Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,862 members, 7,841,241 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (682) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6002791 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (2848) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:16am On Oct 04, 2016
Building the Nigerian navy's NNS Centenary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m925v_V6DQ

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:17am On Oct 04, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:17am On Oct 04, 2016
Odunayaw:
from the underbelly.. it could pass for cute
but other poses ..ugh!!disgusted sigh!
So true gringringrin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 04, 2016
Malian Police VIP protection training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:36am On Oct 04, 2016
Nigeria COIN

Bofors artilleries and RM-70 deployed near Sambisa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2016
Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Angolan special forces

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:00am On Oct 04, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2016
Nigerian Air Force MI-17 terminator1sh

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2016
Video showing Nigerian Air Force MI-24V destroying shed of illegal oil thieves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAIk798BYFo

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:30pm On Oct 04, 2016
On the job

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2016
According to Likoni Deputy County Commissioner Albert Kimathi, members belonging to various criminal gangs in Mombasa including Wakali Kwanza, Wakali Wao, Watalia, Nyumba ya Zamani, Gaza Boys, Kapenguria Six and Waliolia have surrendered to the police in numbers after the authorities offered amnesty offer to the criminal gangs in Mombasa.
The Deputy County Commissioner emphasized that the youth who most of them are teenagers will undergo counseling program before being absorbed back into the society.
He noted that it is good sign for the country that criminals are downing their weapons, abandoning life of crime and willing to change. Most of them will undergo the counseling and rehabilitation programs at various centres within Mombasa after which they will be released back to the society.
Mored criminal gang members and youth recruited into joining the Somali-based Al-Shabaab have also been asked to take the advantage of the amnesty offer before it’s too late

Kenya Government’s Amnesty Offer Has Attracted Criminal Gangs In Mombasa. Over 220 Members From Various Affiliated Criminal Gangs Terrorizing Mombasa Residents Have Already Surrendered To The Police
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2016
Odunayaw:
On the job

All that rust shocked shocked shocked

I know that as long as the internals are clean it's not a problem.

But as a gun enthusiast, that picture gave me cancer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 04, 2016
Guys, Tadyof & Odunayaw, please let's post new content. The photos you guys shared are repost. Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2016
Malian soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2016
Nigerian navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 04, 2016
Senegal

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 04, 2016
Onboard Aradu
Pic 2.. spot the ship

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Onboard Aradu
Pic 2.. spot the ship

That's NNS Thunder. I can't spot NNS Okpobana's white dome.

If you have any photos of NNS Karaduwa at sea, do well to post. There seems to be no photo of that boat at sea online.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:37pm On Oct 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Onboard Aradu
Pic 2.. spot the ship
I really want aradu back. Any update on her?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:56pm On Oct 04, 2016
Change of guard @ Nigeria 56 anniversary celebration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-fZtV_i6R4

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 04, 2016
tdayof:

I really want aradu back. Any update on her?

i dont think firm decisions have been made by this new CNS, big decisions like this can be very difficult to make baring in mind that it'll always end up being about funds available and how willing NN top brass are to squeeze money out of the system. we just have to seat and wait.
personally i think it'll get scrapped or postponed, they are not willing to embark on the mili-million dollar project to revive her.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fynline:

I knew the Army was going to deliver on the parade, they just always do. Spectacular!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

i dont think firm decisions have been made by this new CNS, big decisions like this can be very difficult to make baring in mind that it'll always end up being about funds available and how willing NN top brass are to squeeze money out of the system. we just have to seat and wait.
personally i think it'll get scrapped or postponed, they are not willing to embark on the mili-million dollar project to revive her.

Aradu refit is the political statement all new Ministers of Defence make as soon as the get into office. Aradu is an amazing battleship, and she still got atleast 28 more years in active Navy service.

I suspect they've been "dilly-dallying" on a refit for Aradu because it won't come cheap. An comprehensive refit for would cost the navy between $30 - 40 million. That's like the cost of NNS Centenary or Unity.

We can only hope they do fix her though, this current CNS did give a pointer towards a refit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Oct 04, 2016
Fynline:

Can someone explain to me what the hell the guy is doing from 7:55 - 8:12
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2016
Henry240:

Aradu refit is the political statement all new Ministers of Defence make as soon as the get into office. Aradu is an amazing battleship, and she still got atleast 28 more years in active Navy service.

I suspect they've been "dilly-dallying" on a refit for Aradu because it won't come cheap. An comprehensive refit for would cost the navy between $30 - 40 million. That's like the cost of NNS Centenary or Unity.

We can only hope they do fix her though, this current CNS did give a pointer towards a refit.

Paying 40mill USD to refit aradu doesn't seem too much.
She's a great warship That'll command respect.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 04, 2016
jln115:

Can someone explain to me what the hell the guy is doing from 7:55 - 8:12

You mean what the Major is doing?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
tdayof:

Paying 40mill USD to refit aradu doesn't seem too much. She's a great warship That'll command respect.
I agree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 04, 2016
Henry240:

IMO that $30-40 million should be spent on upgrading the capabilities of both NNS unity and Centenary, give them a light frigate status and any word on the helos for those ships? I mean NN specifically requested a flight deck and hanger for a reason right?.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

IMO that $30-40 million should be spent on upgrading the capabilities of both NNS unity and Centenary, give them a light frigate status and any word on the helos for those ships? I mean NN specifically requested a flight deck and hanger for a reason right?.

I differ, we should spend the money on the Aradu refit, while we buy two (2) new Corvettes to compliment her. We cannot continue to replace things when they go bad. Aradu still has at least 25years to go. When the requirement comes, NNS Unity and Centenary can be armed.

The Navy already operates 10 or 11 Helicopters.

5 units of A109e

4 units of Bell

2 units of AW139 inherited from NIMASA.

I don't think the navy is going to any helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2016
off topic:new improved variant of Chengdu J-10C multi role fighter aircraft,spotted under going flight trials

(1) (2) (3) ... (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) (685) ... (2848) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.