Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,710 members, 7,837,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (731) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5996790 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Patchesagain:

Yeah, I'm sure the guys on the ground, armed with old AKs, body armour without MOLLE, limited ambulances, limited comms, soft skinned vehicles etc etc would be thrilled with the air forces new toy

Nigeria has some very well equipped units, but until the whole army is equipped to the standards of [that mobile task force with the REVA+T72+new gear] then spending on such a platform would be frivolous

well am sure you wont be thrilled if your enemy comes to bomb you with their new ground attack plane just because your country has loop holes in their radar coverage.
or if an enemy comes with a hijacked airplane to crash ontop ur commander in chief office because they sneaked in through the mountains.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 31, 2016
africaken254:
what your telling us is nigeria can't acquire this plane costing $80 million and with a operating cost of $2,000 per hour

www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/68

All questions should go there.

Cc: Patchesagain
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
africaken254:
what your telling us is nigeria can't acquire this plane costing $80 million and with a operating cost of $2,000 per hour
They can but why purchase what you don't need in the immediate future? services have short term and long term goals, the threat faced by Nigerian now is from small but dangerous armed groups all over the country, so it will make more sense to spend money on training, improving general wellbeing of troops, providing modern kit, unless Boko haram has an air arm I don't see the point of spending 80 million dollars on that plane. For now
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
pls anybody dat comes across d J20 demo video abeg share
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
NAF fighter pilots posing with and ISR king air.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
lionel4power:

well am sure you wontwith a hijacked airplane to crash ontop ur commander in chief office because they sneaked in through the mountains.

Dude, it is enough.
Henry240:

www.nairaland.com/3220297/technical-discussions-international-military-equipments/68

All questions should go there.

Cc: Patchesagain
i have a question i need to ask south africans,follow me to that thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
africaken254:
Yes Bros Nigeria can acquire more than Six if needed. It seems you don't know Nigeria enough.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2016
Nigerian navy exercises

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:13pm On Oct 31, 2016
africaken254:
i have a question i need to ask south africans,follow me to that thread

For sure we'll find you there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy exercises
Where's your new ship, it's been a week since it left the Western Cape coast.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2016
ActivateKruger:

Where's your new ship, it's been a week since it left the Western Cape coast.

Angola.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2016
Henry240:

Angola.
Oh... I guess no one is rushing home to see their girlfriends.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 7:29pm On Oct 31, 2016
lionel4power:
It baffles me how self acclaimed military tech experts undermine the value of an AEW&C

*an AEW&C CAN extend the radar range of ground based local radars.

* it can be use for secure communications

*it can be used to bounce signal from one point to another thereby extending comms range.

* it can be used to gather intel from neighboring countries

* its A CRUCIAL ASSET IN THE FIGHT AGAINST PIRATES

* IT CAN COORDINATE SEARCH AND RESCUE

* It CAN ORGANIZE (ANY) AIRBORNE OPERATIONS

*It has IFF to interrogate any rogue flight

*most comes with ELECTRONIC SUPPORT MEASURE SUITE THAT MEANS IT CAN SUPPORT JAMMING.

*it has inherent datalink

* it can extend the reach of secure comms by signal bouncing

* it has ELINT/ECM INBUILT AUTOMATICALLY

* IT HAS GROUND SURVEILLANCE MODE

* IT HAS SEA MODE FOR DETECTING SHIPS

ITS A MULTI MISSION PLATFORM IN ALL SENSE OF THE WORD.

JUST TWO WILL BOOST THE NIGERIAN MILITARY CAPABILITY 10 FOLD.

SINCR ITS MODULAR WE CAM EASILY INTEGRATE IT WITH OUR ATRs
I believe if NAF had a need for it..it would be in the works
ansa this questn in ur heart...is there a need for NAF to get an AWACS at d moment

a NAF journal from 2009 I read stated the want..but it's not a NEED

N.B the c259w can be configured if the need arises

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2016
Odunayaw:
I believe if NAF had a need for it..it would be in the works
ansa this questn in ur heart...is there a need for NAF to get an AWACS at d moment

a NAF journal from 2009 I read stated the want..but it's not a NEED

N.B the c259w can be configured if the need arises
at the risk of detailing this thread which is not my intention.

** I hope mr henry doesn't blow his gasket**

you look at this subject on a platform level instead of looking at the capability gaps it can fill.

we need to fill this capability gaps.

## We need an airborne patrol craft for total sea, ocean and creeks surveillance with accurate ship detection.

## we need something to codinate the NAFs numerous aerial ops.

## we need a ground surveillance system with ground moving indicator to tackle boko haram.

## we need an ideal search and rescue system.

## we need an advance ELINT SYSTEM

## we need an advance ECM SYSTEM

## we need enhance radar coverage for the country.

## we need secure communications between abuja and lagos or bornu and abuja.

## we need advance IFF to tackle illegal flighta into the country.

## we need a strategic datalink playing a supervising role.

## we need to assist the NN with superior naval intelligence.

ALL THIS GAPS NEEDS TO BE FILLED, WE COULD BUY MULTIPLE ASSORTED PLATFORMS TO FILL OR WE JUST BUY 2-4 UNITS OF AEW&C.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
AFSF with thermal scooped rifle

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2016
lionel4power:

at the risk of detailing this thread which is not my intention.

** I hope mr henry doesn't blow his gasket**

you look at this subject on a platform level instead of looking at the capability gaps it can fill.

we need to fill this capability gaps.

## We need an airborne patrol craft for total sea, ocean and creeks surveillance with accurate ship detection.

## we need something to codinate the NAFs numerous aerial ops.

## we need a ground surveillance system with ground moving indicator to tackle boko haram.

## we need an ideal search and rescue system.

## we need an advance ELINT SYSTEM

## we need an advance ECM SYSTEM

## we need enhance radar coverage for the country.

## we need secure communications between abuja and lagos or bornu and abuja.

## we need advance IFF to tackle illegal flighta into the country.

## we need a strategic datalink playing a supervising role.

## we need to assist the NN with superior naval intelligence.

ALL THIS GAPS NEEDS TO BE FILLED, WE COULD BUY MULTIPLE ASSORTED PLATFORMS TO FILL OR WE JUST BUY 2-4 UNITS OF AEW&C.
I understand
priorities first..JF-17!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
Cameroon ALPHA jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2016
Indian navy hydrographic survey ship on "friendly visit" to Tanzania..... grin lipsrsealed very soon turkey would arrive, they have almost completed their base in Somalia.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2016
niger

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2016
[quote author=africaken254 post=50572625][/quote]

kenyans are something else..their open and accomodating souls is very strange to nigerians...

we nigerians dont trust nobody,not even ourselves...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 10:39pm On Oct 31, 2016
africaken254:
Cameroon ALPHA jets

any west-african nation that doesnt have atleast alpha jets,doesnt understand territorial-defence..

the alpha jet is a fine piece of craft that can be upgraded anyhow very cheap..we should reverse engineer them to meet our black needs...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
we have a low rate of scientists and engineers in nigeria...

that is a problem...

we allow too much of our brains to go abroad.. undecided undecided undecided..
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2016
bantudra:

that is a problem...

well I hope you didn't allow yours to go abroad.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
overhypedsteve:
Chill

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bantudra: 11:27pm On Oct 31, 2016
overhypedsteve:

free will..you see...we have to make nigeria stable and actractive enough to sublinary convince them to stay..

thats the only way...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
bantudra:

free will..you see...we have to make nigeria stable and actractive enough to sublinary convince them to stay..

thats the only way...
help us & post pics kwanu
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:22am On Nov 01, 2016
bantudra:

that is a problem...

I beg to differ. Nigeria has alot.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:43am On Nov 01, 2016
africaken254:

$80 mill is enough to buy 80 new MRAP's. Nigeria's Army is about twice the size of South Africas, so hypothetically so by my math they need at least 1600 MRAP's. So, thats $80mil per year for 20 years (not counting existing ones) to buy enough.

Get the point?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:31am On Nov 01, 2016
patches689:

$80 mill is enough to buy 80 new MRAP's. Nigeria's Army is about twice the size of South Africas, so hypothetically so by my math they need at least 1600 MRAP's. So, thats $80mil per year for 20 years (not counting existing ones) to buy enough.

Get the point?
That is the issue. The Nigerian army should buy the MRAP and the NAF should get an AWACS. The AWACS will perform the work of ATR too so I do not see how that is a waste of money.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Iblawi1: 4:36am On Nov 01, 2016
It's November already can't wait to know how many JF17 thunder is coming and what specification.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:38am On Nov 01, 2016
Liuetenant Rosalind Wairimu - First female Kenya Navy Diver

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1obJVxW90U

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (728) (729) (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Zazu777, oloyesaso(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.