Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,538 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (742) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987223 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2016
Henry240:

So I read. Lt Colonel Ali who was given an accelerated promotion for his exploits in the 6 weeks offensive. He's a T-72 tank commander. He was killed last night. The army already put up a statement.

Seriously,...... shocked shocked. These is a sad news.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2016
And they keep lying to us that boko haram has been totally defeated

Yet soldiers are dying every day.

This is an unnecessary death

RIP

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Stephandeswardt: 3:17pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:

RIP

I predicted something about when dry season sets on
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:

RIP

"Which kain careless comment be dis?". I expected better from you.

Boko-haram is totally defeated, that's a fact! Whether you accept it or not.

Based on available facts,

- What's the number of bombings in Nigeria when compared to the height of Boko-Haram insurgency?

- You have been here all through the insurgency, BHT were active in 12 Nigerian states including the capital, how's that compared to today?

- IDPs have started going back to their villages in the N.E.

- There are no soldiers dying everyday in the N.E.

- Even countries like Algeria still carry regular operations against terrorists in Algeria, even though the insurgency in Algeria has since been declared over.

Boko-Haram has been technically defeated, the facts point to this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 3:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
patches689:

Why the fvck is that tank loaded with Sabot rounds??
Wtf
They get them cheap from the Chinese, I guess
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 05, 2016
Simonstown Randoms:

Image Credit: Doug Drysdale

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2016
Rooivalk:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:

RIP

NA wa for you o......

BHT is still a long fight and I must say at these junction we are doing well, let's compare ourselves with other countries fighting terrorism and let's scale ourselves. Don't let us forget we are fighting an ideology.

The present military authorities are doing a nice job by giving us front line updates, happenings and casualties..... why on earth would you make such careless statement that they are lying?

Even the modern army suffers casualties till date; http://qz.com/411623/the-names-of-the-6828-americans-who-have-died-in-afghanistan-and-iraq/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:20pm On Nov 05, 2016
jln115:
Rooivalk:

How much does an export version cost per unit?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 05, 2016
tdayof:

Its never been exported so i can't say, It cost us about $40 mil per unit, but that includes the entire 20 odd years of R& D cost!

There are apparently quite a number of countries interested in the Rooivalk according to Denel including us and you guys, but to reopen the production line a minimum of 75 units have to be ordered!

Anyway if i have to guesstimate an export price, i would say between $15mil - $30mil, depending on the number of orders ect ect!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
tdayof:

There's only one production model and the base production prototype.

Unknown. Was marketed as the cheapest heavy combat support helicopter.

Price will always depend on the deal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:48pm On Nov 05, 2016
jln115:

Its never been exported so i can't say, It cost us about $40 mil per unit, but that includes the entire 20 odd years of R& D cost!

There are apparently quite a number of countries interested in the Rooivalk according to Denel including us and you guys, but to reopen the production line a minimum of 75 units have to be ordered!

Anyway if i have to guesstimate an export price, i would say between $15mil - $30mil, depending on the number of orders ect ect!
Thanks @mike

Oh good. How many months will production take and what's the last known info from Nigeria about ghe rooivalk.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:

RIP

their is no way to defeat a group that plays hide and seek with you..

the only way to defeat them is take that advantage from them...

how??..

you make all the people in that area soooo happy that betraying boko haram would be a joy for them....

thats the only way....it will cost...but its very effective...

builed mosques and place moderate imams in them....build the roads afresh..create jobs,,,tighting the security,,,,make the place to a giant miltary baracks,,,,give the soldiers rules about islam...close all borders....and eh voila....any boko that enter and start talking rubbish will be reported to the authorities immediately....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

I predicted something about when dry season sets on

The army has also been waiting for the dry season so that clearing operations can resume.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 05, 2016
AAD 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 05, 2016
C295w variant Nigeria is looking to purchase.

Notice the ISR pod.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2016
Henry240:
AAD 2016

what does aad means,i beg to tell??...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2016
it seems,you people dont like me.... sad sad sad sad....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2016
thedarkside:

what does aad means,i beg to tell??...
Africa aerospace and defence exhibition. It's a bi-annual military exhibition held in RSA.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2016
Henry240:

Africa aerospace and defence exhibition. It's a bi-annual military exhibition held in RSA.

thanks..rsa,means republic of south-africa,right?...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2016
thedarkside:

thanks..rsa,means republic of south-africa,right?...
Yeah.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2016
SORRY FOR THE DERAILING..... BUT CHINA KEEPS BRINGING OUT QUIET SURPRISES.

China reveals world's most powerful combat spy drone that can bomb targets relentlessly for days before refuelling

The plane - codenamed CH-5 - is reportedly being dubbed the “world’s most powerful” unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV).

It was reported the aircraft can fly further and longer than other drones, including an ability to conduct bombing for up to two days with a flight range of
20,000km.

The hardware is set to be: “One of the most powerful unmanned combat aircraft in the world”, The Daily Star reports of local media coverage.

www.standardmedia.co.ke/mobile/article/2000222007/china-reveals-world-s-most-powerful-combat-spy-drone-that-can-bomb-targets-relentlessly-for-days-before-refuelling

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:10pm On Nov 05, 2016
tdayof:
Thanks @mike

Oh good. How many months will production take and what's the last known info from Nigeria about ghe rooivalk.
It is will depend on the ambition.

Nigeria has shown interest in the helicopter. Major General Irabor Operation Lafiya Dole's commander was in SA to witness the testing of the Mokopa missile on the helicopter.

Witness and enquire about the helicopter. Stuff about endurance, range when airborne etc.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
frumentius:

The Casamance rebels, only known armed threat to Senegal, do not possess any sea-going vessels which could threaten Senegal's OPVs.
so you buy a WARSHIP and expect it not to partake in,any conflict because currently you have no capable threat.
what about tomorrow??

we africans can be gravely obtuse most times...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2016
Careless comment ni

Henry240- If you know me very well then you should always expect the truth from me. I did the same on beegeagles blog. I am not about to change now.

The facts are there to be seen.

The Nigerian armed forces have done an excellent job in degrading and significantly incapacitating boko haram.
That is a fact. And we praise them for that.
But the job has not been completed. in fact we have lost significant momentum,
By not landing significant air platforms ie helicopters,jf17s & other equipment etc, in a timely manner, we have allowed boko haram recovery.
Fire bases are being attacked daily without air support

Every other day, u here of bomb blasts or ambush of Nigerian troops
To the point that the feckless U.S government which is busy licking buhari's a$$ has asked the government to intensify action against BH

Propaganda by buhari's government or media black out does not change this fact.

We have to stop lying to ourselves and bring this insurgency to a comprehensive termination so that people can return home.

Soldiers are dying on a daily basis .
83 soldiers are still missing.

I rest my case.

Henry240:

"Which kain careless comment be dis?". I expected better from you.

Boko-haram is totally defeated, that's a fact! Whether you accept it or not.

Based on available facts,

- What's the number of bombings in Nigeria when compared to the height of Boko-Haram insurgency?

- You have been here all through the insurgency, BHT were active in 12 Nigerian states including the capital, how's that compared to today?

- IDPs have started going back to their villages in the N.E.

- There are no soldiers dying everyday in the N.E.

- Even countries like Algeria still carry regular operations against terrorists in Algeria, even though the insurgency in Algeria has since been declared over.

Boko-Haram has been technically defeated, the facts point to this.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:
Careless comment ni

Henry240- If you know me very well then you should always expect the truth from me. I did the same on beegeagles blog. I am not about to change now.

The Nigerian armed forces have done an excellent job in degrading and significantly incapacitating boko haram.
By not landing significant air platforms ie helicopters,jf17s & other equipment etc, in a timely manner, we have allowed boko haram recovery.

To the point that the feckless U.S government which is busy licking buhari's a$$ has asked the government to intensify action against BH

We have to stop lying to ourselves and bring this insurgency to a comprehensive termination so that people can return home.

I rest my case.

For heaven sake ur last comment...... angry

99% of them are back, and av reported back to there base.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:
Careless comment ni

I rest my case.

The job did not continue because all our heavy equipments kept on getting stuck in mud in the rainy season. So a decision was taken to halt operations until the dry season comes in. This was released by the army. It makes no sense to keep pursuing an enemy if your equipment keeps getting stuck.

Both the Nigerian army and the insurgents have been waiting for the dry season for operations to continue. The official statement from the Air Force was for November. They said more assets would come in this November. Perhaps if Amosu and Badeh weren't sleeping on the job, these assets would have since been delivered.

Through out the raining season, we saw the Air Force continuing air strikes on BHT targets even though ground operations had halted. There were no bomblasts every other day, that's not true. Even if as you claim there is some supposed media blackout, but the thing is we primarily depend on citizen journalism, this thread runs on citizen journalism, so why have there been a lull in information from citizen journalists? Or you wanna say the Presidency also caused the black out?

There are no soldiers missing, those men whose base got attacked have since returned to their units. The Army released a statement on the attack and has since updated the populace on information as it came in.

I'm not a Buhari supporter, i have never hidden my feelings about Buhari. He is incompetent and has no business ruling Nigeria in 2016, however this does not cloud my sense of judgment of the measures he has put in place to tackle BHT.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2016
Henry240:
Light Strike Vehicle option for Nigeria. Perhaps we could produce a similar vehicle to the pictured LSV for Nigerian special forces from both Innoson and Proforce defence vehicles.
open bodied. What's the difference between this and a pick up. That's a frea#ing widow maker.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2016
MikeCZA:
It is will depend on the ambition.

Nigeria has shown interest in the helicopter. Major General Irabor Operation Lafiya Dole's commander was in SA to witness the testing of the Mokopa missile on the helicopter.

Witness and enquire about the helicopter. Stuff about endurance, range when airborne etc.
Oh cool so this means the army air wing will be the one in charge of the Rooivalk if purchased or what? Cc:henry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2016
jln115:
Rooivalk:

remember me??... smiley smiley smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarkside: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2016
rugged7:
Careless comment ni

I rest my case.

hmmm..i dont know how many time i said this already....yoouuu mussst chase them till the gates of libya...
!!!i know its sounds aggresive...

but you have no other choice......

you could clash with the interest of global-powers...but you must be ready to challenge even them to survive...

you must...or else you will end up fighting them for the next 25years...

(1) (2) (3) ... (739) (740) (741) (742) (743) (744) (745) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55