Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August (21157 Views)

An Unhappy Train Experience From Enugu Railway (photos) / First International Flight Lands At Enugu Airport Amidst Jubilation / Things You Should Have Before Boarding An International Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by dossantos1: 4:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
kenzspunpy:

Pessimist! Perrenial pessimist!! People are lauding a wonderful effort by the Government, you are here expressing concerns. What test of time? Is the airport not functioning before now? My friend, you better start thinking straight.

Good one by GEJ....

bro. i think u r wrong. he is only drawing thee attention of the govt,not to 4get every good thing also need to be maintained for it to remain good.
its like buying a car and never think about ensuring it continues to be in a very good state.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by basilo101: 4:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
Supergenius: wel i was not blind wen i saw SEAPORT in the post
u failed to understand the sentence, stop arguing.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Erotex(m): 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
my long awaited bro in UK wil now come from London to Enugu to Nsukka.
No more long journey oh!!

Gbosa!! Gbosa!!! Gbosa!!! For Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Francis5: 5:29pm On Aug 07, 2013
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by mikey2fin: 5:36pm On Aug 07, 2013
Airport done one more to go, Sea Port and indigbo will say bye to Lagos
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by IGBOSON1: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2013
9jacrip: [size=14pt]This is lovely!

Hopefully this will reduce the burden on Lagos smiley.

Happy for my Igbo folks.[/size]

^^^Hehehehe grin

Bros talk true.....you didn't really mean what you said about wanting Lagos int'l airport to be less busy......talk true! wink
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by IGBOSON1: 6:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
mikey2fin: Airport done one more to go, Sea Port and indigbo will say bye to Lagos

^^^Unfortunately it's not that straight forward.....we have to attract the population as well, from Lagos to our cities of commerce and industry......cities like Onitsha, Asaba, Uyo, Port Harcourt, Enugu, Aba, Calabar, etc. There has to be a cosmopolitan environment boosted by a huge tourist/business/immigrant population for the much needed gravitational pull these cities need; this will take time, but can be done.

The plan should be to decongest Lagos and attract the population to the area formerly known as the Eastern Region!

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by IGBOSON1: 6:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
Shine u Eye: As a non Igbo I still rejoice with you people considering the impact this would have on commerce in the SE.

P.S
This will however not be good news to people from the SW. The Igbos control commerce and if the Igbos look inwards Nigeria is in trouble.

Lagos is gradually loosing its relevance hence the "Eko ni baje" slogan. Its too late, its already baje thats why Abuja was created. Now that other regions are fast catching up, the Yorubas are welcome to keep "baje" Lagos.

^^^Shine-your-eye please be nice! Lagos can still thrive with the Yorubas and a hardworking immigrant Hausa/Fulani population; and also the expected foreigners that will help buy up property in the new Eko Atlantic!

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by IGBOSON1: 6:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
bluerange: before now every street in New Haven has a hotel, now it will be every house since it is about 5 mins drive from the airport. Emene must step up.

^^^Please enough of all these ubiquitous budget inns that can hardly make 'one star' in global hotel ratings!
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 07, 2013
nne3870: Fresh Air....
Igbo mma mma nuo cheesy

God purnish satan and all those who Don't like good things. grin
Godbless the igbo nation.
Godbless GEJ
Godbless nigeria.

Now you all know why my claws dig into the tolotolo necks of anyone that bad mouths GEJ anyhow
He is not a saint
But he is the best president to NdiIgbo anyday
He has done what no one before him has ever done

Good news here

3 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
I had abandoned flying into Murtala Mohammed hairport tey tey
Abuja beats it hands down
and knowing that I may soon be flying into the capital of Igboland makes me happy
GEJ meka meka o as Ikwerre people say
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
judexnweke: God bless president Jonathan for keeping his words toward realisation of ndigbo

Ndigbo give jona all d support he needs to actualised he dream in 2015

Any Igboman that fails to vote for GEJ should be castrated ozugbo
Cha pu ya akpa amu immediately grin

3 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by dgysoft(m): 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2013
which road we go pass enter enugu as all the road leading to enugu are in the following bad condition. Enugu-Onitsha Nightmare. Enugu - 9mile Markurdi road single death trap lane. Enugu-Ph very bad express road. Enugu- Abakaliki Afikpo not motorable.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by ksmartdope(m): 8:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
Chris-OD:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/national/first-international-flight-takes-off-from-enugu-august-24/
I just hope e no miss road. Like make e go land for china instead of london
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Klinee: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Spiff20: The igbo's are too backward in terms of development. An international flight 4 d 1st tym? South-south alone has 3 international airports nd 4 seaports. C'mon d igbo's shud do sumtin abt dis, even d northern states of kano,kaduna, nd Jos ar doing gr8 courtesy of d igbo's, dey shud go bak home nd develop dere slums n hamlets.
when i never travel out i feel as if that we are the poorest in nigeria when i hear the name of some states like oyo(ibadan),lagos,kano,abuja,plateau(jos).i was thinking that they are far states compare to those one here in the east.but when i travel out i notice that most of those state were more backward that we.Forget about int' airport and government infrastrutures,we are far far more develop than any other zones in nigeria!
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by millionaireman: 8:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
EasternLeopard: Mr Aboki pls respect urself this morning. Why would u call Imo people whom Ojukwu regarded as true biafrans, traitors. Pls edit ur words. Who told u that the Imolites wont vote GEJ.
Owerri people, not the whole Imo people are. Enugu international flights would have long been a reality but an Owerri Minister of Aviation wanted Sam Mbakwe Airport Owerri to go for internationa passenger flights before Enugu. She tried to rewrite history with the usuall Owerri attitude to corner every government freebies - an attitude Owerri has perrfected in Imo state. An attitude that has left the rest of Imo, and by extension, the whole of Imo comparatively least developed among its peers. Thanks to Stella Oduah.
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
Spiff20: The igbo's are too backward in terms of development. An international flight 4 d 1st tym? South-south alone has 3 international airports nd 4 seaports. C'mon d igbo's shud do sumtin abt dis, even d northern states of kano,kaduna, nd Jos ar doing gr8 courtesy of d igbo's, dey shud go bak home nd develop dere slums n hamlets.
there is no international flight in kaduna and jos and kano airflight has been failing since d rise of tensions
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by erico2k2(m): 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2013
dridowu: Good @least pressure go reduce 4 lagos
Yes, all those people wey dey show demsleves for airport as if dem B Go go see fewer people, even my like this nah Ph strieght I dey fly, bye bye to lagos.Remain teh sea port make dem open, E go B final bye bye to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by investnow2013: 9:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
WONDERFUL NEWS FOR NIGERIA,BUT ESPECIALLY THE PEOPLE OF THE EAST. THIS AIRPORT WILL HELP IN THE BALANCING OF THE POPULATION IN FAVOR OF THE EASTERN STATES.YOU WILL BE LOOKING AT 2 TO 4 MILLION MORE PEOPLE COMING TO BASE THEIR BUSINESSES IN ENUGU,AWKA,OKIGWE,ONITSHA AND NNEWI.THERE WILL BE INCREASE IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN INVESTMENTS LIKE IN THE AREAS OF TOURISM AND COMMERCE. EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES WILL BENEFIT ALSO.THIS IS A WIN WIN SITUATION FOR NIGERIAN ECONOMY AND IT'S LEADERS.WE ALL HOPE THAT WITH THE COMING ON STREAM OF THE ENUGU AIRPORT,THE PAST POLICIES OF NIGERIAN LEADERS WHO PRACTISED SECTIONAL AND DISCRIMINATRY ECONOMIC AGENDER AGAINST THE EAST,BUT IBOS IN PARTICULAR WOULD NOT REPEAT IT'S SELF AGAIN.THIS SECTIONAL POLICIES DID A GREAT DAMAGE TO NIGERIA'S ECONOMY.NOW THE EASTERN TIGERS WILL ARISE!!!!! NIGERIA WILL JOIN OTHER COUNTRIES IN THE FAR EAST OF THE WORLD LIKE CHINA,INDONESIA,TAIWAN,MALASIA ETC WHOSE PEOPLE'S ENTREPENEUR SPIRIT CAN ONLY BE COMPARED TO THE PEOPLE OF THE EAST,IF I WANT TO BE HONEST.SEAPORT MUST BE BUILD IN ONITSHA WITHOUT DELAY!!!!!!! GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by chuks1964: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
Things are looking up for us down here cheesy
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by isaiahethan: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2013
I'm so excited grin
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by Ribaman(m): 10:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Great News! I am happy for the Igbo nation
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by AnanseK(m): 11:23pm On Aug 07, 2013
Drug couriers galore , international flights at door step! cheesy
Re: First International Flight Takes-off From Enugu 24th August by manny4life(m): 11:35pm On Aug 07, 2013
AnanseK: Drug couriers galore , international flights at door step! cheesy

Continue hating, there's hate-o-rade for you jor... cool cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Best Places In Port Harcourt To Live In. / Going For PLAB Exam And Abandoning Residency Program in Nigeria / Nigerians In Cambodia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.