Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,220 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (822) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5994336 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2016
Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Ambassador Francisco Madeira, visits troops from the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) in hospital on December 7, 2016. AMISOM Photo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 11, 2016
patches689:

You have proven nothing, you are trying to start fights for no good reason

I said: They cannot be used in
A. Anatolia (Southern)
B. against the Kurds

The deployment of Leo2's is neither in Southern Anatolia or against Kurds. So what have you proven?

All you have proven is that you don't know where Al-bab is! Further you have shown you don't know who occupies al-bab!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POmzNkVfcg4

What exactly is your problem? Why are you obsessed with me?
when i said Turkish leopard were in Syria,why did you bother to comment !?

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 11, 2016
Special Representative of the Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Ambassador Francisco Madeira, visits troops from the African Union Mission in Somalia (AMISOM) in hospital on December 7, 2016. AMISOM Photo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:45am On Dec 11, 2016
africaken254:
when i said Turkish leopard were in Syria,why did you bother to comment !?

because you:

A. mentioned my name
B. Insulted me
C. Lied about what I said

africaken254:
off topic :@henry remind me again about the bullsh#T @ patches689 said,why turkey wasn't allowed by the Germans to deploy its Leopard 2A4 tanks into syria

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 11, 2016
patches689:

because you:

A. mentioned my name
B. Insulted me
C. Lied about what I said

oh ,because of your racial superiority ,you have the right to call others idiots as you like !

sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 11, 2016
Sudan

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:42am On Dec 11, 2016
africaken254:
oh ,because of your racial superiority ,you have the right to call others idiots as you like !

sudan

An idiot is an idiot regardless of the amount of melanin in his skin.

I find it strange that you choose to argue over what I said. Why?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2016
patches689:

An idiot is an idiot regardless of the amount of melanin in his skin.

I find it strange that you choose to argue over what I said. Why?

most of northern syria is inhabited by pkk and ypg. and that's where the leopards are currently deployed.

the problem is how you continue to defend false information despite evidence that proves you wrong

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 11, 2016
TrueHeart365:

most of northern syria is inhabited by pkk and ypg. and that's where the leopards are currently deployed.

the problem is how you continue to defend false information despite evidence that proves you wrong
this is the kind of fellow, who will never admit to infidelity even when found on top

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 11, 2016
2016 isn't over and things have started getting chaotic
Blast inside Cairo's Coptic cathedral kills at least 20

An explosion on Sunday inside Cairo's Coptic cathedral killed at least 20 people and injured 35, according to Egyptian state television, in the second deadly attack to hit the city in two days.

Egypt's official MENA news agency said an assailant lobbed a bomb into a chapel on Sunday close to the outer wall of St Mark's Cathedral, seat of Egypt's Orthodox Christian church and home to the office of its spiritual leader, Pope Tawadros II.
read morehttp://www.smh.com.au/world/blast-near-cairos-coptic-cathedral-kills-at-least-20-20161211-gt8s37.html
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 11, 2016
Suicide bomb kills at least 29 at Somalia's main port: police

A suicide truck bomb hit the entrance of Somalia's biggest port on Sunday, killing at least 29 people, police said, an attack claimed by Islamist al Shabaab militants.

The fighters said they were trying to disrupt protracted parliamentary elections - part of efforts to rebuild the fractured nation after decades of war. The three-month vote is due to end on Dec. 29.

Gunfire rang out after the blast at Mogadishu Port, Mohamed Hussein, a worker there, told Reuters. Two others said work had been halted and staff sent home.

The bodies of victims lay strewn outside the capital's terminal in a street filled with rubble from damaged tea shops.

"At least 29 civilians died and 50 others have been injured in the blast. We believe it was a suicide truck bomb," police officer Colonel Abdikadir Farah told Reuters.

Al Shabaab's military operation spokesman, Sheikh Abdiasis Abu Musab, told Reuters the blast was aimed at police officers stationed close to the port.

"We killed 30 security forces and injured 50. We targeted them because they had been trained to provide security at so-called elections,' he said.

Al Shabaab's insurgency aims to drive out African Union peacekeepers, topple Somalia's western-backed government and impose its strict version of Islam on the Horn of Africa state.

Around 14,000 people representing Somalia's federal states have been chosen to pick the 275 lawmakers. Those members of parliament will choose a new president.
read more http://www.reuters.com/article/us-somalia-blast-idUSKBN14004Y
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
africaken254:
this is the kind of fellow, who will never admit to infidelity even when found on top

Maybe I'm doing the search thing all wrong; can someone dig up the post where Patches said Turkey's Leo2 can't be deployed in Syria?
I can only find the one where he mentions Anatolia, a region of Turkey.
Thanks muchly.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nigerian navy NNS Thunder and Okpabana at home port, Onne naval base, Central Naval Command

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
TrueHeart365:

Again, you dont seem to know the current situation.

Operation Euphrates Sheild is advancing on two axis's

1. Al-Bab (Isis territory)
2. Manbij (Kurd territory)

The leo 2's were spotted advancing on Al-bab against ISIS, not Manbij against the Kurds.

This means that the Turks have not broken their contractual agreements with the Germans.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
africaken254:

Yes, at the time I posted that the Turks were still operating from inside of Turkey and their operations were against Kurds.

Hence they used M60's and only now that they are outside of Anatolia and operating against ISIS have they deployed Leo 2's.

Again, what seems to be the problem here?

Pics: Namibia - train hard, fight easy

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2016
frumentius:

Maybe I'm doing the search thing all wrong; can someone dig up the post where Patches said Turkey's Leo2 can't be deployed in Syria?
I can only find the one where he mentions Anatolia, a region of Turkey.
Thanks muchly.

People dont seem to place much focus on the wording of phrases here.

Comprehension seems to be a neglected skill-set north of the Limpopo.

Question: What is the normal load-out for a rocketeer? And do they deploy with an "assistant"?

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
patches689:

Again, you dont seem to know the current situation.

Operation Euphrates Sheild is advancing on two axis's

1. Al-Bab (Isis territory)
2. Manbij (Kurd territory)

The leo 2's were spotted advancing on Al-bab against ISIS, not Manbij against the Kurds.

This means that the Turks have not broken their contractual agreements with the Germans.
i clearly stated we are now going to see Turk leopard performance in syria and then you gave your response,so don't try to twist the narrative. don't even try to insinuate that turk army army isn't attacking the YPG .Where is this imaginary concocted agreement ,you so claim to know about .where is the link to the agreement!?

Turkey fires on U.S.-backed Kurdish militia in Syria offensive

Turkish troops fired on U.S.-backed Kurdish militia fighters in northern Syria on Thursday, highlighting the complications of an incursion meant to secure the border region against both Islamic State and Kurdish advances.

Syrian rebels backed by Turkish special forces, tanks and warplanes entered Jarablus, one of Islamic State's last strongholds on the Turkish-Syrian border, on Wednesday.

But President Tayyip Erdogan and senior government officials have made clear the aim of "Operation Euphrates Shield" is as much about stopping the Kurdish YPG militia seizing territory and filling the void left by Islamic State as it is about eliminating the ultra-hardline Islamist group itself.

A Turkish security source said the army shelled the People's Protection Units (YPG) south of Jarablus. Turkey's state-run Anadolu agency described the action as warning shots.

Gunfire and explosions echoed around hills in the region on Thursday, a day after the incursion first began.

Some of the blasts were triggered as Turkish security forces cleared mines and booby traps left by retreating Islamic State militants, according to Nuh Kocaaslan, the mayor of Karkamis, which sits just across the border from Jarablus. He said three Turkish-backed Syrian rebels were killed but no Turkish troops.

Turkey, which has NATO's second biggest armed forces, demanded that the YPG retreat to the east side of the Euphrates river within a week. The Kurdish militia had moved west of the river earlier this month as part of a U.S.-backed operation, now completed, to capture the city of Manbij from Islamic State.
read more http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-idUSKCN10Z07J

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
some people here tend to assume that this thread is for them to give a mythical cast over their race

Kenya soldiers

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
The weekly meltdown hath commenced.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 1:26pm On Dec 11, 2016
What is going on?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 1:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
frumentius:
The weekly meltdown hath commenced.

Yes and imo theres a very simple reason. People can't comprehend or accept the fact that a difference of opinion is just that-a difference of opinion.
Instead such simple issues morph into full blown internet intifadas.....SIGHHHH! Sometimes I think the subject matter makes people more emotional than warranted.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
africaken254:
i clearly stated we are now going to see Turk leopard performance in syria and then you gave your response,so don't try to twist the narrative. don't even try to insinuate that turk army army isn't attacking the YPG .Where is this imaginary concocted agreement ,you so claim to know about .where is the link to the agreement!?

read more http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-syria-turkey-idUSKCN10Z07J

What the fvck are you talking about?

I didnt say any of that, read what I said and respond accordingly.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
kikuyu1:

Yes and imo theres a very simple reason. People can't comprehend or accept the fact that a difference of opinion is just that-a difference of opinion.
Instead such simple issues morph into full blown internet intifadas.....SIGHHHH! Sometimes I think the subject matter makes people more emotional than warranted.

tell me about it.

I say "hey guys, guess what...."

In response I get hit with a barrage of poo thrown at high velocity from two of our "eternally offended" residents.

Discussions are fun.

Poo flinging is boring.

Pic 1: how this thread should be
Pic 2: how this thread actually is

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Uganda airforce SF.260

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
patches689:

tell me about it.

I say "hey guys, guess what...."

In response I get hit with a barrage of poo thrown at high velocity from two of our "eternally offended" residents.

Discussions are fun.

Poo flinging is boring.

Pic 1: how this thread should be
Pic 2: how this thread actually is

cheesy. Epic! This weekly exchange of fire is becoming the norm on this thread. Interestingly I am getting used to it grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nigeria

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nigerian navy A109e cockpit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
Uganda people defense forces

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
Henry just dey observe Wetin dey happen.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Uganda people defense forces

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
tdayof:
Henry just dey observe Wetin dey happen.

Wetin consin me. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
Uganda people defense forces counter terrorism unit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (819) (820) (821) (822) (823) (824) (825) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Toju200(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.