Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) (33680 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / What Does The Bible Say About Drinking Alcohol/wine? Is It A Sin For A Christian / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Drink Alcohol / Wine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by japhethlawrence(m): 11:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
lanrexlan: Yeah,but proverbs gives the full authority

In understanding what the Bible actually says, you must not treat a portion in isolation. Only proverbs does not not give full authority. Various portions are used in complementing and understanding certain facts about life issues in the Bible.
On the issue of drinking alcohol or strong drink, it is not wrong based on bible statutes. The sin there is debauchery or Binge, that is drukenness or excessive drinking. That was why Lemuel's mother warned him that it was not for King to drink wine or princes strong drink, lest they drink and pervert justice- Proverbs 31:1-5. For sure, alcohol or strong drinks affect one's senses, that is if they are consumed in excess. It is wrong for one to wake up in the morning, without cleaning himself or herself and go to take a strong drink. That is stupidity!
Please note also that, the wine that was turned from water by Jesus, contained some level of alcohol. That was why the Chief of the party remarked that "why did they keep the best wine for the later time?" If you do not drink, do not conderm those drinking or drinking itself because the bible does not conderm it. What the Bible conderm is excessive drinking or drunkenness.
Apart from drinking of alcohol, anything done in excessiveness is a sin, even eating or consumption of soft drinks. By the way, check very well, edible products that are canned contains some level of alcohol as preservatives. Your wedding, birthday and other party cakes do contain some alcohol too to preserving them.

I will conclude with this statement by Apsotle Paul in Col 2:16 to wit "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbathdays:
- King James Bible "Authorized Version", Cambridge Edition"

Hence things must be done in order, decently and in moderation-1Cor 14:40!
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by japhethlawrence(m): 12:05am On Aug 13, 2013
As for me, I drink but I never get drunk. I know when to cut the shots. If your body nor fit carry am, please leave am, nor be by force to drink alcohol.
Do not come and put law where God did not put law. Anyone that does same, is accursed-Gal 1:8,9.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:55am On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: The bible advise christians to drink wine and beer to forget their sorrows.
Proverbs 31:6-7 (NIV)- Give beer to those who are perishing,wine to those who are in anguish;let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.
The bible also recommends wine in preference to water.
1 Timothy 5:23 (NIV) -Stop drinking only water,and use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

Was Solomon a christian. Timothy was told to drink wine because of his sickness, do you want to be sick like timothy. The bible says run from the appearances of the devil. Next thing people will start saying smoking is not a sin because it is not in the bible.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by naijaboyof4life(m): 6:58am On Aug 13, 2013
lanrexlan: My religion never supports alcoholic drinks in any manner.
O you who believe! Intoxicants and gambling,using arrows for seeking luck or decision are abominations of satan's handiwork.So avoid strictly that abominations in order that you may be successful[Surah Al-Maidah 5:90]
Thanks for the advice though.
but I see a lot of muslims drink it.
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by naijaboyof4life(m): 7:00am On Aug 13, 2013
spongeback: Jesus turned water to wine=====>Not fruit juice

Non alcoholic wine. The Jews were fond of making non alcoholic wine. Because by your statement Jesus made people sin. People didn't just take one cup, they took many cups and kids were also around, it was a ceremony, so you are saying that Jesus would feed people wine that could make them drunk?
Re: What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) by Revolva(m): 8:24am On Aug 13, 2013
even jesus turn water into wine.. and bac then their wine was very strong..and can intoxicate easily...ol boy notin anybody fit tell me..oo..shayo...as u like..jare..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Types Of People Who Wouldn't Like Adeboye's Words Recently / Atiku: Tunde Bakare's Prophecy About Messiah From Adamawa In 2002 / LASG Backs Deeper Life Flyover In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.