Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,088 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (984) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5962815 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:46pm On Feb 22, 2017
jln115:

Where were you? Do you know which test were carried out?? Im sure it's adequate for the purpose its going to be used for, but just looking at the photo i can tell you it won't come close to the poleris in terms of raw off road ability.

This is the statement from the manufacturers of the ATV, the Nigerian army.

"The Infantry Patrol Vehicle (IPV) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the IPV has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The IPV is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

If they are ever in need of your "expert" opinions on the ATV, I'll be sure to point them to this thread. Until then, you can have a very good evening.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Airborne360:
its ours but don't know where it was sourced from, the. As for Gunships I havent had time to yet

I understand baba. cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by darknetcom: 7:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Vikkie14:
Oga, chillax. There's nothing childish about what happened. Seems you are new, you should know it's "That week" again, grin it will soon pass. It's Africaken254 turn this time around grin .
Where are the Ghanians, they are hardly seen these days.

they are busy...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 22, 2017
overhypedsteve:

hanging weapons on the AT-802 is an old farm pilots idea of a joke for African Militaries.

Bro, I saw your post, it's a novel idea and I'll be sure to respond to it and air my thoughts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

I can't tell the lefts from the right of the comments made by you and Ssaengine.

Like I said previously, not interested. I hope this is clear enough?
For what exact purpose it's going it be used for i don't know.....but in terms of raw off road ability it doesn't come close to the polaris, and like most of us, im mostly just stating my (mostly well informed and backed up by factual evidence)opinion like 90% of the forum members(inc you) as im not an expert...as say a Mr Heitman or a Mr Barlow....but when it comes to off roading in general i can confidently say i am.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

"The Infantry Patrol Vehicle (IPV) with off-road mobility and a crew of three was one of the star attractions at the summit. Weighing 650kg and powered by 150-200 Horse Power Engine, the IPV has a 130 kilometre per hour capacity.
It provides force multiplier and the required flexibility to undertake all tasks across the entire spectrum of military operations, including range fighting, fast action mission, urban and border patrols.
The IPV is fitted with two machine guns and have been deployed in all the theatres of operation."

If they are ever in need of your "expert" opinions on the ATV, I'll be sure to point them to this thread. Until then, you can have a very good evening.

And what of the above has anything to do with approach, departure, roll over and break over angles? All you proved is that its fast.....which i qinda guessed looking at the massive engine that sticks out the back!

Also sticking a 200hp engine in a ATV which weighs 600kg should be an indicator that they don't intend to drive over steep hills.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigerian Navy

Night sailing on NNS Unity

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigerian Air Force

AESTL

Donier DO-228 repair and overhaul shop.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
Odunayaw:
I understand now

jeez the polaris looks angry!! and our (oooo let's name this thing na) IPV looks like its baby brother grin

I recon it will serve well with the Special Forces and battalion recces

if only Proforce listened to me undecided

They can name the ATV whatever they like, my interest is to only see full, clear photos of the vehicle.

It has already been deployed in combat operations by the Army.

I just noticed, the seats are adjustable to give the commander better firing room to let loose his machine gun.

For that, the commanders machine gun stays. Although I still think it should be replaced with a shorter PKM.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

They can name the ATV whatever they like, my interest is to only see full, clear photos of the vehicle.

Still better looking than the Hornet.....and if it's any consolation the Polaris is better than the Hornet off roading wise to!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 22, 2017
jln115:
Still better looking than the Hornet.....and if it's any consolation the Polaris is better than the Hornet off roading wise to!!

Dude, this has nothing to do with a consolation, comparison or price. I'm simply not interested.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

Dude, this has nothing to do with a consolation, comparison or price. I'm simply not interested.
You do realize I said nothing about the Polaris being a better Patrol/Reconnaissance Vehicle right?? I simply referred to your comment about the IPV having better ground clearance?? Unless the path between you and your enemy is a technical 4x4 trail(which it won't be) the added advantage of the Polaris's off roading prowess don't count much?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

For that, the commanders machine gun stays. Although I still think it should be replaced with a shorter PKM.
same here

the PKM would add to the swagger
wouldn't mind adding collapsible windshield and maybe one more seat(I know my ojukokoro is much grin)

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
jln115:
the Hornet's load bearing capacity would suffice for its looks
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 8:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
Vikkie14:
Lachit is Nemesis2u.
. Serious shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 8:44pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

The problem i have with the Mwari is, it is a brand new platform which hasn't been tested in combat. We don't have that luxury to be a test bed for a new platform. In every development cycle of a new asset, problems are bound to arise. What we need is an airplane that has proven record of combat delivery. Records available show that in a LICW or COIN threat environment the Tucano has been more effective than fast jets, that thing can loiter for 8 hours, more than many attack helicopters.

With the Mwari, we can get co-production rights which is a good thing down the line, but we cannot be a test bed.
who is talking about the mwari, looks good on paper, but I sincerely have my doubts totally
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

I can't tell the lefts from the right of the comments made by you and Ssaengine.

Like I said previously, not interested. I hope this is clear enough?

I'll put it in a way you might understand. Don't trust any statement about so called tests from any company that puts normal road tyres as spares. If that wasn't properly thought out, then trust me, many other things weren't. Good night.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 22, 2017
Odunayaw:
same here

the PKM would add to the swagger
wouldn't mind adding collapsible windshield and maybe one more seat(I know my ojukokoro is much grin)

You wan carry the extra seat for head? grin

It's a good looking 3 seater. It is okay the way it is, although the Collapseable windshield would also be nice. Anyway, since it is not a direct action vehicle, army engineers are going for speed and surprise instead of armour.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:56pm On Feb 22, 2017
ssaengine:

I'll put it ght.

You sound totally pained. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

You sound totally pained. Unfortunately I can't help you with that.

I never asked for your help. Just pointing out "yeah looks right" type engineering. Unfortunately it happens to be Nigerian in this case.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 22, 2017
Odunayaw:
the Hornet's load bearing capacity would suffice for its looks
Hornet is definitely a great battle proven design, but gosh its ugly!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
I can feel that butthurt from here. Incredible! shocked shocked sad sad

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 9:09pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

That was very funny, just so you know before the NA deploys any machine it is tested and trained by the men who are going to use it , repeatedly at the height of the bh campaign the NA repeatedly tested and trained the men who were using these new weapons. lol those comments by MR HENRY are still ringing grin grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 22, 2017
Algerian air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2017
LTGEN:
y

It should be aptly titled the anguish and butthurt of pained South-Africans. Anyway, I don't have their time.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2017
I smell derailing coming

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

It should be aptly titled the anguish and butthurt of pained South-Africans. Anyway, I don't have their time.

South-Africans?

If you have a disagreement with some people, just call them out by name. It's a very matured way of settling things. Don't generalise.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

Every day you discuss and compare how one system is better than another, between country A and B. You state the disadvantages of a system from some country you've never set foot in, let alone gotten near enough to take a whiff of the items you are comparing. There are also many bad designs which come out of SA. This one happens to come out of Nigeria. Has nothing to do with being jealous of anything. Grow up and deal with it. That thing would struggle on a 40 degree slope, its almost waiting to tip. If off road tyre bursts on a given terrain, how will road tyres help exactly? Things you would easily point out if it was built in Bangladesh, but pride.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 9:49pm On Feb 22, 2017
Anyways...back to posting pics
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 22, 2017
Nigerian AFSF ( Buratia boys) practicing marksmanship at the range

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 10:34pm On Feb 22, 2017
Henry240:

I just noticed, the seats are adjustable to give the commander better firing room to let loose his machine gun.

Yes, shorter Gun. But also ATGM can be fited on this type of vehicle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 10:38pm On Feb 22, 2017
jln115:
Hornet is definitely a great battle proven design, but gosh its ugly!!
patience,patience, patience. Let's wait for the official release of its true specs, from what the army said, the platform is already earning its stripes in the various theatres of operations were we are presently engaged against extremist, rogue herdsmen and cattle rustlers. There is a reason why the Army did not call this vehicle or refer to this Doohickey( it doesn't have a name yet so...) as ATV it has of road mobility as stated by the army does not mean it would wade through water or climb hills that some other ATV can climb. Every platform has its own specific "thing". Maybe the guys that built this have speed and off road mobility as its main capability. While we are here busting each other balls on why is the back heavier? Why is the spare tire not also of road tires. If this was Doohickey version 2 now I would say OK, then some of your complaints would sound reasonable . but this is a platform that is gathering new experience, the next version may be improved on or the manufacturers may just decide to stop production like we saw with the Igirigi's

(1) (2) (3) ... (981) (982) (983) (984) (985) (986) (987) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.