Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State (11459 Views)

Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m / A $250m Question: Can The Akwa Ibom International Stadium Become Profitable? / GE Breaks Ground For $250m Manufacturing And Assembly Plant In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by bloggernaija: 9:45am On Aug 08, 2013
Nice to see the fruit of their labour and outreach bearing fruit.
If not for the crisis in the north and some stupid elites from there,they would have been part of the renaissance too.
Imagine a place like kaduna with over a 100 closed down textile mills .
Imagine what would happen to unemployment if they start working again.
The ACN governors should endearvour to start building new industrial estate.
Oyo state should leverage her position as a major educational centre to leverage on the over 100 billion dollars infotech outsourcing sector.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by basilo101: 9:59am On Aug 08, 2013
SW shud be careful with all these foreign invaders. Development is nt only abt wat is sited in ur land, it shud also include wat u own.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Gbawe: 10:25am On Aug 08, 2013
A visiting team from the us congress was even in Ogun to witness the current impressive effort towards infrastructural development. Naturally, their positive reports will benefit Ogun State as it will influence potential US investors to seriously consider the State as an investment partner/destination.

Honestly, governors need to be up and doing in Nigeria because the world, due to several conditions, is now looking at nations like Nigeria as viable investment destination. Governors working proactively on transport, security, healthcare, tax reform, simplification of land acquisition/registration, reduction of trade/business bureaucracy et al will naturally see their States become more attractive to investors worldwide.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ogun-woos-us-on-investment/

Ogun woos US on investment

on August 08, 2013 / in Business 12:20 am / Comments

Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun has called on the US to partner with his administration in its ongoing rebuilding agenda. Amosun made the call in Abeokuta when he received a delegation of the U.S. Congress, led by Mr Jeffrey Hawkins, the U.S. Consular-General to Nigeria.

The governor particularly requested the U.S. to invest in the non-oil sector in Ogun state. He said that the state was blessed with many mineral deposits in commercial quantities, and that such resources include bitumen, kaolin phosphate, granite and limestone.

Amosun, who urged the U.S. Government to take advantage of the business opportunities in the state, said that Ogun was open to genuine investors.

The governor described the state as the investment destination of choice, and assured the team of a conducive business climate and encouraging returns on investment.

Hawkins had earlier said the team was on a mission to know more about Nigeria, adding that the delegation was in Ogun to witness the ongoing infrastructure development in the state.

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by van909: 10:57am On Aug 08, 2013
Kudos to ogun state governor for dis massive development, though i'm frm d 9ja delta bt i'm happy dat dis is happenin in my country and i pray there is peace in the north so dat d development will spread to every part of the country. One 9ja, One luv.

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by EPOMA(m): 11:04am On Aug 08, 2013
Yorubest: Yorubaland is progressing again just like they did as the Western Region before the military incursion in politics.

I urge every Yoruba man and woman, boy and girl, irrespective of political or religious inclinations, to support the DAWN agenda

Yorubaland o ni baje

Funcken tribalist, why cant you just comment without bring in tribe
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by defashan: 11:19am On Aug 08, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

Oyo-"Oyo oni daru"
Ondo-"Ishe Logun Ishe"
Ekiti-(can't remember)

Anambra-"Home for all"...including calabar destitutes and warri beggars.. grin grin...

In the nearest future when afam and his umunna start suffering from alcoholis foetalis/adultalis from all the breweries located east of the niger we will be shipping correct drugs to omoibos...that is if they didnt patronise made in onitsha head bridge first.

2 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Itoroetti(m): 11:35am On Aug 08, 2013
Standing5: Let them go try that in some southern states like Rivers, Delta, Part of Edo, Bayelsa and see if 30 % of that money wouldn't be used for community settlement before the impose their local labourers on them. Ogun deserves all what they are getting today.

See how shallow ur thought are.so u assume sw is more developed than the SS.
I weep 4u
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 08, 2013
Itoroetti :

I weep 4u
weep for urself,it wont change d fact dat ogun is industrailizing

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by orgasticdance: 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
Yorubest: Yorubaland is progressing again just like they did as the Western Region before the military incursion in politics.

I urge every Yoruba man and woman, boy and girl, irrespective of political or religious inclinations, to support the DAWN agenda

Yorubaland o ni baje
kolomentality at its ignorant peak, wat happened to using the brawns and brains of ur local talent to build a world class plant, spread the love/greed to other states and african countries and compete with Pand G on a grand scale like chinese companies are doing today. This is nothing to celebrate.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
malc619: Kudos also to GEJ......

Not that he did anything, but let's just carry him along so he doesn't feel left out
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by 2map(m): 12:59pm On Aug 08, 2013
These are things bound to happen when you have a good head. Kudos to Amosun.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by 0monnakoda: 1:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
aasog1:

I'm not here to promote any party, but .......
You will promote a party anyway.

lol.

The P&G plant is good news for Ogun State. Ire a kari o
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by 0monnakoda: 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2013
orgasticdance:
kolomentality at its ignorant peak, wat happened to using the brawns and brains of ur local talent to build a world class plant, spread the love/greed to other states and african countries and compete with Pand G on a grand scale like chinese companies are doing today. This is nothing to celebrate.
I do not see this as kolomentality and I beg you to mention ONE Chinese product that competes with P&G products just one infact can you name ONE Chinese brand of FMCG e.g toilet soap,detergent or toothpaste. it is Companies like P&G that made China let us not kid ourselves. Yes the Chinese were and are smart but I struggle to hink of any significant Chinese brand look around is it Nokia Samsung Nike Kodal,Compaq Sony,they are all in China
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by agbameta: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
DAWN in full effect...

Long Live the great SWern states of OODUA.

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by agbameta: 2:04pm On Aug 08, 2013
DEVELOPMENT AGENDA FOR WESTERN NIGERIA (DAWN)

http://www.inspectnaija.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/DAWN-EXECUTIVE-SUMMARY.pdf

13. CONCLUSION

In conclusion, Yorubaland possess the resources, the talent, the ethos and if mustered, the will, to chart a new course of action that will transform the Region from its current unenviable state into the 21st century economy, with modern infrastructure, leveraging the collective strength and capacity of a productive and happy people, and becoming indeed the first place of choice to live, to work and to visit by all peoples across the world.
Their Excellencies the Governors of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Oyo, also mobilising their other colleagues across the old Western Nigeria, and Yoruba people in Kwara, Kogi, and indeed all over the world must lead this effort.
This is a compelling demand by posterity.
DAWN is a compelling demand for posterity.

Omo Yoruba ise ti ya

I love my people..

3 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by CyberG: 2:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
I can't but say I am really impressed by the strides being made by the Yoruba South West of Nigeria. Hopefully, all Yorubas from the days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo would at some point impress it upon the governments (State and Federal) of the need for the mistaken re-arrangement of our lands by bad belly politics back to their God-ordained land - the Motherland! I only want to be reading positive news like this one oh peoples!

I have said it severally and I don't care to repeat / type it again of the kind of progress I would like for the Yoruba people! The DAWN document goes to exhaustive extents to articulate a very broad and impressive vision! I am confident that, except for reasons of empty pride and in order not to be seen to be copying just like they did in the days of Chief Awolowo, the ever jealous parts of Nigeria will co-opt the ideas! Make sure you cite appropriately giving credits to the original owners of the ideas - plagiarism is immoral, intellectual fraud and a crime!

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by DeSheikh(m): 2:56pm On Aug 08, 2013
this is stale news. the P&G plant is almost nearing completion. Ground breaking was done since 2012. and FYI, P&G has been in Nigeria since 1992. First Plant is in Oluyole, Ibadan (where Pampers, Always,Ariel and Vicks are produced). Another Plant in Lagos produces the current No. 1 antiseptic soap in the world (SAFEGUARD) which is already catching up with the market leader (Dettol). P&G is a truly multinational company and currently employs hundreds of Nigerians (paying one of the highly competitive salaries in the industry).
The Agbarra plant is a move to meet the ever growing demand for P&G's life improving brands whose demand far outweighs the production capacity of the existing manufacturing plants.
and FYI, I speak from an insider point of view (just in case you were wondering).
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by CyberG: 2:57pm On Aug 08, 2013
I like to see Lagos maintain it's business, industrial, technology, transportation leadership while adding tourism on a massive scale! Again, people who are not natively from the State or Yorubaland who are constituting a nuisance be removed for goodness sake! The Yorubas from Lagos who are in other States even in the SW should be brought back, it is really a good thing because ultimately we are working towards the same goal, the money spent in taking care of them is money spent from our ultimate shared "pockets"! Of course, let the Yorubas in the states, even when poor or sick, be taken care of in the best way possible before being re-united back with their families. Non-Yorubas who contribute financially (taxes), work to sweep and clean our lands, contribute something even real hardwork can by all means stay for now only the state governments should be enumerating each of these people regularly and enacting the most comprehensive taxation system in our states so no one benefits without paying a fair share! The destitutes, lazy, criminals (a lot of them cause only problems and reduce the quality of our Yoruba country-state) should be removed and transported back to their States with due process! The lazy and irresponsible governments who play politics and do not show-up to carry their people should be pre-informed that such human cargo will be delivered to their lands at any convenient time of the 24 hour day so if they don't want them at 3 pm, they should be on sit by 9 am in the morning so they can receive them and take care of them!

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by CyberG: 3:25pm On Aug 08, 2013
I would like to see Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Lagos and Ondo developed like parts of the same body with each complementing each other, until the Region (City-State) is completely self-sustaining and self-reliant! We should have standardized healthcare and education among the states and this is important because with the aggressive enumeration, moving to any of the states requires you to be registered in order to access healthcare, education and public (government) services for yourself, wife and children! To be resident and qualify for healthcare, you will need to be in the state for 3 months at least, so that people do not just start moving to get free healthcare paid off the tax payers back! We should have at least one tertiary healthcare centre in each of the states, several secondary and smaller medical clinics. These alone will generate a lot of revenue from out of state patients who fly in and who are not resident but Nigerians from other states who have not organized their systems.

Education wise, there should be free and compulsory free education, aggressively implemented for Yoruba SW children, daily monitoring in which houses are checked and if any small child is found hiding, or doing menial work, they should be taken to school and such parents or guardians handed heavy fines and even prosecution for repeat offenders! At higher levels, their should be a differential fee structure for Yoruba students, residents and non-resident - non-Yoruba! The differential fees will help to further develop our schools systems and make it standardized! I can go on and on! grin grin

I would also like the Yoruba country-state to in the shortest period of time begin to organize our regions to emphasize certain areas as capitals, for higher specialization and core concentration of skills and capability! Lagos will remain our ever significant big business capital! The administrative capital for the region-state should be in Ibadan (Oyo State) as well as our military-industrial complex reminiscent of the ancient Oyo and Ibadan war history and heritage! High technology center (a la Silicon Valley, Japan, Singapore, Taiwan, etc) should be cited at a convenient central location to be easily accessible by our major universities and people. I think the Lagos, Ogun, Oyo axis will be just great and away from the huge traffic of Lagos of course! Our oil city capital will do great in Ondo State with other refineries in Lagos of course since they are both coastal states with significant shoreline, huge oil transport pipelines can be used to connect the two with landing point in Ogun (also along the shoreline). In Oyo, Ekiti and Osun State, I would like our industrial farming centres to be created both plants and animals! Every Yorubas State has significant tourism potential and I would like each state to develop that capability for one day, it will be possible to have foreigners who are ever curious to know of our history to take a safari from Lagos to Ogun to Oyo to Osun to Ekiti to Ondo just to learn about us and our language! Such tourism organized in a standard way is pure foreign exchange with job opportunities for our older parents and college graduates all smartly dressed and ever ready to showcase our hospitality, vibrant culture and our new organized cities to the whole world!

5 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Standing5(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
Itoroetti :

I weep 4u
No i am not assuming anywhere is developed than the SS but pointing out to people like you why the likes of shell wake up one day and decide they are leaving Warri and why P&G probably won't consider doing business in SS even though SS is well positioned.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by agbameta: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2013
I see industrialization moving away from Lagos to deep inside the SW because Lagos state is at it's MAX, the only room they have left is for tourism and finance and corporate administration.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by CyberG: 4:42pm On Aug 08, 2013
agbameta: I see industrialization moving away from Lagos to deep inside the SW because Lagos state is at it's MAX, the only room they have left is for tourism and finance and corporate administration.

No industrialization should not and will not move away from Lagos. Maybe you meant extending deeper into the Yoruba SW? A place cannot be industrialized enough for even developed countries keep developing and re-developing all over again, we see it everyday. I want Lagos to take it's tourism several notches higher and continually cement its place as the business, finance and business headquarters of the country (while it remains and ultimately the Yoruba City-State when Nigeria calls it a day!). I hope the Lekki Airport, FTZ and Eko Atlantic make quick progress too! grin grin
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Soary: 5:05pm On Aug 08, 2013
Salmoneus: Ok, so where would they get the basic electricity to power this mega plant?
They will get electricity the way other big factories in Nigeria are getting it.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by TCUBE(m): 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2013

Yorubaland o ni baje

never hear do DAWN agenda. what is it?
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by ooshinibos: 5:10pm On Aug 08, 2013
Salmoneus: Ok, so where would they get the basic electricity to power this mega plant?
solar power or go the Nigerian way - THE GENERATOR REPUBLIC
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by pandriod: 5:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
small time, ibos will invade the area and even later claimed to have developed the place. Take note of the invading parasites.

God bless south west in particular cool

2 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Gbawe: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2013
agbameta: I see industrialization moving away from Lagos to deep inside the SW because Lagos state is at it's MAX, the only room they have left is for tourism and finance and corporate administration.

I think the way to begin looking at things is to view the SW as a single socio-economic bloc. In theory, if transport link is optimally good then most companies could essentially accept operating from any State in the region. This is why linking all States in the South West effectively, through aggressively upgraded transport infrastructure, is perhaps the utmost priority for the regional integration office.
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by 0monnakoda: 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2013
These are good developments but we should not gloat>Ultimately it is good for the entire Nigeria to develop and also our West African neighbours as the EU nations have learnt.I am not saying we should wait for anyone but we must be national and even international in our political outlook.We must care about illiteracy and religious extremism in Northern Nigeria and even Niger republic. There is an emerging evil in Nigeria and that is hard drugs it is really taking root and can undo most of the progress we are celebrating. I am talking of manufacured tablets and stimuants in home laboratories in Festac and other Lagos suburbs it is a cancer and so we must be holistic in pursuing development.What can we do about those who are setting up these labs with as much planning as Procter and Gamble?? We can influence many of these hings when we have influence at the centre. I prefer the term influence to power. Gradually we should move to a situation where the police are indigenous except those required for extreme situations e.g Mobile Police then we can start dealing with the cockroaches who wish to destroy our society with their drugs.

1 Like

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by dossantos1: 5:57pm On Aug 08, 2013
omo ogun ise'ya

now those yoruba haters will , we are the one that develope lagos, oyo,ogun,osun,ekiti.

aree you talking about the bigot igbos? ah no be me talk am ooh
southwest alway miles ahead of the rest and we will always vote leaders that will better our lifes unlike the tribe that vote based on party affliation, religion & foolishness and at the end they keep on running away from their ancestral home cos it is always dry

my fellow oduduwa ppl lets keep up the good, intelligent,strategic planninng spirit of our fore father that made sure all the 1st good thing are cited in our ancestral land
.1st church in abeokuta
.1st bible in abeokuta
.1st story building in badagry lagos
.1st skyscrapper in ibadan
.1st industrial estate in the old western region
.1st higgher institutn(yabatech) in lagos
1st secondary skoo CMS grammer skoo lagos
.1st primary skoo in lagos
.1st university in ibadan
.1st teaching hospital in badan
.1st hospital in lagos
.1st TV station in ibadan
.1st radio station in ibadan
.1st railway line
.1st airport
.1st seaport
the list is endless, lets all continue to distinguish ourselfs in our chosen field then we continue to lead while the igbos follow us and envy us

OMO OOODUAH TOKAN TOKAN

3 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by FRANCOBEN(m): 6:03pm On Aug 08, 2013
De Sheikh: this is stale news. the P&G plant is almost nearing completion. Ground breaking was done since 2012. and FYI, P&G has been in Nigeria since 1992. First Plant is in Oluyole, Ibadan (where Pampers, Always,Ariel and Vicks are produced). Another Plant in Lagos produces the current No. 1 antiseptic soap in the world (SAFEGUARD) which is already catching up with the market leader (Dettol). P&G is a truly multinational company and currently employs hundreds of Nigerians (paying one of the highly competitive salaries in the industry).
The Agbarra plant is a move to meet the ever growing demand for P&G's life improving brands whose demand far outweighs the production capacity of the existing manufacturing plants.
and FYI, I speak from an insider point of view (just in case you were wondering).
Who is this insider,,Reckitt Benckiser still rocks,,,where is safeguard when we talk of detail..safeguard can't never be no 1..so proud of Reckitt Benckiser...
Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by dossantos1: 6:06pm On Aug 08, 2013
0monnakoda: These are good developments but we should not gloat>Ultimately it is good for the entire Nigeria to develop and also our West African neighbours as the EU nations have learnt.I am not saying we should wait for anyone but we must be national and even international in our political outlook.We must care about illiteracy and religious extremism in Northern Nigeria and even Niger republic. There is an emerging evil in Nigeria and that is hard drugs it is really taking root and can undo most of the progress we are celebrating. I am talking of

manufacured tablets and stimuants in home laboratories in Festac and other Lagos suburbs it is a cancer and so we must be holistic in pursuing development.What can we do about those who are setting up these labs with as much planning as Procter and Gamble?? We can influence many of these hings when we have influence at the centre. I prefer the term influence to power. Gradually we should move to a situation where the police are indigenous except those required for extreme situations e.g Mobile Police then we can start dealing with the cockroaches who wish to destroy our society with their drugs.

thats why Fashola began the deportation of those tribe that majorly engaged counterfeiting drugs that have lead many to uuntimely death, fake spare parts that have caused countless avoidable accidents, kidnapping that pose a great threat to southwest continuing to attract both foreign & local investors,
i will implore other southwest govnors to begin the same exercise we shudnt just watch and allow this criminal minded ppl to pollute and corrupt our soceity

2 Likes

Re: Procter & Gamble To Build $250M Plant In Ogun State by Yorubest: 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2013
TCUBE:

never hear do DAWN agenda. what is it?

It's the Development Agenda for Western Nigeria

It's an economic integration of SW states

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The World-class Roads In Onitsha: Anambra. A Human Tragedy. Pictures.. / Special Announcement: Inauguration Of Pdp National Campaign Council / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit $44bn First Time In 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.