Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) (33683 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / What Does The Bible Say About Drinking Alcohol/wine? Is It A Sin For A Christian / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Drink Alcohol / Wine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Hardeyoye: 1:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=lanrexlan]The bible advise christians to drink wine and beer to forget their sorrows.
Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)- Give beer to those who are perishing,wine to those who are in anguish;let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more
The bible also recommends wine in preference to water.
1 Timothy 5:23 (NIV) -Stop drinking only water,and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses

And are u perishing? And does the bible say when they drink that their poverty is gone? Coming to Timothy, are u sick like him? Will u pray for what happened to him to happen to u so dat someone can recommend alcohol for u? Wisdom is what is required here.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by raeez(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
This thread shows how contradictory the bible is on just one topic
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by kliq(m): 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
lipsrsealed

1759!
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by thelonestranger: 1:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
taiocol:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/what-the-bible-says-about-drinking-alcohol.html

At OP . That is all in the OLD TESTAMENT . We are in the NEW DISPENSATION now. Anything goes grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Petbuk123(m): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
It takes extra grace,interpretatn 4rm d holy spirit b4 we cn realy understand d bible,d holy bible s never a novel 2 interpret,directly drinking alcohol?even ur body knw its a sin dts why it react 2 it wen it cant take it anymore.

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by aries234: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
These are clear evidences that the bible contradicts itself
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Sike(m): 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dont Drink if Una no fit hold body. TheEnd.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by yusufu16: 1:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ya'll drunkers dont be deceived DRINKING IS NOT A SIN however I WOULD ADVISE TO STOP DRINKING AS ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by babsomotde(m): 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
JESUS CHRIST GIVES A RICH AND SATISFYING LIFE TO THOSE WHO FOLLOW HIM (JOHN 10:10) That's my stake and take on this matter of Beer and Wine.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by seaman007: 2:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
lanrexlan: The bible advise christians to drink wine and beer to forget their sorrows.
Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)- Give beer to those who are perishing,wine to those who are in anguish;let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.
1 Timothy 5:23 (NIV) -Stop drinking only water,and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

My broda don't misinterprete d bible
Read that passage from The begining king lemuel mother waS advicing her son.
Vs 4 says
Listen lemuel kings should not drink wine or have a craving
For alchohol
Vs 5 says
When they drink they forget the laws and ignore d right of
People in need.
Vs 6 was d crap u quoted
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by iamdsam: 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
Drinking is no sin but when drunk, it can lead to sin. Drunkeness can lead one to do things that you won't do in your normal state. I've experienced it twice and I regretted it because it made me to do and attempt things that I won't do nor try in my normal sense. Please abstain from drinking. Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by DIVINE78: 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
azeezlateefah: in ISLAM anything that will intoxicate you is forbiden....Christianity is Man made joor...gbagbe Oshi...
13 years old girl *toto* dey intoxicate o. Ask Yerima.

2 Likes

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by dmcdad: 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
taiocol: if u read no.4 it was stated "Take a little"
What are you really after? Are you after the quantity or not drinking at all?

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
Yungwizzzy: so what's your point? I should stop drinking? never!!!!!

you can't deceive me!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Vinx4Christ(m): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
"and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God." (Galatians 5:21).
"Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:18).
Many christian or people will like to compromise the Gospel to their own sinful way of living, interpreting the Bible to encourage their sinful way of Living. The provb.31 dat u qoute are u telling me dat u are among the perishin? If u a true born again U have to save God in Truth and Spirit.God bless u
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Lilimax(f): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
azeezlateefah: in ISLAM anything that will intoxicate you is forbiden....Christianity is Man made joor...gbagbe Oshi...
what are u ranting? Islam is made by who? ...borne out of terrorism or peadophile? I guess
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by jhon2020: 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
Drinking is never a sin, geting drunk is a sin. After all u need small quatity of alcohol in your body.wine contains alcohol and Jesus turned water into wine nd even d garri u take contains alcohol,so evry1 has taken alchol one way or the other
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Debroslink: 3:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
Drinking is not a sin But getting drunk is... is it not the same as smooching a girl is not a sin,but fuuking her is.
Jesus, give me more grace to maintain d old time religion, and not to be blown away by last days doctrines.
When the Son of man comes, will He find faith on the earth?
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by anonimi: 3:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
Zamoni: hmmm,people jst dy teach wrong teaching this days,if u be drunkards go change oooo,abeg go read 1cor 6vs9-10.

You obviously do not know that not all who drink are drunkards. Or do yo?
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by AMossley(m): 3:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
lanrexlan: My religion never supports alcoholic drinks in any manner.
O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling,using arrows for seeking luck or decision are abominations of satan's handiwork.So avoid strictly that abominations in order that you may be successful[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
Thanks for the advice though.
but support smoking?case study:The hausas can smoke a packet of cigarettes each between each interval of your 5 praying times
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by nyabingi(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=lanrexlan]The bible advise christians to drink wine and beer to forget their sorrows.
Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)- Give beer to those who are perishing,wine to those who are in anguish;let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.
1 Timothy 5:23 (NIV) -Stop drinking only water,and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.
[/quote

you must be a catholic...the exact quote one uncle, a member of leity council used to give in excuse for his drunkeness, sadly he died of liver falure
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by nyabingi(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
A.Mossley:

but support smoking?case study:The hausas can smoke a packet of cigarettes each between each interval of your 5 praying times

sani my hausa friend is a chimny personified, during the recent concluded ramadan, the guy breaks his fast with cigarette, he also weeds but guy is very nice!!
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by doctorbabs(m): 3:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
sseunth: well,to me drinking is not the sin.....geting drunk is the sin

Proverb 31v6 Give beer/hard drink to those who want to perish.

stop deceiving urself. leven heathwise.it not advisable to be consuming alcholo, it affect kidney and liver at long run. Stroke, diabete and high blood pressure not far from u. A bottle of beer contain 16 cubes of sugar.

If God didnt against beer, tell ur Pastor to drink one in any of una outing or crusade

1 Like

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by theseeker2: 3:58pm On Aug 11, 2013
Sayyiduna Jabir ibn Abd Allah (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him give him peace) said: “Whatever intoxicates in large quantities, then a small quantity of it is also forbidden”.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Msgamble: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
A.Mossley:

Even most(80%) bar in South-west are owned n patronized by muslim n weed is even healthier than cigareete ..@azeez n raeez, let have civil discusion don't turn this to e-bashing.. D BIBLE frown against reckless drinking, some verse condemmed it entirely while some allows incase of illness,problems buh also condemmed excess drinking..SHALOM
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Topeedo: 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
does dis mean u should also not take anything processed wit alchol too?
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by jidewin(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2013
[quote author=Mazi_Omenuko]Who is this accuser of the bredren asking us not to drink wine? Let me extract some bible verses for you. . .

Psalm 104:15
wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart

My guy,E be like say u don prepare well before you launch.Gbosa for you.However lets add,If alcohol is not suitable for you (medically,Mentally,etc) best you stay off.na booze dey make nija police discharge anyhow yaana yana .smiley
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Reference(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
The poster has a wide spread of scripture (though some off point and others out of context) but enough to say one thing - stay of alcohol in what ever guise, form, time, and atmosphere because the results are universal. It won't end well.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Cwhyte(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
From my knowledge of the Bible, i will conclude that taking alcoholic drinks is not bad, but getting drunk is highly condemned.
Read these passage carefully
Deuteronomy 14:25-26 (CEB)

25 then you can convert it to money. Take the money with you and go to the location the LORD your God selects. 26 Then you can use the money for anything you want: cattle sheep, wine, beer, or whatever else you might like.
Then you should feast there and celebrate in the presence of the LORD your God.

I even heard that the Catholic's holy communium contains a little alcohol.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by confusion247(m): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
Enegod: *drinking beer*
That looks like 24 volts odeko.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos / Revelation As Shown By God To A Young Lady, Shalom David - Tattooing Is A SIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.