Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,227 members, 7,842,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail (18727 Views)

Chidi Lloyd's Plans To Flee Foiled By Police / Chidi Lloyd Detained By Police In Rivers / Chidi Lloyd Declared Wanted By Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by musiwa1a: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by musiwa1a: 8:46am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Kingspin(m): 8:50am On Aug 08, 2013
buoye1: Ameachi 2 : 0 F.G.....Lets go there
If the crises in River State is to be fair in the eye of the LAW Evans Bipi and co,Pro Amaechi's including Gov. Amaechi himself should face the Law...no best course to celebrate yet...
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by amobii: 8:52am On Aug 08, 2013
Yungwizzzy: but bail is free na??

yah bail is free, but there are conditions attached to it while the case is on.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by searay(m): 9:13am On Aug 08, 2013
10M:
abeg na where this money dey go?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by laplace19(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2013
The truth is....justice is still prevailing in this case. Lloyd has been granted bail with 10 million naira and 3 sureties in like sum. If you bring it to a poor man's side,can a poor man afford 10m to at least bail himself pending trial? NO!...hence,he still remains in the court custody.... However,Lloyd was granted bail to give him the opportunity to prepare for his defence,cos even if the evidence is clear,in a law court you still have to defend yourself,that's law for you.....moreover,his trial is still pending....so let's not rush and draw rubbish conclusions......but wait an see the outcome of this...only then will we have much aspersions to cast on the high court(s)...that's all
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by frankgreat(m): 9:15am On Aug 08, 2013
In a country were the fight of cultism is invoke and u see a hon member Chanting slang belonging to baggars "AROMATE"and nothing is bin done to him? No arrest or investigation, nd u tell me dey r nt bias in dere judgement..I laugh in spanish

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by didisky(m): 9:19am On Aug 08, 2013
Yungwizzzy: but bail is free na??

R u serious about dis comment or r u kidding ?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by nwaiwuanthony(m): 9:24am On Aug 08, 2013
Why should only Chidi Llyd be arrested in a fight that involved almost all the members of the assembly? Something extra-ordinary is really happening to Nigerian politics.

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Morgan1092(m): 9:30am On Aug 08, 2013
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by NNMUU(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2013
laplace19: The truth is....justice is still prevailing in this case. Lloyd has been granted bail with 10 million naira and 3 sureties in like sum. If you bring it to a poor man's side,can a poor man afford 10m to at least bail himself pending trial? NO!...hence,he still remains in the court custody.... However,Lloyd was granted bail to give him the opportunity to prepare for his defence,cos even if the evidence is clear,in a law court you still have to defend yourself,that's law for you.....moreover,his trial is still pending....so let's not rush and draw rubbish conclusions......but wait an see the outcome of this...only then will we have much aspersions to cast on the high court(s)...that's all

since he's been granted bail believe me this case will keep pending until it eventually dies down and is forgetten.
Remember this is Nigeria
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by busayobrig: 9:54am On Aug 08, 2013
THEM SAY DEM BAD BUT DEM NO DO ANYTHING oooo. BUT DIS ONE DO PASS SOMETHING OOO.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by peterjero(m): 9:54am On Aug 08, 2013
ALAKE_OF_EGBA: At the end, the people that will suffer most are those 5 lawbreakers that engineered the whole madness in the house.

For his political survival GEJ will dispense with Wike...and those lawbreakers will be fully exposed to the political machinations of Governor Ameachi
Its still so painful that Bipi's heAd wasn't broken
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Classicalman(m): 9:55am On Aug 08, 2013
is chidi lloyd not an igbman?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Biggiestep(m): 9:56am On Aug 08, 2013
only
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by hybeekay9: 10:15am On Aug 08, 2013
Dis is all about money's power.... Make all of u na remember say God's power is the highest oo.
Waiting 4 judgement day angry
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by dareyking(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2013
4 me in as much bro Bibi is nt been investigatd then this man 2 is nt guilty...Is it nw they knw dat EFCC is suposd to investigate poo jst like Peter Odili...datz wat i call Witch-Hunting...Nd 2 be sincere we may have infra structure and oda tinz we desire buh we cn neva still move forward...u knw y?...even wen everybdy see the truth it cnt jst set u free in Ninja....
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Fidelcruiz(m): 10:22am On Aug 08, 2013
Those five law brokers chaired by Evans Bipi should also be arrested and prosecuted with immediate effect to serve as a lesson to other law brokers
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by psucc(m): 10:27am On Aug 08, 2013
greatest man: this guy suppose to be in prison if not of nigeria factor
hmm! For standing up against undemocratic practice?
No! No!
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by ogb5(m): 10:35am On Aug 08, 2013
ochejoseph:
Following an application for bail filed by Lloyd’s counsel Mr. Beluolisa Nwafor (SAN), the presiding judge, Justice L.L. Nyordee, after thorough legal scrutiny of the bail application which the prosecutor and the State Attorney General did not oppose, decided to grant bail to the lawmaker under stringent conditions.

This part of the report is very revealing.

The state attorney general, being a prosecutor of Pro-Ameachi lawmaker is recipe for miscarriage of justice.

The State attorney general is all for the defence of Lloyd. See that he did not even oppose the bail application.

That means the state Attorney general can even apply for the case to be withdrawn from court. The law expects an interested party to disqualify himself from a case in which he is an interested party.

Justice doesn't only need to be served, it must be seen to have been served. Whatever verdict is given to Lloyd, with the State Attorney General as the prosecutor will not be seen as justice being served.

The Rivers State Atorney General must hands off the case, as Lloyd's prosecutor. He can not be a prosecutor and a defense Attorney at thesame time.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2013
Who is next to hunt Chidi down?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by jude33084(m): 10:47am On Aug 08, 2013
Case closed! grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by zibi2(m): 11:01am On Aug 08, 2013
boofydon: Naija !! feel like breaking Seun Osewa's head with a mase too! am sure N200 bail will get me out grin grin grin
grin
boofydon: Naija !! feel like breaking Seun Osewa's head with a mase too! am sure N200 bail will get me out grin grin grin
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Profidada: 11:09am On Aug 08, 2013
The commissioner had adviced the police to arrest the five anti amaechi law makers, what about the gov and his security aids are they not culpable. Oh the gov is immune from prosecution.
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by size38: 11:18am On Aug 08, 2013
I have said it time and time again. Everytin happening in Rivers state is being engineered by d president. If not, why will those other 5 law makers not face trail as well? To me, chidi llyod is a defender of democracy. Rivers state has not known to be having financial crime, how come d EFCC has to come in to investigate their financial book if not for political witch hunting? D fuel subsidy crime is still there with d same EFCC turning their eyes away from Otedola and Farauk Lawan. Its mere political witch hunting on Amaechi. And we will resist it to d last in Rivers state.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by size38: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2013
I have said it time and time again. Everytin happening in Rivers state is being engineered by d president. If not, why will those other 5 law makers not face trail as well? To me, chidi llyod is a defender of democracy. Rivers state has not known to be having financial crime, how come d EFCC has to come in to investigate their financial book if not for political witch hunting? D fuel subsidy crime is still there with d same EFCC turning their eyes away from Otedola and Farauk Lawan. Its mere political witch hunting on Amaechi. And we will resist it to d last in Rivers state. Useless president

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Tundephish(m): 11:22am On Aug 08, 2013
The statement 'Nobody is above the law' is not effective in nigeria. Some people are above the law for sure
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by dabexy(m): 11:27am On Aug 08, 2013
PLS PALS,
Can any1 help me wit a link where i can get some puzzles (brain storming riddles),
i saw it some time ago but can't locate it at the moment

Thanks
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by emperorchedda(m): 11:33am On Aug 08, 2013
Bipi must face d consequence of wat he started cheesy
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by Aniwetaluude(m): 11:40am On Aug 08, 2013
using such a deadly weapon on your colleague no matter the degree of provocation is very bad and should be totally condemned.but we all know that the some faces who wants ameachi down are hunting Lloyd since all their effort to get to Ameachi is becoming difficult every day.I think is a travesty of justice if Lloyd is not granted bail. it is so disappointing that one should be so determined to bring his state down at all cost.in as much as am so interested in reelecting GEJ 2015, these thugs should desist from making GEJ unpopular by this crises they are fuelling everyday.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by HARDDON: 12:23pm On Aug 08, 2013
pardon my ignorance, but to which pause does bail money swim?
Re: Chidi Lloyd Granted N10M Bail by steveec122(m): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2013
thrugemaster: the judiciary should not allow the executive to mock them especially on the issue of the commissioner for justice who is indirectly the defence counsel and is now trying to be the prosecuting counsel
Commissioner for Justice is an Executive appointee not a Judiciary Officer, that is why Attorney General Office and the Ministry or Commissioner of Justice Office should be separated. Attorney Generals suppose to be independent of the Executive and Legislative but an elective office comprising NBA and Judiciary officers, so that they can prosecute cases without bias. Commissioner or Ministry of Justice suppose to oversee Legal Businesses of the Executive- Legal drafting, defense etc. It is odd to expect a dependent office to prosecute its Source of sustenance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oba Of Lagos Outburst, A Master Stroke? / Boko Haram Loots Shops, Fuel Stations In Geidam / Atiku Cannot Win Any Election, Even In His Local Government - Lauretta Onochie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.