Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,844 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029107 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
ActivateKruger:

.... agh crafty Frenchman.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
patches689:

Isnt the oryx just a Supa-Puma engine in a smaller frame?
Something like that, longer than a Puma shorter than a superpuma.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2016
ActivateKruger:

We're resourceful people ain't we?

Denel could acquire a licence to make a modified version for our needs. We do exactly what we did to the Puma and wala an Oxry 2 is born..... We have the experience.
Denel Avaition is a Eurocopter-accredited MRO service center and AHZA supply all kinds of parts to over 60 Airbus helicopter operators.....So yeah!!! we can actually very nearly build a Super Puma like aircraft from scratch!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:
Medium lift helicopter disguised as a heavy lift helicopter.
It served SAAF well over the years, should've kept it and maybe turned it into an Oryx project like we did with the Pumas!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
jln115:

It served SAAF well over the years, should've kept it and maybe turned it into an Oryx project like we did with the Pumas!

The frame is too old, it can't be used anymore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
ActivateKruger:

The frame is too old, it can't be used anymore.
Jap i agree, but im specifically talking about the 80s
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2016
jln115:

Jap i agree, but im specifically talking about the 80s

Even in the 80s.... The Oxry was made from brand new airframes, existing Pumas (including Super Pumas) were never gonna cut it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
jln115:

Prophet ZA: In the year 2035 a South African will post on a future African military thread that the A109 served SAAF well. grin grin

1. One of the best warriors our continent has produced.

2. A white Nigerian soldier. grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:
Prophet ZA: In the year 2035 a South African will post on a future African military thread that the A109 served SAAF well. grin grin

Inferiority complex.

Even with how much you guys claimed to be developed, you still feel inferior.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:52pm On Nov 21, 2016
tdayof:

Inferiority complex.

Uncalled for.
Moving along!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 5:58pm On Nov 21, 2016
Seriously disappointed with what some people are turning this lovely thread to.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:

You better stop giving misleading statements. South Africans don't use Reva right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:

You better stop giving misleading statements. South Africans don't use Reva right?

The soldier behind him with a face cap is a South African not Nigerian.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
tdayof:

Inferiority complex.

@tdayof dont become a statistic like me and pacretus,the south africans are the one running the show and they are untouchables. thats why i have opted to remain completely dormant(after being suspended twice).this is the animal farm and we are just the commoners.they have completely taken over and most likely after this post i will be suspended again(i am dormant anyway grin grin grin)if you dont like being ridiculed and insulted then remain dormant like me.good bye
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:

I get the Frelon didn't like Hot and high conditions that much but to compare it to the A109 is a bit harsh...don't you think??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
iblawi:

We do.

White Nigerian soldiers again. grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
iblawi:

The soldier behind him with a face cap is a South African not Nigerian.
It was a joke bro!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 21, 2016
africaken254:
@tdayof dont become a statistic like me and pacretus,the south africans are the one running the show and they are untouchables. thats why i have opted to remain completely dormant(after being suspended twice).this is the animal farm and we are just the commoners.they have completely taken over and most likely after this post i will be suspended again(i am dormant anyway grin grin grin)if you dont like being ridiculed and insulted then remain dormant like me.good bye
As far as i can remember you got just as much bashing from the Nigerians than the South Africans.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Since you guys have decided to be very stupiid and wreck this thread, you can go on wrecking the sh*t outta the thread. I'm no longer going to post images in this thread, You'll are now very free to continue your stupidity.

My time here is done, you'll have a nice day
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 7:04pm On Nov 21, 2016
Henry240:
Since you guys have decided to be very stupiid and wreck this thread, you can go on wrecking the sh*t outta the thread. I'm no longer going to post images in this thread, You'll are now very free to continue your stupidity.

why you go talk like that na. so a bunch of retards can make you quit what you love doing?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
Don't let coconut heads destroy years of Hardwork & commitment Henry240

Its a Shame seun Mod couldn't control the situation in Nairalands best n longest surviving Thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by pacretus(m): 7:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
Henry240:

Mr henry,i logged out of nairaland,just to cool of,and not derail further.
Abeg just chill a little,

From me no more comment on your thread.

Africaken254,hope u'r cool,you know,we humans can smtimes lose it.grin

kenya did excellently well in somalia.

Again@ my henry,abeg reconsider.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
South African Navy:

Image Credit: Doug Drysdale

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 21, 2016
Henry240:

Situations like this have happened many times before and will happen many times in the future.....No need to all of a sudden become overly sensitive!! You sound like an angry housewife!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:
We do.

White Nigerian soldiers again. grin grin grin

Is that oom Schalk on the front row? I sure remember buying some sheep from him. grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Here's some EC725 Cougars with dakka..

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 21, 2016
pacretus:
Mr henry,i logged out of nairaland,just to cool of,and not derail further.
Abeg just chill a little,

From me no more comment on your thread.

Africaken254,hope u'r cool,you know,we humans can smtimes lose it.grin

kenya did excellently well in somalia.

Again@ my henry,abeg reconsider.
Ok ,i have pledged to be civil and not to bash anyone and to restrain my selves when confronted,henry abeg come back .here is my photos to renew my commitment.more photo post less talking from me

Recent delivered 6 Bell 212 twin Huey helicopters,after their arrival at jomo kenyatta international air port

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Five Huey II helicopters to kenya and uganda contract

Bell Helicopter, Ft. Worth, Texas, was awarded a $52,248,119 firm-fixed-price foreign military sales contract ( Kenya ) to produce and deliver five Huey II helicopters , spare parts, program management, special tools, and other program necessities. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in Ozark, Alabama, with an estimated completion date of Dec. 29, 2017. Fiscal 2016 other procurement funds in the amount of $52,248,119 were obligated at the time of the award. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity (W58RGZ-16-C-0067).

Bell Helicopter, Ft. Worth, Texas, was awarded a $34,541,911 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales contract ( Uganda ) to produce and deliver five Huey II helicopters , spare parts, program management, special tools, and other program necessities. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work will be performed in Ozark, Alabama, with an estimated completion date of Dec. 29, 2017. Fiscal 2016 other procurement funds in the amount of $34,541,911 were obligated at the time of the award. Army Contracting Command, Redstone Arsenal, Alabama, is the contracting activity (W58RGZ-16-C-0065) .

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
Angolan Su-25UBK (I-44) after overhaul

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2016
chkil:
Five Huey II helicopters to kenya and uganda contract

actual they are 6 of them,you can see the tail of one them almost hidden in the back.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
africaken254:
Angolan Su-25UBK (I-44) after overhaul

look photoshoped no ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2016
Two Men Built an Air Force From Scratch in Chad

The history of the modern Chadian air force is a fascinating one. Just two men — Pres. Idris Deby Itno and Griffin Aerospace executive Habib Boukharouba — are largely responsible for building the Central African country’s air arm.
They did it by way of petro-dollars, illegal arms deals and mercenary recruitment. And they largely succeeded, although one of the man fared better than the other in the end.

Chad is hardly renown for being a center of aviation excellence. The government stood up a small military flying branch with French assistance in the 1970s, but it was staffed almost entirely by French personnel — and was almost entirely destroyed during the Libyan invasion and capture of the capital N’Djamena in 1981.
The situation began to change in 1985, when Pres. Hissene Habré assumed power with support from Paris. Habré took care to have several dozen of his commanders undergo extensive training at French military institutions.
While most of these commanders played a crucial role in the ultimate liberation of northern Chad from Libya in 1987, their subsequent fate was rather tragic. Paranoid about his commanders planning a coup against him, Habré ordered the assassinations of some and forced others into exile.
read more https://warisboring.com/two-men-built-an-air-force-from-scratch-in-chad-afb3eac4d78#.m5ne4bwot

(1) (2) (3) ... (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.