Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? (8585 Views)

My Horrible Experiences With Food Sellers In Lagos / How To Prepare Chin-chin For Your Festive Period / If You Are Given This Type Of Food By Your Inlaws (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by sparta(f): 5:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
Lilimax: what is the title of this movie
why is it a movie? My dad had a similar experience and bcus of that we were brot up to use discretion in eating other peoples food. Aiye wa to ba mo, no be stranger food wey eve acept turn d world upside down?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Feranchek(m): 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
Doze dayz I do enjoy dese ileya and ehm..... daht puffpuff celebration. Omo mehn... twas sweet!! Gat dese ibo neighbours of mine upstairs (we 2 na ibo ooO!), wah dey do wen dese food is given 2 dem is 2 call I and ma younger bro "ugo, eze, una go chop abi? Oya mama say make una bring plate come carrey am!" I already knew so I'm always prepared! E geht 1 dis ma paddy maale and elder ones no kon dey house dem kon share dia sara tinz and I waited 4 ma padi as usual buh I no see am so I went upstairs..... "victor how va na I don wait u 2 bring am come buh e b like say u busy so I say make I show com myself"... na im my guy ask me y I dey boda?? "Maale nor dey bunk na so me don use d opportunity do am ma way. Abi u tink sey I dey happy as I dey gv u and ugo d food and puffpuff chop??" So since daht day, weneva dem share dia Sara tinz we go keep him own den he go com collect am later.....

Mehn...!!! Twas sweet back den!! Till now gan I dey find sallah meat go ma Muslim guyz places even as far as iyana ipaja and ajah.

Neva reject stuffz given 2 u by loved ones cos wen u don't ve, dey might b dere 2 offer a helping hand.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Cocodiva: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Back in the days as a child, my mother threw away the whole food that were brought by the neighbors and I am here to report that she has not changed. As a kid, I could never grasp why she did that but I certainly understand now that I am a full fledged adult.

And you are proud of her actions.Even now as an adult you can't advice her on doing otherwise? Its better and more rewarding not to collect it or collect and give it out to the needy ones than throwing other people's resources and efforts away.besides,there are hundreds of beggers all around that will give everything to have that plate of food she throws away.its good you ask her to repent likewise yourself as you seem to agree with her actions lest God holds you accountable for it.
I don't understand why Xtians behave like this.why do you show eye-service to people and do something terrible behind closed doors and someone will open his/her mouth and say muslims are intolerant.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Mustay(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
opeyemitee: you must not eat food of the unbeliever. It is haram in islam. Anything other than that, you can eat it. There is nothing wrong in it so far you mention God's name before eating it. This promotes unity and love. Once we love oneanother, God will be happy with us and vice versa.

I can see from your posts that you say you're a Muslim. If you're not sure of something, it's better to avoid causing confusion through ignorance. The best is even to cure this ignorance via education or seeking knowledge.

Muslims have an obligation towards their neighbors you must know. I don't want to turn this to a religious thread but I know one Muslims would be careful about is if the food is halal (allowed) or not. So, if you're giving them alcohol and pork for example, they will surely not eat it. Moreover, it's better to give out than to waste food as your religion seriously warns against this to the extent that you don't waste water even if you're at the edge of the sea shocked

Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to be very careful about fulfilling the rights of his neighbors, even non-Muslim ones, and all those with whom he had dealings. He would send food, visit them when they were sick, and so on…The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) is a mercy to humanity as a whole, not just for Muslims. True followers of the Beloved of Allah are the same.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Mustay(m): 6:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
opeyemitee: you must not eat food of the unbeliever. It is haram in islam. Anything other than that, you can eat it. There is nothing wrong in it so far you mention God's name before eating it. This promotes unity and love. Once we love oneanother, God will be happy with us and vice versa.

I can see from your posts that you say you're a Muslim. If you're not sure of something, it's better to avoid causing confusion through ignorance. The best is even to cure this ignorance via education or seeking knowledge.

Muslims have an obligation towards their neighbors you must know. I don't want to turn this to a religious thread but I know one Muslims would be careful about is if the food is halal (allowed) or not. So, if you're giving them alcohol and pork for example, they will surely not eat it. Moreover, it's better to give out than to waste food as your religion seriously warns against this to the extent that you don't waste water even if you're at the edge of the sea shocked

Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to be very careful about fulfilling the rights of his neighbors, even non-Muslim ones, and all those with whom he had dealings. He would send food, visit them when they were sick, and so on…The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) is a mercy to humanity as a whole, not just for Muslims. True followers of the Beloved of Allah are the same.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by gbadexy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
This thread is quite revealing!
I'm a muslim and we eat most if not all the foods given to us during xmas and the remaining is kept in the freezer or given to a guy that sleeps around our area.
I look forward to xmas and we also reciprocate on sallah days. Our friends come over to our house to eat. I am quite shocked that majority of the people actually throw out the food in their homes.
No more sending out sallah foods for ♍ƺ, only friends and well wishers that come over.
Bleep neighborliness, the rest goes to almajiris.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Nigeria is truly and royally fvcked for sure. People are proudly saying they throw out food given in the spirit of celebration and neighbourliness! SMH!!!

I hope these people do not eat at parties sha because party food could just easily be laced with poison or juju as well undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by ceejay80s(m): 7:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Right click - delete - right click on Recycle bìn and clìck empty recycle bin

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Dygeasy(m): 7:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dygeasy: You Banned Me In The Fashion Section. I Didn't Do Anything Wrong.
Some People Can Like Posts Sha. Cheii!

Someone And Someone Liked This Post. Lol... Tjskii Where You At?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by ceejay80s(m): 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
naijababe: Nigeria is truly and royally fvcked for sure. People are proudly saying they throw out for given in the spirit of celebration and neighbourliness! SMH!!!
which neighbourliness? U go chop amadioha one day
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by frenddy6(m): 7:19pm On Aug 12, 2013
Kayusfity: ABEG WHO SABI ASHAWO JOINT FOR IYANA IPAJA?? THIS KONJI WAN KEE ME AND I NO WAN R.A.PE MAKE ANGRY MOB NO BURN ME
u dey craze ni. Na 4 hia dem tek u say ashawo auz dey. Idiot! Ur mate dey marry u dey fyn ashawo!!
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by delpee(f): 7:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
[quote author=DAZZLING M][/quote]

True talk. Human behavior is sometimes unrelated to the religion he/she practices. One only needs to apply wisdom.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 12, 2013
ceejay80s: which neighbourliness? U go chop amadioha one day

Mtchew! Na you go give me chop?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Toecynne(m): 7:38pm On Aug 12, 2013
hopelink1: you must not eat ant food of the unbelivers
u believer?
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by rezzy: 9:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
If dirty people give us food, then our dog will celebrate christmas too. Then during salah, only my brother and our dog eat their food . He doesnt collect from the yoruba muslims because they are so dirty and use red oil to cook their stew.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by rezzy: 9:14pm On Aug 12, 2013
Feranchek: Doze dayz I do enjoy dese ileya and ehm..... daht puffpuff celebration. Omo mehn... twas sweet!! Gat dese ibo neighbours of mine upstairs (we 2 na ibo ooO!), wah dey do wen dese food is given 2 dem is 2 call I and ma younger bro "ugo, eze, una go chop abi? Oya mama say make una bring plate come carrey am!" I already knew so I'm always prepared! E geht 1 dis ma paddy maale and elder ones no kon dey house dem kon share dia sara tinz and I waited 4 ma padi as usual buh I no see am so I went upstairs..... "victor how va na I don wait u 2 bring am come buh e b like say u busy so I say make I show com myself"... na im my guy ask me y I dey boda?? "Maale nor dey bunk na so me don use d opportunity do am ma way. Abi u tink sey I dey happy as I dey gv u and ugo d food and puffpuff chop??" So since daht day, weneva dem share dia Sara tinz we go keep him own den he go com collect am later.....

Mehn...!!! Twas sweet back den!! Till now gan I dey find sallah meat go ma Muslim guyz places even as far as iyana ipaja and ajah.

Neva reject stuffz given 2 u by loved ones cos wen u don't ve, dey might b dere 2 offer a helping hand.

All i can say is you get longthroat
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by tjskii(f): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dygeasy: Some People Can Like Posts Sha. Cheii!

Someone And Someone Liked This Post. Lol... Tjskii Where You At?

Sorry bout d mixup,uve been un banned
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Charbless(m): 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
Fling the food, taka the WinE
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by GatJokez(f): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2013
FOLYKAZE: I dont care if the food is from idolators.....what I ate was food not religion service.

Im not a christian but eat and dine with christians.
Im not a muslim but eat and merry with muslims.
I dont worship idols but can flex with dogs after Ogun festival in Ondo town

Religion has really turn some people apart. Imagine when you cant eat food giving to you because of religion differences......thats why I love most pagan people, if you belief in what they belief, you worship with them but if you dont belief in what they belief, you dine with them.

Even though I dont want to eat, I will eat just a little to show respect to those that provide money for making it and those that put energy for making it.

I can't agree with you more. Whatever happened to showing respect and appreciation? Yes, it is very sad how much damage religious belief have done.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Dygeasy(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
tjskii:

Sorry bout d mixup,uve been un banned
Thanks. I Only Quoted The Guy Who Was Spamming. Thanks Still.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by joe4christ(m): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2013
I use it to build castle in the air. Oshi, mtcheeew!
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by flymeup: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2013
The food that prepared during festival is not in my test to eat.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by ayinba1(f): 2:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
I am not surprised at the number of people who said they collect the food, then throw it into the bin. If you did that because you claim that you are christians, don't you think that Jesus (as) would have preferred that you NOT collect the food in the first place?

A lot of you are idolators claiming to be christians. You claim to worship God but do not actually take a pause to worship God.
The torment of hell is worst for the hypocrites and it is real.

No one will suffer for the sin of another. Ir is completelyillogical and ungodly.

You are afraid of many things but God is not one of them. SMH
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by omotayoaina(m): 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
i will nerver eat it but i will eat d meat
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by armyofone(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2013
lol, he never gave it a thought then that maybe mama ate the food and left the goat leg to scare them? or mama replaced the whole food with goat leg to frighten them? That's fear factor lol. It really worked on you the children and many of us smiley

Lilimax: what is the title of this movie
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by armyofone(m): 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
very and it is sad if they are still like that even with our level of awareness. Nothing like idol food, evil forest food etc. When someone eats and drop dead, that person either has undiagnosed ailment or some reaction to something that was used to cook the food.

naijababe: Nigeria is truly and royally fvcked for sure. People are proudly saying they throw out food given in the spirit of celebration and neighbourliness! SMH!!!

I hope these people do not eat at parties sha because party food could just easily be laced with poison or juju as well undecided
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2013
armyofone: very and it is sad if they are still like that even with our level of awareness. Nothing like idol food, evil forest food etc. When someone eats and drop dead, that person either has undiagnosed ailment or some reaction to something that was used to cook the food.

I tell ya, nation of bloody savants angry
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Aug 13, 2013
candy:
Mark 6: 42-44 Jesus took 5 loaves and some fish and fed a multitude. When they had finished eating, His disciples gathered up the scraps and there were 12 baskets full. If you had fed a multitude, you would not "need" to gather up the scraps but they did. That tells me all food is important even though we don't know what happened to the leftover undecided.

Personally I don't like the idea of throwing food away when millions of people are going without! What I do is lock my gate and no matter how hard neighbours knock we don't open the gate so I don't reject the food and come across as rude or arrogant and I don't waste scarce resources! If we have to go out, we either go out very early in the morning or go out when they are no longer carrying food about. Some neighbours took the cue and didn't bother to bring food this year. As for me, I don't distribute food during Christmas, I only entertain my guests and distribute season's greeting cards and to the close muslim friends, colleagues and neighbours, I buy original cheap wines like veleta and give with the cards.

How will you feel if that your close muslim friend throw you food away? Christians are particularly guilty of this, in my neighbourhood, many of of them throw festive food away, we later got to know and stop giving to them. I just wonder, cos most of the year, one of our Christian friend is always the one that help with the ram or goat and we have a particular pastor family friend who come to our place every year to celebrate islamic festive period. I think some Christians are hypocrites in this respect and are too suspicious of people who are not of their faith. The Muslims turned christians are the worse, let's not go there. Sometimes I wonder what how much damage has religion caused our communal lives.
Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
The plain fact is that there is nothing wrong with festive food, be it Islamic or Christian festival. Its not sacrifice at all. We all need to stop encouraging division, enof damage has been done already.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do With Food Given To You During Festive Period? by SenatorJames(m): 9:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
usbcable: while growing up we used to joyfully give to our neighbors during eid festivals and likewise recive joyfully during easter and xmas.
but d day we found out dat some of them actually threw the food away, we simply agreed to stop giving out to them unless when requested.
when i joined my present office and eid festival arrived(out of over sabi and I no sabi who is who) I gave meat to all my team members. Lo and behold a week after I discovered rotten meat in our locker and one in d thrash.
So I reversed back to old policy.
the following year I didnt give zilch to nobody. It was now a case of ask and you shall be given. and to all those that asked I gave dem and sorta checked if their requests were genuine so dat they dont WASTE the precious Meat I bought with my HARD EARNED SALARY.

I feel sorry for the action of your co-worker and I cant blame them considering all what is happening around. But i think the issue is cooked food and meat. You can be buying processed food like drinks, wine, bread, juice etc for them If you realy want to celebrate the festival with them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Puff Puff Recipe / Green Coffee And Roast Coffee For Sale / Do You Steal Baby Food?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.