Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,529 members, 7,861,531 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (707) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6030499 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:14am On Oct 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
men and women of the SA 1 forces troll and internet warrior battalion please kindly continue to post pictures and not get into silly arguments, if you dont have anything to post then the internet is a big place, find another thread to invade and conquer. thank you for your cooperation.

We are only responding to Henry120's regression
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:23am On Oct 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:25am On Oct 18, 2016
Henry240:

No sir, I don't even consider the Recce to be a professional fighting unit, to be honest with you.

Weird that non-professionals would hold the 6th longest sniper kill in world history grin grin

[ ] Not butthurt
[ ] Butthurt
[ ] Maximum butthurt
[ ] Ass-blasted
[X] Completely anally-devastated

Will Henry120 ever recover?

Also, I see you breaking your own rules again... do you need me to quote you as a reminder?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:27am On Oct 18, 2016
upko1:

I wonder why they didn't just go to Kenya, Senegal, Botswana or even Uganda

Because Nigerians take the best pictures grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:29am On Oct 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:31am On Oct 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

P.S in the context of this exact argument, i dont really care what your guys did 20-30 years ago we are 2016, get over it, stop hanging on to the glory of the past.

What is institutional knowlegde?

Hint: Its why we dont need to get constant training from the Russians/Americans

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30am On Oct 18, 2016
KDF's field kitchen that can cook for hundreds

Mention Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) and a vivid picture of courageous Kenyan men and women ready to put their lives on the line for the republic immediately pops up. However, not many follow up on what the KDF is up to when not defending the country and that would explain why many are not aware of the marvelous innovations they have come up with. Among the plethora of innovations is one mobile field kitchen, specifically designed to aid soldiers operating in camps or those in battle.According to Kenya Air Force Senior Sergeant Josphat Muthoka, the field kitchen is built on wheels and uses diesel fuel rather than the conventional kerosene fuel, which makes it more efficient. He said the field kitchen was developed by KDF technicians in 2009 and the concept has seen tremendous improvement in how soldiers receive their meals while on duty. “You will need five things in order to light up the mobile field kitchen. Diesel, methylated spirit, a funnel, pressure pump and a lighter,” Muthoka says - getting ready to demonstrate exactly how to do the same. However, before doing anything, one needs to use the pressure pump to ensure that the in-built diesel tank has been pressurised. This ensures there is enough gas to burn the diesel as long as the cooking is taking place. The tank has two knobs and a tap. The tap is used to check whether there is enough fuel in the tank while the other two knobs are used to regulate the amount of fire being released. “Next, add diesel on top of the burner and return the mesh that covers the burner. Pour two caps of methylated spirit on the mesh and once it has settled in, light a match stick and throw it in the burner,” Muthoka says backing his words with action. A huge flame emerges and after letting it settle down, he repeats the same process on the second burner on the kitchen. According to the senior sergeant, the mobile kitchens can be used to cook any type of food from ugali to chapati and is able to cook for up to 900 people at a go depending on the size of the kitchen. There is the small kitchen that uses one litre of diesel and is able to cook for 70 people in one hour, a medium kitchen which also uses the same one litre of diesel but cooks for 300 people in an hour while the big kitchen uses three litres in one hour to cook for 900 people. Since 2009, similar units have been in mass production in some factories within the country, with several units having already been deployed at National Youth Service bases across the country. “We have also sold several units to corporates in Uganda and are working on standardising the mobile kitchen into a smaller domestic size so as to make it cheaper and affordable to the mwananchi,” Muthoka said.
Read more at: http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/lifestyle/article/2000184841/kdf-s-field-kitchen-that-can-cook-for-hundreds

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:05am On Oct 18, 2016
US special ops are taking selfies with dead ISIS,but i dont want to post those photos and get in trouble grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 6:11am On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

I noticed as well, taking pictures while slaying Boko Haram and getting the job done is all we know grin
Ghanaian grunts just couldn't keep out of the fun

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:22am On Oct 18, 2016
Tinfoil:

For some reason KDF does not give its soldiers individual radios.
easily not seen

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 18, 2016
sudan air force lost a Bo-105 Helicopter from Kenana air base, due to mechanical failure.killing the pilot Lt. Mohamed Abdel Kader Yousef and injuring several others crew member

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:37am On Oct 18, 2016
africaken254:
easily not seen

Nice
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 6:44am On Oct 18, 2016
africaken254:
easily not seen

Aren't those British Army modules for the combat simulation training at archers post? In most pictures when you see them deployed they are not issued radios. Like you had said earlier it was one of the reason that the lost so many soldiers. I think it is a serious problem.

Is it true that they will be soon replacing the F5?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:48am On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

I present to you Nairaland Netizen of the year. You're fond of criticizing without facts..

Nigerians take the best pictures and we were able to hold our grounds during the battle of mammy Yoko?
The same Nigeria military had an officer that served as the head of another country Armed forces?

What a joker you're.
Take off your damn Gripen and tell me how your Airforce is more better than ours.
Tell me how Nigerian navy is lacking? Your excuse no frigate etc? I don't blame you, I blame our military chief.
Your ground troops , how better are they than ours?

You'll come here and be spilling one shiit about Angola who cares?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:50am On Oct 18, 2016
upko1:

I noticed as well, taking pictures while slaying Boko Haram and getting the job done is all we know grin
Ghanaian grunts just couldn't keep out of the fun

You mean patches is Ghanian? It yes kindly let me know so I'll know how to direct my previous post at Ghana instead of SA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 18, 2016
Tinfoil:

Aren't those British Army modules for the combat simulation training at archers post? In most pictures when you see them deployed they are not issued radios. Like you had said earlier it was one of the reason that the lost so many soldiers. I think it is a serious problem.

Is it true that they will be soon replacing the F5?

that why training and re-equipping ,is taking place at a much high rate.observing our elite units clear shows were are learning and evolving.if we are acquiring them from the Americans,definitely the public will know.because america always publicly discloses such information. the bell 212 helicopters those are confirmed by the end of this year they will be delivered

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 18, 2016
past footage of kenyan and american a Personnel Recovery and Combat Search &Rescue training Exercise Linda Rhino in Archers Post, Samburu County

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=300J_jcN--I
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 7:36am On Oct 18, 2016
tdayof:

You mean patches is Ghanian? It yes kindly let me know so I'll know how to direct my previous post at Ghana instead of SA.

My good friend patch is a South African grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:45am On Oct 18, 2016
upko1:

My good friend patch is a South African grin
Cool. My post will remain grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 18, 2016
NIGERIAN AIR FORCE DESTROYS ANOTHER SET OF ILLEGAL BARGES IN NIGER DELTA

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has destroyed 2 additional illegal barges laden with stolen petroleum products in the Niger Delta. The barges were set ablaze by NAF helicopter around Opu-Bille, Yellow Island and Bille area of Rivers State. It would be recalled that the NAF, in the past 2 weeks, has destroyed a number of illegal refineries and oil barges in River State. The latest operations, like the previous ones, are clear pointers to the fact that it is no longer profitable to steal crude oil in Nigeria and increasingly difficult for anybody or group of persons to divert our commonwealth for selfish interest. The NAF will therefore continue its operations to rid the creeks of criminal elements to make the region safe for genuine economic activities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbPxyN4wdTA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:08am On Oct 18, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
AW101 already spotted in the north east, I guess NAF couldn't wait, the overall plan though according to the chief of air staff is to refit one helo as a troop carrier and the other as medevac
allover d world countries buying d AW101 ar VIP transport.

y do we always have misplaced priority.dis craft would b too expensive for d NAF to maintain

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:11am On Oct 18, 2016
africaken254:
US special ops are taking selfies with dead ISIS,but i dont want to post those photos and get in trouble grin grin grin

These saffers are just some ignorant children.

That SA isn't doing it doesn't concern anyone. And hiding or blurring your special forces definitely is no proof of professionalism.

I don't want to say so much.

1st pic... Russsian spec ops in syria
Pic 2... Australian special forces operator
3 devgru red squadron in Iraq
4 US navy seal in syria

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2016
Survival and Navigation Field Training for Ugandan and Kenyan troops led by U.S. Air Force Airmen. The APF is designed for U.S. and African partner nations to work together in a learning environment to help build expertise and professional knowledge and skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkWSTqKaDIk
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:22am On Oct 18, 2016
ssaengine:
What impresses me about South African special forces is that their pics/faces/weapons are not splashed around on the net. Sign of professional soldiers & of a system that understands the basic need for secrecy. This is not to take away from others who post pics....i guess the operational cultures are different.

Bro. No one gives a sh1t if SA forces even wears masquerade mask to hide their faces. It's definitely not a yardstick to measure professionalism. There are pics of devgru, navy seal, delta force etc... All over the internet.

You guys are just so ignorant.

First pic is navy seal
Second is devgru and third is navy seal being sooo "unprofessional" by south African standard. Last pic is French SAS in Mali.

Take a beer bro and chill. The world has evolved and saffers need to was well.

There are a lot more pics on instagram if you follow these guys

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 18, 2016
kenyan soldiers programming frequencies on a Manpack Transceiver

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 18, 2016
kenyan, uganda and american Personnel Recovery and Combat Search &Rescue training Exercise Linda Rhino. is designed for U.S. and African partner nations to work together in a learning environment to help build expertise and professional knowledge and skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeY-TwfsXc8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Oct 18, 2016
ActivateKruger:

IEDs? We survived anti tank land mines and learned to walk over them and wrote books about it, we survived Cubans and T62s 300km inside enemy territory with nothing but excellence. We downed Hinds, MiGs decorated a foreign landscape with their own scrap metal. Come back and let's talk military professionalism when your airforce boys encourage elite fighters trained in Russia then we will talk.I Till then go fight Koran reading people.
I find ur last statement irritating and Stupid , Muslims make a good number of our militart,
Nigeria has been active since ww2 ensuring peace around they world n in Africa thousands have paid the prize to ensure peace in Africa.u are a akoya

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2016
patches689:

I have never seen pics of Devgru, Delta or SAD

Green Berets, SEALs and MARSOC are not *that* elite by US operator standards.

This is why no one should take you seriously. You love to wallow in your ignorance and that it's so cool for you.

Pic 1 and 2 is devgru gold squadron
3&4 CIA SAD & Delta force

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:05am On Oct 18, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 18, 2016
TrueHeart365:

This is why no one should take you seriously. You love to wallow in your ignorance and that it's so cool for you.

SAs na akamu
Dan ubansu the want to claim standard

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 9:43am On Oct 18, 2016
TrueHeart365:

(He thinks OPSEC Lasts Forever)

Ps:
Your Pic 1 is Michigan National Guard, Recon Company, 425th Infantry (look at the patch on the guy with the mask)*
Your Pic 2 is Green Berets not DEVGRU (What is reverse-image search?)
Your Pic 3 is CIA-GRS not CIA-SAD (What is reverse-image search?)
Your Pic 4 is a retired operator (What is reverse-image search?)

*Not 100% on this

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 18, 2016
A Kenyan Defense Force airmen radios for help during a hands-on scenario for African Partnership Flight Kenya at Archers Post, Kenya, June 28, 2016. The APF included a Kenyan-led exercise, Linda Rhino, in which instructors observed the application of what was learned in the classroom and provided feedback. The exercise included multiple personnel recovery scenarios. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Evelyn Chavez/Released)

(1) (2) (3) ... (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) (710) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.