Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,761 members, 7,831,448 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (985) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5987047 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (2844) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
overhypedsteve:
ok. look like somebody in the US congress is interested in saving the lives of Kenyan pilots. the AT-802 is not designed to perform the role that the kenyans and the guys at L3 Technologies want to force it into.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201702220077.html

paragraph 4&5

hanging weapons on the AT-802 is an old farm pilots idea of a joke for African Militaries.
it looks like generator fumes are messing with your circuits,i would have love to posted a youtube video to educate you more but i don't want you to waste your bundles

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
andrewza:
yes but the helcopter can put down in a smaller area. A fixed wing needs a rather larger patch to land on.
is this what you mean by small area !?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH5ZgYYDZh4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 11:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
africaken254:
it looks like generator fumes are messing with your circuits,
grin Oga chill nah, You wan kill someone with laugh? gringrin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
africaken254:
it looks like generator fumes are messing with your circuits,i would have love to posted a youtube video to educate you more but i don't want you to waste your bundles
Typical anti-Nigerian jokes, make fun of our power shortages and telecoms ??

Ati "I don't want you to waste your bundles"
You always have to stoop so low.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

This is the statement from the manufacturers of the ATV, the Nigerian army.

"The Infantry Patrol Vehicle (IPV) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the IPV has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The IPV is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

If they are ever in need of your "expert" opinions on the ATV, I'll be sure to point them to this thread. Until then, you can have a very good evening.

Jesus christ

Can you stop being such a massive faggit for just one day in your life?

You response doesnt even relate to what he said, FFS.

Be better.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Typical anti-Nigerian jokes, make fun of our power shortages and telecoms ??

Ati "I don't want you to waste your bundles"
You always have to stoop so low.
I don't expect something less from a Swahili speaker. Mbuzi.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 11:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:
Odunayaw, compare. You can see the ground clearance of our ATV and that of the Polaris used by US Special forces are the same. In terms of Armarment, ours is even better armed.

We also have more room to keep more stuff, Ammo and the likes.

Because thats an apples and oranges comparison - why compare a LTV with a LSV?

Your new item is the same as the LSV or Chenowth ALSV, a 40 year old concept

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2017
overhypedsteve:
ok. look like somebody in the US congress is interested in saving the lives of Kenyan pilots. the AT-802 is not designed to perform the role that the kenyans and the guys at L3 Technologies want to force it into.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201702220077.html

paragraph 4&5

hanging weapons on the AT-802 is an old farm pilots idea of a joke for African Militaries.

lol, I was actually thinking this.

The thing is a crop-sprayer....

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 12:04am On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

It should be aptly titled the anguish and butthurt of pained South-Africans. Anyway, I don't have their time.

Why would we be butthurt?

You and your insecurity complex.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 12:10am On Feb 23, 2017
Patchesagain:

you could add a paragraph that will state your point
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 23, 2017
tdayof:

AFSF guys have that same patch, whats the picture about ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:02am On Feb 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
AFSF guys have that same patch, whats the picture about ?
belongs to an Air Force pilot. He's a Mi-35 combat Crew 301 FTS

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 1:50am On Feb 23, 2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 2:33am On Feb 23, 2017
What UAE did with the hilux is very good 2:20 https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2g5k2i6if#/watch?v=j0mXL_lQPKA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 23, 2017
Flintlock 2017 loading

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:38am On Feb 23, 2017
EOD training for UPDF soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 2:50am On Feb 23, 2017
Patchesagain:

patchesagain you beast. I was wondering where i have seen the resemblance of our IPV but couldnt place it. I didnt want to point it out that i have seen the design somewhere before to avoid being mobbed by the usual gang.

US ARMY CHENOWTH.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 3:00am On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

You wan carry the extra seat for head? grin

It's a good looking 3 seater. It is okay the way it is, although the Collapseable windshield would also be nice. Anyway, since it is not a direct action vehicle, army engineers are going for speed and surprise instead of armour.
Seems it is 5 seaters. The red depicts the main gunner while the blue indicate extra seats to the right and left of the Gunner.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 3:04am On Feb 23, 2017
Well this is embarrassing.

First time our military is actually copying something more complex than an ak47 antiquated rifle.

I hope they manage to secure a proper licencing to prevent future recurrent national embarassment.

I have known of this vehicle and its exploits by US SOF in the sand dunes of Afghanistan decades back but i couldnt point a finger to it. Assuming i had uttered a word without picture proof i would have been skinned and spread to dry.

THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS WE COPIED AN 80s 'DUGGY DUNES.

SOME PEOPLE HERE HAVE EVEN FALLEN TO THEIR AGE OLD TRADITION OF COMPARING IT WITH SOME OTHER COUNTRIES MORE 'MODERN' VEHICLES ALREADY. AS IF IT IS A DEFAULT SETTING. PATHETIC

I KNOW MY COUNTRY VERY WELL.

THERES A REASON THE US USED AND DUMPED THE DESIGN.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 4:11am On Feb 23, 2017
lionel4power:

First time our military is actually copying something more complex than an ak47 antiquated rifle.

I hope they manage to secure a proper licencing to prevent future recurrent national embarassment.

I have known of this vehicle and its exploits by US SOF in the sand dunes of Afghanistan decades back but i couldnt point a finger to it. Assuming i had uttered a word without picture proof i would have been skinned and spread to dry.

SOME PEOPLE HERE HAVE EVEN FALLEN TO THEIR AGE OLD TRADITION OF COMPARING IT WITH SOME OTHER COUNTRIES MORE 'MODERN' VEHICLES ALREADY. AS IF IT IS A DEFAULT SETTING. PATHETIC

Gentlemen, lets stop all talk about side armouring, front armour plates and bullet proof glass. The body type you see must have been modelled to reduce overall probability of impact of bullets on occupants.
The tactics and procedures would be around very fast winding dashes and laying flat to engage the enemy. In fact there is a mode the vehicle and it's occupants may adopt and you won't even see who you are shooting at.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 5:21am On Feb 23, 2017
What abt the J17 Thunder it's equally untested and we are generally drooling over the possibility. The Mawri has a number of Uses and it need not enter the strike role. I still maintain that using it will afford us a unique opportunity. It's not without its pitfalls but fail or not, there's a lot to learn.
Vikkie14:
But what you failed to take into consideration is the fact that CH3 is UNMANNED while the Mwari is MANNED. You don't want to start losing your pilots both on training and on mission.

Before the Israelis put any weapon for sale, they would have tested and used that weapon for close to a decade. Then, they will say... "You see this Tarvor, we've used this in combat for over 9years now. It is suitable for 'this and that' but not 'those', so we are offering you something we can assure you of its effectiveness and efficiency".
We shouldn't be a test bed for something that's unproven and untested in real combat situation.
If they want us to be the 'test-bed', it's better the Mwari's were "gifted" than buying something that hasn't seen contested battleground.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patented: 5:21am On Feb 23, 2017
What abt the J17 Thunder it's equally untested and we are generally drooling over the possibility. The Mawri has a number of Uses and it need not enter the strike role. I still maintain that using it will afford us a unique opportunity. It's not without its pitfalls but fail or not, there's a lot to learn in addition, even if it's gifted it won't mitigate the risks to our pilots that you referred to.
Vikkie14:
But what you failed to take into consideration is the fact that CH3 is UNMANNED while the Mwari is MANNED. You don't want to start losing your pilots both on training and on mission.

Before the Israelis put any weapon for sale, they would have tested and used that weapon for close to a decade. Then, they will say... "You see this Tarvor, we've used this in combat for over 9years now. It is suitable for 'this and that' but not 'those', so we are offering you something we can assure you of its effectiveness and efficiency".
We shouldn't be a test bed for something that's unproven and untested in real combat situation.
If they want us to be the 'test-bed', it's better the Mwari's were "gifted" than buying something that hasn't seen contested battleground.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31am On Feb 23, 2017
Patchesagain:

It seems some of you have a reading deficiency. My comments to Odunayaw were primarily in response to ground clearance. He (Odunayaw)
complained that the ground clearance needed to be higher, in response i said the ground clearance is standard, using the Polaris to buttress my point. Going further to say even ours carry 2 guns.

Instead of responding to that, I see tons of ignorant comments with no correlation to my original comment on the matter or my follow-on.

Are you sure some of you guys are mentally okay?

This is what i want to know.

"Some of you cannot expect me to believe you're mentally okay".

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44am On Feb 23, 2017
Vikkie14:
Seems it is 5 seaters. The red depicts the main gunner while the blue indicate extra seats to the right and left of the Gunner.

No chief, the army clearly states it has a crew of 3 people.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 5:54am On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:
is this what you mean by small area !?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH5ZgYYDZh4

Yesca good pilot can do a emergency landing there and a attack chopper will protect the crew.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:09am On Feb 23, 2017
Nok234:
What UAE did with the hilux is very good 2:20 https://m.youtube.com/?reload=7&rdm=2g5k2i6if#/watch?v=j0mXL_lQPKA

I like what they did with their Hilux, pretty nice concept.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:15am On Feb 23, 2017
tdayof:

may be you need to ask ,cuma ya memeko

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 6:16am On Feb 23, 2017
Why is every one so focused on the dune buggy? It just a dune buggy.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:27am On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

It seems some of you have a reading deficiency. My comments to Odunayaw were primarily in response to ground clearance. He (Odunayaw)
complained that the ground clearance needed to be higher, in response i said the ground clearance is standard, using the Polaris to buttress my point. Going further to say even ours carry 2 guns.

Instead of responding to that, I see tons of ignorant comments with no correlation to my original comment on the matter or my follow-on.

Are you sure some of you guys are mentally okay?

This is what i want to know.

"Some of you cannot expect me to believe you're mentally okay".

1. You don't know the vehicles ground clearance - so as usual you were making sh1t up

2. You are comparing two vehicles that are not in the same class or role - to make yours look better

Ipso facto: You made a bullshit apples and oranges comparison.

Get your head out of your arse.
Be better.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:28am On Feb 23, 2017
andrewza:
Why is every one so focused on the dune buggy? It just a dune buggy.

Because the resident knob, is being a knob about it.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:30am On Feb 23, 2017
lionel4power:

Only the British dumped the design

The Americans still use it, because they still have the money to maintain ultra-niche vehicles that only get used once a year.

It's too specific a design for most, hence the move towards more versatile general-purpose platforms like what you see Polaris selling.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:34am On Feb 23, 2017
andrewza:

Yesca good pilot can do a emergency landing there and a attack chopper will protect the crew.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0RtqkgvmZY

(1) (2) (3) ... (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) ... (2844) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.