Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,494 members, 7,843,502 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6004917 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerian navy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 19, 2015
youngmoneypi:
Nigerian navy.
Is this a recent photo?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerian Police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2015
DRC

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerian Navy

- Armed Nigerian Navy 23mm Cannon

- NNS Centenary systems

- NNS Thunder

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:44am On Dec 19, 2015
africaken:
i am seeing Iraq, Syria, Libya, Egypt and Afghanistan. in the list where the saudi anti terror coalition are going to be involve,my question is why is nigeria,mali,somali include or is it we save arabs first and then africans later nigeria troops in syria and iraq grin
lol. Funny post. Or maybe if Nigeria agree to join the coalition they will agree to stop sponsoring BOkoHaram. Yeye people.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:47am On Dec 19, 2015
youngmoneypi:
Nigerian navy.
is the Navy producing a class of light patrol boats.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:48am On Dec 19, 2015
youngmoneypi:
Nigerian navy.

Please any body who knows the state of these ships?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2015
uganda soldiers in central africa hunting Kony

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
Henry240:

Is this a recent photo?

Yes the pictures are pretty much resent. ... Not more than two weeks old, I think.
I got it from a colleague who just got back from course.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:11pm On Dec 19, 2015
youngmoneypi:
Nigerian navy.
Baba I no fit shout.

Was this built locally? If yes, I believe we are good to go.

I just dey confused sef.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
Henry240:

Is this a recent photo?

This pic is different from the 1 you posted earlier.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 19, 2015
youngmoneypi:

Yes the pictures are pretty much resent. ... Not more than two weeks old, I think.
I got it from a colleague who just got back from course.

That's great. The former CNS did say 8 Naval vessels including NNS Siri and NNS Ayam would be undergoing a refit while 5 additional vessels would be built by the Navy at the Dockyard.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 19, 2015
iblawi:

This pic is different from the 1 you posted earlier.

The vessels @youngmoneypi posted are Nigerian Navy 58 meters missile crafts. They are currently undergoing a refit at the Naval Dockyards in Lagos.

My photos are, like you said, of an entirely different vessel, at-least 60 meters in size which the Navy is also currently constructing. I've been unable to I.D the vessel.

NNS Andoni II which is also a different build is 40 meters in size.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
Henry240:

Yes bros that what am waiting for. I can't wait to see this guy in service.

The other 1 just posted are our old LA combattante ||| but they really look good.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2015
Henry240:

The vessels @youngmoneypi posted are Nigerian Navy 58 meters missile crafts. They are currently undergoing a refit at the Naval Dockyards in Lagos.

My photos are, like you said, of an entirely different vessel, at-least 60 meters in size which the Navy is also currently constructing. I've been unable to I.D the vessel.

NNS Andoni II which is also a different build is 40 meters in size.

Yes bros. It will be the biggest locally constructed vessel built in Nigeria by the Navy. I just pray it would be well armed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 19, 2015
iblawi:

Yes bros. It will be the biggest locally constructed vessel built in Nigeria by the Navy. I just pray it would be well armed.

We'll have to wait and see, but for it's size it should carry atleast a 76mm oto melera.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2015
Henry240:

We'll have to wait and see, but for it's size it should carry atleast a 76mm oto melera.

Am thinking is 1 of the two 85m OPVs of the Navy plans to add to it inventory. But am not sure the size of this guy is up to 85m.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2015
Nigerian Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:51pm On Dec 19, 2015
NNS AYAM

NNS EKPE

NNS ANDONI

NNS NWAMBA

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 19, 2015
africaken:
uganda soldiers in central africa hunting Kony

This has to be one of the best photos of 2015.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 3:50am On Dec 20, 2015
Burundi...
5000 strong Au led Force vs the Burundian national defense force shocked
It's about to go down...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 8:35am On Dec 20, 2015
gottfried21:
Burundi... 5000 strong Au led Force vs the Burundian national defense force shocked It's about to go down...
i don't think AU will deploy without permissiin from burundian government.
unless there's evidence of genocide and the UNSC gives the go ahead
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2015
Henry240:

This has to be one of the best photos of 2015.
The dedication in that pic is just amazing, love it so much.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
stillchris:

i don't think AU will deploy without permissiin from burundian government.

unless there's evidence of genocide and the UNSC gives the go ahead
Actually it's not for the Government to decide, the AU gave the Government 96 hours to comply, otherwise they are sending in AU troops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:06pm On Dec 20, 2015
gottfried21:
Burundi...
5000 strong Au led Force vs the Burundian national defense force shocked
It's about to go down...
Wonder if the deployment will consist out of the AUs African standby force (ASF) ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
NighttWalker:
The dedication in that pic is just amazing, love it so much.

The Intensity, determination, dedication, resilience and pledge in the photo is simply overwhelming.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
SAAF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
#Nigeria COIN #War on Terror # Nigeria CTCOIN #REVA MRAPs #IED

Many people do not realize this, but the campaign in the N.E is one of the world's worst for IEDs and VBIEDs. IEDs present a clear and imminent threat for troops engaging terrorists in that region.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
israel has carried a precision air strike in syria capital Damascus ,destroying an apartment where a terrorist they were force to release in exchange for their two dead soldiers by hezbollah was with several syrian militia.when will we ever do s@#$ like this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjFXFNQ4EBM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 20, 2015
Henry240:
DRC

There Henry, fixed it for you:

Pic 1: FIB - Tanzanian Special Forces + Malawian Battalion soldier (in blue helmet) in a South African Mamba APC;

Pics 2 & 3: FIB - Tanzanian Battalion soldiers (an aside: Tanzo soldiers and their SF are equipped almost the same, except their SF doesn't wear UN blue; I always laugh when I see pics online labelled FIB + SF with UN blue);

Pic 4: Malawian OTT Puma M26 APC; they have about 10 of these in the DRC. They were rumoured to receive the latest M36 variant before the new govt cancelled the deal.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bomb Found Aboard Air France Flight - Kenya Airport Officials

We confirm of an emergency landing by Air France's flight from Mauritius at Moi Int'l Airport this morning after reports of a suspicious object was found on board.
The object has successfully been retrieved from the Paris bound flight.
Scheduled flights to Mombasa were disrupted this morning due to the incident.
Normal airport operations have resumed at Moi International Airport.
Investigations are underway by the National Security Agents on the ground and Air France.

http://sputniknews.com/world/20151220/1032048952/bomb-air-france.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.