Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

The Diary - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Diary (48162 Views)

BOOMERANG!!! The Diary Of A Foolish Lady. A Flash Fiction / The Diary Of A Crazy Kid / FOXY_REBIRTH - The Diary of A Dead Vampire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
Issue 31:
---------------------------------------------------
I looked at the crowd in front of the hospital, they all concentrated on what the police men will discover in the hospital, nobody acted like I existed as I also ignored them looking in the crowd if I'll see my mother. Mother was absent, she wasn't among those that stood outside the gate, I began to think what the problem was that sent the whole hospital occupant outside at once, the crowd murmured to each other as everyone looked too busy to answer me but I needed to know what part of the country I was. Listening carefully to the language they communicated in, it was a familiar native language I recognised immediately I heard it, majority of them spoke in Yoruba language which means I was close to Lagos, I just needed to wait to know what is going on and know where my mother is.

I understood yoruba but I can't communicate fluently in it, I paid attention and listened to the man beside me, he narrated to the nurse in front of him about how he escaped from his ward, he said the screams from the passage was what woke him up, he said he came out to see what the fuss was all about, he saw people stumbling on each other as they all ran in one direction which was the stair case that led outside the hospital, he said he walked towards the hasty crowd so he won't be caught unaware by what ever was on rampage, he said he saw fear in some people's eyes and that alone was enough to scare him. I still wasn't getting the gist but what scared them sounded familiar because the fear in their eyes has explained by the patient was not new to me.

The police men came out of the hospital looking very relaxed, one of the police men who earlier ordered a man to take me out approached one of the doctors in the hospital, they both spoke for minutes but something like an argument ensued when the doctor raised his voice at the police man, " false kini!!! Its not only false alarm...look..I know what I saw, nobody told me anything, I saw it myself...he was dressed like a doctor and he looked like one... He had a hole on his head... a wide hole that no man can have on his head and still be standing, he had no eyeball but he was looking straight at me...I ran and called one of my nurses who was also running towards me with tears in her eyes as she shook furiously... I asked her what she saw but she was too frightened to talk..." The doctor lamented pointing at a nurse who sat on the ground looking like she just saw a ghost.

The police men calmed the atmosphere and accompanied everyone back into the hospital, it was then I asked one of the patients who looked calm what part of Nigeria we were, he looked at me and said "Ore..", I know Ore to be in Ondo state, I knew my journey to Lagos won't be a distant one anymore but first I needed to find my mother, I walked in to the reception and saw all patients lined up for something that looked like an official check before they were accompanied back to their separate wards by the police, I approached one of the nurses who wasn't engaged in the checking duty to ask her questions about the accident victims brought in earlier that day.

I was shocked at the nurse's reply, she told me there was no elderly woman among the accident victims, she said we all involved in the accident were lucky to be alive, she referred me to the doctor who stood beside the stair case to get more information from him, I went to him and shook his right hand, he nodded his head as we exchanged greetings, I popped my enquiry and he was direct and much more detailed than the nurse. He told me 9 victims including I were rushed in by good samaritans, he said they informed them we were coming from Delta state, "...and after we did our own investigation we got detailed facts from the driver who is kicking fine now" he said, I asked after my mother but he said there was no female among the victims brought. I was confused, I didn't know what else to do, how could my mother not be among the accident victims, I questioned myself for minutes before approaching the doctor for the second time, I asked if they collected any contact from those who brought us there, he said their phone numbers was all they gave and that was enough for the hospital, I begged if I could put a call through to one of them and the doctor didn't deny me of that, we both went to his office upstairs on the floor where my own ward was located, immediately I noticed that I knew the reason why the whole hospital was put in a chaos. The doctor wasn't really stable as I still could feel his hands shake as he passed me his phone, he groped around his office with his eyes as if someone was calling his name, he tossed an opened file over to me on his table, I dropped the phone and turned the file so it could face me, then I looked at my amputated hand, I felt so sad that I had to do things one after the other with my just a hand, I looked at the forms filled and picked one number to dial, "...sim one or two..." I asked after pushing the right numbers, the doctor replied "two" and I immediately pushed the green button which had a figure two on it.

I pushed the red button with a saddened heart having heard one of the samaritan saying I was the only one they saw at the back seat, he said there was no elderly woman nor did they see any amputated hand, I was perplexed as I did not know what else or next to do, I couldn't hide my feelings as I sat on the ground and began to cry, the doctor stood up and sat in front of me saying "... You really look like you've been through a lot...I don't believe you are mad or something, if truly there was an elderly woman on that bus who happened to be your mother, then I promise you we'll find her...am not supposed to do this but I have a feeling I have to...I have an elder brother in Asaba who is very gifted...gifted in seeing things...I believe he can help you out....but the funny thing is...he just lost his sight, but that is not an hindrance to his sight...I 'll bring him over tomorrow and am very sure you'll get to understand what you don't ...."

1 Like

Re: The Diary by Karevwite: 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
hehe probabli d baba 4rm d hospital...tnx 4 d update though.
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 11:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Op pls finish ds tori nah. Almost two weeks nw,
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2013
youth must work: Op pls finish ds tori nah. Almost two weeks nw,
Y u so in a hurry...
Re: The Diary by 2map(m): 7:29am On Dec 20, 2013
Thumbs up slickest. I guess the blind man is also the man from the previous hospital, the psycho.
Re: The Diary by Wealthyone: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2013
I likey.
Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2013
I think your mother was not whom you think she was, probably a ghost too. Expecting more!!
Re: The Diary by Trijay: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2013
4 d 1st tym I felt so sorry 4 John..Donno y mama sunday has so much hatred 4 him..he did't bang ha 2 ha satisfaction or wot?
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 20, 2013
Wealthyone: Hmmmnnn....MR John Doe, the actor never dies. Well done slickest, more ink to your pen. Moreover, this issue is too short embarassed
bros you just start reading slickest story? Rasheed sef die mehn
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 10:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
Slickest:
Y u so in a hurry...
lol, I will continue to follow u till ..........
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 12:21am On Dec 22, 2013
D blind man na Sam .....
Re: The Diary by Ralphjoe(m): 5:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ok mr op, i think i understand what you go through in the process of writing this story & we all here appreciates your effort but we just want some level of consistency in your post, like be giving us a time-frame when your next update would be coming up. Nice update op, am impressed #justasuggestion#
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 10:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ralphjoe: Ok mr op, i think i understand what you go through in the process of writing this story & we all here appreciates your effort but we just want some level of consistency in your post, like be giving us a time-frame when your next update would be coming up. Nice update op, am impressed #justasuggestion#
Thanx 4 uundastndn..m workin on ma concludin plot dats y I'll b uploading 2morro nyt
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 11:12pm On Dec 22, 2013
Ok man, we wil be here waiting patiently, bt slickest should i upload Onome's pic datz wit me?
Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 5:44am On Dec 23, 2013
^^
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2013
T gold: Ok man, we wil be here waiting patiently, bt slickest should i upload Onome's pic datz wit me?
Are u in d pix with her?
Re: The Diary by ProfGday(m): 10:05am On Dec 23, 2013
@ slickest. Cut d crap and upload d damn story. I'm running out of patience.
Re: The Diary by ugoezeik(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Guy, d best U can do to urself is to finish dis story! For almost 3weeks now U av bn writing d story. Wat if U r ask to write a whole bible, dat means it wil take U 10yrs na abi? Mtchewwwww
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
ugoezeik: Guy, d best U can do to urself is to finish dis story! For almost 3weeks now U av bn writing d story. Wat if U r ask to write a whole bible, dat means it wil take U 10yrs na abi? Mtchewwwww
guy keep quiet! U tink say e na beans for person to form story! Not just an ordinary one! But one dat is full of horror!
Instead of u to say words dat will motivate him to finish d story! U r talking nonsense!

1 Like

Re: The Diary by Wealthyone: 9:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
I understand d fact dat everyone including myself wanna enjoy d whole story @ once if possible but let's be patient as the writer has other commitments in real life rather Dan writing to quench our insatiable thirst here. I'm not a writer, but I know it ain't easy to write let alone a *brain making* story like this. Remember we ain't paying a dime for reading dis and he owe us nothing as well. Pls, let's respect the writer and motivate him with kind words.

ugoezeik: Guy, d best U can do to urself is to finish dis story! For almost 3weeks now U av bn writing d story. Wat if U r ask to write a whole bible, dat means it wil take U 10yrs na abi? Mtchewwwww
Prof Gday: @ slickest. Cut d crap and upload d damn story. I'm running out of patience.
Prof Gday:
@ slickest. Cut d crap and upload d damn story. I'm running out of patience.
Re: The Diary by Slipknot(m): 9:39pm On Dec 23, 2013

guy person like you no go fit write a story about hw u spent ur day, and u dey here dey complain about someone forming stories from his head like say u are paying for it. Mtchewwwwwww!
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 12:15am On Dec 24, 2013
Issue 32
------------------------------------------------------------------
I looked at the kind hearted doctor as I wiped my tears off my cheek, I thanked him for his concern and rolled my eyes to his offer, I thought of turning down his proposal because I didn't want anyone else to know of my dark and hideous ordeal, on the other hand I thought I needed answers to some disturbing questions, after so much time spent on my internal deliberation I decided to accept his offer, I nodded in response and thanked him again. He supported me to stand on my feet and I in turn shook his hand, he called on a nurse to walk me back to my ward but I didn't know how to tell her I wanted somewhere else where I wasn't alone, just then I realised that almost all those that got close me ended up dead, I kept to myself and just followed her, I was tired of seeing blood and also tired of running, all these was getting close to my loved ones and I had to solve it my self ...and my one hand.. She shut the door just after she said "good night" with a bright smile on her face, I thought to myself that I wouldn't want to see such a beautiful angel haunt me, the door gently closed and I also quickly wiped off the smile of fear from my face, I stared at the window where Kako looked at me from, I just prayed he doesn't pop out like they all do. Hours passed and silence began to rule, I peeped from the square space covered with glass on the front door to check if people were still moving freely, I had been doing that for minutes and every time I checked, the nurses that passed by reduced. It was midnight and every one had gone to bed, I didn't hear the knocks of nurses shoes nor the murmurs of patients from other wards, I could hear the low tone hiss from the fluorescent tube in my ward, I could hear the wind touch the glass of the window, and the knocks from shoes from the ground floor...it was so silent I could hear my heart beat.

Tick tock the second hand from the clock said as I groped all around with my eyes, I looked straight at the clock and it was 1:00am in the morning, there was now complete silence as there was nothing that could compete with the dead air, I gradually got on my bed suddenly there was a sound coming fom the passage, it was a metallic sound, it sounded like someone hit a metal to the ground, I sat up immediately but it got worse when the metal started lugging on the tiled floor, it got louder as it got close to my ward, I stood up and walked close to the glass opening on the door to look if could catch a glimpse of who was dragging or what was being dragged, I slowly stood up and headed for the opening but....

I ran back and fell to the ground, I was already sweating as I stared at. The opening on the door, who I was looking at was staring back at me in the eye, I looked at the time and it was just minutes past one, I knew it was going to be a long night that's if I was going to last till morning. Doctor Eugene stood in front of the glass in the passage with his all black iris, he still didn't move even when I took steps back probably because he knew I had no where to run to, I saw anger in his eyes but I couldn't stand his stare as it felt like my head was going to explode. I stopped looking at him but I could feel his presence, the dragging iron on the tile didn't stop even after I sighted doctor Eugene, the sound from the passage got louder as it increased the tempo of my heart beat, voices started following as unusual knocks on the tiled floor followed, "Jooooohnnn....jooohhhnnnn..." They whispered, I knew what was going on and I dare not step out, they were all ready to end my existence but I wasn't, that was what led to the amputation of my hand and this time it might be my head. I looked back at the opening on the door as the long dragged instrument was already at the door, just then I saw Nnenna stand right in front of doctor Eugene, she stopped and looked through the opening with her broken skull, she moved her lips but I heard her loud and clear like she was talking in my ears, "you must die..." She said, just then I heard a baby's cry right in front of my door, it was right there I began to realise that it was an arrival...an arrival of the dead...

They all began to walk through the wall one after the other, all with different instruments to aid their killing, I had no where to run as I could only take steps back, I shouted at the top of my voice but I couldn't even hear my own voice, I kept moving back expecting to get to the wall and wait for my death, I put my legs in my bag's rope and it all got twisted around my leg, I fell and hit my head hard on the wall, my vision became immediately blurry as I passed out gradually, a sudden voice screamed for help just before I closed my eyes..it sounded very familiar and in pains too, it sounded like my mothers voice but I didn't know where it was coming from, I blacked out and lost contact with the real world.

I jumped up at the opening of my ward door, "oh my God...were you sleep walking.." The nurse asked as she ran towards me, I was having a terrible headache but was still wondering why I wasn't dead, I was so confused that I wasn't really bothered I was alive anymore, I was so confused if I am just living in a dream, confusion kept circling as I tried figuring the reason behind them not doing anything to me when ever I black out, same happened at the accident scene, all my questions only left me at a junction of darkness. The nurse helped me up and sat me on my bed, I clumsily sat but was still disturbed by migraine, I pointed my head without giving her any answer to her questions, she quickly ran out of the ward and was already calling out to the doctor, I relaxed on my bed but kept my eyes opened.

The doctor returned with the nurse who looked so concerned about me, the doctor asked me some questions that I could only nod to so as to reply, he ordered the nurse to get pain killers so as to relief me of my pain, she did as she was told while I stared at the doctor in the eye, " my brother is on his way troubled one..my driver went to bring him...we will solve your case my friend, do not worry..." The doctor said as he patted my shoulder. The doctor sat with me for hours telling me he wasn't on duty anymore and that he was going to be on the night shift, he said he wishes to keep me company till his brother arrives from Asaba...I began to wonder why the doctor would be so interested in MY story, it baffled me but in time more light would shed ....

3 Likes

Re: The Diary by Clemzy16(m): 5:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Mehn....doctor? This is their new tactics to haunt you more
Re: The Diary by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 24, 2013
Eyah! I dey pity for d john sha!
One handed john!
Re: The Diary by Ralphjoe(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2013
Hmmm @op, nice update, i must commend you, you get me on my toes in each of your updates***suspence*** please bro when should we expect your next update?
Re: The Diary by Missmossy(f): 10:21pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ehya poor John is being haunted.
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Slickest:
Are u in d pix with her?
yez bozz
Re: The Diary by Damlesky(m): 10:24pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ralphjoe: Hmmm @op, nice update, i must commend you, you get me on my toes in each of your updates***suspence*** please bro when should we expect your next update?
next year
Re: The Diary by Tgold1(m): 10:38pm On Dec 24, 2013
Should i upload it?
Re: The Diary by Slickest(m): 11:22pm On Dec 24, 2013
Issue 33
------------------------------------------------------------------
I really didn't pay attention to the doctor's gist as I was trying to get somethings right in my head, I was very sure I heard my mother's voice before I passed out earlier, I wondered where it came from but the best answer I got was to wonder, to wander recalling the incident that occurred before dawn, since there wasn't a convincing and specific reason why I heard my mother's voice, I needed to wait for the best solution that was already on its way, I had the hope and belief I would find mother. I looked at the doctor who was still sunk in whatever he was talking about, I wasn't interested nor was I willing to comment, I just waited patiently for the momentary messiah who would reveal the concealed.

The doctor received a call and it was obvious the long awaited messiah had arrived, I stood up while the doctor went out of the ward to receive him, I anticipated answers and not the man as I couldn't wait to start stabbing him with questions that bothers my existence. I lined up my questions in such a way I would get answers from him because that is the only way I can save my precious mother, I thought I haven't been religious enough to solve this spiritual problem of mine and I have this feeling that God has deserted me because of my atrocity that has led me to this path of gradual destruction, if only I had been truthful with my profession, if only I had channelled my creativity in to a more positive path, if only I hadn't let money rule all of my desires and dreams, if only I had just left married Mama Sunday alone, if only I had just told the truth of what I did, if only was all that beclouded my thoughts... I regretted all my actions and had a run through of all that I have been through in less than a month, from the invitation of Kako to the death of my neighbour Mama Sunday, leading to the death of my cousin , then my girlfriend, then her sister, then the old man on the out skirt, the nurse followed by the doctor, I just smiled and said " ...been through a lot in such a short while...". I heard foot steps from the passage approaching my ward, I knew the long awaited moment had arrived, I calmed my nerves and looked straight at the door as it opened slowly.

The doctor came in first and Sam was accompanied by a nurse who held his hand, "...we meet again my friend... you are still alive... You are one kicker... Survivor... I like that about you.." Sam said as he came in groping his hands around, he was helped to a seat where he sat comfortably with a broad smile on his face, he asked the nurse and his brother the doctor to leave us alone, the doctor reluctantly left as he conspicuously wasn't happy with the blind man's request, the door was shut and we were all alone. " You don't need to ask me any question John, have you forgotten I know it as you think it?.... Your mother is alive John but she dies by each passing day...you make them more fierce and stronger each time you slip away...hehehe...John...you will die... You can't save your mother...more people will end up dead as long as you live...you can't fight ghosts John...have you ever wondered why they all come after you immediately they die, even those you didn't kill?...Odika is a powerful man, he deals in anything spiritual most especially the dead...you worsened the case when one of his own died... well, all those that haunt you have all been mandated spiritually by Odika to haunt, hunt and kill whoever knows something about their death and is not talking, your cousin will only rest if you bury him and let his mother know he is dead, then shall he let you be, as for the others, they won't stop till you're dead...you must have noticed they leave at every point you pass out, you'll also wonder why they don't attack you when you are asleep...yes they can't, they can't do you anything whilst you're unconscious because you are invisible, they can't see you because you're off their radar...but they come immediately they pick up signals of your consciousness...you can't sleep forever John...you can't..." Sam explained, I was dumbfounded as I could only stare at him with his unbelievable explanation, "...So where is my mother?.." I asked him, for the first time Sam stayed silent, he couldn't answer my question as he shook his head rapidly like he was trying to remember something, "I don't know....I can't see her...I don't know your next move...I can't see anything...its all dark...I can't see beyond today...I can't see tomorrow...I don't understand...this has never happened before..its strange.." He replied as he stammered all through, he looked confused and scared, I felt scared too but I thought to myself " a man's gatta to do what a man's gatta do...even if its with a hand...", I stood up immediately and picked up my bag, I got in to my slippers and told him I was going home. "I read that you're planning to save her John..you will fail....you will die..." He shouted as he tried getting off his seat, I got close to him pushing him on the shoulder back to his seat, "...you don't know that...you can't see tomorrow remember?...and one more thing..you can't see tomorrow because you'll die today... I have to leave so you can see it.." I said in a very confident tone, I left him stunned as the look on his face couldn't hide it, I walked towards the door like I already have solutions to my problems.

I went to the doctor's office who started ranting immediately I walked in, "that man chose to die a pauper, he is literate but prefers living like an uneducated fool...he has a gift, I am a professional...we can conquer the world with what he has, we can make history but instead he has decided to waste it... He doesn't know how important it is to see what is yet to happen..nature bestows gifts to those who'll waste them" he complained, I didn't know what to say to his heartfelt complain, I only came to see him if he could help me with some sleeping tablets and little change to take me to Lagos, but it appears he is not in a very good mood to grant requests, I just swallowed my saliva very slowly and watched him as he ignored my presence to continue his rant over his brother who didn't yield to his advice.
Re: The Diary by aytuns(m): 12:31am On Dec 25, 2013
Thanks for the double update today slickest. . I hope you have a ghost free night
Re: The Diary by youthmustwork: 1:18am On Dec 25, 2013
Still following

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

James Nwoye Adichie's Burial: Chimamanda Adichie Buries Her Father (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie Calls Out The Catholic Church At Her Mother's Funeral Mass / Oceanofpdf.com Is Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.