Stats: 3,163,115 members, 7,852,788 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 05:41 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6019148 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:16pm On Nov 01, 2016
chkil:
off topic .. The russian fleet led by the Admiral Kuznetsov aircraft carrier reaches the Algerian coast

I always when I read western media analysis about this fleet.

Ignoring it's anti-surface, sub-surface and anti-air capabilities.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 6:20pm On Nov 01, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Any news on the MK111 APC
In one of the recent news reports it said that Army still hasn't received the 10 units that they have ordered sad
Me thinks that the August 26 is in need of an immediate "Regime Change" angry
On a side note...I've learned that they are interested in acquiring land at the coast to build a Defence complex to house WMF,SATcom and the other subsidiaries smiley

Namibian Marine onboard a patrol vessel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:21pm On Nov 01, 2016
Henry240:

Very impressive. Nawa!!

For a tiny country, you guys are kicking.
Not really.
The population yes.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 01, 2016
gottfried21:

In one of the recent news reports it said that Army still hasn't received the 10 units that they have ordered sad
Me thinks that the August 26 is in need of an immediate "Regime Change" angry
On a side note...I've learned that they are interested in acquiring land at the coast to build a Defence complex to house WMF,SATcom and the other subsidiaries smiley

Namibian Marine onboard a patrol vessel

Cadre deployment sucks....You once mentioned some 6*6 or was it 8*8 they are assembling with the Brazilians

Namibian 21 Guard Bn

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 6:44pm On Nov 01, 2016
I love this. very nice. Keep it up Namibia.

gottfried21:
SAT-COM Namibia showcasing some of their products at AAD 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Nov 01, 2016
MikeCZA:
Not really.

The population yes.

I don't get you?

I'm sure they got their own problems like every other military in SSA, but when you compare what they've done and are doing with their peers, it's enough to give themselves a "job well done", tap on the shoulder.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:08pm On Nov 01, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

Cadre deployment sucks....You once mentioned some 6*6 or was it 8*8 they are assembling with the Brazilians

Namibian 21 Guard Bn
A 6x6,8x8 amphibious And recovery vehicle were all planned,but I guess with the current state of things their development has been put on hold sad

A U.S marine(of Nigerian Decent) along with UPDF personnel

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:33pm On Nov 01, 2016
Henry240:

I don't get you?

I'm sure they got their own problems like every other military in SSA, but when you compare what they've done and are doing with their peers, it's enough to give themselves a "job well done", tap on the shoulder.

Henry240, maybe you don't know... Namibia's military tech industry is the legacy of the SA administrated South West Africa. Kavoet's vehicles, the Wolf Turbo were produced there. It didn't come up today........ So the" tap on shoulder" is kinda undermining.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
COAS Lt Gen TY Buratai

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 01, 2016
gottfried21:
SAT-COM Namibia showcasing some of their products at AAD 2016

Well done cousins. I hear your Cheetah3 VHF radio recently went up against some serious Yank and Euro products in a field test and outperformed them. Sanctions? No kvetching, no moaning, no buying inferior products at inflated prices. Just knuckle down and build your own and then start exporting. cool

But what's going on over at Windhoeker Maschinenfabrik? I'm not hearing good things about how "deployed cadres" are conducting themselves.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 01, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
6x6 Honker for NAF

Your air force chief seems to be on a good wicket, but I can't for the life of me understand the Honker purchase.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2016
My god, but she's a beauty! grin

Pic: MARS, courtesy of www.saairforce.co.za/forum/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2016
frumentius:

Your air force chief seems to be on a good wicket, but I can't for the life of me understand the Honker purchase.

The Honker is not for the Air Force. It was purchased for cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy.

A 300 meters indoor shooting range at the Academy was also commissioned today.

“The 300 metres Indoor Gallery Range, built by the Nigerian
Defence Academy (NDA) at the academy permanent site,
Kaduna, is designed with electronic and computerized
features to train NDA cadets and other members of the
armed forces in weapon handling."

images.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nda-gets-first-indoor-shooting-range/169356.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Nov 01, 2016
TESTING AT THE COMMISSIONED INDOOR shooting RANGE BY THE COMMANDANT NDA, MAJ GEN MT IBRAHIM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2016
Cobra HMD system.
Type used by SAAF on the Gripens.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 01, 2016
Henry240:
The Honker is not for the Air Force. It was purchased for cadets of the Nigerian Defence Academy.

Whether it's this purchase for your Academy, or the earlier one for the NAF Regiment, you chaps really should not be buying this Polish discard. Not when matching local alternatives exist. Unless the price differential is really massive.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2016
frumentius:

Whether it's this purchase for your Academy, or the earlier one for the NAF Regiment, you chaps really should not be buying this Polish discard. Not when matching local alternatives exist. Unless the price differential is really massive.

No comment.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Namibian Navy
Grajua Class patrol Boat

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:12am On Nov 02, 2016
Some more

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2016
gottfried21:
Namibian Navy Grajua Class patrol Boat
Sweet, now that's some good photography

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:15am On Nov 02, 2016
gottfried21:

Hey bro, does that company deal in EW, RF,RCIED Jammer etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 4:34am On Nov 02, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59am On Nov 02, 2016
gottfried21:

A 6x6,8x8 amphibious And recovery vehicle were all planned,but I guess with the current state of things their development has been put on hold sad

A U.S marine(of Nigerian Decent) along with UPDF personnel

I think he dischargedd, he's now a comedian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 02, 2016
To the Nigerian commanders, why the fvck does the bulk of the army use Kalashnikovs or variants.

That's just shameful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:14am On Nov 02, 2016
COMMISSIONING OF HQ NAF COMPLEX EXTENSION
The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen AG Olonishakin yesterday commissioned the newly constructed wing of the HQ NAF complex. The wing provided for new operations room, expanded conference room, additional offices and new floor accommodating the office of the Chief of the Air Staff. Work on the extension started on 6 Oct 15 and took about 10 months to complete.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by upko1: 6:50am On Nov 02, 2016
A certified troll just entered this thread......IGNORE

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 02, 2016
jteku:
COMMISSIONING OF HQ NAF COMPLEX EXTENSION
The Chief of Defence Staff, Gen AG Olonishakin yesterday commissioned the newly constructed wing of the HQ NAF complex. The wing provided for new operations room, expanded conference room, additional offices and new floor accommodating the office of the Chief of the Air Staff. Work on the extension started on 6 Oct 15 and took about 10 months to complete.

Beautiful, the last photo looks like it's an operations room.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 02, 2016
-More photos from the commissioning.

NAF PR guys, the dudes responsible for NAF photographs, Videos, Podcasts, and general information. I do have a problem with their photos though, the resolution is becoming tiny.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 02, 2016
gottfried21:
Namibian Navy
Grajua Class patrol Boat

Good to see the Navy improving its PR smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 7:20am On Nov 02, 2016
frumentius:
My god, but she's a beauty! grin

Pic: MARS, courtesy of www.saairforce.co.za/forum/

More like a beautiful beast, spectacular!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:46am On Nov 02, 2016
New Army Operation Base Established In COAS Home Town, Buratai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQOprOxbxbs

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)