Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5977993 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iamord(m): 8:30am On Jan 29, 2016
gottfried21:

You want nukes?
No . But the knowledge is essential for a country that seeks to be a power house. Could be used in other less harmful fields to help advance human endeavours
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iamord(m): 8:34am On Jan 29, 2016
ballballo:

Enrich nuclear materials.- YES, BUT NUCLEAR BOMB WHY WILL WE EVEN WANT A BOMB AT THIS TIME WHEN THE POWERS THAT BE HAVE A WATCHFUL EYE FOR COUNTRIES TRYING TO BUILD NUCK BOMB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_energy_in_Ghana
There are currently no nuclear power plants in Ghana, although there is one nuclear research reactor in Ghana as well as plans to build a power plant.[1]
 Ghana’s quest for nuclear power for electricity generation
dates as far back as the early 1960’s
 In 2008, the Government of Ghana took a cabinet decision to
add nuclear power to the energy mix of the country
 In 2010, Ghana added nuclear power to the national energy
policy
 A nuclear power unit was then established at the Ministry of
Energy and Petroleum in 2012
 Ghana’s Nuclear Energy Programme Implementation
Organisation(Ghana’s NEPIO) was inaugurated the same
year(2012)
Thank you for throwing more light on this. Kwame normal initiated the project. I remember seeing one of the nuclear scientists that was suppose to work on the project on Africa voices. Too bad nkrumah was over thrown
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:37am On Jan 29, 2016
MikeCZAR:
The R4 with a 50 mag is used in the SAW role in the SANDF.

First aid can be carried in the vest. and it is.

And oh you forgot: Blue force tracker down to every infanteer.

Sorry, what I ment is more comprehensive med-aid bags - not just somma a plaster and bandage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:39am On Jan 29, 2016
Chest rigs vs tactical and plate carrier combo?
Do you guys argue for the fun of it?

I can't seem to understand how a tactical vest without any protection is better than a vest with a plate carrier.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:
Tactical vests vs tactical and plate carrier combo?

I can't seem to understand how a tactical vest without any protection is better than a vest with a plate carrier.

Simple,

Say you are light/moto infantry

Say you are about to go on patrol for 5-6 days (up to 15)

If you drop the plate-carrier you save up to 8 kg's of weight

So, if all 12 guys in your section drop them as well that means you can all carry an extra 96kg of ammo/food/radio batteries etc

It also means you can cover more ground and dont get as hot, so you dont need to drink as much water.

Having someone get shot in a contact is bad, but having your whole section run out of ammo is worse

Like I said, RSA developed our current tactical vest and BPV at the same time. There is a reason that they designed them to be seperated, and that reason lies in experience in the bush wars.

NATO troops operate along a different doctrine and in circumstances that are completely different to what you would see in Africa. Trying to copy them will lead to failure.

BPV's are only essential for mech-inf or units that know they will be fighting in built up areas.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:
Tactical vests vs tactical and plate carrier combo?

That's not what we are saying!! What we are saying is that Tactical vest and Plate carriers should be separate, thus providing more versatility, if anything the old SADF proved that manoeuvrability and carrying more equipment out weighs the need for added protection in the African bush.

Also its not like the SANDF don't wear Plate Carriers, it all depends on the situation.

SANDF with Body armour and Webbing:

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:15am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

Simple,

Say you are light/moto infantry

Say you are about to go on patrol for 5-6 days (up to 15)

If you drop the plate-carrier you save up to 8 kg's of weight

So, if all 12 guys in your section drop them as well that means you can all carry an extra 96kg of ammo/food/radio batteries etc

It also means you can cover more ground and dont get as hot, so you dont need to drink as much water.

Having someone get shot in a contact is bad, but having your whole section run out of ammo is worse

Like I said, RSA developed our current tactical vest and BPV at the same time. There is a reason that they designed them to be seperated, and that reason lies in experience in the bush wars.

NATO troops operate along a different doctrine and in circumstances that are completely different to what you would see in Africa. Trying to copy them will lead to failure.

BPV's are only essential for mech-inf or units that know they will be fighting in built up areas.
Your opinion, I respect
Here's mine

I don't wanna track bandits in a bush and make contact, then I realize I'm feeling too delicate and need a plate.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Jan 29, 2016
jln115:

So only your opinion matters? Wow!! just Wow!!

How, I mean how did you even read this into my harmless comment? It's Patrick i'm talking to and not some newbie to the thread.

He is very well entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else. I don't agree with him, that's my opinion.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:20am On Jan 29, 2016
jln115:

That's not what we are saying!! What we are saying is that Tactical vest and Plate carriers should be separate, thus providing more versatility, if anything the old SADF proved that manoeuvrability and carrying more equipment out weighs the need for added protection in the African bush.

Also its not like the SANDF don't wear Plate Carriers, it all depends on the situation.

SANDF with Body armour and Webbing:
You need more equipments like what?
Standard tacticool vest with plate carrier have molles for attaching shitloads of whatever you need. If it ain't enough get a sturdy backpack.
Train in armor so you can fight in armor, then again. This is just my opinion.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:27am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

Your opinion, I respect
Here's mine

I don't wanna track bandits in a bush and make contact, then I realize I'm feeling too delicate and need a plate.

I would rather be without plate than without ammo

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:31am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

Standard tacticool vest with plate carrier have molles for attaching shitloads of whatever you need. If it ain't enough get a sturdy backpack.

Just watch videos of NATO troops in Afghantistan... the second they actually have to walk around they are lumbering oafs and get tired quickly.

In the bush, speed and concealment provide all the cover you need.

Its a doctrinal thing, if you can give all your men MRAPS and your MRAPS can access the whole theater of operations with ease, and you can saturate the theater of operations so that there is a FOB every 50 km and patrol houses every 10km between and have CAS on 5 min standby across the whole AO, then you can issue plate.

But in the vast distances we are involved in, with limited resources you want mobility above everything.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:39am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

I would rather be without plate than without ammo
How many mags do you carry in your standard chest rigs??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:43am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

Just watch videos of NATO troops in Afghantistan... the second they actually have to walk around they are lumbering oafs and get tired quickly.

In the bush, speed and concealment provide all the cover you need.

Its a doctrinal thing, if you can give all your men MRAPS and your MRAPS can access the whole theater of operations with ease, and you can saturate the theater of operations so that there is a FOB every 50 km and patrol houses every 10km between and have CAS on 5 min standby across the whole AO, then you can issue plate.

But in the vast distances we are involved in, with limited resources you want mobility above everything.
cheesy don't mind those NATO slackers.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:55am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

How many mags do you carry in your standard chest rigs??

6 + 1
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

That limits versatility.

South Africa introduced the Pat84 and the BPV set-up at the same time... there is a reason they were designed to be separated.

NATO can get away with their heavy cumbersome set-ups because of their doctrine - infantry mobility is not something they place a high value on.

The job of their infantry is to roll around in MRAP/IFV until they hit contact... then dismount, pin the target with fire and bring in CAS or Arty to destroy the target.

If you watch hornets nest or Armadillo, those guys will fly straight into combat and dismount. In the doccie Battle for Marjha, the marines dismounted their helo's less than 10km from the target and they were exhausted by the time they got there.

You simply cannot operate like that all the time in Africa.

BPVs are essential for mech inf only. Light and moto rely on mobility so they need to be able to get rid of the heavy plate vests when they have to go out on 5 or 6 day foot patrols... or because in combat they may have to dismount and cover vast distances on foot

- New Nigerian bulletproof vests ( Pic 1& 2)

- Older version Nigerian bullet proof vest ( Pic 3)

I specifically uploaded the photo of that Turkish soldier because his bulletproof vest provided essentially a very practical vest, load & capacity.

It isn't cumbersome, it doesn't impede his mobility and there are enough pouches available. He is able to carry 9 Mags and all the other basics.

The new Nigerian vests and the older types offer the same capability as the Turkish vest. However on the older Nigerian vests, there isn't enough provision for pockets, although, that's the basic version.

On the newer vest, adequate arrangements for pouches are available, it is light enough for the soldier to carry for hours. Provisions for a Knife, grenades, and up to 7 Mags ( 6 in front and 1 at the side) is provided. The soldier only needs to carry a camel back for his water supply.

This is the appropriate vest for the modern day African soldier.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:05am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

6 + 1
Same loadout
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

Same loadout

Yes, however you can now carry an extra 7kgs of belt/grenades/60mm mortars
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

Yes, however you can now carry an extra 7kgs of belt/grenades/60mm mortars
Serious heat, for a patrol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:24am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

Serious heat, for a patrol

When you dont have CAS on 5 min standby you need to be able to fight your way out of or into anything

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:29am On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:

When you dont have CAS on 5 min standby you need to be able to fight your way out of or into anything
But really not every man packs that much?

Tacticool cool
(take of those 9mm, you don't need those, better off with more ammo)

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:43am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

But really not every man packs that much?

Tacticool cool
(take of those 9mm, you don't need those, better off with more ammo)

Again, designed for a different environment and doctrine

And yes they do, you have to remember that carrying all the gear you need and being as mobile and light as possible was so essential in the border war that most light and moto inf would leave their helmets back at base.

Again, I am talking about light and moto inf, not mech. Mech Inf wearing BPV's is a given.

I find it ironic that after all this talk of the errors of African militarys copying the West and not developing "African solutions to African problems" everyone is jumping on this... I suspect it is simply because it looks cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:57am On Jan 29, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:01am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:
Exactly my point

Notice he has no BPV and i only wearing a tactical vest

Why? Because he has an assload of other stuff to move around so he got rid of the plate-carrier
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

Radio, food, water, ammo, shelter, grenades, ect ect ect.....Body armour with a plate weighs 8kgs!! Thus hinders manoeuvrability!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:19am On Jan 29, 2016
Henry240:

How, I mean how did you even read this into my harmless comment? It's Patrick i'm talking to and not some newbie to the thread.

He is very well entitled to his opinion, just like everyone else. I don't agree with him, that's my opinion.
Don't have a problem with you not agreeing with him.....its the way you said it....exmp you found his posts "Amusing" or the fact that you basically said his not civilized!!

I though with all this derailment on this thread, people would try to post a in such a way NOT to offend someone and thus leading to another derailment!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:21am On Jan 29, 2016
jln115:

Radio, food, water, ammo, shelter, grenades, ect ect ect.....Body armour with a plate weighs 8kgs!!
All here, for the shelter strap it to the back

Train in amour fight in amour.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:35am On Jan 29, 2016
jln115:

Don't have a problem with you not agreeing with him.....its the way you said it....exmp you found his posts "Amusing" or the fact that you basically said his not civilized!!

I though with all this derailment on this thread, people would try to post a in such a way NOT to offend someone and thus leading to another derailment!!

Amusing, because it's Patches, same manner you talk with an old pal.

Where did i say he is not civilized?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 29, 2016
Henry240:

Amusing, because it's Patches, same manner you talk with an old pal.

Where did i say he is not civilized?
AAAHHHH!! OK I get it my bad then!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

All here, for the shelter strap it to the back

Train in amour fight in amour.
How much does weigh?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:58am On Jan 29, 2016
jln115:

How much does weigh?
As much as he weighs.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2016
Patchesagain:
... I suspect it is simply because it looks cool

grin
No it doesn't. grin grin

OK it does cool wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2016
M14A1:

As much as he weighs.
Many reasons why his wearing a backpack, but that's not what our soldier wear on deployment, BUT it still proves my point, when walking around with 40kg worth of kit, an 8kg plate makes a huge difference.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: amen2seye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.