Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,190 members, 7,829,262 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

I Want To Change My Name - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Change My Name (18129 Views)

A Call To Change "My Children Will Not Suffer What I Suffered" Syndrome / My Boyfriend Demands I Change My Church After Marriage / Help! My Husband Wants Me To Change My Name From Ndidi To Sinmisola. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Change My Name by kubrat(f): 8:14pm On Jun 10, 2008
ifyalways and others i dont think its wise for u to bring religion into this , what do you mean the by "Great one " and by callin a religion "little". Thats how u start troble and when it comes knocking u will be shouting and claiming one religion is violent. Why dont u reply the poster normally like a sane nd normal person without shooting u mouth at sensitive issues .
And to the "otondo" that suggests mohammed WAHALA as the posters new name , what u dont know is that u have wahala as ur middle name and i dont think he will want to share that wt u.

I want to disagree wt u that the site administrator suggests u use great one because he knows he has people that will never grow up and act serious amongst the posters. However for no reason will i see another religion as great other than mine .inferiority complex if u ask me
Re: I Want To Change My Name by spikedcylinder: 12:12pm On Jun 13, 2008
When i asked what "great one" meant, it was purely out of curiosity and since nobody has answered me succinctly, i am still curios.
Re: I Want To Change My Name by krazynaija(m): 8:00pm On Jun 16, 2008
i dey try to run comot for naija so i need oyinbo name grin
Re: I Want To Change My Name by Hardballer(m): 10:18am On Jun 27, 2008
can i suggest vitus,cletus,livinus,longinus or maybe clement or scholastica those are tight names
Re: I Want To Change My Name by WesleyanA(f): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2008
YOU MIGHT REGRET IT. trust me. lol
with a new name, won't you feel like a different person? like you lost part of your identity?
keep your name. esp. if you're going abroad. nobody cares if it's a yoruba or muslim or igbo name lol. plus they'll find it interesting and you'll be able to make friends for your "cool" name. lol
people here love my name (and foreign names) for some reason. undecided i guess 'cause it sounds exotic

what i'll advice you to do is change the order of your name. make the igbo one your first name (if that's the one you have the least problem with) and the muslim one your middle name.
also, go by a nickname (if you don't already). just pick a name that you like and start using it. but don't change your official name in your documents.

how old are you?
if you're young, pls keep your name, you might grow to like it.
the only times i've known people change their identity is for security/ immigration issues. lol. ur sure you're not trying to run away from the police grin
does your dad support you changing your last name? lol

anyways it's all your choice. goodluck smiley
Re: I Want To Change My Name by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 16, 2010
Guys, why can't you all learn to answer a question, without the OP sharing more information with you? He wants to know the procedure for a name change, end of story. The whys, when and wheres are irrelevant. It's no ones business but the OP's why he decides to change his registered names.

@ Poster: You can change you name via deed poll online, it's pretty straight forward. It's also cheaper than going to see a solicitor in person. You'll be sent a copy of the Deed Poll certificate, just make copies, and forward them to the relevant agencies - Passport Agency, Driver's Licencing Agency, your bank, employer, uni / college etc.

That's all there is to it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Change My Name by jumie(f): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2010
krazynaija:

You can't be serious! cool
Re: I Want To Change My Name by krazynaija(m): 11:08pm On May 31, 2010
Lol this is so funny! Cant believe i posted this years ago n the responses are very very funny too hehehe, Didnt change my name nymore o, NOT overlovin it sha buh i realized the name doesnt matter. Thanks for ze response y'all r too gbaski! grin
Re: I Want To Change My Name by excalibur(m): 7:22pm On May 12, 2011
krazynaija:

You could also go to the website namechangenigeria and register your details there. It's free for now and will soon become official.
Re: I Want To Change My Name by tpiander: 2:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
krazynaija:

the name i want to change to is MARTIN FOXX BROWN
                                                    THANKS GUYZ

Are you serious.
Re: I Want To Change My Name by youngichu(m): 6:50am On Dec 08, 2015
You can now publish your name change on the pages of Nigeria Newspaper. That's the authentic way to change your name after a court affidavit or marriage certificate.

Source: https://johnyoungakpan./2015/10/06/change-of-name-and-public-notices/
Re: I Want To Change My Name by tpiar: 5:44pm On Feb 22, 2016
krazynaija:

so get one?
Re: I Want To Change My Name by Atabobo001(m): 2:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
U Cn Nw Buy Name Online.Let Me Kno If U Wanna Buy
Re: I Want To Change My Name by Cvesta(m): 11:16am On Jun 10, 2018
youngichu:
You can now publish your name change on the pages of Nigeria Newspaper. That's the authentic way to change your name after a court affidavit or marriage certificate.

Source: https://johnyoungakpan./2015/10/06/change-of-name-and-public-notices/

what does it cost to publish it in a newspaper ?
Re: I Want To Change My Name by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
undecided

Re: I Want To Change My Name by uzereimmaculate: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Kc
Re: I Want To Change My Name by uzereimmaculate: 8:32pm On Aug 15, 2022
Hi

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Handle Household Chores? / Sugabelly: Why A Child Should Take The Woman's Surname - Writer / On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.