Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,763 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:33 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5958148 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) ... (2842) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
kenyan administration police officer ,who is also a proffesional bodybuider.hey who is watching 24 Legacy,i thought it was going to be boring.but i have found it to be very additive,can't wait for episode 5.there a scene where they refer to a terror attack at a market in Alexandria and use CCTV footage from west gate mall attack in kenya,nairobi

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:02pm On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:
kenyan administration police officer ,who is also a proffesional bodybuider.hey who is watching 24 Legacy,i thought it was going to be boring.but i have found it to be very additive,can't wait for episode 5

Well, showing the attack on Westgate Mall in Nairobi and saying it was an attack on a market in Alexandria, Egypt is just ridiculous. It was the 1st and last time I watched the thing.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
We've all been posting about OPVs and IPVs in Project Biro, we forgot about the Hydrographic vessel.

Here's the winning bid by Southern African Shipyards and Vard.
http://vardmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/VARD-9-105-HSV-for-SA.pdf

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Feb 23, 2017
frumentius:

Well, showing the attack on Westgate Mall in Nairobi and saying it was an attack on a market in Alexandria, Egypt is just ridiculous. It was the 1st and last time I watched the thing.
LOL ,series and movies do exaggerate alot ,but they are just trying to increase their fan base,considering they have to eclipse or be equal to the original 24 tv series
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:
kenyan administration police officer ,who is also a proffesional bodybuider.hey who is watching 24 Legacy,i thought it was going to be boring.but i have found it to be very additive,can't wait for episode 5.there a scene where they refer to a terror attack at a market in Alexandria and use CCTV footage from west gate mall attack in kenya,nairobi

Kenyans are pissed! they are demanding Fox to remove the footage https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/someonetellfox

anyway, speaking of watching movies/tv shows I downloaded a tv show called 'Six', my decision influenced by its Cover pic (shown below, although the pic i saw was much darker, made it look much more badass) without watching the prevew as I thought any show with a pic like that is gotto be a guaranteed combat action packed..... my exitment ended up in an anti climax, so dissapointed.(I've only watched the 1st episode though).... this time its bokoharam in nigeria( a former seal team gets kidnapped by BH while providing security to US reps) you know Typical hollywood depiction of America's God complex

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
frumentius:
We've all been posting about OPVs and IPVs in Project Biro, we forgot about the Hydrographic vessel.

Here's the winning bid by Southern African Shipyards and Vard.
http://vardmarine.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/VARD-9-105-HSV-for-SA.pdf

This is what is used to get to our bases in Antarctica - right?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Fidha254:
Kenyans are pissed! https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/someonetellfox

anyway, speaking of watching movies/tv shows I downloaded a tv show called 'Six', my decion influenced by its Cover pic (shoen below) without watching the prevew as I thought any show with that pic is gotto be a guaranteed combat action packed..... my exitment ended up in an anti climax, so dissapointed.(I've only watched the 1st episode though).... this time its bokoharam in nigeria( a former seal team gets kidnapped by BH while providing security to US reps) you know Typical hollywood God complex
i was about to also talking about that show,its too fake .northeast nigeria looks like the rain forest of congo.considering the propaganda video released of the chibok girl with hijab,this girls are shown still wearing their school clothes(how can that be with boko haram strict dress code,also look at what those so called boko haram terrorists are wearing !?)they coundn't have researched online or consulted a nigerian to atleast look authentic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yLrq1uFwgY
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

What did they miss?

Look at the video again.

When the 2 Olifants are firing.

They both miss.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

This is what is used to get to our bases in Antarctica - right?

No, that's SA Agulhas II

The new HSV is a replacement for SAS Protea, the navy's white lady.
Per wiki:
Hydrographic survey is the science of measurement and description of features which affect maritime navigation, marine construction, dredging, offshore oil exploration/offshore oil drilling and related activities. Strong emphasis is placed on soundings, shorelines, tides, currents, seabed and submerged obstructions that relate to the previously mentioned activities. The term hydrography is l used synonymously to describe maritime cartography, which in the final stages of the hydrographic process uses the raw data collected through hydrographic survey into information usable by the end user.

Pic 1: SA Agulhas II;

Pic 2: SAS Protea.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:53pm On Feb 23, 2017
Patchesagain:

Look at the video again.
They both miss.
Not good at all sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 1:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:
i was about to also talking about that show,its too fake .northeast nigeria looks like the rain forest of congo.considering the propaganda video released of the chibok girl with hijab,this girls are shown still wearing their school clothes(how can that be with boko haram strict dress code,also look at what those so called boko haram terrorists are wearing !?)they coundn't have researched online or consulted a nigerian to atleast look authentic

Hollywood serves a very ignorant US population.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:01pm On Feb 23, 2017
frumentius:

No, that's SA Agulhas II

The new HSV is a replacement for SAS Protea, the navy's white lady.
Per wiki:

Pic 1: SA Agulhas II;

Pic 2: SAS Protea.

Tell me, does the SF ever go to the Antarctica? I know it's a demilitarised zone.. But just go there as "researchers" for survival and snow warfare... ?

You can answer in signals wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Egypt's UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 2:10pm On Feb 23, 2017
Patchesagain:

Look at the video again.
They both miss.
61Mech needs to enlighten us on what could be the odds of this happening.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 23, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Tell me, does the SF ever go to the Antarctica? I know it's a demilitarised zone.. But just go there as "researchers" for survival and snow warfare... ?

You can answer in signals wink
No need for signals. The answer is no. Even the SAAF Oryx pilots no longer go there.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:00pm On Feb 23, 2017
*strolling in* OMG so much poo on the walls of this thread
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Seened: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2017
For newcomers to the thread:

If you are here for knowledge it is abundant here but I can't say the same for wisdom.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
Patented:
What abt the J17 Thunder it's equally untested and we are generally drooling over the possibility. The Mawri has a number of Uses and it need not enter the strike role. I still maintain that using it will afford us a unique opportunity. It's not without its pitfalls but fail or not, there's a lot to learn.
huh?!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:

These are the men that have been rescuing hostages in the North East for years since the insurgency began, they have been rescuing kins and kinsmen and even organize rescue operations for livestocks stolen by Boko Haram scouts

I wish we could one day make a movie about them.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:21pm On Feb 23, 2017
The reason Kenya might no longer receive the air tractor
According to this link -- https://mobile.twitter.com/dailynation/status/834709513316028417
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 23, 2017
Senegalese Plasan sand cat

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 23, 2017
overhypedsteve:
These are the men that have been rescuing hostages in the North East for years since the insurgency began, they have been rescuing kins and kinsmen and even organize rescue operations for livestocks stolen by Boko Haram scouts

I wish we could one day make a movie about them.
hollywood has had a very good relationship with the US military for a very long time,nigeria film industry can work alongside nigeria armed forces.should come up with a film that will be beneficial to both of them
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
The reason Kenya might no longer receive the air tractor
According to this link -- https://mobile.twitter.com/dailynation/status/834709513316028417
its likely the deal will survive but the plane could be changed to Archangel COIN aircraft modified by Iomax.considering there are claims UAE could order more Archangel COIN aircraft.

After successful deployment to Yemen and other regional hotspots, the United Arab Emirates is expected to place even more orders for the US-built Iomax 'Archangel' counter-insurgency aircraft.

The penultimate aircraft from a 24-aircraft order placed two years ago was on display at this year's IDEX in Abu Dhabi, with the final aircraft expected to be delivered to the UAE next month from the company's North Carolina plant.

A total of 12 additional aircraft – based on the Thrush 710P agricultural aircraft – could be ordered soon to bolster the Archangel fleet, according to Jim Toole, Iomax's chief technology officer.

'They will hopefully buy 12 more, but they haven't done it yet,' said Toole, indicating this batch would have a larger horizontal stabiliser and lower weight. 'It's the platform of choice for air-to-ground precision strike and long-endurance.'

Before the UAE ordered the Archangel, the country had been operating 24 armed Air Tractor AT-802 border patrol (BP) aircraft that had also been converted by Iomax. Despite sharing a similar appearance to the AT-802, the Archangel uses a slightly different airframe supplied by Thrush Aircraft instead.

Six of those AT-802 aircraft – the first to be converted by Iomax in Orlando, Florida – are now with Jordan, which is interested in upgrading the AT-802's weapon systems to the Archangel standard.

The Archangel aircraft has six dual-weapon hard points, three on each wing, that can carry 1,000lbs each including a variety of weapon systems and pods. At IDEX, the UAE aircraft included two Hellfire missiles, two CIRIT quad-pack launcher systems (QPLS), and two mock laser-guided GBU-58 Paveway II bombs.

An interesting addition to each wing's outboard weapon pylons was two Terma Modular Aircraft Survivability Equipment (MASE) pods, which provides 360 degree coverage against man-portable air defence (MANPAD) weapons.

Twenty-four pairs of MASE pods have been acquired by the UAE, providing an expedited self-protection capability for the Archangel. A future upgrade could see a fully-integrated self-protection suite fitted, freeing up the two outer stations for additional weapon stores.

Expanding more on how the UAE pilots use the aircraft on operations, Toole said that a favoured tactic is to fly night operations at medium altitude, where the aircraft is virtually invisible to those on the ground.
link https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/special-operations/idex-2017-uae-eyes-additional-archangels/

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:55pm On Feb 23, 2017
africaken254:
hollywood has had a very good relationship with the US military for a very long time,nigeria film industry can work alongside nigeria armed forces.should come up with a film that will be beneficial to both of them

African militaries are mostly run by dinosaurs, South Africa included. When Neil Blomkamp was shooting District 9 the military refused to give him all the gear he wanted like the Rooikat and Ratel despite the fact that his requests were through a state movie agency.... They still refused him the SAPS uniform for Chappie and they even refused he used he used the acronym SAPS on the fictional robot - it's just a bloody kiddish robot.

You think that was bad? The air space authorities refused the usage of a real US drone for the movie Eye in the Sky movie despite the fact that it was directed by Gavin Hood, a popular South African director.

African authorities are unbelievable.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

At no point did i mention or say that the IPV has a better ground clearance than the Polaris. I said the ground clearance is standard, just like every other ATV.

How is this comment so difficult to understand?
irrelevant if you said higher/the same.....there are many more important factors to take into account when comparing off road performance than ground clearance alone....so saying its the same as other ATVs means sh1t!!!

But anyway lets just leave it at that....i never disputed the IPVs capability for what its going to be used for.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 23, 2017
jln115:

irrelevant if you said higher/the same.....there are many more important factors to take into account when comparing off road performance than ground clearance alone....so saying its the same as other ATVs means sh1t!!!

But anyway lets just leave it at that....i never disputed the IPVs capability for what its going to be used for.

Do you people have working brains in your heads at all?

I did not compare the IPV with the Polaris ATV. You're even talking about off-road performance which i never brought up. I've made this comment over 100 times, perharps i should translate it to Afrikaans.

Get this into your thick skulls! How many times would i have to repeat myself, are you daft?

In Afrikaans.

Het jy mense werk brein in jou kop nie? Die vraag gevra was slegs sowat grondvryhoogte.
Ek het die IPV nie vergelyk met die Polaris ATV. Jy selfs praat oor off-road prestasie wat ek nooit grootgemaak. Ek het hierdie opmerking meer as 100 keer gemaak, perharps ek moet dit vertaal na Afrikaans.
Kry dit in jou dik skedels! Hoeveel keer sal ek myself herhaal, is jy dom?

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:20pm On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

Do you people have working brains in your heads at all?

I did not compare the IPV with the Polaris ATV. You're even talking about off-road performance which i never brought up. I've made this comment over 100 times, perharps i should translate it to Afrikaans.

Get this into your thick skulls! How many times would i have to repeat myself, are you daft?

In Afrikaans.

Het jy mense werk brein in jou kop nie? Die vraag gevra was slegs sowat grondvryhoogte.
Ek het die IPV nie vergelyk met die Polaris ATV. Jy selfs praat oor off-road prestasie wat ek nooit grootgemaak. Ek het hierdie opmerking meer as 100 keer gemaak, perharps ek moet dit vertaal na Afrikaans.
Kry dit in jou dik skedels! Hoeveel keer sal ek myself herhaal, is jy dom?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
jln115:

where in the post u quoted did u see anything about off road performance
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2017
Odunayaw:
me think the ATV need more ground clearance

This is post I responded to.

Where in this post is performance even mentioned?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 8:33pm On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

in fact ehn egbon

dz ones matter de Shiloh
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kabe1: 8:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Henry240:

So, why do they keep talking about performance? The question asked is primarily about ground clearance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (984) (985) (986) (987) (988) (989) (990) ... (2842) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: neyobills and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.