Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,351 members, 7,853,546 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 06:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6020003 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2851) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:12am On Sep 16, 2016
africaken254:

read more http://allafrica.com/stories/201609160057.html

i thought MONUSCO had secured that region of DRC congo

They can only secure where they are. So the rural areas are still full of bandits and rebels that act like civilians when the UN drives throgh
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 16, 2016
The Director of Information for the Nigerian Navy, Commodore Christian Ezekobe told The Guardian that Nigeria currently has no submarine but that a move to purchase one is part of the Revised Nigerian Navy Transformation Plan (R-NNTP). “We were supposed to have it as early as 2021-2022 but you and I know that with the economic realities of today, that may not be feasible, but it is still in the pipeline,” he said.

guardian.ng/news/nigerian-millitary-misses-out-on-global-race-for-submarines/

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2016

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45102:denel-land-systems-launches-new-machine-gun-range&catid=7:Industry&Itemid=116

Denels new GPMG is 8.4KGs or 2 KGs less than the SS77 and as 400rounds barrel live or 200 rounds more. Looks like a good choice for a SS77 replacement.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 16, 2016
Frumentius, i believe you were asking for this

Cameroun BIR Ratel IFV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 16, 2016
AAD 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2016
andrewza:

Denels new GPMG is 8.4KGs or 2 KGs less than the SS77 and as 400rounds barrel live or 200 rounds more. Looks like a good choice for a SS77 replacement.

It looks cool. I guess a lot of Polymer was used in other to reduce weight. 8.4kg is light enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:24am On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:
Frumentius, i believe you were asking for this

Cameroun BIR Ratel IFV

looks so strange in that clour scheme so used to it being in brown. Any body know what modifications Cameroon had done to them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 16, 2016
Nigerian Air Force C-130

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:28am On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

It looks cool. I guess a lot of Polymer was used in other to reduce weight. 8.4kg is light enough.

All so some changes to the barrel that both reduced the weight, increased the handling of heat and made it shorter. Still leathal out to 3000m and effective out to 1300m. Don't think it will enter serves for a few years but it s nice that we have options. Maybe denel could provide a few to the UN FIB to field test them.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2016
Locally built Nigerian UAV

Credits: Sidajili

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:30am On Sep 16, 2016

AAD
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2016
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:34am On Sep 16, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 16, 2016
andrewza:

The truck is more just giving information. The JF-17 is me saying they should replace the F7 the L15 is well great a great aircraft that looks great and Nigeria should really look at getting a few.

My idea is by 2025 16 JF-17, 28 L15 that is one squadron of JF-17, one squadron of operational L15 and one training squadron of L15. by 2030 the you could have a second JF17 squadron or a squadron of something bigger like SU30. I don't see a use for F7 in Nigeria since there range and payload means they not the best in any thing but incepting aircraft a task not needed.

Again, i have to agree with your assessment. However on the SU-30, we have never had a requirement for aircrafts such as the SU-30, i don't see Nigeria going for them. We'll rather develop the JF-17 to the Block 3 specs, then invest in a matured J-31.

Our requirement is for a multi-role aircraft, with an emphasis on ground attack. Not a frontline air-superiority.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2016
patches689:

Africa Truck is based on the RG35

It looks like we are going to roll Teamster and Septula into one project and replace the lot at once

Economies of Scale mean that is will be quite do able
Yes no doubt we will replace them, but I seriously doubt it will be within the next 5 years...besides Denels new truck still needs more developing, testing ect ect so even it won't be available for at least 3 years.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 10:52am On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

Again, i have to agree with your assessment. However on the SU-30, we have never had a requirement for aircrafts such as the SU-30, i don't see Nigeria going for them. We'll rather develop the JF-17 to the Block 3 specs, then invest in a matured J-31.

Our requirement is for a multi-role aircraft, with an emphasis on ground attack. Not a frontline air-superiority.

the SU30 has great range and a massive bomb load it a deadly strike aircraft. But yes I agree it not really needed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

The discussion is based on the JF-17 photo i posted, the Africa Truck the South-Africans posted, and the L-15 i also posted.

The discussions are all on topic, you don't suppose we would just post pictures without atleast a bit of discussion on them. We'll all get bored if it were so.

We all agreed that discussions have to be limited to photos posted. This thread would not turn into a derailers paradise, i won't allow it.
ya ya ya...we all know this,but it used to be ''STRICTLY african military photos.my concern isn't with the jf17 samil truck,L15 or anything of such..but my main concern is with the qoutes and long disccusions, i also find the little info on any weapon useful...but who ever wants to comment should go over to the strictly disccusion,remember you're the boss here(wether you accept or not cool).if someone qoutes or mentions you,please reply the person on the other thread which you created for discussions.

Abeg no let bad belle KIDs spoil the fine thread for us ni.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:13am On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

d new amouredSu34 will be great wen compared to d j31 wot do we need stealth aircraft for.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 11:24am On Sep 16, 2016
jln115:

Yes no doubt we will replace them, but I seriously doubt it will be within the next 5 years...besides Denels new truck still needs more developing, testing ect ect so even it won't be available for at least 3 years.
Depends how serious the defence force needs the truck it can be fielded early next year.

The development takes time during peaceful times.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 16, 2016
giles14:
d new amouredSu34 will be great wen compared to d j31 wot do we need stealth aircraft for.

5th Gen electronics, not necessarily for stealth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2016
pacretus:
ya ya ya...we all know this,but it used to be ''STRICTLY african military photos.my concern isn't with the jf17 samil truck,L15 or anything of such..but my main concern is with the qoutes and long disccusions, i also find the little info on any weapon useful...

Abeg no let bad belle KIDs spoil the fine thread for us ni.

Long quotes and discussions would be dealt with appropriately. However, the increased activity comes after we did the TOP 15, and the AAD in RSA contributes to the discussion, which is absolutely normal.

Everything is in line, and the Mods promptly deal with derailers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2016
SAAF Gripen C, with a combined air-to-air and air-to-
ground load out, after arriving at AAD2016.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Pic 1. Ghana Air Force "open day", members of the public ca experience being in the armed forces

Pic 2, Ghana armed forces special forces vehicle

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2016
Mobility demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtileTHg4Bc

Salient points:

- spokesmen are getting better
- Mbombe seems to be more nimble than the RF
- Badger seems to have a firmer suspension, also notice the new bars on the turret (protect the commander's optics?)

Automated husky was fvcking cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:06pm On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

The Director of Information for the Nigerian Navy, Commodore Christian
Ezekobe told The Guardian that Nigeria currently has no submarine but
that a move to purchase one is part of the Revised Nigerian Navy
Transformation Plan (R-NNTP).
“We were supposed to have it as early as 2021-2022 but you and I know
that with the economic realities of today, that may not be feasible, but it is
still in the pipeline,” he said.

guardian.ng/news/nigerian-millitary-misses-out-on-global-race-for-submarines/
I no wan de hear "economic reality o
2021-2022 is doable
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2016
Henry, africaken and Chinese, thanks for the explanation on the whole turkey-Somalia relationship
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:21pm On Sep 16, 2016
Henry240:

J-31??

Are you high? Ain't nobody getting their hands on one of those

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 16, 2016
patches689:

J-31??
Are you high? Ain't nobody getting their hands on one of those
J-31 AVIC = Export.

J-20, strictly Chinese = No export.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2016
OFF-TOPIC

American Commandos in Syria. Always so unassuming. Where are all the fancy gear?

No Special Forces Vehicle, nothing fancy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 16, 2016
MikeCZA:
Depends how serious the defence force needs the truck it can be fielded early next year.

The development takes time during peaceful times.
True, IMO new trucks aren't that important at this stage....we can make do with our SAMILs for a couple more years!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 16, 2016
patches689:
Mobility demo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtileTHg4Bc

Salient points:

- spokesmen are getting better
- Mbombe seems to be more nimble than the RF
- Badger seems to have a firmer suspension, also notice the new bars on the turret (protect the commander's optics?)

Automated husky was fvcking cool
Was hoping to see the mbombe8x8, just to compare it to the badger!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2016

(1) (2) (3) ... (641) (642) (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) ... (2851) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: chidekings(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.