Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,081 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5998892 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (2847) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2016
cameroon alpha jets

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 03, 2016
gottfried21:

This is my first time hearing about this

Nam-Marines SOF candidates training

This batch of marines like publicity
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:38am On Dec 03, 2016
ViceAdmiral:

This batch likes publicity
Yep,it's rather sad actually angry
I thought about blurring their face's,but then I remembered that they want the whole world to know that they are operators....I think in Marines/Sailors In general are very photogenic grin

Namibian-Marine SOF
After they have completed the Amphibious Commando course

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 03, 2016
gottfried21:

Yep,it's rather sad actually angry
I thought about blurring their face's,but then I remembered that they want the whole world to know that they are operators....I think in General the Marine grin Corps/Navy are very photogenic grin

Namibian-Marine SOF
After they have completed the Amphibious Commando course
So they did complete seeing that the black caps are reserved for operators wink

It's cause the marines are still relatively new...we've all grown tired of the old army cammo and the public perception that the army is for the academically lacking
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerian navy SBS commandos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerian navy VBSS team

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerian navy SBS desert training

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerian navy SBS commandos public demonstration.

Counter-terrorism

Special warfare

Frogmen.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:16am On Dec 03, 2016
Henry240:
Nigerian navy SBS commandos public demonstration.

Counter-terrorism

Special warfare

Frogmen.

NNS Unity stylishly saying hi grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Henry240:

I can confirm to you that we are building a new ship.

I spoke with one of the engineers that built the NNS Karaduwa. In our chat, he said the navy is going to build a 50 meters ship, and the Keel of the ship has already been laid.

Apparently, the President would formally induct NNS Unity, NNS Karaduwa, Tug ugwu and between 20 - 30 units of 8.5 meters patrol boats into service in the coming days. It is during this event that the construction of the 50 meters vessel would officially begin.

Some of the 8.5 meters Patrol boats to be commissioned about to undergo sea trials.

If as i was informed, the navy goes ahead and builds the new ship, 50 meters boat. It would mean a massive leap in naval shipbuilding capability in Nigeria.

We would demonstrate that the navy has no requirement to procure from abroad ships of this class other than to see the latest advancements, and what other countries are building.

In terms of armament, BAE systems new 40 mm naval gun presents an exciting new prospect in naval gunnery. The 40mm from BAE can also be used as a CIWS. The NNS Karaduwa and Andoni both come in armed with a 30 mm as their main gun. It would be dis-service to arm the new ship with a 30mm yet again.

In terms of mission deployment and commonality across the fleet, our neigbours and the Nigerian navy could deploy a common type of patrol vessel, each easily integrated with the Regional Maritime Capability Awareness system. They could also benefit from a joint shipbuilding.

After building the new ship, we can go ahead and build proper Corvettes, 92 meters stealth ships. There's nothing difficult in building these, we have a ship design bureau, we get our machinery, hire technical assistance from the Chinese or Dutch, we get to work and build.

When Indonesia launched the domestically built Sigma light Frigate, the country leaped a at-least 20 years ahead of other naval Shipbuilders in South-East Asia. We can replicate this in Sub-Saharan Africa.

The NNS Karaduwa is my favourite patrol craft in it's class in Africa, but it seems i'm about to jump ship, literally......... and embrace a new favourite vessel.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2016
Henry240:

If as i was informed, the navy goes ahead and builds the new ship, 50 meters boat. It would mean a massive leap in naval shipbuilding capability in Nigeria.

We would demonstrate that the navy has no requirement to procure from abroad ships of this class other than to see the latest advancements in the vessels in this class.

In terms of armament, BAE systems new 40 mm naval gun presents an exciting new prospect in naval gunnery. The 40mm from BAE can also be used as a CIWS. The NNS Karaduwa and Andoni both come in armed with a 30 mm as their main gun. It would be dis-service to arm the new ship with a 30mm yet again.

In terms of mission deployment and commonality across the fleet, our neigbours and the Nigerian navy could deploy a common type of patrol vessel, each easily integrated with the Regional Maritime Capability Awareness system. They could also benefit from a joint shipbuilding.

After building the new ship, we can go ahead and build proper Corvettes, 92 meters stealth ships. There's nothing difficult in building these, we have a ship design bureau, we get our machinery, hire technical assistance from the Chinese or Dutch, we get to work and build.

When Indonesia launched the domestically built Sigma light Frigate, the counrty leaped a at-least 20 years ahead of other naval Shipbuilders in South-East Asia.

The NNS Karaduwa is my favourite patrol craft in it's class in Africa, but it seems i'm about to jump ship, literally......... and embrace a new favourite vessel.

Stealth if NESL is willing to pay.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2016
tdayof:

The Nigerian navy can pay, that's no issue.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 12:32pm On Dec 03, 2016
Henry240:

The Nigerian navy can pay, that's no issue.

For a limited technology? Nigeria will never get an effective stealth with money.

My advice remains R& D . China will only give limited stealth capability. Just like that present on NNS UNITY and Centenary at most and they're are basically on design and less effective RAM.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 12:41pm On Dec 03, 2016
Nice seeing the founder on the thread. Welcome @seun.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:26pm On Dec 03, 2016
Seened:
Nice seeing the founder on the thread. Welcome @seun.
Oga at d top came visiting .
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:29pm On Dec 03, 2016
tdayof:

stealth ?
dat will b expensive let's just get more of d 40m boats for now.
then maybe we incorporate stealth in ships of 80m above.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 1:33pm On Dec 03, 2016
@Henry pls can u help explain use of stealth(P18N)wen it carries no missiles or torpedo
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
giles14:
stealth ?

dat will b expensive let's just get more of d 40m boats for now.

then maybe we incorporate stealth in ships of 80m above.

Not as expensive as you'll think. It's a technology capability which limited people have hence releasing /selling such capability will be expensive.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:40pm On Dec 03, 2016
giles14:
@Henry pls can u help explain use of stealth(P18N)wen it carries no missiles or torpedo

Heard it can be Armed later on.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 1:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
IbnSultaan:
?
Guy, u no dey try at all.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
IbnSultaan:
?
people like to photoshop flags in to stuff nowadays

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
Kenya short-term N mid-term spending...No mention of fighter jets !!!! From a Nov,2014 article http://www.theeastafrican.co.ke/news/African-countries-stockpile-weapons-in-the-face-of-terrorism/2558-2539610-bufu1yz/index.html This year’s $1.7 billion defence budget will go to acquiring 10 new military helicopters,... and installation of closed circuit (CCTV) surveillance cameras in 10 cities to secure the country following a series of terrorist attacks by Al Shabaab. According to a recent report on Kenya’s defence industry market attractiveness, overall military spending will grow to $5.5 billion by 2018 as the country acquires helicopters, eight new warships, armoured vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and border surveillance and monitoring equipment.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Uganda's version

Uganda has actually recorded a drop in military spending from the all-time high of $1.02 billion in 2011 to $465 million this year. The cut has been attributed to the heavy military hardware Uganda purchased between 2009 and 2013. During this period, Uganda’s arms imports increased by 1,200 per cent, higher than between 2004 to 2008 due to the delivery of six Su-30 combat aircraft worth $744 million and 44 T-90S tanks from Russia and 4 S-125 SAM systems from Ukraine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:25pm On Dec 03, 2016
Tanzania

Tanzania’s military is on a fast-tracked modernisation programme. In September, President Jakaya Kikwete said his administration is “in the process of acquiring modern air force equipment, which includes attack helicopters, modern aircraft and other high-tech gear.”
Early this year, the Tanzania People’s Defence Forces received new hardware from China, including Type 63A amphibious tanks, A100 multiple rocket launchers (a range of 40 km and 120 km) and Type 07PA self-propelled mortars. According toJanes Defence Weekly,Tanzania is also seeking to strengthen its air and naval defence capabilities to defend its newly discovered offshore petroleum resources and secure its territorial waters from piracy and illegal fishing. In 2013, Tanzania threatened to go to war with Malawi over oil exploration activities in Lake Nyasa/Malawi which is disputed by the two countries. Last year, 14 new J-7Gs fighter jets ordered in 2009 were quietly delivered from China as part of the modernisation programme of the country’s air force.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
Rwanda

Rwanda has also been quietly upgrading its air force capabilities to support its 5,000 troops deployed in peacekeeping missions around the world and protect its border with the unstable DR Congo. Two new Mil Mi-17 helicopters were recently purchased for the Rwandan troops deployed to United Nations Mission in South Sudan. Rwanda has deployed the eight Mi-17 helicopters in South Sudan to help with search and rescue operations and emergency evacuation missions. Rwanda has also reportedly purchased a new medium-range surface-to-air defence missile system from China. The missile system can effectively intercept high, medium, low and ultra-low altitude aerial targets, like fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters and UAVs, as well as engage and destroy incoming cruise missiles at altitudes between 30 metres and 2,000 metres.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
Fidha254:
people like to photoshop flags in to stuff nowadays

[s]I don't think it is ps. There was one event (Farnborough airshow?)[/s] and BAe had a Hawk representing each country operating the type.

http://www.airliners.net/search?datePhotographed=1994-09&keywords=Hawk&sortBy=dateAccepted&sortOrder=desc&perPage=36&display=detail

For Farnborough 1994 BAe decorated several Hawks with special markings with the name and flag of every customer.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PROVERBZ(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
NG NG

SOLDIERS CELEBRATE WITH REAIDENTS AFTER TOWN IS LIBRATED

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by PROVERBZ(m): 2:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
NIGERIAN ARMY

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 2:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
nganduh:

I don't think it is ps. There was one event (Farnborough airshow?) and BAe had a Hawk representing each country operating the type.
But we grounded ours long time ago... Last 1 to be grounded I think 2001...even went as further as selling the spare parts to Zimbabwe due to sanction from UK prohibiting them to acquire dpares from the manufacturer..

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by nganduh: 3:01pm On Dec 03, 2016
Fidha254:
But we grounded ours long time ago... Last 1 to be grounded I think 2001...even went as further as selling the spare parts to Zimbabwe due to sanction from UK prohibiting them to acquire dpares from the manufacturer..

See here: http://www.airliners.net/search?datePhotographed=1994-09&keywords=Hawk&sortBy=dateAccepted&sortOrder=desc&perPage=36&display=detail

I have also edited my earlier post with more details.

I will always love the Kenyans for the spares, wink wink wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 03, 2016
giles14:

It's important for the navy as it allows a large ship like NNS Centenary appear as a small boat on radar.

Imagine a suspicious ship loading a million litres at sea, a large ship like the NNS Unity could easily spike the criminals, given them enough time to flee. However scenarios immediately change if a they aren't able to positively identify the incoming ship.

NNS Unity and Centenary are both much larger variants of the normal Type056. They could, if required be able to accommodate missiles.

(1) (2) (3) ... (798) (799) (800) (801) (802) (803) (804) ... (2847) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1