Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,320 members, 7,857,230 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (709) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6024549 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (2852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

Your pic 1 is Michigan National Guard, look at the shoulder patch.

Your second pic is of CIA-GRS and its now pushing 20 years since it was taken (does OPSEC last forever?)

The last pic is of a retired soldier, hence it can be posted.

As for your most recent pic, go ahead and prove your point - is it of a currently operational operator?

You can cherry pick all you want. I want you to show me a pic of a currently serving operator from a 1st teir unit.

You have yet to do that
you make them to be Gods and they are the same guys to this day haven't being able to capture kony I read an article where america special ops acknowledge uganda troops survival skills,where uganda troops would live in central africa rain forest for months with minimal water supplies except from small water ponds ,while american's special ops would never weekly water supply
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

Old photos dont need to be edited because no need for OPSEC you fvcking retard.

If you want to say "they have been around forever" then you can go ahead and prove it.

Pic 1: Who are they?
Pic 2: Secret Service Counter Assault
Pic 3: Polish Police
Pic 4: Some random guy took a picture of some operators while they werent looking. if anything, that disproves your point.

I said "No real unblurred pics of currently DEVGRU, DELTA, S.T 6, CIA"
Now you are just posting random pictures of guys who look cool?

You. Are. Wasting. My. Time.

And where are they currently deployed? Which war?

I just showed you how quick pics would be on net if the US makes any major deployment.

I don't need to waste my time trying to prove anything to a shameless Prevaricator.

Oh look... Less than 3 days of US spec ops(marine raiders) involvement in mosul and we already have their faces on the net. In 5 years time this fool will give me that OPSEC b.s

Think before you comment fool. . .

Now let's move on

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Flames08: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

Old photos dont need to be edited because no need for OPSEC you fvcking retard.

If you want to say "they have been around forever" then you can go ahead and prove it.

Pic 1: Who are they?
Pic 2: Secret Service Counter Assault
Pic 3: Polish Police
Pic 4: Some random guy took a picture of some operators while they werent looking. if anything, that disproves your point.

I said "No real unblurred pics of currently DEVGRU, DELTA, S.T 6, CIA"
Now you are just posting random pictures of guys who look cool?

You. Are. Wasting. My. Time.
Devgru

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
In fact let me remind you of the interests and duties of men,by which I mean,adult males not emotional male internet gangsters.
While keeping it PC these are the only things we should get PO'd off about.

Not forgetting careers and the all important paper!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
sudan air force Mi-171

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 1:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
ssaengine:

I think what's at issue here is your comment on 'professionalism'. Clearly OPSEC differs globally and we can't place Recces as the arbiter's of special forces excellence. In addition a lot of the culture is carried on from the old apartheid era. For example nobody in the public knows who the current GOC is? So while I understand that from our South African perspective, prevailing culture says operators don't publicly show their faces, this isn't the norm everywhere. For example we know with certainty who the DEVGRU operator is that killed Bin Laden. We still don't and probably will never, publicly know who the SASFB operator is that sniped rebels from 2150m. Even the interview with the individual was painfully vague. Just a matter of culture not professionalism, merely my 2 cents. I'm not a serving member nor have ever been, so I'll defer to those who are or have, but I don't think it is fair that we impose our culture on to others.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service Commando conducting Room clearing operations.

#Face cheesycheesy

Jake, could you post the last set of SBS photos i shared on your page, a lot of guys are asking questions. Maybe the photos would clear some of their questions.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 2:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
ssaengine:

People that don't give a sh1t dont even bother commenting, you commented...so you deserve a reply.

1. Do a google search of how many U.S/Russian special forces there are....they number in the thousands per country. Even if 5% of U.S SF's post pics, thats enough for an entire thread of pics. African countries do not have that luxury, hence operational security is a priority. If your men (who are already small in number) can be found on Nairaland of all places, HQ is taking their safety for granted.

2. There are many ways in which a soldier can be professional. If he shoots straight but looks untidy, is he still professional? South African SF's professional in the sense that they know the rules, and vary rarely break them, no matter how cool a pic of you in your gear holding your rifle looks. Hence there are very few SA SF's pics which float around the net.

3. If i was talking professionality in terms of skill, training. I will leave common knowledge to settle that argument. We can have this argument again in 20 years, when its Nigerian SF's being poached for their know skill & training, as opposed to South African SF & South African Police Special Task Force.

Just like you said Bro 5% of their special forces is larger than your entire army. How many SF can you get from your 40,000 troops then calculate 5% of them. You will discover that it just an insignificant figure.

In conclusion, is not that they are professional but because they are too few in numbers coupled with the fact most of them have never been to the battle ground. So tell us where the pics will come from? Will it be from training or where?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
UPDAF Mi-35

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
SAAF Gripen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
gees9:

I think what's at issue here is your comment on 'professionalism'. Clearly OPSEC differs globally and we can't place Recces as the arbiter's of special forces excellence. In addition a lot of the culture is carried on from the old apartheid era. For example nobody in the public knows who the current GOC is? So while I understand that from our South African perspective, prevailing culture says operators don't publicly show their faces, this isn't the norm everywhere. For example we know with certainty who the DEVGRU operator is that killed Bin Laden. We still don't and probably will never, publicly know who the SASFB operator is that sniped rebels from 2150m. Even the interview with the individual was painfully vague. Just a matter of culture not professionalism, merely my 2 cents. I'm not a serving member nor have ever been, so I'll defer to those who are or have, but I don't think it is fair that we impose our culture on to others.

I believe it's called mutual respect.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 3:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
iblawi:

Just like you said Bro 5% of their special forces is larger than your entire army. How many SF can you get from your 40,000 troops then calculate 5% of them. You will discover that it just an insignificant figure.

In conclusion, is not that they are professional but because they are too few in numbers coupled with the fact most of them have never been to the battle ground. So tell us where the pics will come from? Will it be from training or where?

If you want to harp on about professionality only being skill/training, then i will also harp on. Even if the policeman in the pic below is the best shot in his unit, would you still regard him as being professional in his duty? I never mentioned skill/training.....those in the know are well aware of each country's abilities.

Professional in the sense that even with Insta, Facebook etc etc they dont post s.exy pics. Operational security is still 1st & foremost, and this modern age tendency of being rambo has not filtered in yet. Your job 1st, before Instagram likes.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
joint Russian and Egyptian paratrooper exercise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJA5Xr76688
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service Commando conducting Room clearing operations.

#Face cheesycheesy

Jake, could you post the last set of SBS photos i shared on your page, a lot of guys are asking questions. Maybe the photos would clear some of their questions.
what pictures? the SBS training in the desert or the Ghanaian?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

what pictures? the SBS training in the desert or the Ghanaian?

These.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 18, 2016
wooow i think i will note your comments to a piece i am writing, SMARTS PHONES, SOCIAL MEDIA AND 21st CENTURY SECURITY OPERATIONS. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mozambique Navy Ship/Vessel/Catamaran or whatever this Star Trek looking vessel is called.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
ssaengine:

If you want to harp on about professionality only being skill/training, then i will also harp on. Even if the policeman in the pic below is the best shot in his unit, would you still regard him as being professional in his duty? I never mentioned skill/training.....those in the know are well aware of each country's abilities.

Professional in the sense that even with Insta, Facebook etc etc they dont post s.exy pics. Operational security is still 1st & foremost, and this modern age tendency of being rambo has not filtered in yet. Your job 1st, before Instagram likes.

They don't cos it's a SANDF policy. Nigerian soldiers dare not do what they're doing back when we had strict secrecy policy.

I remember when SiriusBlack first started posting pics online at the time the army had a strict secrecy policy till dhq got wind of it and warned it to stop. It stopped till it was relaxed again for reasons best known to DHQ.

The navy had never tried to conceal the sbs (one of the best units in the country) from the public. even beegs has had the privilege of visiting them took group photos for his blog. If hq didn't want it that way they wouldn't have permitted it.

In US only CIA assault groups are kept secret. The other spec ops are all over the place.

In Nigeria it's the same. You'll hardly see DSS storm troopers. These are the guys that helped the army chase out boko haram from maiduguri. They conducted countless raids on bh targets with sbs (only very few sbs operators where deployed at that time).

The NIA also has it's special units you'll rarely see online. As well as there are what we call crack units in all of these special units.

Australia has one of the best sf yet you'll get photos with the faces and profile of some of their bravest currently in service online. Something SANDF won't tolerate

https://www.pinterest.com/geoffreymansfie/australian-special-forces/

We operate in different environments and have different policies.

Respect that and stop making comments out of ignorance.

@henry, please pardon me for posting the link

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
http://punchng.com/akpobolokemi-ex-army-general-diverted-n1-8bn-nimasa-funds-witness/
Maj. Gen Atewe ( rtd) as Brigadier Atewe was at one time in charge of the JTF for the Niger delta region , initially he appeared to be doing a good job in halting bunkering, as time went by under his command kidnapping rose, oil theft was a major cause of concern , with some residents saying such illegal business, could not take place without senior military officers looking the other way..
MAJ.Gen Atewe is now undergoing a trial in which he is accused of enriching himself with kickbacks and bribery, it is no coincidence that since he left the Niger Delta, the oil bunking operations have hit a very hard time with the NAF and the NN making life utterly miserable for the illegal operations that used to go unabated, It is important for the FGN to prosecute not just the little guys but also where compelling evidence is shown to prosecute the top guys.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 5:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
LTGEN:
http://punchng.com/akpobolokemi-ex-army-general-diverted-n1-8bn-nimasa-funds-witness/
Maj. Gen Atewe ( rtd) as Brigadier Atewe was at one time in charge of the JTF for the Niger delta region , initially he appeared to be doing a good job in halting bunkering, as time went by under his command kidnapping rose, oil theft was a major cause of concern , with some residents saying such illegal business, could not take place without senior military officers looking the other way..
MAJ.Gen Atewe is now undergoing a trial in which he is accused of enriching himself with kickbacks and bribery, it is no coincidence that since he left the Niger Delta, the oil bunking operations have hit a very hard time with the NAF and the NN making life utterly miserable for the illegal operations that used to go unabated, It is important for the FGN to prosecute not just the little guys but also where compelling evidence is shown to prosecute the top guys.
Obviously, i mean obviously the man was neck deep with his naval cronies during Operation Pulo shield cutting deals and sharing bribes, who doesn't know this? From Top - Mid - Junior officers, they all collected bribes and turned the other eyes in some cases helped carry out illegal bunkery.

Go to Creek road and ask any human being there even animals know this, even as a buyer they ask you to settle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by chinese8107: 6:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Henry240:
Mozambique Navy Ship/Vessel/Catamaran or whatever this Star Trek looking vessel is called.

I wonder how fast is it 50knots?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 18, 2016
Cameroon air force mi-17s

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
TrueHeart365:

They don't cos it's a SANDF policy. Nigerian soldiers dare not do what they're doing back when we had strict secrecy policy.

I remember when SiriusBlack first started posting pics online at the time the army had a strict secrecy policy till dhq got wind of it and warned it to stop. It stopped till it was relaxed again for reasons best known to DHQ.

The navy had never tried to conceal the sbs (one of the best units in the country) from the public. even beegs has had the privilege of visiting them took group photos for his blog. If hq didn't want it that way they wouldn't have permitted it.

In US only CIA assault groups are kept secret. The other spec ops are all over the place.

In Nigeria it's the same. You'll hardly see DSS storm troopers. These are the guys that helped the army chase out boko haram from maiduguri. They conducted countless raids on bh targets with sbs (only very few sbs operators where deployed at that time).

The NIA also has it's special units you'll rarely see online. As well as there are what we call crack units in all of these special units.

Australia has one of the best sf yet you'll get photos with the faces and profile of some of their bravest currently in service online. Something SANDF won't tolerate

https://www.pinterest.com/geoffreymansfie/australian-special-forces/

We operate in different environments and have different policies.

Respect that and stop making comments out of ignorance.

@henry, please pardon me for posting the link

My last comment on this topic. If it is still not sinking in, i wipe my hands clean. Nigeria is not the only other SF group that posts pics here. Your friend decided to jump in because of his complex. I clearly stated that operational cultures are different if we dont do it & others do. Nowhere did i mention actual skill of operators.

If you say it's not SANDF policy & they wont tolerate it, what does the lack of pics then say regarding the following of rules & regs within SA SF? Is that not a sign of a largely profession unit? You repeated my very 1st comment, we clearly have different policies...your friend decided to cry about it. I'm done. Back to posting pics

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Cameroon air force alpha jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
AFZ helo's in Kinshasa....late 90's

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Algerian Navy Meko200AN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 18, 2016
Bridge of Algerian navy LHD.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2016
Kenyan navy

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigeria's COAS, Lt.Gen Buratai

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
ViceAdmiral:
AFZ helo's in Kinshasa....late 90's
And of course, you guys joined in too. One good thing is it resulted in the birth and growth of your comms/radio manufacturing industry.
Sanctions never seem to work as intended in our neck of the woods grin.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:54pm On Oct 18, 2016
tdayof:

What a joker you're.
Take off your damn Gripen and tell me how your Airforce is more better than ours.
Tell me how Nigerian navy is lacking? Your excuse no frigate etc? I don't blame you, I blame our military chief.
Your ground troops , how better are they than ours?

You'll come here and be spilling one shiit about Angola who cares?

1. Better radars, LINK-ZA, unrivaled electronic warfare, better AAMs, better attack helicopter, airborne assault capacity, WW2, Korean War and Border War experience. What do you have? An Alpha Jet and a Jet older than my mother.

2. Yes you don't have a frigate, no submarine, no naval surface to air missile. Technically you're a brown water navy.

3. Our army - clear infantry structures, structured machinized infantry, structured motorized infantry, standard equipment accros, self sufficient, we don't train overseas.... Meanwhile your troops are not even sure which camouflage to wear, even Swaziland does that better.

Get on with your life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) ... (2852) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.