Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,230 members, 7,860,460 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:15 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (781) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028581 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Got to love nairaland moderators.....get banned for a post i made 2 days ago!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
africaken254:
Ok ,i have pledged to be civil and not to bash anyone and to restrain my selves when confronted,henry abeg come back .here is my photos to renew my commitment.more photo post less talking from me

Recent delivered 6 Bell 212 twin Huey helicopters,after their arrival at jomo kenyatta international air port

You don't have to beg him.

IDEAS starts tomorrow in pakistan and if he hear any confirmed order of JF17 thunder am sure he will rush back here. grin grin

I just hope we get above 20.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 21, 2016
chkil:

look photoshoped no ?
actual its rumoured to be this one before overhaul

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 21, 2016
africaken254:
actual its rumoured to be this one before overhaul

yes but the su 25 on the pic is photoshoped , the original pics , its an iraqi su 25 on an old pic angola air base

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
ActivateKruger:
Here's some EC725 Cougars with dakka..

Before the Rooivalk.

SAAF used a "k-car" Oryx.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
U.S., Nigeria sign military logistics agreement - /2gcitrr

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
its rumoured kenya air force may receive Air Tractor light attack aircraft's very soon,i hope its true

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
chkil:

yes but the su 25 on the pic is photoshoped , the original pic
we were deceived,it looked authentic.thanks

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:57pm On Nov 21, 2016
One of the nine versions of the Badger IFV.

The version with the Denel 60mm long range mortar(The M6). Able to reach out to targets up to 6km.

Besides offering the normal high trajectory of mortars this mortar can be lowered down and fired like gun. Similar to the French mortar on the Eland-60.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tochex101(m): 10:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
^^^I like this model.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:33pm On Nov 21, 2016
IDEASPAKISTAN 2016

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2016
KARACHI: A defence exhibition showcasing the country’s indigenously built military hardware, including fighter aircraft, tanks, missiles, drones, APCs and firearms, is all set to kick off on Tuesday at the Karachi Expo Centre. Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is likely to inaugurate the four-day event, it was learnt.

To be held under tight security, the International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS) 2016 has drawn delegates from around the world, Commodore Tahir Javed, Director Media of the Defence Export Promotion Organisation (DEPO) said at
a media briefing on Sunday.

Police announce traffic plan for IDEAS, 2016

Some 418 firms from 34 countries would exhibit their products, of which, 261 are foreign, he added. Moreover, 90 delegations would represent 43 countries. Thirty of them would be headed by defence ministers, secretaries, chiefs of defence staff or services chiefs of respective countries.

Pakistan would showcase main battle tank Al Khalid, JF-17 Thunder, Super Mushshak, K-8 aircraft, Fast Attack Craft Missile boats, armoured personnel carriers, premium grade military hardware and related technology, Commodore Javed said.

Chinese and Turkish exhibitors have been allotted separate pavilions to showcase their defence equipment.

The number of Russian exhibitors has also increased to three this year from only one during the last exhibition. Russian state-controlled arms’ import and export firm, Russia Rosoboronexport, is among them.

Some 14 memoranda of understandings to promote defence exports and enter into joint venture with foreign delegates and exhibitors are expected to be signed.
Comdr Javed added nine countries — Luxembourg, Denmark, Belarus, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Belgium, Nigeria, and Romania — are participating in IDEAS for the first time.

http://tribune.com.pk/story/1237889/pakistans-defence-prowess-showcased-ideas-2016/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 11:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
MikeCZA:

The version with the Denel 60mm long range mortar(The M6). Able to reach out to targets up to 6km.

Besides offering the normal high trajectory of mortars this mortar can be lowered down and fired like gun. Similar to the French mortar on the Eland-60.

Mike, didn't Denel also develop and build the mortar on the Eland-60? I heard it was called the "Denel K-1". What was the range on it?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:11am On Nov 22, 2016
Hrmnn:

Mike, didn't Denel also develop and build the mortar on the Eland-60? I heard it was called the "Denel K-1". What was the range on it?
The K1 was just a French Hotckiss-Brandt gun morter built under licence.

Not sure of the range...guessing around 2km??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Tinfoil: 12:21am On Nov 22, 2016
africaken254:
Ok ,i have pledged to be civil and not to bash anyone and to restrain my selves when confronted,henry abeg come back .here is my photos to renew my commitment.more photo post less talking from me

Recent delivered 6 Bell 212 twin Huey helicopters,after their arrival at jomo kenyatta international air port

How about if you would please be kind enough to do everyone a favor and not post anymore
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:43am On Nov 22, 2016
MikeCZA:

\

... still kinda butthurt we didnt get AMOS

Just a couple for battalion level F.S
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:43am On Nov 22, 2016
Tinfoil:

How about if you would please be kind enough to do everyone a favor and not post anymore

Fvck off.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:49am On Nov 22, 2016
patches689:
\

... still kinda butthurt we didnt get AMOS

Just a couple for battalion level F.S
Logistics.

Our 120mm mortars are classified as light artillery meaning they are not an Infantry system. The Badger IFV will be replacing the Ratel offering better protection, Fire power, higher mobility, better night fighting capability, higher payload etc.

That requirement will come from the artillery chaps if they need a wheeled platform for their 120mm mortars. But as they are used to support the paratroopers as airborne light artillery I don't see that changing.

60mm and 81mm mean more space and more space means more bombs.

The only version I wish was developed would be a light self-propelled artillery one. Mounting the G7 turret on the vehicle or the Rooikat. It is unlikely the G6 will ever be deployed again.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:26am On Nov 22, 2016
Having a secondary remote machine gun on the Badger would be helpful, especially for thick forests and urban areas... I think

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 8:35am On Nov 22, 2016
ActivateKruger:
Having a secondary remote machine gun on the Badger would be helpful, especially for thick forests and urban areas... I think

$$$
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 8:52am On Nov 22, 2016
patches689:

$$$

Just make a provision on the torrent design, make the machine gun modular. You don't have to fit it in all the Badgers, just add it when it's needed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:31am On Nov 22, 2016
patches689:

Isnt the oryx just a Supa-Puma engine in a smaller frame?

Oryx is just a super-puma knockoff
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2016
jteku:

Oryx is just a super-puma knockoff

I've flown on both. I've spoken to pilots who've flown both, and proclaim the Oryx superior. Can you say the same?

PICS: The glorious "knockoff".

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:23am On Nov 22, 2016
frumentius:

I've flown on both. I've spoken to pilots who've flown both, and proclaim the Oryx superior. Can you say the same?

Lol grin If it was Chinese, you'll definitely claim the Chinese product is inferior.

Nationalism

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2016
frumentius:

You shouldn't have answered him... They're taking you down the troll hole.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 22, 2016
BAT "Brigade Anti Terrorism" Police Tunisia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2016
MikeCZA:
That requirement will come from the artillery chaps if they need a wheeled platform for their 120mm mortars. But as they are used to support the paratroopers as airborne light artillery I don't see that changing.

I think there is a need especially with the Parabats. Thales South Africa's Scorpion system that's in use with the Special Forces in 60mm and 81mm could be a candidate for 120mm. Can see it mounted on a Gecko.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 22, 2016
...And then there's this, which already uses our vehicle, our ammunition and a SA-developed weapon management system. We could just swap out the Singaporean 120mm SRAM for ours. Slightly too heavy for the Paras though.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:35am On Nov 22, 2016
frumentius:

Story Story
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 11:57am On Nov 22, 2016
A grant from google.org made it possible to create an anti-poachin system which comes with with thermal imaging cameras (FLIR) that rang 1.3 km raduis with a software algorithm that can differenciate a poachers (human) signature and movement from the heat signature of other animals, its like a poacher alarm .... The system is currently undergoing beta-testing at various parks in Kenya... On the first month of testing, they caught 28! poachers at night!

After successful launch, I wish KDF would take interest, it can be fit on any vehicle, imagin having this on your recon vehicle, you will never get ambushed by surprize, it automatically notifies you on any suspicious movement at close range

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 12:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
tdayof:

Lol grin If it was Chinese, you'll definitely claim the Chinese product is inferior.

Nationalism
Except if you compare the performance, the Oryx is faster,flies much higher, has much longer range, much better claim rate ect ect

(1) (2) (3) ... (778) (779) (780) (781) (782) (783) (784) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.