Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,975 members, 7,863,480 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 06:33 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (684) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6034248 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 05, 2016
ethiopia SU-27 jets

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 3:53am On Oct 05, 2016
africaken254:
off topic:new improved variant of Chengdu J-10C multi role fighter aircraft,spotted under going flight trials

Fong-kong typhoon
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:00am On Oct 05, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
D.R.C

seems endless war in this country
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 5:02am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

Fong-kong typhoon

just air-frame similar. but different inside.more origin from LAVI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:20am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

Presidential Air Fleet, not Pakistani Air Force. He means some assets currently in the Presidential Air Fleet would soon be transfered to purely NAF personnel use.

The PAF is part of the Nigerian air force.

Oh I grab. Of what use will they be to the NAF? PAF operates mostly airliner. Are they going to be converted for ISR?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:34am On Oct 05, 2016
Off topic....Photoshoot has taken a different dimension now...defying even God

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 7:28am On Oct 05, 2016
Unknown to many, this are the devices every military render to its citizen

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:57am On Oct 05, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

i dont think firm decisions have been made by this new CNS, big decisions like this can be very difficult to make baring in mind that it'll always end up being about funds available and how willing NN top brass are to squeeze money out of the system. we just have to seat and wait.
personally i think it'll get scrapped or postponed, they are not willing to embark on the mili-million dollar project to revive her.

That ship is a mess at this point. Multiple collissions, multiple re-fits, years on the quay side, etc etc etc. Money would be better spent on another corvette. Or saved for upgrades for existing vessels.

Best to sail her out to sea and let your other vessels use her for gunnery practice.

A viking funeral is the only funeral fit for a warship.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:59am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

Let me clear this one.

I shared that particular photo back in 2013 when Nigerian forces first deployed to Mali. That's not rust, what you're seeing in that photo is an effect of a sandstorm. You can see the soldiers hand and mask, brown in dust, and he has his goggles on.

......Because of the proximity of the AO to the Sahara desert, it sits right on the desert. There are usually very frequent sandstorms. Soldiers had to wear Goggles and balaclava to operate.

Photo related Nigerian soldier in Mali; Nigerians came kitted this way as an operational requirement.

I know rust when I see it, that hue is the hue of oxidization.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

I know rust when I see it, that hue is the hue of oxidization.

No sir, that is not rust. I sourced the image, i know based on soldier accounts the weather condition of the Malian AO. I'm not going to go back and forth on this one.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

That ship is a mess at this point. Multiple collissions, multiple re-fits, years on the quay side, etc etc etc. Money would be better spent on another corvette. Or saved for upgrades for existing vessels.

Best to sail her out to sea and let your other vessels use her for gunnery practice.

A viking funeral is the only funeral fit for a warship.

What a load of rubbish.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 05, 2016
Algerian navy mine hunters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:16am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

No sir, that is not rust. I sourced the image, i know based on soldier accounts the weather condition of the Malian AO. I'm not going to go back and forth on this one.

"Dust sticks to vertical steel and doesnt get blown off by a moving vehicle"

Yeah, ok bud, whatever helps you sleep at night
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:20am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

What a load of rubbish.

So you think it is a worth while endeavor to pump millions into a 26 year old ship, that hasnt put to sea in allmost a decade, has missiles which are likely expired, underwent a refit of dubious quality - who knows which systems still date back to the 1980's - , has been crashed multiple times and was designed with conventional surface warfare in mind?

What happened to the old, "we buy what we need based on our threats" argument you used to rattle out?

There are better things to spend money on than a beat up ship, and no, national pride is not a valid expense. You said yourself, the cost of ressurection is in the ballpark of a new corvette... which would you rather have?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

So you think it is a worth while endeavor to pump millions into a 26 year old ship, that hasnt put to sea in allmost a decade, has missiles which are likely expired, underwent a refit of dubious quality - who knows which systems still date back to the 1980's - , has been crashed multiple times and was designed with conventional surface warfare in mind?

What happened to the old, "we buy what we need based on our threats" argument you used to rattle out?

There are better things to spend money on than a beat up ship, and no, national pride is not a valid expense. You said yourself, the cost of ressurection is in the ballpark of a new corvette... which would you rather have?

The last time Aradu actively sailed was in 2011. There are photos of the Aradu sailing in 2011 right here in this very thread. Look at the first 2 pages of this very thread. It has since then been docked. That's 5years ago, is that a decade to you?

Your ignorance, would have been so hilarious, if it wasn't this plain pitiable.

A significant investment in the Aradu would put her in a condition which is as good as new. For a battleship as good as the Aradu, a vessel that still has 30 years of life in her, i see no reason why an investment in the Aradu won't be a perfect idea.

Dude stop displaying gross ignorance. The comments we have made on the Aradu have been purely speculative. Nigerian defence procurements have always been on a need basis. Over the past 3years, the Nigerian navy has procured 5 Offshore Patrol Vessels, 13 Midshore Patrol Vessels, hundreds of Inshore Patrol Crafts and 4 Bell helicopters. This is a procurement that is based on a requirement.

If money is to be spent on the Aradu, it won't be based on any National pride. It is simply a required investment that would put a darn good, a brilliant battleship back to sea. What i've proposed is to put the Aradu back to sea, while 2 Corvettes are bought to compliment her.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2016
tdayof:

Oh I grab. Of what use will they be to the NAF? PAF operates mostly airliner. Are they going to be converted for ISR?

I suspect the NAF would rig pods on them. I also suspect it would be the AW-139 helicopters that would be transferred to the NAF, not airliner.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 05, 2016
South-African Navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

Fong-kong typhoon
i wish kenya air force can buy several of them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

I suspect the NAF would rig pods on them. I also suspect it would be the AW-139 helicopters that would be transferred to the NAF, not airliner.
one of those choppers was sited in the north eastern part of the country.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:01am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

Fong-kong typhoon
grin grin grin Somebody please lock this guy up grin grin

My chest!!!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

The last time Aradu actively sailed was in 2011. There are photos of the Aradu sailing in 2011 right here in this very thread. Look at the first 2 pages of this very thread. It has since then been docked. That's 5years ago, is that a decade to you?

Your ignorance, would have been so hilarious, if it wasn't this plain pitiable.

A significant invest in the Aradu would put her in a condition which is as good as new. For a battleship as good as the Aradu, a vessel that still has 30 years of life in her, i see no reason why an investment in the Aradu won't be a perfect idea.

Dude stop displaying gross ignorance. The comments we have made on the Aradu have been purely speculative. Nigerian defence procurements have always been on a need basis. Over the past 3years, the Nigerian navy has procured 5 Offshore Patrol Vessels, 13 Midshore Patrol Vessels, hundreds of Inshore Patrol Crafts and 4 Bell helicopters. This is a procurement that is based on a requirement.

If money is to be spent on the Aradu, it won't be based on any National pride. It is simply a required investment that would put a darn good, a brilliant battleship back to sea. What i've proposed is to put the Aradu back to sea, while 2 Corvettes are bought to compliment her.

floating around in port is not "put to sea". She hasnt been operational in decades. This is a fact, we all know it.

Reffiting a vessel like Aradu is pointless expenditure, we all know her service record, she is battered and bruised. Her weapons systems are obsolete, her missiles likely expired.

Using the 70:30 paradigm of naval aquisitions (70% of cost on weapons/systems, 30% on hull) you may as well buy a new vessel. Considering the state of her systems.

Also, I wish to hold you to your own standards:

Henry240:

Please make your comments in a civil manner. We are all adults for christ-sakes. You don't have to insult anybody.

If you went on to read my comment instead of concentrating on just one sentence, you'll see i agree with you on armour upgrade.

post comments in a civil manner, anymore insults and you'll get a ban for cyber-bullying.

It seems you are, as usual, unable to handle dissenting opinions. Perhaps you are still smarting from the beat down in the other thread.

Maybe you should take a break, calm down, compose yourself.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

It seems you are, as usual, unable to handle dissenting opinions. Perhaps you are still smarting from the beat down in the other thread.

Maybe you should take a break, calm down, compose yourself.

You must be high on your own ignorance. "What beat-down?". Dude wake-up!

A dissenting opinion is exactly what it is, an opinion. I laid my opinion, and so did you. I wonder how my opinion is now threatening to you.

post on topic.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2016
Mali

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 05, 2016
Tanzanian military Amphibious exercise

- Type 69A Tanks

- 2 new Landing crafts

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
Henry240:

You must be high on your own ignorance. "What beat-down?". Dude wake-up!

A dissenting opinion is exactly what it is, an opinion. I laid my opinion, and so did you. I wonder how my opinion is now threatening to you.

post on topic.

Read what you posted. Its not your opinion, its your language.

To quote you "Please make your comments in a civil manner. We are all adults for christ-sakes. You don't have to insult anybody"

You, who just two days ago chastised another forum member for their use of language, now go and do the same thing. Hypocrite.

I am posting on topic. Its you who needs to obey your own rules. You are clearly emotional, why not take a break?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 05, 2016
Algerian gendarmery DSI public show in a stadium 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEaLZOGoNic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nigerian Navy Ship NNS Unity

Drone capture from Nigerian Air Force CH-3A UCAV.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 05, 2016
@Henry240's pic of SAS Spioenkop just got me thinking again!!

Pic 1: Spioenkop clearly carrying the Davit system

Pic 2: Spioenkop carrying unidentified tubes.....@Patches689 as you can see this is not the Davit system!!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2016
botswana defence forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
Patchesagain:

Fong-kong typhoon
one was designed using a mainframe operating with DOS and the other was designed using a super computer operating with linux
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 05, 2016
Nigerian Navy Ship receives a very warm welcome as she arrives Sri-Lanka

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAYqViqlCts

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2016
Imad al-Din Mustafa Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman of the SAF and his delegation visit Sudanese soldiers in yemen

(1) (2) (3) ... (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.