Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,119 members, 7,849,497 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6013665 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2015
NighttWalker:
I didn't get you
i am just saying we should be thankful for what they volunteer to do
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
Not to denigrate the fighting men of the NA. Henry and others know I think the Nigerian procurement process is abysmal and designed so the ogas at the top can chop, whilst the grunts on the ground can drop.
My question is this, why post pics from a few years back of Nigerian soldiers training in Eastern Europe with Belorussian ATGMs that the FG has not acquired?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:09pm On Dec 16, 2015
NighttWalker:
Wow, have the NA released any COIN vid if yes have you or anyone here seen it?. I'm talking about good combat COIN vid not the one with the drone strike.

The NA video with the drone strike was not even a CTCION video grin

As for any CTCION PROPER VIDEO, that I know of CAPITAL BIG NO ............?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
The Arlan Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicle produced at Kazakhstan Paramount Engineering and is the version of the Marauder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ft2feuy_tM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2015
frumentius:
Not to denigrate the fighting men of the NA. Henry and others know I think the Nigerian procurement process is abysmal and designed so the ogas at the top can chop, whilst the grunts on the ground can drop.
My question is this, why post pics from a few years back of Nigerian soldiers training in Eastern Europe with Belorussian ATGMs that the FG has not acquired?

there's a new procurement policy being pursued by buhari's regime which would also see gov to gov deals etc..

i just hope they take it serious and follow it.

the ATGM might be in service but not listed like most other equipments we have.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2015
Italy army Iveco LMV Light Multirole Vehicle in mogandishu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFpa957tXbU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
NighttWalker:
True, how many of BTR-4 did we order/receive?

I don't even have an idea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
bidexiii:

It's rather better than late....... I wonder what took them so long before the video was released.

Thee troops where extremely cautious, at the beginning if the video I heard an officer shouting don't fire.... grin repeatedly to the soldiers who where already pointing there riffles towards the crowd, those three officers where brave and lucky.

The truth is violence is the language so people understands!!!!
wouldn't more violence mean Quds presence in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 16, 2015
frumentius:

Nigeria's procurement policy is far from stellar, however I don't think the photo of the Nigerian soldier with the ATGM is intended to misled.

Neither was the photo taken a few years back. Nigerian soldiers training in Belarus only got back home a couple months back.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
Backin RSA for some much needed R&R

Some personal pics....

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:39pm On Dec 16, 2015
Members of the delegation(Not sure which African country)Inspecting the SUPACAT

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 3:21am On Dec 17, 2015
Col. Sani Usman – Army Spokesman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZDOya0DQkQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 3:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Continued....
Colonel Usman-Army spokesman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VattgG8IRD8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Just saw a convoy of about 15 of these OTT Hunter LSV/MGP going into Durban Harbour. One of the drivers said they are going on a ship bound for West Africa, he didn't know which country. I know Ghanaian Special Forces bought some in 2012 for use as Light Strike Vehicles. With either 20mm, 14.5mm or 12.7mm as main gun, plus 4 other machine guns and grenade launchers, that's a lot of lead delivered downrange.

Can the West Africans here keep an eye out and let us know?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
U.S. troops help Cameroon army militants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JS1zJfqpBo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
frumentius:
Just saw a convoy of about 15 of these OTT Hunter LSV/MGP going into Durban Harbour. One of the drivers said they are going on a ship bound for West Africa, he didn't know which country. I know Ghanaian Special Forces bought some in 2012 for use as Light Strike Vehicles. With either 20mm, 14.5mm or 12.7mm as main gun, plus 4 other machine guns and grenade launchers, that's a lot of lead delivered downrange.

Can the West Africans here keep an eye out and let us know?

If it is a Nigerian order, we would sure see photos in a couple weeks time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
gottfried21:
Members of the delegation(Not sure which African country)Inspecting the SUPACAT

After they are done inspecting it, they would go buy the Hilux or bakkie.......... One wonders what they actually go to do at these shows.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 3:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
africaken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JS1zJfqpBo

Militants?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 17, 2015
africaken:

Africaken, you have a photo(s) of the Ethiopian made LAV, actual full images?

The vehicle kinda looks like the israeli made Wolf APC, but I haven't yet seen the full vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
Henry240:

Africaken, you have a photo(s) of the Ethiopian made LAV, actual full images?

The vehicle kinda looks like the israeli made Wolf APC, but I haven't yet seen the full vehicle.
looks similar but the headlight

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
President Kagame visiting Ethiopia's Metals and Engineering Corporation- Ethiopia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgLUjuQwZfM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:18pm On Dec 17, 2015
there reports alshabaab ambushed security personel vehicle in lamu a county near kenya /somali border details vague .heres reuters report

The Somali Islamist group al Shabaab claimed responsibility for an attack in northern Kenya's Lamu County which left two people dead, the militants and police said on Thursday.

The attack took place on Wednesday at 6 p.m. (10 a.m. EDT) in Mkunumbi, near Mpeketoni, according to Francis Wanjohi, regional Kenyan police commander. The area was the scene of several Islamist attacks last year.

Wanjohi said about 15 militants attacked a lorry and a police truck driving behind it. They killed two civilians in the lorry and wounded a police officer driving the police truck, who escaped by hiding in the bushes.

The gunmen drove off with the police truck, lorry and the policeman's rifle, Wanjohi said.

Al Shabaab said the attack was the fifth in the last 10 days.

"Kenya misinformed its people by saying that it eliminated al Shabaab from Kenya," Sheik Abdiasis Abu Musab, the group's military operations spokesman, told Reuters.
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-kenya-attacks-islamist-idUSKBN0U01AG20151217
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
gottfried21:
shocked
the reason the saudi are forming this coalition is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTcdDOUQQo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
africaken:
the reason the saudi are forming this coalition is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHTcdDOUQQo
could you please explain the content of that clip my network is lagging.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
#Nigeria COIN

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2015
South-Africa

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 19, 2015
overhypedsteve:
could you please explain the content of that clip my network is lagging.
it another houthi video of their fighters inside saudi destroying military vehicles left behind by saudi but a couple were not lucky ,they even blow up a building which you see the screen shot.which was the headquarter of the saudi troops guarding the border,now even recently ISIS has started threatening saudi,they are coming for them.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 19, 2015
stillchris:
https://www.today.ng/news/national/53761/nigeria-yet-to-decide-on-joining-saudi-led-anti-islamic-state-alliance

The Saudis must be very desperate .
A number of countries have expressed surprise that they were included by Saudi Arabia in a new military alliance to fight terrorism.
Officials in Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia all said they had not formally agreed to join the alliance.
Saudi Arabia on Tuesday said 34 mainly Muslim nations would be part of the counter-terrorism grouping.
Prince Mohammed said it would focus on efforts to fight terrorism in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/international/-members-surprised-by-saudi-anti-terror-coalition-plan/124689.html#Y8xo7dPM2oo4tXX7.99
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 19, 2015
africaken:
A number of countries have expressed surprise that they were included by Saudi Arabia in a new military alliance to fight terrorism.
Officials in Pakistan, Malaysia and Indonesia all said they had not formally agreed to join the alliance.
Saudi Arabia on Tuesday said 34 mainly Muslim nations would be part of the counter-terrorism grouping.
Prince Mohammed said it would focus on efforts to fight terrorism in Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan.
Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/international/-members-surprised-by-saudi-anti-terror-coalition-plan/124689.html#Y8xo7dPM2oo4tXX7.99
i am seeing Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan. in the list where the saudi anti terror coalition are going to be involve,my question is why is nigeria,mali,somali include or is it we save arabs first and then africans later nigeria troops in syria and iraq grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 19, 2015
Promotion Exams (Promex) Exercise 2015

Commander Kenya Army Lieutenant General Ngondi, Deputy Commander Major General Ondieki and other senior officers during the event.

Chief of Operations Brigadier Buluma welcomes the Commander Kenya Army Lieutenant General Ngondi to the exercise location.

Deputy Army commander Major General Ondieki (2nd right) being briefed by Officers during the Promotion Examinations 2015.

Lieutenant Ngone undertaking practical examinations during the event

Captain Leakono undertaking practical examination during the event.

the link http://ka.mod.go.ke/?p=923

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.