Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,789 members, 7,862,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6032627 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2854) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 04, 2016
tdayof:

Lol. I'll upload the rest when I get to my room. they're on my laptop.

My eyes are wide open.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:37am On Dec 04, 2016
jteku:

So why didn't you upload all @ first, or you think you are in possession of classified documents. Abeg no de always make our heart beat halfway
He sent the pictures to me this morning with some files I asked him to send to me initially.
The one I uploaded, I got it through WhatsApp. I already asked him to send me more through WhatsApp so I can share here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:41am On Dec 04, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:42am On Dec 04, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 04, 2016
GreenandGold:

Wow... If anyone believes this, his' logic is more questionable than yours. No offence, but whatever little respect I had for you is now gone.

Really....undecidedundecided? Like i'm soliciting for respect over the internet. Suit yourself.

So tell us, when South-African navy 60 meters Strike Craft vessels were stripped off their weaponry, in what role did the SA navy designate them, what duties are they now employed in?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2016
giles14:
helium ? Tanzania are big boys,the jf17 is way better than those F 7 after all both aircraft are made by same country
Tanzania is blessed... They say they have twice as much helium as US which is the largest supplier.. In future is they get it right, Tz will be sharing the throne with DRC ....overlooking the rest of us esp in the East and Central Africa region.... That 57tcf of gas os probably worth more than $100B (its valued at $160B) then they have .....
Quote.
He said that the Geological Survey of Tanzania (GST), who are a government agency, shows that the country has 103 million tonnes of iron ore, 2,222 million tonnes of gold, 13.65 million tonnes of copper, 209 million tonnes of neckel, 50.9 million carats of diamonds, tanzanite( 12.60 million carats) and 911 million tones of coal.

They also have uranium.. http://m.miningweekly.com/article/tanzania-expected-to-become-the-second-biggest-uranium-producer-2013-10-11/rep_id:3861
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:51am On Dec 04, 2016
The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) Chief of Air Staff (COAS) Air Marshal Sadique Abubakar confirmed that the NAF is expecting the delivery of three JF-17 multi-role fighters from Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) (defenceWeb). These will accompany six Mi-35N assault helicopters and three EMB-314 Super Tucano close air support (CAS) aircraft from Russia and Brazil, respectively.

Notes & Comments:

In September, during the Africa Aerospace and Defence (AAD) air show, the Government of Nigeria and PAC signed a memorandum-of-understanding (MoU) for the purchase of an undisclosed number of JF-17 lightweight multi-role fighters.

It had seemed that the MoU would be a prelude to a final contract, but during the 2016 International Defence Exhibition and Seminar (IDEAS), which took place in Karachi from 22 to 25 November, the term “MoU” was used to refer to inked contracts. With the NAF COAS essentially placing three JF-17s within the NAF’s procurement pipeline, it appears that the contract was signed at AAD.

PAC will be supplying the JF-17s along with 10 MFI-395 Super Mushshak basic trainers, which the NAF ordered in June. In August, the NAF Chief also called upon Pakistan to provide training and capacity building support in various domains, such as the NAF’s special operations forces and flight training. In fact, PAF pilots will be joining the NAF’s 310 Flying School to help train future NAF pilots.

http://quwa.org/2016/11/30/nigerian-air-force-chief-confirms-expected-jf-17-deliveries/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 10:53am On Dec 04, 2016
tdayof:
He sent the pictures to me this morning with some files I asked him to send to me initially.
The one I uploaded, I got it through WhatsApp. I already asked him to send me more through WhatsApp so I can share here.

OK sir.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 11:05am On Dec 04, 2016
I know some people (bad belle)will say its photo shopped Lolz (actually it is) grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 11:12am On Dec 04, 2016
Patchesagain:

Mirage F1AZs from Paramount would be a better deal

Pay in Rands, no political issues and you get an excellent aircraft as well as in-house training from Paramount. Not to mention the huge pool of (grey-haired) well trained technicians

The ex-SAAF Mirage F1AZs are hopelessly outdated compared to the JF-17 and MiG-29. Yes they've undergone extensive upgrades and gotten their avionics suite overhauled, but most of that, including the Aida radar is still embargo-era, '80s tech.

I'm not saying it's not a great deal for smaller countries like Gabon that still went for the F1AZ, just that if a modern air force can afford better it should buy better.

Another thing to mention is that Paramount sold its entire inventory of F1AZs and their associated parts to Aerosud, so that's the company which currently stocks them.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 11:43am On Dec 04, 2016
Back when our ships were small but carried a puch... Now they have all been stripped down

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:53am On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

That's not why i tagged you. I read some of the exchanges you had with some members over who flies the PAF fleet, I'm only pointing out to you that those members were right.

As for the AW101, it didn't crash per say, it was an accident, the aircraft had already landed and was taxing when it suddenly tipped and rolled over.
I understand
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 11:55am On Dec 04, 2016
jteku:
I know some people (bad belle)will say its photo shopped Lolz (actually it is) grin grin grin
Then, why do keep sharing it since u ar fully aware it is fake?
B4 u know it now u will see one Nigeria newspaper spreading it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hrmnn:

The ex-SAAF Mirage F1AZs are hopelessly outdated compared to the JF-17 and MiG-29. Yes they've undergone extensive upgrades and gotten their avionics suite overhauled, but most of that, including the Aida radar is still embargo-era, '80s tech.

I'm not saying it's not a great deal for smaller countries like Gabon that still went for the F1AZ, just that if a modern air force can afford better it should buy better.

Another thing to mention is that Paramount sold its entire inventory of F1AZs and their associated parts to Aerosud, so that's the company which currently stocks them.

Agree on everything but the last sentence. Paramount acquired Aerosud Aerospace back in 2014.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
Can the Nigerians here explain to me why you all are so excited about prop trainers? Or is it because the arrival of these portends imminent delivery of your JF-17?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Ghana

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 12:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Xbee007:
Then, why do keep sharing it since u ar fully aware it is fake?
B4 u know it now u will see one Nigeria newspaper spreading it.

Then that should be there problem not mine.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

Don't mind Patches, he is talking his usual dust.

What is an OPV, an OPV is a Corvette or Frigate that has been stripped of it's missiles and instead channeled to patrol duties.

NNS Centenary and Unity are both Type056 Corvettes, however they are the largest available variants of the Type056. Look at Thailand's Type056 or PLAN's 056, you'll see that our boat is larger.

Integrating missiles on the Type056 which is a corvette is not going to be a problem, it is specifically designed to be a frontline fighting ship. There is nothing on NNS Unity or Centenary that has been added, instead stuffs have been removed. Adding missiles if required to a natural corvette which the Type056 is, would not be a problem.

For example, Indian navy OPVs can be fitted with missiles if required.

The irony is that you are the one who is speculating... making enough dust for a Sahara sandstorm

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

Really....undecidedundecided? Like i'm soliciting for respect over the internet. Suit yourself.

So tell us, when South-African navy 60 meters Strike Craft vessels were stripped off their weaponry, in what role did the SA navy designate them, what duties are they now employed in?

VLS tubes henry, the Type 056 has VLS tubes.

The naval designers are not going to leave that space empty.

So, unless you have acess to the design plans for the NNS centenary, as well as the systems-architecture, saying "we can put missiles on it" is complete speculation.

If you want to speculate, go to beegeagles blog

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
patches689:
... making enough dust for a Sahara sandstorm
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:11pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

They were originally designed to carry missiles.... They now act as improvised OPVs.

When a ship is designed as an OPV from scratch, there's no hangar for missiles.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:
Operation Eagle Eye, a new exercise incorporated into the
Chief of Naval Staff Annual Sea Inspection, involved the
deployment of nine capital ships, over 80 gunboats and 11
Inshore patrol craftss and five Navy helicopters, to cover Delta,
Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom states.
The exercise would last for five days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idPOs9gz9o8

shocked 5 navy helicopters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Cameroon BIR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
patches689:

VLS tubes henry, the Type 056 has VLS tubes.

The naval designers are not going to leave that space empty.

So, unless you have acess to the design plans for the NNS centenary, as well as the systems-architecture, saying "we can put missiles on it" is complete speculation.

If you want to speculate, go to beegeagles blog

Stop willfuly displaying your ignorance. VLS tubes are 3rd party systems that can be added or removed from a ship. Those launches are placed behind the main gun, and they range from 4 to 32.

The onus is on you to prove the NNS Centenary and Unity do not have no space to mount those systems.

The architecture of the Type056 provides ample space for the launchers.

I'm not in the position to wrap my head around the absolute rubbish you're spewing.

Type056 - PLAN

Type056 - NNS Centenary

You seem to think you're having a conversation with your everyday dull South-African.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

Stop willfuly displaying your ignorance. VLS tubes are 3rd party systems that can be added or removed from a ship. Those launches are placed behind the main gun, and they range from 4 to 32.

The onus is on you to prove the NNS Centenary and Unity do not have no space to mount those systems.

The architecture of the Type056 provides ample space for the launchers.

I'm not in the position to wrap my head around the absolute rubbish you're spewing.

Type056 - PLAN

Type056 - NNS Centenary

You seem to think you're having a conversation with your everyday dull South-African.

So you think there is a black-hole of ultra-dense gravity with infinite space behind the forward gun?

Externally mounted missiles are one thing, but internally mounted are a completely different story. No way in hell a Naval Architect would waste so much space. And again, systems architecture: wiring mountings hardware et al its expensive, takes up allot of space and wont be put down for free

You are the one categorically stating it can be fitted with missiles, the burden of proof is on you.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
patches689:

So you think there is a black-hole of ultra-dense gravity with infinite space behind the forward gun?

Externally mounted missiles are one thing, but internally mounted are a completely different story. No way in hell a Naval Architect would waste so much space. And again, systems architecture: wiring mountings hardware et al its expensive, takes up allot of space and wont be put down for free

You are the one categorically stating it can be fitted with missiles, the burden of proof is on you.

Oga, you're talking rubbish. I've simply proven with photo evidence that a VLS tube can be mounted behind the main gun if required.

Whatever you want to do with the free education I've provided you is all your problem.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 04, 2016
GreenandGold:

They were originally designed to carry missiles.... They now act as improvised OPVs.

When a ship is designed as an OPV from scratch, there's no hangar for missiles.

Yet, Indian coastguard OPVs can carry missiles if required.

Anyway, you've proven my point, when the South-African navy stripped off the Strike crafts, they essentially became OPVs.

How this is different from my earlier comment on what OPVs are, you tell me?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Going by the likes alone, I'm curious what end-of-year award Henry will give to Kenya's disappearing Havocs cool!

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
frumentius:
Can the Nigerians here explain to me why you all are so excited about prop trainers? Or is it because the arrival of these portends imminent delivery of your JF-17?

You have answered your own question.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
jakeporeshenko:

shocked 5 navy helicopters

The navy has above 10 helicopters. It's going to be a mix of the A-109 and Bell helicopters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Henry240:

Yet, Indian coastguard OPVs can carry missiles if required.

Anyway, you've proven my point, when the South-African navy stripped off the Strike crafts, they essentially became OPVs.

How this is different from my earlier comment on what OPVs are, you tell me?

Which point did we prove? We didn't take a dedicated OPV and fitted it with missiles.... We striped off missiles from a MISSILE SHIP and left a bb-gun for patrolling, why can't you get basic English comprehension?

As for the Indian OPVs, it would have been an Indian navy requirement before it was even designed so there was room for the missiles to be fitted when needed.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (2854) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.