Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:23 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (819) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029954 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Deway75: 4:12pm On Dec 09, 2016
Very nice, small, compact, does the job. Hope we have enough to go around Sambisa?

Henry240:
Nigerian army Unmanned Ground Vehicle. Mine sweeper Bozena-5.

gringrin

Beauty!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
...I think sarcasm works best.

You'd first have to acquaint yourself, surely? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
61mech:
We used these at the section level. Problem is that you need a dedicated (x-tra) rifleman for it. We tried running it with a rifle and it's not pleasant.
When you run with it on your back it feels like Floyd Mayweather is punching you in the kidneys and if you have to dive for cover it comes flying off your back and into the back of your head.

You really need to attach a grenadier to your squad/section for it or have it in a weapons platoon like the USMC. Alternatively you could let the section leader or 2IB run it, but they have a lot on their plate already when you are in contact.

All true! The fluidity of hi intensity warfare,especially small unit urban combat may see the USMC making that change at the section/squad level.
A squad request to the weapons platoon for additional support via the Milkor may take too long to travel up the hierarchy to make a difference.
Imo that change is long overdue. The weapons versatility
HE
HEAT
CS gas
Buckshot
target marking
with its other tactical advantages demands squad usage.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
ssaengine:
From now on, all "Nigerian" equipment posted here must be accompanied by an invoice, proof of payment, bank slips, and DOD signature. So atleast we all know they actually belong to Nigeria, unlike those missing helis.

Kidding
You might just earn yourself removal from Henry's list of "good" Saffers!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
frumentius:

You might just earn yourself removal from Henry's list of "good" Saffers!

I've never been on that list. The Head Master has tried to reprimand me plenty times.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nigerian army motorbike battalion.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2016
Deway75:

Very nice, small, compact, does the job. Hope we have enough to go around Sambisa?

We have around 5 or 6 units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:49pm On Dec 09, 2016
Deway75:

In addition to those UGV we equally have 3 or more units of manned mine clearing vehicles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
ssaengine:
From now on, all "Nigerian" equipment posted here must be accompanied by an invoice, proof of payment, bank slips, and DOD signature. So atleast we all know they actually belong to Nigeria, unlike those missing helis.

Kidding

I don't think the gazelle was part of hardware borrowed, remember one of then was reconfigured, his it possible to alter what you borrow . In my own opinion the NA owned the gazelles.

The huey used by the 72 MSF might be borrowed but not the gazelles.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
bidexiii:

I don't think the gazelle was part of hardware borrowed, remember one of then was reconfigured, his it possible to alter what you borrow . In my own opinion the NA owned the gazelles.

Now we're talking. I recall reading somewhere that 5 Gazelles were bought from France and that the Nigerian Army wanted to weaponise them. Paramount, French and Israeli companies competed for the contract and it was rumoured Paramount's FLASH system was chosen.
As you rightly say, none of that would be possible with borrowed assets.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
bidexiii:

What ever the status of those helicopters, they were in no shape or force the sort of assets the Nigerian army need. They were just a short term solution to a short term problem.

They lacked the sort of power, efficiency and maneuverability required of helicopters operating in that theater. They were always a bad choice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Henry240:

What ever the status of those helicopters, they were in no shape or force the sort of assets the Nigerian army need. They were just a short term solution to a short term problem.

They lacked the sort of power, efficiency and maneuverability required of helicopters operating in that theater. They were always a bad choice.

I totally agree with u, they where water of resources.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
frumentius:

Now we're talking. I recall reading somewhere that 5 Gazelles were bought from France and that the Nigerian Army wanted to weaponise them. Paramount, French and Israeli companies competed for the contract and it was rumoured Paramount's FLASH system was chosen.
As you rightly say, none of that would be possible with borrowed assets.

May be they are being reconfigured and don't forgot once the army where trying to get attack helicopters, may be because of the tight budget they choose to reconfigured them somewhere and that's why we av not being seeing them, just saying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nigerian army Motorbike battalion

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
AFSF at the range

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
DictatorZAR1:

Don't even try to compare the j-17 to a F-35 and soothe up your ego. Facts are facts here and I'm basing my argument on what the pakistanis have said themselves.

A j-17 will never even see a F-35 in a fight bcus it will be long dead.
Stop being mischievous dude. I'm not comparing JF-17 with an F-35. Why are you reading the post upside down, when you aint a bat.
The article says it "probably" can dogfight MORE than an F-35 NOT that it will dogfight an F-35 or even engage an F-35.
Why is english your nemesis?

Please, i'm not someone you can 'dick compare' with and i don't reply to absolutely absurd interpretation.

I only find it compulsory to CLEAR what i pasted.

And please, the issue stops here for sanity sake dude.

https://warisboring.com/this-is-the-ultimate-mig-21-715bb9297261#.g32bmsv5a

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
bidexiii:

May be they are being reconfigured and don't forgot once the army where trying to get attack helicopters, may be because of the tight budget they choose to reconfigured them somewhere and that's why we av not being seeing them, just saying.

A bigger related question: what's the latest on the Army Aviation wing? Who trains the pilots, Army or NAF? The various Airbus Helicopters comparable to the Gazelle, like the H135, are they Air Force or Army Aviation?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
Henry240:

They lacked the sort of power, efficiency and maneuverability required of helicopters operating in that theater.

What do you propose instead?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nigeria Police

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
patches689:

What do you propose instead?

MI-35m heavy

EC-635 armed, light
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
Zambian troops in the CAR

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 6:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
New configuration for NA gun trucks ?
whoever brought up this idea did a good job. It looks better and dreadlier. I even like the camo. I think a cue was taken from the Proforce 'militarised hilux'. Nice concept though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
*Unrelated*

Prepare your anus for some serious puckering

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJIZTL2ZyEw
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 7:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Vikkie14:
Stop being mischievous dude. I'm not comparing JF-17 with an F-35. Why are you reading the post upside down, when you aint a bat.
The article says it "probably" can dogfight MORE than an F-35 NOT that it will dogfight an F-35 or even engage an F-35.
Why is english your nemesis?

Please, i'm not someone you can 'dick compare' with and i don't reply to absolutely absurd interpretation.

I only find it compulsory to CLEAR what i pasted.

And please, the issue stops here for sanity sake dude.

https://warisboring.com/this-is-the-ultimate-mig-21-715bb9297261#.g32bmsv5a

Then stop quoting bullshiiit sites here and claim shiiit. Go dick around your pakistani masters then.
Do proper research go check what the Chinese say about that shiiity jet fighter.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Henro Abeg get this son of a thousand fathers banned dictator or wateva he calls himself. Thanks m8
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nigerian Air Force infantry

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
Can anyone tell me how far the Denel Marlin Missile project is from completion

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Henro Abeg get this son of a thousand fathers banned dictator or wateva he calls himself. Thanks m8

grin grin grin grin grin son of a thousand fathers grin grin

Just ignore him.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
jakeporeshenko:
Nigerian Air Force infantry

Nice grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
DictatorZAR1:
Can anyone tell me how far the Denel Marlin Missile project is from completion

Around April next year the likes of Defenceweb should report on the latest test. But development is moving along. Very far from "completion" though.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
ssaengine:

Around April next year the likes of Defenceweb should report on the latest test. But development is moving along. Very far from "completion" though.

Come now, stop holding out on people. Your turn to get into trouble for posts here grin grin grin!

(1) (2) (3) ... (816) (817) (818) (819) (820) (821) (822) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.