Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,297 members, 7,867,779 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (798) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6040813 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (2856) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
frumentius:

Hence it's called the Hornet Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicle. Also, you missed the purpose-built trailers.

I don't know about the cousins, but the Brazilian SF have protection on their Agrale Marrua, courtesy of OTT Technologies which manufactures the ballistic cabs in both SA and Brazil. (pic of LPV included; can't find one of the SFV)

Lastly, I'm pretty sure all the north African countries bar Libya, use "Special Forces Vehicles".

By definition, they are Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicles, I agree.

However how many times do things go according to plan, by your very own admission, the RDRVs were used in the CAR as a direct action tool, unlike the recon role they were originally designed for.

SEAL commandos (former) in a documentary I Saw kept on talking about how their Special Forces Vehicles had no protection when they deployed in Somalia and in missions in Iraq. Same with the Australians in Afghanistan.

My point is, although they are purpose built, they would more often than not be engaged in situations they aren't built for.

I checked for the North Africans, I couldn't find any.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 02, 2016
Royal navy frigate departing Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 02, 2016
PHOTO NEWS: CAS COMMISSIONS NEWLY REFURBISHED
HANGAR AND ADDITIONAL ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES IN
103 STRIKE GROUP, YOLA TO ENHANCE PERSONNEL
WELFARE

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2016

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:
While the South-African vehicle provides frontal protection against 7.62mm, it lacks space for a continued and sustained deployment.

The Namibian vehicle provides no protection whatsoever, but it has enough space for additional supplies.

The Proforce leopard on the other hand, accommodates all the features of both vehicles, with added advantage of all round light weight protection.

Jesus Christ angry

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

By definition, they are Rapid Deployment Reconnaissance Vehicles, I agree.

However how many times do things go according to plan, by your very own admission, the RDRVs were used in the CAR as a direct action tool, unlike the recon role they were originally designed for.

SEAL commandos (former) in a documentary I Saw kept on talking about how their Special Forces Vehicles had no protection when they deployed in Somalia and in missions in Iraq. Same with the Australians in Afghanistan.

My point is, although they are purpose built, they would more often than not be engaged in situations they aren't built for.

I checked for the North Africans, I couldn't find any.

If you want an MRAP use an MRAP

Hornet was born out of 25 years of bush-warfare, both conventional and COIN.

Its designed to do what we want it to do.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:
PHOTO NEWS: CAS COMMISSIONS NEWLY REFURBISHED
HANGAR AND ADDITIONAL ACCOMMODATION FACILITIES IN
103 STRIKE GROUP, YOLA TO ENHANCE PERSONNEL
WELFARE

This is one direction Nigeria is taking a lead over South Africa, you guys a throwing up new housing and other facilities on like a monthly basis.

This is very good.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2016
as is a Kenyan tradition US Ambassador, Robert F. "Bob" Godec commemorates the Huey II handover by planting a tree at @kdfinfo Laikipia Air Base

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 02, 2016
patches689:

Jesus Christ angry

Mumu.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 02, 2016
patches689:

If you want an MRAP use an MRAP

Hornet was born out of 25 years of bush-warfare, both conventional and COIN.

Its designed to do what we want it to do.

Nothing does only what they are designed to do.

This is why the M-ATV exists today.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:
While the South-African vehicle provides frontal protection against 7.62mm, it lacks space for a continued and sustained deployment.

The Namibian vehicle provides no protection whatsoever, but it has enough space for additional supplies.

The Proforce leopard on the other hand, accommodates all the features of both vehicles, with added advantage of all round light weight protection.
Trailers.

Can the Leopard be airlifted by a helicopter using a sling?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 12:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

Lab rat.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
africaken254:
Robert F. "Bob" Godec commemorates the Huey II handover
It was 5, then it was six and now from mainstream media saying they will be a total of eight by next year..

The Kenyan military has received six of eight Bell Huey helicopters ...............
The other two will be delivered to the Kenya Defence Forces in May 2017.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/12/02/kdf-receives-six-bell-huey-helicopters-for-war-on-al-shabaab_c1466687

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 1:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
Huh.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
Fidha254:
It was 5, then it was six and now from mainstream media saying they will be a total of eight by next year..

The Kenyan military has received six of eight Bell Huey helicopters ...............
The other two will be delivered to the Kenya Defence Forces in May 2017.
http://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/12/02/kdf-receives-six-bell-huey-helicopters-for-war-on-al-shabaab_c1466687
yes this is actually what the US embassy social media said of today hand out
Military cooperation is an important part of the US/Kenya Partnership. Exciting to handover 6 of 8 Huey II helicopters today
the google satellite i posted we saw several Huey ll helicopters,than the 5 or 6 we were told KAF was going to receive
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
kenya defence forces Huey ll helicopters

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
Super Lynx MK 130 on the Meko A-200AN frégate el-moudamir 911 , Algerian Navy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
ATR 72-600 [GLAM] algerian gouvernmental transport fleet

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
MikeCZA:
Lab rat.

Your 'lab rat' has sold over 10,000 units till date.

Come up with a better argument.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
MikeCZA:
Trailers.

Can the Leopard be airlifted by a helicopter using a sling?

Sure, it can.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 3:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
GH army

considering the vehicles IVM gave the army.. this is a good way to love-vendor that ride

#KickOutHilux grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Odunayaw:
GH army

considering the vehicles IVM gave the army.. this is a good way to love-vendor that ride

#KickOutHilux grin

The Hilux would remain a significant part of our military mobility, no army in the world apart from the U.S can field soley armoured mobility.

Certainly no army in Africa can field only armour, not even Egypt.

Besides, this Ghanaian army vehicle is a soft-skin like the Hilux, no difference.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

What purpose built trailer? Share photos of the vehicle.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
africaken254:
sudan

Feed this man some chicken...LMFAO is this all Sudan has to offer...Skinny looking troops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
jln115:
m

The trailer solves the problem of carriage, but it looks bulky and in my opinion, impediment to operationally efficiency.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

The Hilux would remain a significant part of our military mobility, no army in the world apart from the U.S can field soley armoured mobility.

Certainly no army in Africa can field only armour, not even Egypt.

Besides, this Ghanaian army vehicle is a soft-skin like the Hilux, no difference.
you didn't get my point bro
why should we import hilux when we have an indigenous car manufacturer that can give us something similar

my point was simply "we stop buying hilux and let the IVM vehicle be our primary utility/mobility vehicle"

the IVM vehicle looks sexy compared to the hilux (disgusted sigh)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

Mumu.
cheesy grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
Odunayaw:
you didn't get my point bro
why should we import hilux when we have an indigenous car manufacturer that can give us something similar

my point was simply "we stop buying hilux and let the IVM vehicle be our primary utility/mobility vehicle"

the IVM vehicle looks sexy compared to the hilux (disgusted sigh)

Now i get your point. I thought you were advocating for armour solely.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
tdayof:
cheesy grin grin
Lol!
Henry240:

What purpose built trailer? Share photos of the vehicle.

From the very photo you posted. And many others previously posted here.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

Now i get your point. I thought you were advocating for armour solely.
Innoson can make hilux.

Sorry innoson makes hilux grin Nigerian to the core tongue

They should just partner with proforce for armouring.

cc: Odunayaw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Henry240:

Nothing is does only what they are designed to do.

Yes, the M-ATV is an MRAP

My point exactly

(1) (2) (3) ... (795) (796) (797) (798) (799) (800) (801) ... (2856) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.