Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:27 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (93) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6014113 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2850) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nigerdeltaboi:
A Nigeria Navy Sub-Lt. today recorded a target & kill of a #BokoHaram Mortar spotter at distance of 985 m. with a Dragunov SDVK Sniper Rifle.
source : Edward from twitter

It's an amazing kill, when we consider the SVDK has an effective firing range of 600 meters.

Great kill, just has to be Navy SBS.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 30, 2015
NNS Centenary departing South-Africa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:52am On Jan 31, 2015
SergeAlain:

No sir, the normal effective range of the Dragunov is 800m. hitting a man sized target at 985m with such a rifle is real good shooting. Of course its not world beater stuff, but real good shooting non the less.
That's the effective range. But like you say it is a real good shooting

I've heard of designated marksman hitting targets at that range.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 10:04am On Jan 31, 2015
Henry120:
NNS Centenary departing South-Africa

i swear to god that bright orange life raft is giving me cancer
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:16am On Jan 31, 2015
patches689:

They should ditch it somewhere in Angolan waters. grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 31, 2015
patches689:

Ermm why?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Jan 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
They should ditch it somewhere in Angolan waters. grin grin grin

Why anyone would ditch a life craft because of it's colour is baffling to me. The Americans also use bright yellow life crafts on some of their frigates.

See the movie, captain philips (tom hanks), the frigate used in that movie had a bright yellow life craft, same size as this.

Really, the people who would be rescued using this, won't care what colour it is, as long as they are saved.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:30am On Jan 31, 2015
Henry120:

Why anyone would ditch a life craft because of it's colour is baffling to me. The Americans also use bright yellow life crafts on some of their frigates.

See the movie, captain philips (tom hanks), the frigate used in that movie had a bright yellow life craft, same size as this.

Really, the people who would be rescued using this, won't care what colour it is, as long as they are saved.

America does not have any frigates.

Those life rafts are normally used on cargo or support ships. The are a odd choice for a war ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 31, 2015
andrewza:

America does not have any frigates.

Those life rafts are normally used on cargo or support ships. The are a odd choice for a war ship.

The Brooke class frigates of the United states Navy are?

They might be un-common is some quarters, but Navy's across the world still use them in adequate numbers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:46am On Jan 31, 2015
Henry120:

The Brooke class frigates of the United states Navy are?

They might be un-common is some quarters, but Navy's across the world still use them in adequate numbers.

There last frigate class was the Perry. Now they use LCS has frigates. Yeah they crayon.

Nevers Saïd navires dont use them. Just they odd choice for a war ship.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 31, 2015
Kenya Navy CDU (Clearence Diving Unit)

Port Assault and/or Sabotage training....(excuse the quality)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 31, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:51pm On Jan 31, 2015
I felt so much pain in my heart when I saw this pic (the pic below) from the looks of his kit and mask u can tell he's in the NA SF, with the pain in my heart I also feel the total respect for the gallantry of the dead soldier, even at death he is still and forever will be gallant.

RIP soldier, the ultimate prize you paid will never be in vain

#Salute #Respect

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:57pm On Jan 31, 2015
Also using this opportunity to say God bless, guide and protect DEATHMACHINE and every other soldier out there in the front line putting their precious life at risk so we can and will have a better future and may God grant them strength to rain thousands of deaths on those coçk sucking jihad imbeciles.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2015
NighttWalker:
I felt so much pain in my heart when I saw this pic (the pic below) from the looks of his kit and mask u can tell he's in the NA SF, with the pain in my heart I also feel the total respect for the gallantry of the dead soldier, even at death he is still and forever will be gallant.

#Salute #Respect
Remove this please.

If indeed you respect him, don't take away his dignity.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jan 31, 2015
NighttWalker:

#Salute #Respect

take down the pic!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:04pm On Jan 31, 2015
NighttWalker:

#Salute #Respect
Keep in mind this is the job of sf units, they're exposed to a lot of danger than regular troops.

With that said. "They do a lot of dying"

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Remove this please.

If indeed you respect him, don't take away his dignity.
Done
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:24pm On Jan 31, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Keep in mind this is the job of sf units, they're exposed to a lot of danger than regular troops.

With that said. "They do a lot of dying"
I know they face more dangers than regular troops and some might pay the ultimate prize but I just felt really bad for that soldier who died as gallant as ever
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
craziebone:

take down the pic!
No need for shouting, I get it now and has taken down the pic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 31, 2015
denisfidha:
Kenya Navy CDU (Clearence Diving Unit)

Port Assault and/or Sabotage training....(excuse the quality)

The KDF should consider investing in this combat chest rebreather. Carrying that cylinder in a combat situation would be a hell lot cumbersome for the commando.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 31, 2015
NighttWalker:
No need for shouting, I get it now and has taken down the pic

don't be offended, my dear. There is something i felt within me when i saw it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 31, 2015
Henry120:

The KDF should consider investing in this combat chest rebreather. Carrying that cylinder in a combat situation would be a hell lot cumbersome for the commando.
cost is one big factor. and kdf Have always purchased new stuff when the real need for it arises. so maybe the more they go in to real battlegrounds, the more they will experience the need for better equipments that are already available out there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jan 31, 2015
denisfidha:

cost is one big factor. and kdf Have always purchased new stuff when the real need for it arises. so maybe the more they go in to real battlegrounds, the more they will experience the need for better equipments that are already available out there.

This is a valid comment.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 31, 2015
Nigeria

Photo credit : Nigeria_military_history

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 7:35am On Feb 01, 2015
Henry120:
Nigeria

Photo credit : Nigeria_military_history
I so much hate the F-7 jet, don't k ow the specs or its capabilities but it looks so 80's and shouldn't even be in our airforce arsenal.

Talking about jets, what's the latest about the Jf-17s, has the deal just died or has NAF done everything and even shipped them to Nigeria without saying a word just like they normally do?

Also what's the latest on the Su-30s I know we're not sure if gonna em' but I wanna know what's up with NAF as NA has been getting loads of new military hardware

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2015
Maina Kachallah @am280mag
Beegeagles blog

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:14pm On Feb 01, 2015
one of d APC used in today's battle @am280mag

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bunnyrug(m): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2015
Fynline:

Maina Kachallah @am280mag
Beegeagles blog
isthat a t 72 tank?abeg my ogas help me id.d tank
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bunnyrug(m): 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2015
giles14:
one of d APC used in today's battle
an AA was mounted on an apc creative bastards

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2015
bunnyrug:
14 mm AA rifle I tink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2015
bunnyrug:
I guess our conservative ogas are beginning to see the needs for innovations to face new threats.

(1) (2) (3) ... (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) ... (2850) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)