Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos (7330 Views)

APC Would Make A Difference In Governance Of Nigeria – Amaechi / Leave Buhari Alone, Face The Governance Of Ekiti– APC Tells Fayose / Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
As if Yoruba ppl really supported Obasanjo...

Again, another one of your political blindness.

Yoruba does not support his policy but we support his politics.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Keep shut...you simply don't understand the intricacies involve in any hostilities in the SW nor the potential consequences...

The prognosis is completely staked against Ibos...

Never hope or pray for it...

Of course we do, and that is why we are not worried. If you choose to turn Lagos to Borno, Yobe, it only means loss of lives (and perhaps yours as well) and of course fewer commercial activities. But we shall remain and thrive. Heck, Igbos are in Iraq and Pakistan. How much more Lagos that many Igbos call home?

Guy, you are just suffering yourself for nothIng. Whatever you cook we shall consume and thrive. It's One Nigeria until you secede. Then we can take it from there.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by redsun(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
What happens if all the igbos in lagos ground their tools and stalemate for just too days in protest to the state's oppressive measures towards them- babaoloja and deportation.It is time the igbo bears the burden of financial losses and make their voices heard sternly by the nigerian state.

This is the time to make or break,the time when the agitation of a Biafram state seem to have come on a platter.If what fashola want is to go the scottish way of self rule and independence,he should remember the scots are as tenacious and witty as he english,and even more endowed naturally.Unlike lagos that relies solely on the sea without merchants and the chinese who are as always the masters.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Italiano1: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
Oya, fight make we see na.
Hausa don fight, come tire. Now they are claiming MARGINALIZATION looolzz

I can only surmise that you do not have the mental capacity to fully comprehend my post which is not surprising.

Where did I mention "Fight"?

You have failed to answer the questions I asked you or say anything intelligent- just the usual boasting and chest beating which has got you nowhere since 1960.

Stupidity is not making a mistake, it is making the same mistake over and over
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 8:09pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

We seceded a long time ago. You are blind!

In your wet dreams, joker!
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
PointB:

Of course we do, and that is why we are not worried. If you choose to turn Lagos to Borno, Yobe, it only means loss of lives (and perhaps yours as well) and of course fewer commercial activities. But we shall remain and thrive. Heck, Igbos are in Iraq and Pakistan. How much more Lagos that many Igbos call home?

Guy, you are just suffering yourself for nothIng. Whatever you cook we shall consume and thrive. It's One Nigeria until you secede. Then we can take it from there.

Igbos in iraq and afghanistan, doing what? fighting for America?

No wonder America is loosing the war.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:12pm On Aug 11, 2013
PointB:

In your wet dreams, joker!

Lol. You are blind! Look again.

Not everything must be voiced in public, however tempting.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OPCNAIRALAND: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Im outta here people
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 8:22pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Yes it does, but he remains a Nigerian hero and a Yoruba war commander. He commanded a winning war strategy never before witnessed anywhere in Africa.

Yes o. The guy (Black scorpion) has a winning strategy when it comes to butchering unarmed civilians, especially women and children. By the way how is he doing? Has he got the 100k to fly to Ghana for his treatment? Or is he still begging Igbos for money with his bowl? I hope he's not living in Lagos? Otherwise he risks been deported to Onitha by Fashole. Imao. You guys know how to treat heroes.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by PointB: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
Im outta here people

Out ke? Is that how you are going to chase Igbos out of Lagos? By turning tail and taking flight? Lol.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:29pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:
Im outta here people
Go and redeem ur promise to kill Igbos in Lagos, let us see how far that takes you
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by seanet02: 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2013
[size=40pt]Shoot any Ibo ..... Black Scorpion[/size]

1 Like

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2013
seanet02: [size=40pt]Shoot any Ibo[/size]
na for mouth?
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by seanet02: 8:43pm On Aug 11, 2013
quid:
na for mouth?
No, we did so in 67,
[size=40pt]If it happened now, we will Smash Ibos head on Olumo Rock[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Emperor007: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
saxywale:
The same question we have been asking for ages. If the east is so good to them, why don't they relocate their ladipo and katangora to igboland.

^^^

How do some folks reason?

Simple definition of "business" would answer you that, is like asking why non- Americans use or accept dollar as a legal tender?

1 Like

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Emperor_007:

^^^

How do some folks reason?

Simple definition of "business" would answer you that, is like asking why non- Americans use or accept dollar as a legal tender?

My question still stand...if the east is so attractive as your kinsmen portray on here, why do you all leave your caves and cursed land to migrate to the beautiful and rich southwest?
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
The Igbo should realize, whenever they say the FG developed Lagos, that there is difference between Lagos and Lagos State. As the writer righly points out, it is only Surulere, Eti Osa, Mainland and Island, which made up the then capital of the country that the FG developed. The other parts were under the defunct Western Region. The government Obafemi Awolowo, for example, built the Ikeja Housing Estate.
Upto the government of Shegu Shagari (1979-1983), Lagos had dual nomenclature: as the capital of Nigeria and a state. The capital of the country during this period, as in the past, was restricted to the Island and Mainland, while that of Lagos State was in Ikeja.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Emperor007: 9:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
@ Saxywale

There's presently no local or international law, prohibiting people from establishing business where they chose to situate such...

Hence, Igbos are free to set up a business wherever they want.

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by redsun(m): 9:34pm On Aug 11, 2013
saxywale:
My question still stand...if the east is so attractive as your kinsmen portray on here, why do you all leave your caves and cursed land to migrate to the beautiful and rich southwest?

The south west you have in mind is happens to be a nigerian federal capital that happens to be a gate way to the outside world.

The simplest way to know that the buoyancy of lagos depends on the efforts of all nigerians is christmas time when all the "foreigners" have gone for christmas and lagos becomes a ghost.The little still remaining buoyancy are still made possible by foreigners that didn't bother to travel.Areas boys/girls who are predominantly the majority of the population of the natives in lagos are nothing but miscreants and incapable of making a city viable,they are like nomads and very petty in their ways.Like the gipsies of lagos,no disrecpect to the gipsies.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by goodslayer: 9:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
squid abi na snail dem name you ni. If you guys try any nonsense the alaba and ajegunle treatment of old await all of una. Go ask idi araba hausa why dem gentle since 1998. Enuff said to anyone wey get functioning auditory nerve.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2013
Emperor_007: @ Saxywale

There's presently no local or international law, prohibiting people from establishing business where they chose to situate such...

Hence, Igbos are free to set up a business wherever they want.

Then they must learn to abide by the rules of their host communities and end the claim that Lagos does not belong to anybody. Yoruba people have been in Cuba, Brazil and some Carribbean countries for close to 200 years yet they don't claim these places are no man's land. They obey the countries' law.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Sibrah: 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Nairaland has truly gone to the dogs. I still don't understand how you guys managed to deviate from the beautiful peice contained in the OP to this tribal bashing.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by redsun(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Then they must learn to abide by the rules of their host communities and end the claim that Lagos does not belong to anybody. Yoruba people have been in Cuba, Brazil and some Carribbean countries for close to 200 years yet they don't claim these places are no man's land. They obey the countries' law.

Very wrong examples,the yorubas in those area are the descendants of slaves and like all the descendants of africans slaves who deliberately call the exiled land theirs,they chose to remain there instead painstakingly tracing back their roots.

The true indigenes of those lands have been relegated to reservation.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by redsun(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
Ola Johnson:

Very wrong examples.The yorubas in those area are the descendants of slaves and like all the descendants of africans slaves who deliberately call the exiled land theirs,they chose to remain there instead painstakingly tracing back their roots.

The true indigenes of those lands have been relegated to reservations and remote jungles.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 11, 2013
redsun:

Very wrong examples.The yorubas in those area are the descendants of slaves and like all the descendants of africans slaves who deliberately call the exiled land theirs,they chose to remain there instead painstakingly tracing back their roots.

The true indigenes of those lands have been relegated to reservations and remote jungles.

Truly...between you and Dede...I can't say who is more mor0nic and utterly deluded.

This night ..am going to start with you from where Ilugunboy stopped dealing with you the last time.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2013
redsun:

Very wrong examples,the yorubas in those area are the descendants of slaves and like all the descendants of africans slaves who deliberately call the exiled land theirs,they chose to remain there instead painstakingly tracing back their roots.

The true indigenes of those lands have been relegated to reservation.
Are they still slaves? No!
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by redsun(m): 10:02pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Truly...between you and Dede...I can't say who is more mor0nic and utterly deluded.

What people like you know to be right can not technically or rationally make sense a normal five year old.When i deal with humans like you i don't watch my guards because i know that what ever be the case,you won't make a fruitful difference.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:08pm On Aug 11, 2013
redsun:

What people like you know to be right can not technically or rationally make sense a normal five year old.When i deal with humans like you i don't watch my guards because i know that what ever be the case,you won't make a fruitful difference.

As usual...you've started getting incoherent .....bros are you that old?
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
gudugba:

Don't ask questions....things are taking shape.

We don't know who our enemies are presently ....but we know those that are not our friends.

You think you fight war with your mouth ?? Abeg,shift,biko.
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Italiano1: 10:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

And you think to have a thriving Yoruba state like Lagos is yam or beans? Abeg waka my friend
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
OPC.NAIRALAND:

Igbos in iraq and afghanistan, doing what? fighting for America?

No wonder America is loosing the war.

Doing business and thriving,too. Onething I know about most Yoruba is their ignorance of the reasoning of the average Igboman. We are very different from you and I won't even waste my time in explaining that. As you said,you gonna declare war and I swear to the heavens that summon the balls to fight the west and federal government... grin.....you are nothing but a wet pant!
Re: Igbo And The Governance Of Lagos by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 11, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

What is the latest on your three days ultimatum or Fashola will risk threat of protest/rally

Make una do phemm in Lagos or any part of the SW...you will know if na mouth or not... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Probe Obasanjo Now — Owie Tells EFCC / Would Nigeria Have Been Better With Only One Tribe And Religion? / Senate - No More Hard Labour For Prisoners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.