Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,258 members, 7,864,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:41 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (796) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6035666 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 3:22pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:
JF17 will be in soon.

I'll drop more information if the Airforce release an official report or if any media is allowed to get any information about the meeting.
Hmmmmm Good to know. we are patiently waiting for it.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2016
Locally built LAV from Proforce defence prior to delivery to the Nigeria Police Force, FCT Command.

Specifications for the PF LAV are bellow.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 30, 2016
PF2 APC

Specification: Pf279

Model: Pf2 4×4

Engine Capacity: 4000Cc Petrol, VVT-I

Fuel tank Capacity: 90 ltrs +90 ltrs

Gross Vehicle Weight: 5 tonnes

Transmission: 5-Speed Manual

Build-Time: 10-12 weeks

Armour Protection/Specifications:

Passenger Compartment:

The entire personnel compartment of Proforce Pf2 is imbued with ballistic protection to BRV 2009 VR7, 7.62 x 51 NATO Ball and all lesser threats, to include AK47 7.62 x 39 Soft Core to the vertical surfaces and roof at 90 deg. to the material.

Engine Compartment:

The engine compartment is armoured protected with ballistic steel to CEN Level B6+, 7.62 x 51 NATO Ball and all lesser threats to include AK47 7.62 x 39 Soft Core to the vertical surfaces and hood at 60° to the material.

Wheels:

All 5 wheels are fitted with run-flat system. Floor/Fuel Tanks: Armouring of the floor and double Fuel tanks give protection in excess of STANAG 4569 Level 1 to withstand L2A2 grenades for enhanced under-body protection.

Body Configuration:

The fully armoured body of Proforce Pf2 is fabricated and attached on up-rated body mountings:

8 -10 personnel configuration: 2 front + 6 or 8 rear Bend seating
8 crew gun-ports installed: 3 -left side/3 -right side /2 -rear cabin
A roof mounted armour protected escape hatch, provides increased awareness of security situation for the personnel on board at all times
Heavy duty air-conditioning system installation
All joints are overlapped
Fording: Shallow fording when disembarking from ships and analogous manoeuvres during operations (STANAG 2805) Operating ability in both hot and cold regions (STANAG 2895).

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:52pm On Nov 30, 2016
Henry240:

Was the meeting held in China, seeing you're in China?

Don't be stingy with information now. angry angry angry

Damn you, post the link already. angry

Haha no.. Pakistani officials are in Nigeria now.

However I have a savage picture for the navy guys.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:

Dude, Pakistani officials are in Nigeria now equals Jf-17? How?

Dude, what's the update, we want to know what you know. angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:27pm On Nov 30, 2016
Henry240:

Dude, Pakistani officials are in Nigeria now equals Jf-17? How?

Dude, what's the update, we want to know what you know. angry

Lol the guy who gave me the update just said it shouldn't be more than that except a news report comes out.

Heard they're also having a R&grin competition.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:

Lol the guy who gave me the update just said it shouldn't be more than that except a news report comes out.

What difference this your guy say in particular? Give us snippets.

R& D for what in particular?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:

Dude, before you forget, the Super Mushak deal wasn't announced by the NAF. I sourced the photo showing the signing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:

Dude! !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 30, 2016
Libya- al-Marj Airbase ground crew were able to return 3 Mi-35 helos, grounded since 1994, to operational status for use in LAF

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
tdayof:

Has your jf-17 entered voicemail?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 30, 2016
Guys, please before we go about spreading any Jf-17 rumours let us first have concrete evidence to back up these rumours.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
First primary minister of Lesotho visited the algerian facility of Fox-2 [6x6 Armoured Personnel Carrier]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqPl6ZYBdE8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 30, 2016
Algerian MEKOs to test Umkhonto air defence in 2017

Algerian Meko A-200 frigate, Erradi, on 21 April.

The Denel group said on 30 November that "extensive testing" of the Umkhonto air defence systems installed on Algeria's two new MEKO A200 frigates is scheduled to take place in 2017.

The Denel statement did not name Algeria as the operator of the frigates, but described the two vessels that Germany's ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems has built for the north African country at its shipyard in Kiel. Denel has previously stated it would supply Umkhonto systems for these frigates, the first of which was commissioned in Algeria in April.

The Denel statement said acceptance trials of the second frigate were completed in October and the manufacturing of infrared-guided Umkhonto missiles for the programme will be completed in January.

source : jane 30 nov 2016

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03am On Dec 01, 2016
An Algerian Su-30MKA

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:35am On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:
JF17 will be in soon.

I'll drop more information if the Airforce release an official report or if any media is allowed to get any information about the meeting.

Na una type nearly kill us then with tension for beegeagle blogs with false stories, I remember was it "giles" then shouting "the birds are on ground, the birds are on ground" and people started asking questions like, is it single or double engine jets, are the engineer pakistanese or Russians and he was like let me ask the informant, and so all were big lies. If no pictures or information from the real source....... Don't believe such info, till you see koro koro with ur eyes.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 01, 2016
jteku:

Na una type nearly kill us then with tension for beegeagle blogs with false stories, I remember was it "giles" then shouting "the birds are on ground, the birds are on ground" and people started asking questions like, is it single or double engine jets, are the engineer pakistanese or Russians and he was like let me ask the informant, and so all were big lies. If no pictures or information from the real source....... Don't believe such info, till you see koro koro with ur eyes.

You just reminded me of @Gbash10, that dude was always hallucinating about jets. He was always the originator of those rumours.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:10am On Dec 01, 2016
jteku:

I didn't claim the JF17 are around. My post said the JF17 will be in soon. I didn't mention a date.
I only shared it here as hope . It wasn't a first hand Information reason why I'm not going deep into details because the person who told me asked me not to and I am sharing here because he's a credible source to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:30am On Dec 01, 2016
Henry240:

You just reminded me of @Gbash10, that dude was always hallucinating about jets. He was always the originator of those rumours.

.....with ur korokoro eyes,.....naa naija make u be like these.. shocked grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40am On Dec 01, 2016
bidexiii:

.....with ur korokoro eyes,.....naa naija make u be like these.. shocked grin grin

U don see am na, dem don do us enough willie willie, omo boys don wise up.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

I didn't claim the JF17 are around. My post said the JF17 will be in soon. I didn't mention a date.
I only shared it here as hope . It wasn't a first hand Information reason why I'm not going deep into details because the person who told me asked me not to and I am sharing here because he's a credible source to me.

Your comment on this is neither new or verifiable.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Henry240:

Your comment on this is neither new or verifiable.

http://quwa.org/2016/11/30/nigerian-air-force-chief-confirms-expected-jf-17-deliveries/

I'll try and check if there's a new source with new information online.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

http://quwa.org/2016/11/30/nigerian-air-force-chief-confirms-expected-jf-17-deliveries/

I'll try and check if there's a new source with new information online.

Like you've now confirmed, your comment isn't new.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:59am On Dec 01, 2016
Henry240:

Like you've now confirmed, your comment isn't new.
So why taking it serious? You could have ignored it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2016
tdayof:

So why taking it serious? You could have ignored it.

You shared what already is common knowledge as new. Asking you to verify your comment is expected.

If you're not sure or unwilling to post the "new" information you claim to have, then don't post it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2016
Henry240:

tnx oga henry,jteku u are mistaken me for gbash
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2016
lol...
No be small thing.
Anyway, i just find it strange that Pakistan/China has not been so keen on testing the JF17 in Nigeria's battle space.
Any other country would rush down a couple of examples-sans payment- just to see how the jets handle in Nigeria's "arid" north east and "wet" Niger delta.
This would give them clear opportunities to trouble-shoot any problems.
And serve as a marketing tool for the jets.
Very strange indeed.... undecided

jteku:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:35am On Dec 01, 2016
giles14:
tnx oga henry,jteku u are mistaken me for gbash

Thanks for the correction, it was Gbash, the guy @ TAC Makurdi
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
sudan elite police unit

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nigerian navy

NNS Karaduwa construction dairy

Early stages of the build of the Navy's 40meters SDB

Construction of the base, before the ship was transferred to the dock.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
LOL, I readily recall Gbash10, - shiny new airframes over Makurdi, testing out what looks like new jets, and all other speculations.
The blog was an avenue for optimistic enthusiasts to generate a wish list. Unfortunately, the bloggers weren't actual implementers. grin
Nigerian military affairs na siddon look till you use ur eye see am korokoro. History has taught me that we don't do daring procurement - even when we had the cash.
One should never be moved by top brass going for air shows, exhibitions or visiting other countries' military industrial facilities etc, till we see the asset live.

Henry240:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
sukhoi 30 MKA algerian air force

(1) (2) (3) ... (793) (794) (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.