Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? (8577 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / How To Prepare Chin-chin For Your Festive Period / If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Donmichaelz(m): 8:52am On Aug 09, 2013
As for me I eat the meat drink the juice or mineral and give the rice to the Almanjeries smiley..What about you?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Freiburger(m): 11:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by tjskii(f): 11:43am On Aug 10, 2013
cheesy this ur que brings bak memories,growing up,my mum used to throw out any food brot to us by neighbors,I used to hunger after those meals,jollof rice,fried meat by our muslim neighbors,puffpuff from d neigbors doin 8days remembrance*sigh*

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by dasparrow: 7:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
@Post

Back in the days as a child, my mother threw away the whole food that were brought by the neighbors and I am here to report that she has not changed. As a kid, I could never grasp why she did that but I certainly understand now that I am a full fledged adult.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by momodub: 2:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
wink
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
I chop the tasty ones and throw out the crappy ones. But i eat all the meat o,tasty or crappy. grin

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by scientology(m): 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
serve it to camels...since they are also arabian animals grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by nakwe(m): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by AnOlAd: 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
I am sorry I don't eat Sara.... Dustbin things straight away... I use to politely say no thank you, but heard that offensive... so my dustbin appreciates it better...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Opey4luv(m): 2:36pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by phil5(m): 2:39pm On Aug 12, 2013
As for me , never eaten becouse my mum do throw them away , she use to say she is not use to eating food outside cos that's the way she was brought up , no matter de kind food ,if u like givam 10 chikens she no go tuch am , wat anoys me is that she use to throw them away , then she go cm tell the person "thank u o , the food sweet well well ".

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
WAT A BONEHEADED THREAD

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by bionicdude(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
me i chop evrytin chopable.last year toothache could not stop i don't see wat can stop me again
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by canalily(m): 2:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
undecided well, bro why do you have to collect it in the first place since you no u wil not eat? Buh u don eat am shocked o o o o ! As u chop d meat and drink d juice so na u eat am.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by heed101(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
For all of u that is saying "dustbin tinz", flush tinz" and d likes, I guess u have enough 2 eat that's y u couldn't appreciate it cheesy. Festive food is for d needy and not 4 d extravaganza

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Odunharry(m): 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2013
na to eat na...or make i return am back?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by wheesin(m): 2:43pm On Aug 12, 2013
I EAT THEM...DIGEST THEM....POPO IT AND RETURN IT BACK..... Sara reciprocation..... ABI. ?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by mesther96(f): 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
we dnt accept it at all! so they do bypass us!smiley
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by 25omega(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
WOW shocked The comments so far have been shocking. Well i grew up in a neighborhood where people actually liked each other and the people you hated knew so they didn't even offer you any food. The food brought by our friends were put in the fridge for later chops grin because we always had so much food already.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by drdams: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by supaeagles(m): 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
I chop it beleful .... I store some in the fridge ..... I also give out some to other people .... not even a rice grain is wasted. I appreciate what ever I get and join in celebrating the festivities.
On Christmas and Easter, the roles are reversed.
wink

7 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by massmedia: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
phil5: As for me , never eaten becouse my mum do throw them away , she use to say she is not use to eating food outside cos that's the way she was brought up , no matter de kind food ,if u like givam 10 chikens she no go tuch am , wat anoys me is that she use to throw them away , then she go cm tell the person "thank u o , the food sweet well well ".
Same with me also,,,but now that am an adult,,i understand why she did all that,,Thank u God for the mother i have......

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by drdams: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mine is the soft drink and meat,and i will give out the food
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by dabrake(m): 2:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
I devour the whole food till the plate is tongue-cleaned
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by aminho(m): 2:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
u threw it out while kids in Somalia are dieing of hunger so good of u

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by tspun(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
no COMMENT.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 2:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
I troway dem inside my belle
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
y u wan no op?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Back in the days as a child, my mother threw away the whole food that were brought by the neighbors and I am here to report that she has not changed. As a kid, I could never grasp why she did that but I certainly understand now that I am a full fledged adult.
you must not eat ant food of the unbelivers
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by NLprincess(f): 2:56pm On Aug 12, 2013
If the person that brought the food is a close friend or neighbour we eat, if otherwise, it ends up in dustbin.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Three Crowns Milk Celebrates Mother’s Day With ‘cook For Mum’ Campaign / Cow Oil (maishanu) / Green Coffee And Roast Coffee For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.