Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (2837) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962208 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 9:14am On Apr 05
@All, I am wondering...what the difference is in the modus operandi of criminal organizationa and legitimate government security and intelligence services.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaddyGoo: 4:56pm On Apr 05
@All EFCC sef don get camo uniform?! I thought NSA recently put a stop to the "camo for all" that has been going on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNmU8DyXX28?si=ZC1AT5zBcx73CNPF
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:07pm On Apr 05
Peace has been restored grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 6:01pm On Apr 05
GreenandGold:

😂😂😂😂peace has been restored
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:43pm On Apr 06
GreenandGold:
grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 3:46am On Apr 07
GreenandGold:

GDP of 401 billion dollars but, but no money to give Eskom to maintain the power grid. I hope you have charged your phone with energy generated from solar panel grin

GDP of 401 billion dollars, meanwhile your military budget, is dwindling with each passing year, no significant acquisition in the past year, no money for maintenance of equipments and spare parts grin

Who said peace has been restored grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Exnavyboy62: 3:50am On Apr 07
NO ROOM FOR PEACE, VAWULENCE ONLY!!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 4:11am On Apr 07
GreenandGold:
speculation. Just some random forecast
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:06am On Apr 07
Exnavyboy62:
NO ROOM FOR PEACE, VAWULENCE ONLY!!!

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08
Lurker4Long:

grin grin grin
Are these figures factual, coz Kenya collected $19 Billion in Tax last year and I know our collection is not near Nigeria or in the same range as other bigger economies such as Egypt or Morocco...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:03pm On Apr 08
Fidha254:
Are these figures factual, coz Kenya collected $19 Billion in Tax last year and I know our collection is not near Nigeria or in the same range as other bigger economies such as Egypt or Morocco...
Not my figures. But I've just checked, they're accurate. Important to note that the list only looks at domestic/income taxes, without customs, excise, royalties etc.
The KRA shows revenue of KES1,4 trillion on domestic taxes. That's what, USD7,5 billion?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 9:50am On Apr 09
Exnavyboy62:

GDP of 401 billion dollars but, but no money to give Eskom to maintain the power grid. I hope you have charged your phone with energy generated from solar panel grin

GDP of 401 billion dollars, meanwhile your military budget, is dwindling with each passing year, no significant acquisition in the past year, no money for maintenance of equipments and spare parts grin

@GreenandGold

See what you did now!! grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 9:28pm On Apr 09
SAAF 500 Squadron, in Mozambique.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:57pm On Apr 09
Exnavyboy62:

A Nigerian trolling SA on Energy issues isn't only hilarious, its a fucking dangerous game. Please find something else to hit on before you start getting responses on this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:58pm On Apr 09
Faithful007:
A Nigerian trolling SA on Energy issues isn't only hilarious, its a fucking dangerous game. Please find something else to hit on before you start getting responses on this.
You thought we got to 2.8k pages by gentleman discuss only? grin grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 9:58pm On Apr 09
Who else is waiting for Iran response?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:00pm On Apr 09
Odunayaw:

Definitely not grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 10:09pm On Apr 09
Odunayaw:

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 10:19pm On Apr 09
Something just struck my mind now yeah.

If Africa was the world, SA would be US while Nigeria would be India. Maybe not an exact juxtapose, but an interesting one albeit. Think about it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Goel: 8:45am On Apr 10
Faithful007:

If Africa was the world, SA would be US while Nigeria would be India. Maybe not an exact juxtapose, but an interesting one albeit. Think about it.
Given the development parameters of SA, if SA would be US, Nigeria would be UK.

None of them in terms of politics can be called US or UK anyway. They don't have any influence in Africa like US has on globe. Nigeria & SA don't even have grip of their own regions like India has on its region.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:49pm On Apr 10
Goel:

None of them in terms of politics can be called US or UK anyway. They don't have any influence in Africa like US has on globe. Nigeria & SA don't even have grip of their own regions like India has on its region.

How much of Nigeria's influence in ECOWAS and in Africa as a whole do you know?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:02pm On Apr 10
4 Special Forces Regiment

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 6:03pm On Apr 10
Meanwhile, in Mozambique.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 6:24pm On Apr 10
Faithful007:

Another traumatic cap from a Nigerian after 'japa' to justify their abroad depression 😅

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 6:46pm On Apr 10
Faithful007:

I remembered you once snap a picture like the I attached to proof your stolen identity of being an American grin

Now I have also relocated to Manchester, UK, last month. I guess I can now also come on a faceless internet forum to assume the identity of Magreth Thatchers' cousin grin grin grin

As long as you continue to be a self-hating Nigerian here on a faceless forum, I will be here to knock your d*mb ass back into reality cool

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Bacteria8: 7:05pm On Apr 10
GreenandGold:

This is artificial actually.
The Naira free flow policy affected our economic outlook interms of "dollar".

Even Dangote lost his ranking as the richest African for a short while.

Wait for current projections of IMF/WEF by the end of 2024 Q1.

In the meanwhile time, enjoy your temporarily enlarged di*k undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 8:55pm On Apr 10
Goel:

Except there's not much difference between the UK(15) and US(20) on the Development Index.
Nigeria and SA, on the other hand, is a totally different matter, as the attached pic attests.

As for regional influence, I would think SA being the main trading partner for all her neighbours, plus the direct disbursements under the Southern African Customs Union, affords her some influence.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:08pm On Apr 10
Lurker4Long:

Except there's not much difference between the UK(15) and US(20) on the Development Index.
Nigeria and SA, on the other hand, is a totally different matter, as the attached pic attests.

As for regional influence, I would think SA being the main trading partner for all her neighbours, plus the direct disbursements under the Southern African Customs Union, affords her some influence.
Congo, Cameroon, Zimbabwe ahead of Nigeria and Rwanda? Wonderment
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Faithful007: 11:24pm On Apr 10
Goel:

I get this page is about military but I wasn't really thinking about influence though.

I don't see any significant parallels between Nigeria and UK besides English. If any country were to be UK, it could be Mauritius (Again to a certain extent).

I was looking at internal factors like this:

SA/US: Developed/diversified economy, Strong Democracy, Blue_red and Racial politics, Economic Inequality, Privatisation, Wokeness, Right to bear arms, etc.

NG/India: Developing economy, Population, Emmigration/Strong Diaspora, Convoluted politics, Religous and Tribal tension, Social Inequality, Vibrance, Pride/Quasi-patriotism, Worship of the elite etc.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Shaytun: 8:29am On Apr 11
The Nigerian Army troops of 144 Battalion, Operation Hadin Kai deployed at Madagali, Adamawa state have apprehended a top Commander Khaid), of the Islamic State of the West African Province(ISWAP) Saidu Hassan Yellow also known as Abu Saidu, in an intelligence led operation.

The terrorist kingpin who was among one of the most wanted criminals on the list of the security agency, was apprehended in a sting operation carried out by the troops at the Mubi Market General area on April 9, 2024.

Intelligence sources told Zagazola Makama, a Counter Insurgency Expert and Security Analyst in the Lake Chad region that the 32 years old Saidu Hassan Yellow was alleged to be the mastermind of the attack on Askira Town on Nov. 12 2021, where Commander 28 Task Force Brigade,

and three soldiers paid the supreme sacrifice as they provided reinforcement in a counter offensive against the terrorists.

Items recovered from the suspects included 3 mobile handsets, 3 ATM cards, one wrist watch, 4 rings, a bunch of keys and N1900 only.

The terrorists have been moved to the military high command for investigation and profiling.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 11:02am On Apr 11
Ecuador Receives Its First Mbombe Armored Vehicles from South Africa

The Ecuadorian Army has taken delivery of its initial batch of the new Paramount Group MBombe armored vehicles (painted in olive green). This 6x6 vehicle, manufactured in South Africa, can transport up to 11 individuals, protected by STANAG 4569 level 4 armor, which, according to its manufacturer, can withstand impacts and explosions of up to 10 kilograms of TNT AEI and rocket-propelled grenades weighing up to 50 kilograms at distances of five meters. This information was relayed by Infodefensa.

The adoption of this vehicle has been justified by its technical features, particularly its protection against improvised explosive devices (IEDs), anti-personnel mines, and unexploded ordnance planted along the northern border, posing risks to personnel deployed in border, rural, and urban areas.

Ecuador will deploy its Mbombe along its northern border for surveillance and control operations in areas affected by the constant presence of organized Colombian armed groups, dissidents, and reactivations of the Farc-EP.

The Mbombe is a versatile armored combat vehicle designed by Paramount Group. It is equipped with a 30mm caliber cannon and a coaxial 7.62mm machine gun to ensure effective firepower. This vehicle is designed to carry a crew of three individuals as well as eight additional soldiers, providing it with significant troop transport capacity.

In terms of protection, the Mbombe features ballistic armor and mine blast protection at STANAG 4569 level 4, offering increased resistance to battlefield threats. Additionally, it is equipped with advanced day/night vision systems, a laser detection system, and a rear-view camera for enhanced situational awareness.

With a weight of 27,000 kg, the Mbombe is a robust and powerful vehicle capable of reaching a maximum speed of 100 km/h. Its operational range on roads is 700 km, allowing it to cover long distances during missions.

Regarding its dimensions, the Mbombe measures 7.72 meters in length, 2.55 meters in width, and 2.34 meters in height with the turret installed, providing a balanced combination of mobility, firepower, and protection to meet the operational needs of modern armed forces.

To support the new armored fleet, a mechanized cavalry brigade will be established, with its operations center in the province of Manabí, overseeing surveillance and control operations.

https://www.armyrecognition.com/defense_news_april_2024_global_security_army_industry/ecuador_receives_its_first_mbombe_armored_vehicles_from_south_africa.html

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Lurker4Long: 12:06pm On Apr 11
Third SAN MMIPV set for OTE come September

September this year will see the scheduled commencement of sea trials for multi-mission inshore patrol vessel (MMIPV) number three, the final platform in the current acquisition project Biro.

Project manager Armscor, via Liziwe Nkonyana, Senior Manager: Corporate Communication, told defenceWeb delivery to the SA Navy (SAN) is expected later this year following the conclusion of all trials. The dates are broadly in line with what Armscor Chief Executive Solomzi Mbada indicated last August.

SAS Adam Kok is seemingly the designated name for the third MMIPV, which will carry pennant number 1573. The other MMIPVs – SAS King Sekhukhune (P1571) and King Shaka Zulu (P1572) – continue the Warrior Class started with the renaming of the then strike craft flotilla. Nkonyana’s response to defenceWeb has it the third MMIPV has not yet been named.

With no indication of the duration of sea trials, better known in the SAN as operational testing and evaluation (OTE), no date has been set for MMIPV number three to be christened and taken into service. She will presumably join the other Warrior Class platforms at Naval Base (NB) Durban).

Like her sister ships, Adam Kok is a DSCT (Damen Shipyards Cape Town) product. The 62m long, 750 ton vessels have a 20 knot economical speed and a range of 2 000 nautical miles. Besides two RHIB (rigid hull inflatable boats) for boarding operations, each vessel is fitted with a Reutech 20 mm Super Sea Rogue marine gun and Reutech FORT (frequency modulated optical radar tracker) low probability of intercept (LPI) optronics radar tracking system.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2834) (2835) (2836) (2837) (2838) (2839) (2840) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.