Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,320 members, 7,853,478 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:24 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (642) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019872 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

the F7 is a reversed engineered mig21. Any case those mig 21s and the F7 are not something Nigeria needs. NAF needs a proper multi role advanced fighter witch they seem to be getting.
IMO ..the F7 should be left to do what it was created for-Interception
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

the F7 is a reversed engineered mig21. Any case those mig 21s and the F7 are not something Nigeria needs. NAF needs a proper multi role advanced fighter witch they seem to be getting.

Nigeria got the F-7s because between 1993 - 2003, Nigerian pilots did not fly any supersonic fighter. They only flew Subsonic Alpha jets, so when we started growing in year 2000 after the debt relief and most of the debts had been paid, a decision was made to get a transition fighter. The F-7s was purchased to fill this gap.

Looking back, i can say it was a very good decision, and the best decision to have taken at the time.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 8:14pm On Sep 15, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Turkish military base in Somalia (still undergoing development). What's with all this Turkish interest in Somalia?
Any ideas ?

I guess they only follow USA or serve like mercenary ,like Japan.Though they are dreaming about ottoman empire.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:15pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

I am talking about we doing reverse enginering and not some Chinese stuff.
You want something worse than the F-7
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
Odunayaw:
IMO ..the F7 should be left to do what it was created for-Interception
grin grin I like those F7. However, their pictures do not surface online like the A-jets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

NNS unity should better be on her way home.
that ship is in service already
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:21pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

You want something worse than the F-7

Worse? You consider the F-7 to be bad? Moreover what I am trying to say is the MIG-21 will definitely do out UAV engineers more good.

There's something to learn from that old bird for Nigerian engineers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:22pm On Sep 15, 2016
Odunayaw:
that ship is in service already

On Chinese waters lol grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xer0: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
I CAN'T BELIEVE NO ONE MENTIONED THIS

Today marks the one hundred anniversary of the first tanks used in combat during World War One
The Mark I British landship was introduced at the battle of Flers-Courcelette ten weeks into The Somme
Only 32 of the 49 tanks shipped were able to be deployed and only nine made it across no-man’s land
Though primitive they signalled a new deadly era in military combat and became vital tools of battle

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

On Chinese waters lol grin
grin I just de know dat wan na
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

Worse? You consider the F-7 to be bad? Moreover what I am trying to say is the MIG-21 will definitely do out UAV engineers more good.

There's something to learn from that old bird for Nigerian engineers.
You consider the F-7 to be good?

Yes there's something to learn on the ground from it.
After that herd them all to the museum with the alpha in tow

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

The karaduwa is really something cool. The navy is getting indigenous in a very fast rate while the Airforce is still on gulma?

The Navy still has a long way to go. However at this point, we can say 30% of Nigerian naval crafts are indigenous. A 60 meters vessel should get us going pretty good.

There are currently 5 Gulma units in service.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

Yes there's something to learn on the ground from it.
After that herd them all to the museum with the alpha in tow

Yea I consider them to be good. Not in battle warfare but for her class she's good to go technologically. I can guarantee you after dismantling the Mig 21, we will be able to manufacture a proper UAV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
Henry240:

I keep wondering myself. Africaken should be able to answer this.
they aspire for the same political ideology ,like the egyptian muslim brotherhood.also edorgan has hegemony ambitions especially in the middle east and somalia is a muslim country in need financially and military .which could be loyal if supported by a country like turkey which has the economic and military,which it using to its advantage.turkey is also building a military base in qatar. qatar is big supporter of erdogan and his political ideology.the day turkey start's delivering its surplus F-5's jets to somalia national army,kenya will be in a panic mode,considering we having territorial dispute with them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:
Yes there's something to learn on the ground from it. After that herd them all to the museum with the alpha in tow
Lmao
The Alpha jets got to go, but the F-7s can still serve as Interceptors.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2016
tdayof:

Yea I consider them to be good. Not in battle warfare but for her class she's good to go technologically. I can guarantee you after dismantling the Mig 21, we will be able to manufacture a proper UAV.
Thanks for being honest.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Henry240:

Lmao

intercept what? They should be phased out when your new jets arrive in a 1 for 1 bases
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
Henry240:

Lmao

F-7s are fantastic daytime linear interceptors (short legged if i may add)
Ah!! The love affair between the NAF and the alpha jets is like a union bound in hell, all the right reasons and all the wrong reasons.

If they can't stand cutting the alphas, then creating an October 1st aerobatics display team out of the alphas shouldnt be a bad idea. Just don't fly them into battle no more.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2016
South Africa replacing 30yrs old samil trucks is really commendable.
It doesn't need to start falling apart before you call for its replacement
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 15, 2016
does india have a presence on AAD 2016 expo,i would presume they would have also displayed their HAL Tejas jet
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 9:17pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

40 years old. Some with over a million km on the clock
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

SANDF Samils are very old though, and i need of replacements.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 9:23pm On Sep 15, 2016
africaken254:
does india have a presence on AAD 2016 expo,i would presume they would have also displayed their HAL Tejas jet
Yes.

No. Would have been a waste of funds if they did. The reason that Brazilian medium lift aircraft isn't here.

The Super Mushak is here though.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2016
M14A1:

F-7s are fantastic daytime linear interceptors (short legged if i may add)
Ah!! The love affair between the NAF and the alpha jets is like a union bound in hell, all the right reasons and all the wrong reasons.

If they can't stand cutting the alphas, then creating an October 1st aerobatics display team out of the alphas shouldnt be a bad idea. Just don't fly them into battle no more.

NAF Alpha jets have served us really well, however i don't think the NAF has a replacement for them yet. The Tucano cannot replace the Alpha.

I agree with converting them into display jets, it should be a natural progression just like Portuguese Alpha jets. The L-15 should be a natural replacement for them, but i don't know whether we can afford them at this point.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

intercept what? They should be phased out when your new jets arrive in a 1 for 1 bases
phased out after being used for less than 12yrs...You r joking ryt?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

You are right, however those jets are still new.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2016
andrewza:

40 years old. Some with over a million km on the clock
Say what grin grin grin LMAO!!!!
They were literally sheet boxes grin grin

Good riddance
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2016
Henry240:

NAF Alpha jets have served us really well, however i don't think the NAF has a replacement for them yet. The Tucano cannot replace the Alpha.

I agree with converting them into display jets, it should be a natural progression just like Portuguese Alpha jets. The L-15 should be a natural replacement for them, but i don't know whether we can afford them at this point.
As for replacement for Alpha..We were once linked to k8 trainers (Would have preferred we snatch our MBB339s back)
we could get K8 trainers and configure them specifically with resemblance to jf-17 cockpit
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
Odunayaw:
As for replacement for Alpha..We were once linked to k8 trainers (Would have preferred we snatch our MBB339s back)
we could get K8 trainers and configure them specifically with resemblance to jf-17 cockpit

I absolutely hate the K-8 Karakorum. Either we get back our MB 399C/D or we go for the L-15/Yak-130.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 15, 2016
africaken254:
they aspire for the same political ideology ,like the egyptian muslim brotherhood.also edorgan has hegemony ambitions especially in the middle east and somalia is a muslim country in need financially and military .which could be loyal if supported by a country like turkey which has the economic and military,which it using to its advantage.turkey is also building a military base in qatar. qatar is big supporter of erdogan and his political ideology.the day turkey start's delivering its surplus F-5's jets to somalia national army,kenya will be in a panic mode,considering we having territorial dispute with them

he wants to acquire territory which was once part of the ottoman empire.
wonder what the chinese think about him considering his support to the Chinese rebels (ughirs) spelled it wrong grin

actually his aim was to use the ISIS as a proxy towards realization of the ottoman empire , but he seems to have adapted , after he almost lost his kingship due to the coup .
africa will bear the brunt if erdogan engages in any large scale misadventure .

what was surprising to me was the speed with which he changed sides after the failed coup.
just saying Putin is ex KGB , and KGB used to consign turncoats to the gulags after making full use of them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2016
Henry240:

I absolutely hate the K-8 Karakorum. Either we get back our MB 399C/D or we go for the L-15/Yak-130.
grin dz oga ehn

but why
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 15, 2016
Odunayaw:

grin dz oga ehn

but why

The K-8 Karakorum looks like a cross-breed between the Alpha-jet and the L-39. Like they both made love and crapped out the K-8.

(1) (2) (3) ... (639) (640) (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.