7:36am On Mar 08
Troops cleared the last stronghold of IPOB.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:08pm On Mar 08
Odunayaw:
Imagine going through that brutal selection phase and returning back home to not get the best training possible. Waste.

Talk about brutal. Course 37 of the SA Police Special Task Force:
- 525 serving SA Police personnel applied;
- 150 made it to pre-Selection;
- 110 started Selection;
- 13 earned Operator status this week, after Selection and the 15-month STF training cycle!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:29pm On Mar 08
Lurker4Long:

Talk about brutal. Course 37 of the SA Police Special Task Force:
- 525 serving SA Police personnel applied;
- 150 made it to pre-Selection;
- 110 started Selection;
- 13 earned Operator status this week, after Selection and the 15-month STF training cycle!

Damn! That means 11% of those who were certified physically able couldn't meet up with learning what it takes to be a STF operator!

But why's the attrition rate so high? I believe there's a certain level of proficiency one gets to that any increment becomes less decisive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:44pm On Mar 08
Odunayaw:
Damn! That means 11% of those who were certified physically able couldn't meet up with learning what it takes to be a STF operator!

But why's the attrition rate so high? I believe there's a certain level of proficiency one gets to that any increment becomes less decisive.
At some point it's no longer physical, but mental. Think about that 15-month training cycle: the mental strain of knowing every single week is a test & evaluation and one could be binned! Imagine failing the very last week, after enduring Selection and 15 months of brutal slog.
I imagine there are instructors who look at that 11% and think, "we weren't tough enough on them, we'll rectify that next year!" grin grin grin
There've been years when nobody made it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:40am On Mar 09
Lurker4Long:

At some point it's no longer physical, but mental. Think about that 15-month training cycle: the mental strain of knowing every single week is a test & evaluation and one could be binned! Imagine failing the very last week, after enduring Selection and 15 months of brutal slog.
I imagine there are instructors who look at that 11% and think, "we weren't tough enough on them, we'll rectify that next year!" grin grin grin
There've been years when nobody made it.
True. Often those who made it through selection would contain the young bloods 22-24. But after selection maturity becomes the sought after trait.

However, this kind of job with it's high mortality rate. I'm of the opinion that after a certain level of proficiency in Operator Training, there's not much more proficiency can add to survival and mission success.

An odd example is me preferring 5 guys at 80% proficiency of skills level than 2 guys who are max out 100%.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 8:54pm On Mar 09
Odunayaw:
True. Often those who made it through selection would contain the young bloods 22-24. But after selection maturity becomes the sought after trait.

However, this kind of job with it's high mortality rate. I'm of the opinion that after a certain level of proficiency in Operator Training, there's not much more proficiency can add to survival and mission success.

An odd example is me preferring 5 guys at 80% proficiency of skills level than 2 guys who are max out 100%.
Any special operations group with that sort of age as the average, is very close to crap. I don't care what they're putting on. You can take that to the bank. No matter the country. There's a reason most seals are over 30 years.

At that level, what counts is Experience, Experience and Teamwork. Not proficiency. Everyone is quite proficient enough. Proficiency is knowing how to do something right. But Experience is knowing the right time to actually do it, and knowing when right things lead to wrong results.

Special missions are usually high stake and sensitive. There is no room for wrong decisions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:02pm On Mar 09
Faithful007:
Any special operations group with that sort of age as the average, is very close to crap. I don't care what they're putting on. You can take that to the bank. No matter the country. There's a reason most seals are over 30 years.

At that level, what counts is Experience, Experience and Teamwork. Not proficiency. Everyone is quite proficient enough. Proficiency is knowing how to do something right. But Experience is knowing the right time to actually do it, and knowing when right things lead to wrong results.

Special missions are usually high stake and sensitive. There is no room for wrong decisions.
Most seals cannot be over 30. At least not those fresh out of BUD/S.

And how is experience going to be a thing for people who are still undergoing their training cycle? Because I limited my opinion to just the training cycle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:41pm On Mar 09
Odunayaw:
Most seals cannot be over 30. At least not those fresh out of BUD/S.

And how is experience going to be a thing for people who are still undergoing their training cycle? Because I limited my opinion to just the training cycle.

You're aware that you have to be a sailor already before BUD/S right? Now count in the fact you practically cannot pass it without substantive military experience. Secondly passing BUD/S only qualifies you for SEAL training. You don't become a SEAL by passing BUD/S. You have to pass SEAL Training to actually get the Trident and become a SEAL and assigned to a team.

Even after that, you will be on probation and will not deploy till you pass all the advanced courses which takes almost two years before you finally get your SEAL certificate. It is your level of experience and knowledge that will count you in. I don't see how someone at this stage will be 22-23. At least 26 years.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 10:06pm On Mar 09
Faithful007:

You're aware that you have to be a sailor already before BUD/S right? Now count in the fact you practically cannot pass it without substantive military experience. Secondly passing BUD/S only qualifies you for SEAL training. You don't become a SEAL by passing BUD/S. You have to pass SEAL Training to actually get the Trident and become a SEAL and assigned to a team.

Even after that, you will be on probation and will not deploy till you pass all the advanced courses which takes almost two years before you finally get your SEAL certificate. It is your level of experience and knowledge that will count you in. I don't see how someone at this stage will be 22-23. At least 26 years.

1. Age requirement to apply is 18-29yo. I gave the age 22-24 as likely the biggest age group after SELECTION [in this case BUD/S].

So are you saying no one in this range would have finished boot camp and time in the fleet to be able to have gone through 6months BUD/S[selection]?

2. SQT is the equivalent of the operator training cycle I was talking of in my first post. In which proficiency is the criteria and NOT experience. Experience in what exactly?

Tier 1 units are the only one who have experience as a criteria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 11:58am On Mar 10
Odunayaw:

1. Age requirement to apply is 18-29yo. I gave the age 22-24 as likely the biggest age group after SELECTION [in this case BUD/S].

So are you saying no one in this range would have finished boot camp and time in the fleet to be able to have gone through 6months BUD/S[selection]?

2. SQT is the equivalent of the operator training cycle I was talking of in my first post. In which proficiency is the criteria and NOT experience. Experience in what exactly?

Tier 1 units are the only one who have experience as a criteria.

What do you understand by experience?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:47pm On Mar 10
Faithful007:

What do you understand by experience?
Experience in spec ops is the bone of the matter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:49pm On Mar 10
Odunayaw:
Experience in spec ops is the bone of the matter.
Yeah. How do you understand it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:04am On Mar 11
Faithful007:
Yeah. How do you understand it?
Go back and read my posts. Come back and tell me what you understand from it

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2832) (2833) (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.