Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,519 members, 7,847,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:50 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6009656 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2849) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by snydergp1st(m): 6:55am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

Let me drop this comment and clear this up. I fully participated in the criticism of SANDF exercises and still do. Our problem was the over-emphasis of that SANDF style training, not that the training is bad.

Our argument was, when we look at the conflicts in the region, North, West, East and South (Apart from DRC and Mozambique), the fightings were mainly in built up areas, and the sort of training offered at AMANI AFRICA II should reflect this.

It is only now that the enemy(s) has been pushed out of the towns and villages can those AMANI type training be deployed. The times BHT attacked Maiduguri, you don't expect the Nigerian military to respond with Cold War type tactics, now do you?

WTF...??

Nothing new I expected this from u.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 04, 2016
frumentius:

Seeing that the answer to all these questions is no, the only explanation is your animus towards SA. Were I a shrink, I'd advise addressing the underlying feeling of inadequacy.

So, dear Henry, un-clench those butt cheeks and avail yourself to some much-needed relief.

I find it most unfortunate, and truly quite petty that you South-Africans constantly accuse me of having an animosity towards South-Africa. Sharing a contrary view has nothing to do with any animus towards RSA.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 04, 2016
pice 1, 2 : AGUSTA A109LUH algerian police
pic 3, 4 : Eurocopter AS 355N algerian police

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2016
Agusta Westland 101 Mk 641 (Merlin) Algerian Gouvernemental Fleet

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 8:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Patchesagain:

Except for the invasions of Lesotho, combat in Bangui and DRC

Training will always supercede combat otherwise the M23 would have thrashed the FIB as the M23 have been fighting since 1994

i dont think so....

the british became that strong through constant fighting and training..not only training....

did you read about the 100years war.....100years! of smaller or bigger skirmishes...

you are underestimating the pratical side....you only concentrate on theories...that is your weakness..and can be used against you successfully,anytime...

anyways...

i still think,that was a very bad idea to let the whites stay after apartheid...(i know white-people will hate me for this but its logic!)

it will backfire on you one day.....

dont underestimate the survival-instinct of white-people....

the ol north-africa was once black....... undecided
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

dont underestimate the survival-instinct of white-people....

[b]the ol north-africa was once black....... undecided[/b]

beside it's out of the thread subject , it's false their never been an black population or black old civilisation in north africa ( maghreb) , try google to see history of north africa and civilisation (prehistoric berbers, numidia ect.. ) wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 9:08am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

I find it most unfortunate, and truly quite petty that you South-Africans constantly accuse me of having an animosity towards South-Africa. Sharing a contrary view has nothing to do with any animus towards RSA.

na you dey mind dem....they dont see that we love them but we are ready to defend ourselves against anybody,if need be....

they behave like igbos....sorry,pardon me,,,ipobians......

whatever...............
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:11am On Nov 04, 2016
frumentius:

Exercise Amani was a brigade exercise to test out various concepts, from command and control across multi-national structures to company manoeuvre at all levels. No need to congratulate us: we only provided the "battlefield" and equipment. Planning was conducted at AU level - specifically the Peace and Security arm.
In the Battle of Bangui that Morphed from Semi Rural to

You might want to check out a map of Eastern Congo and the disposition of M23.
In the Battle of Bangui that transformed from an Urban firefight to Semi Rural and back to Urban.The South African system of Leadership did not work.Instead of Activate Kruger to listen and read between the lines to what Henry,240 is saying he got defensive and turned defensive.
I was being nice Amani was a defensive unrealistic expectations of exercises, it was static and in some cases laughable.
South Africa is involved in peace keeping operations and even in places as rural and **$#@## up as Somalia and Yemen most of the fighting is done either on the edges of towns or inside them.
They are not lumbering static affairs, and please stop comparing the past to the future.They are two entirely different scenarios.The Angola bush wars were not static affairs they were actually kinetic affairs that involved decentralized leadership.
It is interesting the amount of energy spent defending Amani and not looking at it's glaring defects.

Out of the 13 scenarios over a month, how many can you factually elaborate?

There's a lot wrong with the AU's conceptualisation of the ASF, none of it picked up by the internet warriors here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 04, 2016
1- Vickers Mk.3 Eagle et un Scorpion
2- OTO-Melara Palmaria SPH 155mm
3- Bozena-5 UGV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 9:15am On Nov 04, 2016
chkil:

beside it's out of the thread subject , it's false their never been an black population or black old civilisation in north africa ( maghreb) , try google to see history of north africa and civilisation (prehistoric berbers, numidia ect.. ) wink

false.....i am talking of older history....

those light-skinned arabs are the sons and daughters of alexander the greek......

i have nothing against light-skinned arabs...many of them call me brother....i always talk with i know...

we are all known as africans anyways...soooo.....whats your point??...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

na you dey mind dem....they dont see that we love them but we are ready to defend ourselves against anybody,if need be....

they behave like igbos....sorry,pardon me,,,ipobians......

whatever...............

Enough with your Tribalistic and Racist comments. If you don't have any sense in your head, learn to grow one.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

false.....i am talking of older history....

those light-skinned arabs are the sons and daughters of alexander the greek......

i have nothing against light-skinned arabs...many of them call me brother....i always talk with i know...

we are all known as africans anyways...soooo.....whats your point??...

man you are completly out ! first maghreb are not arab genetically they are berbers ( arab définition include also people who speak arab as first language not necessary have arabs génetics it's the case of north african countries ) . and the story about alexander the greek is a joke , i'm algerian i know better my history then you , it will take a lot time to speak about this subject with source so let's stop here it's not the wright thread , i just advise you to search in serious source about history to correct this false ideas tou have about north african history and population
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

Enough with your Tribalistic and Racist comments. If you don't have any sense in your head, learn to grow one.

am sorry....i would like to stay on topic,but i dont have information about the military in africa....

but its nice to know that the black-race is capable of defending herself,through your thread...thats great...!.... smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2016
Henry240:

grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 9:39am On Nov 04, 2016
tdayof:

grin grin grin

wait a minute...why am i getting bashed here??...i only wrote the historical-truth...

i love reading history...its a passion...soooooo....

whatever...

i am only here to know wheather africa is capable of defending herself,when they come back to colonize us again...

or else,tahhhh,i dont care...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Nov 04, 2016
1st Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment (The Vikings) training with nigerian army infantry

The A (Norfolk) Coy training team to the Nigerian Army School of Infantry (NASI) has just delivered a 2 week range package for the Special Warfare Wing (SWW) Counter Terrorism (CT) cse and the Trackers cse. The range package was a great success with the Nigerian Army soldiers particularly enjoying the competition of the march and shoot. The training team has worked hard to improve the soldiers weapon handling skills and accuracy with their weapons. The standard of both skill at arms and marksmanship notably improved over the package. The team ran shoots from various ranges and practised the Nigerian soldiers in long range firing, pistol shoots, firing from the standing and kneeling positions, night firing, snap shooting and close quarter marksmanship. The package culminated with a combined march and shoot competition for both courses.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:05am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

wait a minute...why am i getting bashed here??...i only wrote the historical-truth...

i love reading history...its a passion...soooooo....

whatever...

i am only here to know wheather africa is capable of defending herself,when they come back to colonize us again...

or else,tahhhh,i dont care...
lol bro, I. However don't think Africa is capable of defending herself.
I saw a topic on quora which says can all Africa countries defend against US attack?

All answers I saw were no.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

am sorry....i would like to stay on topic,but i dont have information about the military in africa....

but its nice to know that the black-race is capable of defending herself,through your thread...thats great...!.... smiley
Read the topic, what does it say? So what the fvck are you doing here??

You literally have nothing to ad to this thread!!

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 04, 2016
South-Africa

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 04, 2016
U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM) training with Mauritanian Fusiler Marins

Mauritanian Fusiler Marins rush through a doorway during a room-clearing exercise with U.S. Marines from Special Marine Air-Ground Task Force Crisis Response-Africa near Rosso, Mauritania.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:16am On Nov 04, 2016

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 10:17am On Nov 04, 2016
tdayof:
I saw a topic on quora which says can all Africa countries defend against US attack?

All answered I saw were no.

I think to some extent, Africa can effectively defend itself from the US if there's an attack.

Apart from the subs which would be approximately around 10 all together, the Airforce of countries like Egypt, Algeria, Morroco, Tunisia, Angola, Sudan, South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria, Uganda with an array of Sukhois, Rafales, F16s, Northtrop F5s, Chengdu F7 interceptors, JF-17s and so on, will give America a run for its money.

The population would also play a major role when it comes to ground ops, as well as the air defence of these countries.

It is sometimes easier to defend than attack.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:19am On Nov 04, 2016
NNS Unity in Nigeria already. We need pictures. cheesy cheesy

The Navy is taking delivery of ships and the Airforce New jets. Henry what are we expecting from the ARMY?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:22am On Nov 04, 2016
xwolverine:

I think to some extent, Africa can effectively defend itself from the US if there's an attack.

Apart from the subs which would be approximately around 10 all together, the Airforce of countries like Egypt, Algeria, Morroco, Tunisia, Angola, Sudan, South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria, Uganda with an array of Sukhois, Rafales, F16s, Northorpe Grumans, Chengdu F7 interceptors, JF-17s and so on, will give America a run for its money.

The population would also play a major role when it comes to ground ops, as well as the air defence of these countries.

Africa air defence systems are kind of not too strong except for Algeria. I don't know much about SA ADS. I'll be happy if anyone can post pictures of SA ADS and capability.

Moreover, US navy will give us a very hard time on her own.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 11:04am On Nov 04, 2016
tdayof:

Africa air defence systems are kind of not too strong except for Algeria. I don't know much about SA ADS. I'll be happy if anyone can post pictures of SA ADS and capability.

SA ADS, no matter how penetrable it might be would be considerably better than the Vietnamese setup which shot down considerable amount of B52s in the 70s. Like I said earlier, defnding is easier than attacking. Saddam Hussain with a fraction of the collective inventories of african countries kicked uncle Sam's butt when they came to his home turf.

The US navy berthed around any African coast is a sitting duck if overwhelmed by multiple attacks from surface, and sub sea adversaries.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 11:13am On Nov 04, 2016
tdayof:

All answers I saw were no.

after all what i saw from

nigeria
algeria
egypt
botswana
ghana
south-africa
cameroon

and many others...

yes...

we are capable,if we have one mind....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 11:25am On Nov 04, 2016
jln115:

Read the topic, what does it say? So what the fvck are you doing here??

You literally have nothing to ad to this thread!!

ohh my...relax.....wetin i do you....did i ever insulted you in any direct way as an human-being...??

i work with white-people 5days the week...

i always behave like this,but they still like me somehow...

but the truth will always remain the truth:
if you want to make someone to your friend,WHY BLOODY HELL DO YOU KILL AM FIRST!!!!..... angry angry angry...

does that make sense to you in your startup today in south-africa??..

loookkk.....i dont wanna insult you...

i know europeans....i had to do with them all my life,even till today!...

we africans are different than you in thinking......that will never change...that will provoke clashes....

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iamord(m): 11:33am On Nov 04, 2016
thedarksider:

after all what i saw from

nigeria
algeria
egypt
botswana
ghana
south-africa
cameroon

and many others...

yes...

we are capable,if we have one mind....
lol..you see...its good to dream... however some dreams should be left in dream land... america being superpower today was not by wishful thinking but a calculated and coordinated plan to stay in power not for decades but centuries,we are yet to have matured democracy, our culture economy and defense is so porous.. let me not talk of technology! we should concentrate on fighting our enemies within.. thinking we are capable is too far fetched, a prank a witty boy in the school of life should not play.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2016
Mil 26 T2 cockpit algerian air force

pic 4 don't feed trolls and let's stay in the thread subject , you can move here https://www.nairaland.com/1962290/african-militaries-strictly-discussions-thread to have discussion

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2016
xwolverine:

Apart from the subs which would be approximately around 10 all together, the Airforce of countries like Egypt, Algeria, Morroco, Tunisia, Angola, Sudan, South Africa, Namibia, Nigeria, Uganda with an array of Sukhois, Rafales, F16s, Northtrop F5s, Chengdu F7 interceptors, JF-17s and so on, will give America a run for its money.

gbamu..!!...and cheaper too....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by thedarksider: 11:40am On Nov 04, 2016
tdayof:

libya was their last battleground in africa..

they are not going to cross bini and reach zulu...they can forget it.....

egypt,algeria,morocco survived the temptation....sanity is back in africa...

our northern wall is back and working..and syria is not doing that bad...india is smiling,china is confident,russia is marching,south-american are not concerned,the native-americans wish them back in europe....soooo....

yea.... smiley

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by xwolverine: 11:44am On Nov 04, 2016
iamord:

lol..you see...its good to dream... however some dreams should be left in dream land... america being superpower today was not by wishful thinking but a calculated and coordinated plan to stay in power not for decades but centuries,we are yet to have matured democracy, our culture economy and defense is so porous.. let me not talk of technology! we should concentrate on fighting our enemies within.. thinking we are capable is too far fetched, a prank a witty boy in the school of life should not play.

Somtimes, war is not about economy or about democracy, it's about guts and doggedness. We cannot shy away from the problems with africa as a continent, but north Korea for example has no semblance of democracy and they also have one of the worse economic environments in the world. But any super power will think twice before invading them, and it's not about wishful thinking either.

Lets not derail this thread but move to the international thread or the strongest military thread for more discussions on this.

https://www.nairaland.com/415620/strongest-military-africa/2951#50754193

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2849) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Shaytun and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.