Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,962 members, 7,863,418 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 05:26 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034089 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 03, 2016
KENYA- Kenya Defense Force combat engineers prepare small sections of time fuse for timing calculations during demolition training taught by U.S. Navy Sailors from Task Force Sparta during Deliberate Kindle 2016, Sept. 19, at a training center in Kenya. Deliberate Kindle 2016 is taught by U.S. Navy explosive ordnance disposal technicians and a dive independent duty corpsman assigned to Combined Joint Task Force-Horn of Africa. It is a four-week Humanitarian Mine Action course designed to provide training in countering improvised explosive devices and unexploded ordnance, medical, and train-the-trainer skills to approximately 53 KDF soldiers in preparation for future deployments with the African Union Mission in Somalia. (U.S. Air Force photo by Staff Sgt. Tiffany DeNault)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 6:51pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:

You're sailing pretty close to the wind, my man. Henry is just being lazy: we all know where to find good quality shows to download.
And Henry, Google doesn't take things down on its own volition: they require a DCMA take-down notice from the party whose copyright has been infringed.

And it's episode 4 tonight! wink
I know even if its free it doesnt mean you can dowload illigally and share it..... but its not exactly illigal in my country... I mean you can find any small shop selling HD foreign movies for $0.5 dollars and that shop owner pays taxes for his bussiness so the govt knows that its illigal per copyright laws but still looks the other way... So if google will have an issue with me, they let me know..

anyway, am using free internet so sharing the videos is no biggy, its my pleasure
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2016
Could this gears be comfortable when engaging multiple enemies on a firefight

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2016
ballballo:

Nigerian Navy does not use this kind of military knee pads. It actually Ghanaian Navy personnel using Nigerian weapons at last year's exercise obangame express.

Thanks for the heads-up, correction applied.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:

@ballballo: I'm a fan of the OTT Hunter that your SF use. Would they ever require the add-on armour that ICP has developed for their updated version, the REVA Scout?

@Henry: at first we thought ICP had "plagiarised" the OTT Hunter. It now transpires that the material difference is unique add-on armour that results in only a 10% reduction of the Hunter's claimed mobility.

Although you're a fan of the OTT Hunter, doesn't it betray low observerivibility, which is one of the mission requirements for vehicles in that class? Special forces vehicles that is. The Hornet, Jannkel, Reva FAV and Panhard SFV are to me, more mission suitable.

OTT Hunter, Reva Scout are more suited for long range recon missions where the mission is shake up the "hornets nest", draw fire and eliminate the enemy.

It still does mean ICP plagiarized OTT. However, I'm not seeing any add-on armour in the photos you shared. I'm referring the British vehicle type of add-on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
I love my job. Spent the day at the appropriately named Valhalla Hill in Pretoria, location of both Joint Operations and the SASF Brigade. Finalisation of the selection and training programme for anti-poaching game rangers by the SF on the Wagtail Trooper.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2016
...the Wagtail Trooper:

The Trooper has a pilot up front and two outward facing seats behind for the rapid deployment of personnel such as game rangers, who can disembark in under two seconds, with a payload of about 250kg - from surveillance equipment to military hardware. In SASF test configuration, has been armed with the the SS77 LMG as well as chaff and flare dispensers.
Flown more than 800 hours on anti-poaching patrols with SA National Parks and private operators. Has been exported to Botswana and Australia.

And tomorrow the hard chore of observing the Recces demonstrating its utility out in the field, at a game farm cool.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 03, 2016
meanwhile in Libya, is that not a Tug boat or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_o5eM0m0QI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2016
Egypt Mistral-class

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2016
Rooivalk-Flares

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 03, 2016
Henry240:

Although you're a fan of the OTT Hunter, doesn't it betray low observerivibility, which is one of the mission requirements for vehicles in that class? Special forces vehicles that is. The Hornet, Jannkel, Reva FAV and Panhard SFV are to me, more mission suitable.

Different requirements and therefore vehicle capabilities altogether. Hornet, FAV and Panhard SFV are more suited to an urban and peri-urban environment which allows SF to exploit movement and firepower in confined spaces.

OTT Hunter, Reva Scout are more suited for long range recon missions where the mission is shake up the "hornets nest", draw fire and eliminate the enemy.

Precisely, for long-range recon and patrol; ambivalent about stirring the hornest's nest unless one had unimpeachable intel with requisite overwhelming fire support on tap.

It still does mean ICP plagiarized OTT. However, I'm not seeing any add-on armour in the photos you shared. I'm referring the British vehicle type of add-on.

I trust ICP when they demonstrate their vehicle - based on the SAMIL 20 that everyone (including our Brit cousins) has been "ripping off" - at AAD 2016, with no recriminations. SA has a fairly robust patent system and that OTT has not instituted legal proceedings against ICP demonstrates the validity of their claims.

As for the add-on armour, I was privy to a demonstration. So yes, no visual confirmation, and you don't have to take my word. But look at the vehicle and you will see how and where it's feasible. ICP is made up of retired SASF operators and is not given to dissembling.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:
...the Wagtail Trooper:

The Trooper has a pilot up front and two outward facing seats behind for the rapid deployment of personnel such as game rangers, who can disembark in under two seconds, with a payload of about 250kg - from surveillance equipment to military hardware. In SASF test configuration, has been armed with the the SS77 LMG as well as chaff and flare dispensers.
Flown more than 800 hours on anti-poaching patrols with SA National Parks and private operators. Has been exported to Botswana and Australia.

And tomorrow the hard chore of observing the Recces demonstrating its utility out in the field, at a game farm cool.

If this was facebook i would be saying "inbox" ;-)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:29pm On Oct 03, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2016
Sometime in the DRC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:
Sometime in the DRC.
Dude why are you showing us your back?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 03, 2016
Blast from the past...FIB in the DRC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:

I trust ICP when they demonstrate their vehicle - based on the SAMIL 20 that everyone (including our Brit cousins) has been "ripping off" - at AAD 2016, with no recriminations. SA has a fairly robust patent system and that OTT has not instituted legal proceedings against ICP demonstrates the validity of their claims.

As for the add-on armour, I was privy to a demonstration. So yes, no visual confirmation, and you don't have to take my word. But look at the vehicle and you will see how and where it's feasible. ICP is made up of retired SASF operators and is not given to dissembling.

I do have to agree with your submission on the use of both the Hornet and Panhard SPV, how in practice these vehicles are increasingly used interchangeably.

Offcourse, i'm not taking your word for it. Evidence is required, however just like any other vehicle, there is room for add-on armour, i can see that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Troops from Guinea in Mali

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:58pm On Oct 03, 2016
Ghana Navy patrol boat in the shadow of a Mistral.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerian F-7 pilot selfie

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force C-130

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2016
S ;Derious

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2016
IbnSultaan:
S ;Derious
phew!! its gonna be a long day grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 03, 2016
Henry240:

Offcourse, i'm not taking your word for it. Evidence is required, however just like any other vehicle, there is room for add-on armour, i can see that.

Now you sound like that other fool who said Iraq's EC635's could not possibly be firing Denel's Ingwe missiles because he had not seen public photos of 1) the helis with FLIR systems; and 2) pics and videos of any missiles being fired from them.

Never mind we showed him proof of 3 years of Iraqi orders of Ingwe and Paramount having got the only global contract to arm the EC635.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 03, 2016
jteku:
Could this gears be comfortable when engaging multiple enemies on a firefight
I will never be caught wearing this , for what na ! in the hot sahara ....kai
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 03, 2016
frumentius:

Now you sound like that other fool who said Iraq's EC635's could not possibly be firing Denel's Ingwe missiles because he had not seen public photos of 1) the helis with FLIR systems; and 2) pics and videos of any missiles being fired from them.

Never mind we showed him proof of 3 years of Iraqi orders of Ingwe and Paramount having got the only global contract to arm the EC635.

Please make your comments in a civil manner. We are all adults for christ-sakes. You don't have to insult anybody.

If you went on to read my comment instead of concentrating on just one sentence, you'll see i agree with you on armour upgrade.

post comments in a civil manner, anymore insults and you'll get a ban for cyber-bullying.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force Puma mechanics

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2016
Nigerian Air Force F-7

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 03, 2016
Henry240:

Please make your comments in a civil manner. We are all adults for christ-sakes. You don't have to insult anybody.

If you went on to read my comment instead of concentrating on just one sentence, you'll see i agree with you on armour upgrade.

post comments in a civil manner, anymore insults and you'll get a ban for cyber-bullying.

Oh! I'm so sorry Henry. Fool? I meant im-becile. Civil enough for you?
As for the cyber-bullying ban, really?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:07am On Oct 04, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force F-7
from the underbelly.. it could pass for cute
but other poses ..ugh!!disgusted sigh!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:14am On Oct 04, 2016
As if DICON don't exist.

http:///goNY505519h
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 04, 2016
frumentius:

Oh! I'm so sorry Henry. Fool? I meant im-becile. Civil enough for you? As for the cyber-bullying ban, really?
This guy.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.