Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,362 members, 7,850,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (710) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6014952 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gamargu(m): 12:13am On Oct 19, 2016
ActivateKruger:

1. Better radars, LINK-ZA, unrivaled electronic warfare, better AAMs, better attack helicopter, airborne assault capacity, WW2, Korean War and Border War experience. What do you have? An Alpha Jet and a Jet older than my mother.

2. Yes you don't have a frigate, no submarine, no naval surface to air missile. Technically you're a brown water navy.

3. Our army - clear infantry structures, structured machinized infantry, structured motorized infantry, standard equipment accros, self sufficient, we don't train overseas.... Meanwhile your troops are not even sure which camouflage to wear, even Swaziland does that better.

Get on with your life.
The Nigerian Army have more combat experience than the south african vigilante group grin.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22am On Oct 19, 2016
gamargu:

The Nigerian Army have more combat experience than the south african vigilante group grin.

It is enough!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:44am On Oct 19, 2016
frumentius:

And of course, you guys joined in too. One good thing is it resulted in the birth and growth of your comms/radio manufacturing industry.
Sanctions never seem to work as intended in our neck of the woods grin.
If our economies allowed most SADC would use the same equipment.

As it is seen with SA, Namibia and I think Angola's acquisition of the Desert wolve diesel stoves.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:53am On Oct 19, 2016
A Kenyan Defense Force members receives a certification of completion during African Partnership Flight Kenya at Laikipia Air Base, Kenya, June 24, 2016. More than 50 U.S. Air Force Airmen participated in the first APF in Kenya. The APF is designed for U.S. and African partner nations to work together in a learning environment to help build expertise and professional knowledge and skills. (U.S. Air Force photo by Tech. Sgt. Evelyn Chavez/Released)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:28am On Oct 19, 2016
frumentius:

And of course, you guys joined in too. One good thing is it resulted in the birth and growth of your comms/radio manufacturing industry.
Sanctions never seem to work as intended in our neck of the woods grin.

There's something about the Task Force cammo which gives me a stiffy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:28am On Oct 19, 2016
ssaengine:

I prefer it to the SANDF cammo. My opinion though grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 19, 2016
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.

Nigeria COIN/CTCOIN

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:03am On Oct 19, 2016
ssaengine:

Ahh... The Takkies

"Only Alpha's may apply"

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Ever wonder why Eastern European tanks/AFV's come with a log one them?\\

Video related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHMsQSrxjho

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:11am On Oct 19, 2016
TrueHeart365:

I prefer it to the SANDF cammo. My opinion though grin

The SANDF cammo is a scientifically made for operating anywhere in South Africa (which is a semi-arid country) which is why it has mostly brown and pale green patterns.... I know Swaziland uses a very green pattern, I can spot their troops 5 kilometers away on arid grass and that defeats the whole purpose of camouflaging.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 19, 2016
Nigeria: 18 New Armed Groups Spring Up in Nigeria in the last 17 months,

A total of 18 new armed groups have sprung in Nigeria in the last 17 months, according to a report by a crisis-monitoring group.

The report puts Nigeria well-ahead of any other African nation, as the country with the fastest-growing number of new armed dissident groups.

In apparent reflection of a poor crisis-management mechanism, the report by the Public Security & Safety Advocacy department of Intersociety shows that in the first 15 months of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, as many as 18 disaffected groups took up arms across the country.

ainting a gloomy portrait of regional security, the report showed that as at August 2016, at least 28 African countries were embroiled in internal conflicts fuelled by a total of 220 armed opposition and insurgency groups. Of these the Democratic Republic of Cong leads the pack with 36 armed opposition groups, followed by Libya with 28. South Sudan comes next with 26 warring groups while Nigeria is fourth with 20 armed groups.

Whilst Nigeria's ranking might not at first appear alarming, crisis monitors are already hitting the panic button considering that the country has jumped from its 13th position in May 2015 to fourth position in August 2016; a record time of just 15 months. The number, therefore, of non-state armed or resistance groups that have taken up arms against the Federal Republic of Nigeria under President Muhammadu Buhari has risen from two on May 29, 2015 to 20 in August 2016.
read more [url]http://allafrica.com/stories/201610190011.html?utm_campaign=allafrica%3Aeditor&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=promote%3Aaans%3Aabkgta[/url]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
africaken254:

rl]

I find this report to be quite ridiculous. A bit more specificity with do a lot more good. How Premiumtimes came by figure, categorising petty street urchins/thugs and University cultists/gangs is all the more laughable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
Namibian navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 19, 2016
Equitorial Guinea frigate

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
ActivateKruger:

The SANDF cammo is a scientifically made for operating anywhere in South Africa (which is a semi-arid country) which is why it has mostly brown and pale green patterns.... I know Swaziland uses a very green pattern, I can spot their troops 5 kilometers away on arid grass and that defeats the whole purpose of camouflaging.

Actually military uniform patterns are also not for camouflage but to help the soldiers distinguish the friendlies from the enemies
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Tinfoil:

Actually military uniform patterns are also not for camouflage but to help the soldiers distinguish the friendlies from the enemies

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:

Where the hell did that come from?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 12:55pm On Oct 19, 2016
Tinfoil:

Word
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:57pm On Oct 19, 2016
patches689:

I think that is the one they built in Malabo with the help of the Isrealies
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:
Impressive Navy fleet for a country their size
2 frigates
And a Barosso Class Corvette(Still being built in Brazil)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2016
patches689:

That Frigate was partially built in Equitorial Guinea. They have a small, but modern navy. Since they are Spanish speakers, i think the only Spanish speaking country in Africa, news from there is hard to come by.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
Equitorial Guniea Frigate

Equatorial Guinea is currently engaged in a major, but
little-reported naval expansion. In recent years it has
acquired four Bulgarian-built ships (two PV 50 patrol
vessels, as well as Wele Nzas and Bata ),two 62 m offshore
patrol vessels, two Shaldag fast attack craft from Israel
Shipyards, and a Chinese-built 91.45m roll-on/roll-off
landing ship.

This is a 2014 report.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:10pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:

That Frigate was partially built in Equitorial Guinea. They have a small, but modern navy. Since they are Spanish speakers, i think the only Spanish speaking country in Africa, news from there is hard to come by.

I honestly always thought they speak French.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:12pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:
Equatorial Guinea is currently engaged in a major, but little-reported naval expansion. In recent years it has acquired four Bulgarian-built ships (two PV 50 patrol vessels, as well as Wele Nzas and Bata ),two 62 m offshore patrol vessels, two Shaldag fast attack craft from Israel Shipyards, and a Chinese-built 91.45m roll-on/roll-off landing ship.

This is a 2014 report.
Great news, now you don't have to worry about patrolling the Gulf of Guinea grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
Cool frigate by the way.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
gottfried21:
Impressive Navy fleet for a country their size 2 frigates And a Barosso Class Corvette(Still being built in Brazil)
I agree.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:

I find this report to be quite ridiculous. A bit more specificity with do a lot more good. How Premiumtimes came by figure, categorising petty street urchins/thugs and University cultists/gangs is all the more laughable.
i have always wanted to ask,who are this cultist and why are they called cultist groups ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Great news, now you don't have to worry about patrolling the Gulf of Guinea grin

We have the largest EEZ in the region, we also have joint agreements with Togo, Benin and Sao-tome. However 80% of the criminal activities carried out in the Gulf of guinea are perpetrated by Nigerians, Camerounians and Ghanaians.

As the Nigerian navy and Air Force continues to push them out of our EEZ, Guinea is sure more than capable of pounding them.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 19, 2016
africaken254:
i have always wanted to ask,who are this cultist and why are they called cultist groups ?

Cult groups are gang groups. A cult is a general Nigerian term for gang.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:

Cult groups are gang groups. A cult is a general Nigerian term for gang.
ok

sudanese soldier in yemen,posing next to a UAE Oshkosh M-ATV MRAP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 2:36pm On Oct 19, 2016
Henry240:

Equatorial Guinea is currently engaged in a major, but
little-reported naval expansion. In recent years it has
acquired four Bulgarian-built ships (two PV 50 patrol
vessels, as well as Wele Nzas and Bata ),two 62 m offshore
patrol vessels, two Shaldag fast attack craft from Israel
Shipyards, and a Chinese-built 91.45m roll-on/roll-off
landing ship.

This is a 2014 report.

E.G. showing us how it's done. I'm kinda jelly.

Who would have thought?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Oct 19, 2016
Sudanese soldier manning a ZPU-4 anti-aircraft gun.

(1) (2) (3) ... (707) (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.