Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos (7355 Views)

APC Would Make A Difference In Governance Of Nigeria – Amaechi / Leave Buhari Alone, Face The Governance Of Ekiti– APC Tells Fayose / Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Stop repeating yourself. With all the gra-gra of boko, the Igbos are still in the North, talkless of Lagos.

No mind the guy, Igbos are still stuck in the North despite our several plea for them to abandon the place considering the fact that their investments their is far inferior to the one in Lagos.

Any body who is tired of living in Lagos will leave but not because of these toothless bulldogs here.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
~ouch~
Dont let Obasanjo and the black scorpion hear this.
After you let your war heroes accumulate a lot of negative Karma, now u are saying that Nigeria is fraud.

Yoruba land is part and parcel of the Nigerian constitution. Sorry

Adekunle and Obasanjo did not defend Nigeria. They defended Yorubaland wearing Nigerian Army uniform.

Of course, Yorubaland is part and parcel of the constitution, why else would we participaye in Nigerian politics if it wasn't? What rights would we have to be called Nigerians if we deny our membership in the sovereingty?

However, Yorubaland was already a sovereingty before Nigeria became a nation. So we are far ahead of Nigeria on aspect of Statehood. Yorubaland had a constiyution before Nigeria had a constitution. That constitution is our land. In the various constitution conferences that issue is always brought up and we have never yielded the right to Nigrria.

I don't know about your land, but in our land, Nigeria posesses a right of way or access by virtue of its sovereingty but it operates separately and with no conflict with our customary laws.

I see that you are a firm and ardent believer in Nigerian constitution, the Yoruba could care less about it, the Hausa don't take it for any worth, it is perharps time that Ibo start taking close look into the tenets and politics of Statehood.

Im tired of lecturing you on politics.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Shut up!

Show me anywhere I've contradicted myself so far? You are under obligation to strictly aim no further than to stick to your buying and selling businesses.

Hmm, stop this your area-boy mentality. Go and read the Nigerian constitution:

Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

43. Subject to the provisions of this Constitution, every citizen of Nigeria shall have the right to acquire and own immovable property anywhere in Nigeria.

44. (1) No moveable property or any interest in an immovable property shall be taken possession of compulsorily and no right over or interest in any such property shall be acquired compulsorily in any part of Nigeria except in the manner and for the purposes prescribed by a law that, among other things -
(a) requires the prompt payment of compensation therefore and
(b) gives to any person claiming such compensation a right of access
for the determination of his interest in the property and the amount
of compensation to a court of law or tribunal or body having
jurisdiction in that part of Nigeria.

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Adekunle and Obasanjo did not defend Nigeria. They defended Yorubaland wearing Nigerian Army uniform.

Of course, Yorubaland is part and parcel of the constitution, why else would we participaye in Nigerian politics if it wasn't? What rights would we have to be called Nigerians if we deny our membership in the sovereingty?

However, Yorubaland was already a sovereingty before Nigeria became a nation. So we are far ahead of Nigeria on aspect of Statehood. Yorubaland had a constiyution before Nigeria had a constitution. That constitution is our land. In the various constitution conferences that issue is always brought up and we have never yielded the right to Nigrria.

I don't know about your land, but in our land, Nigeria posesses a right of way or access by virtue of its sovereingty but it operates separately and with no conflict with our customary laws.

I see that you are a firm and ardent believer in Nigerian constitution, the Yoruba could care less about it, the Hausa don't take it for any worth, it is perharps time that Ibo start taking close look into the tenets and politics of Statehood.

Im tired of lecturing you on politics.

Your politics in illegal and unconstitutional
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
PointB:

No mind the guy, Igbos are still stuck in the North despite our several plea for them to abandon the place considering the fact that their investments their is far inferior to the one in Lagos.

Any body who is tired of living in Lagos will leave but not because of these toothless bulldogs here.

At the end...you will always hold the shortest end of the stick in the Nigeria equation ....know your place in Lagos. Stick to your commerce business...you won't be hunted down.

Any further agitation for further participation in the affairs of Lagos will be forcefully repelled...you can term that anything you wish to...that is your entire headache.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

At the end...you will always hold the shortest end of the stick in the Nigeria equation ....know your place in Lagos. Stick to your commerce business...you won't be hunted down.

Any further agitation for further participation in the affairs of Lagos will be forcefully repelled...you can term that anything you wish to...that is your entire headache.

Nigerian_Constitution_Chapter_4:

41. (1) Every citizen of Nigeria is entitled to move freely throughout Nigeria and to reside in any part thereof, and no citizen of Nigeria shall be expelled from Nigeria or refused entry thereby or exit therefrom.

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Hmm, stop this your area-boy mentality. Go and read the Nigerian constitution:

Well... when you are short of what to say, you result to the usual.

Nobody is stopping you from residing and conducting yourself in proper ways that don't hurt the feelings of your host.....that is the extent your freedom goes.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by BlackBaron: 6:36pm On Aug 11, 2013
I do believe in eligibility of standing for an election in any state of residence as long as you have lived there long enough and whatever criteria.

However, I think the problem is the incessant belling of Lagos as a 'no man's land' is the main issue getting a few worked up. Be it cosmopolitan, I'll not be foolish to tell an indigene his land is now no mans land.
This is Africa where tribes still attach values to their ancestral homeland.

Like play play, I'm seeing a few on both sides goading each other(whom I suppose live in far flung places with no interests at stake) All it take is for just one ingrate to act under emotion and ka-boom!

3 Likes

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

READ THE CONSTITUTIONS OF YOUR ONE NIGERIA AND ABIDE BY THEM, (or the JTF will help you).
Stop exhibiting this tribal myopia that is clogging your reasoning process.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
READ THE CONSTITUTIONS OF YOUR ONE NIGERIA.
Stop exhibiting this tribal myopia that is clogging your reasoning process.

Constitutional rights in Nigeria is not absolute and won't cover your freedom of movement when you start behaving in ways inimical to the interest of your hosts.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Constitutional rights in Nigeria is not absolute and won't cover your freedom of movement when you start behaving in ways inimical to the interest of your hosts.

Here goes the mass murderer in you.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Here goes the mass murderer in you.

Call it whatever you want....but Yorubas as usual will not shy away from repelling territorial ambitious and deluded folks.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Call it whatever you want....but Yorubas as usual will not shy away from repelling territorial ambitious and deluded folks.
So was boko haram thinking until the JTF paid them a visit.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
So was boko haram thinking until the JTF paid them a visit.

Guy...use some intelligence...

Yorubas don't look for trouble the way you folks do....but we will stop you with brute force if you think you have more at stake in Lagos than buying and selling.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Guy...use some intelligence...

Yorubas don't look for trouble the way you folks do....but we will stop you with brute force if you think you have more at stake in Lagos than buying and selling.
Good, and your brutal force will be more than matched by the JTF.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Good, and your brutal force will be more than matched by the JTF.

Yes...try and ask for more than buying and selling activities....until then ..the talk about JTF attacking Yorubas is preposterous
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Yes...try and ask for more than buying and selling activities....until then ..the talk about JTF attacking Yorubas is preposterous
Seek to be more than just area boys and babalojas.
Did u ever think JTF will ever attack the core north until it happened?
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by luvmijeje(f): 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
@Mayowaak, may God bless you. I almost give up on the Igbos on NL. I have been searching for an Igbo that can say the truth objectively cos to me it seem they have been brainwash -no insult intended.
The part I love most in your post is the part where you wrote they should take responsibility and stop focusing on an imaginary enemies.
An election is coming up in Anambra, what advocacy have you all done to ensure the right person is choosen?
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Seek to be more than just area boys and babalojas.
Did u ever think JTF will ever attack the core north until it happened?

Real mumu.....

I can't see the correlation between Boko Haram and Ibo territorial ambition in Lagos.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Ngwakwe: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
@ilugunboy,
One thing you should know is that Yorubas cannot and will never kill any Igbo in Lagos State for winning an election in a free and fair poll.

It is obvious that the power that be are not ready for the disintegration of the nation hence the support for regional government and state police were squashed in the on going constitutional review and there is nothing you, me or Fashola can do about it.

Let's stop hallucinating and go back to work & earning a living in any location in Nigeria. You were once in Aba and most of your peers are in Niger Delta & SE working with Immigration, Customs, Police, Prisons, Banks, Oil Companies, multi-nationals etc without harassment from the natives.

The good thing about this deportation saga is the public debate that has ensued without bloodshed. The resolution of indigene / settlers / migrants relationship will be defined once and for all. If every section of the country decides to agree to cede the governance of individual territory to its indigenous tribe, then, so be it.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Real mumu.....

I can't see the correlation between Boko Haram and Ibo territorial ambition in Lagos.
But I can see the link between JTF and yoruba genocidal tendencies in Lagos
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ngwakwe: @ilugunboy,
One thing you should know is that Yorubas cannot and will never kill any Igbo in Lagos State for winning an election in a free and fair poll.

It is obvious that the power that be are not ready for the disintegration of the nation hence the support for regional government and state police were squashed in the on going constitutional review and there is nothing you, me or Fashola can do about it.

Let's stop hallucinating and go back to work & earning a living in any location in Nigeria. You were once in Aba and most of your peers are in Niger Delta & SE working with Immigration, Customs, Police, Prisons, Banks, Oil Companies, multi-nationals etc without harassment from the natives.

The good thing about this deportation saga is the public debate that has ensued without bloodshed. The resolution of indigene / settlers / migrants relationship will be defined once and for all. If every section of the country decides to agree to cede the governance of individual territory to its indigenous tribe, then, so be it.

Ngwakwe....are your referring to me as Ilugunboy? undecided

Well..I love my Ibo friends to bits...my relationship with Ibo NL is very different with my relationship and rapport in the real world.. I still had a very good time with my friend ( an Ibo) last night driving him and the wife to the airport for childbirth in Texas US. I enjoy my friendship with those ones.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Well..I love my Ibo friends to bits...my relationship with Ibo NL is very different with my relationship and rapport in the real world.. I still had a very good time with my friend ( an Ibo) last night driving him and the wife to the airport for childbirth in Texas US. I enjoy my friendship with those ones.
Good.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

So tell me how many Ibos constitute the fighting force of the Nigerian military...because at the end of the day, that is what it will all boil down to.

grin cheesy

If it get to that stage it pointless fighting. Everyone will walk away. Until then you folks should learn to suck it up and enjoy the one Nigeria Obj and black scorpion fought for. You all should be happy and grateful to have Igbos in your midst. I don't understand where from this ingratitude.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 7:13pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Says a keyboard warrior!
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 11, 2013
PointB:

If it get to that stage it pointless fighting. Everyone will walk away. Until then you folks should learn to suck it up and enjoy the one Nigeria Obj and black scorpion fought for. You all should be happy and grateful to have Igbos in your midst. I don't understand where from this ingratitude.

Yes..ingratitude of Ibos.....

Yorubas have provided the best platform and leverage for Ibos to bounce back after the inglorious civil war...denying such wont help.

Ibos need to know who their enemies really are...I don't think Yorubas are anywhere to be termed such....don't start making them one now.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 7:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Nobody is stopping you from residing and conducting yourself in proper ways that don't hurt the feelings of your host.....that is the extent your freedom goes.

If the so called host feelings is hurt let him seek redress in the court or shut up. All these rambling can not scare a fly.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 11, 2013
PointB:

If the so called host feelings is hurt let him seek redress in the court or shut up. All these rambling can not scare a fly.

I think you should be the one to shut the hell up!

When push come to shove...you lot will flee...it won't be the first time.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

I think you should be the one to shut the hell up!

When push come to shove...you lot will flee...it won't be the first time.

Apart from the faceless boko haram that the JTF has dealt with, I dare you to go up North and dare any northerner to lay a hand on any Igbo up there, lets see how that works out.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 7:23pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Yes..ingratitude of Ibos.....

Yorubas have provided the best platform and leverage for Ibos to bounce back after the inglorious civil war...denying such wont help.

Ibos need to know who their enemies really are...I don't think Yorubas are anywhere to be termed such....don't start making them one now.

Yoruba provided nada! Nigeria did! If Yoruba think they are bigger and better than Nigeria - secession is a worthy option. Either they do that or stop disturbing the peace of the nation with the host nonsense.
Igbos came back to Lagos the then federal capital because it was logical thing to do; Yoruba had no choice then and also have no choice now than to accept the consequence of the victory over biafra. You wanted one Nigeria, here is it - Igbos in your face. Suck it up and stop winning like a woman.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Apart from the faceless boko haram that the JTF has dealt with, I dare you to go up North and dare any northerner to lay a hand on any Igbo up there, lets see how that works out.

What is this one saying....? undecided
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

What is this one saying....? undecided
Sabre-rattling Northerners have now hidden behind boko haram and its still not working, talkless of Yoruba ppl.

Go ahead, touch any Igbo person, please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BREAKING News:gowon Recieves A Trauma-filled Emotional Punch.!!! / Pictures:mavins Crew, YBNL Nation, Davido Storms APC Rally / Top 5 Richest State In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.