Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,635 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer (19148 Views)

Dangote Trailer Kills Five On Auchi-Benin Road (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Footballer Elderson Echiejile Gets Engaged…(pics Included) / Chaos On Ajah Road In Lagos As Trailer Kills Five School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by NoQualms1(f): 10:33am On Aug 12, 2013
It was a serious situation yesterday. We spent 3 hours at a spot. Thanks to the soldiers that helped clear the road. By the time we got to the scene of the accident, we discovered that they had to use their guns to threaten the hoodlums.

RIP Mikel
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Burger01(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2013
malele: Touts exploiting very opportunity that comes to them.who knows may be dey learnt it in Lagos

Your yansh... sad
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Chynx(m): 10:34am On Aug 12, 2013
RIP to d dead; but d truth remains that for a young man to be knocked down by ANY vehicle while CROSSING a HIGHWAY, it simply means that the victim was either not patient enough or was high on something!
The frequency of vehicular movement on highways is so low that even a patient snail can make it across IF and only IF it is patient enough.
To be candid, many of us here are drivers and we know how difficult it will be to avoid a pedestrian who unexpectedly walks into u on a little street not to talk of a highway where speed is ALWAYS on the high side.
Avoiding that guy would probably have cost the truck driver his and his motorboy's life or worse still; d lives of many villagers who would have been crushed by same truck which would have crushed dem in d bid to avoid one 'careless' move.
May he rest in peace but I regret to say that he simply brought trouble to d life of truck driver and his family by dat single act!

2 Likes

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by nerodenero: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2013
I hate those trailer drivers. They are very wicked and highly reckless when driving. Their excesses on our roads need to be put to check. RIP to the young man.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Burger01(m): 10:37am On Aug 12, 2013
phoneport: well the best way to disperse a mob by military forces in Nigeria is to SHOT them.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

But Hope it is not Michael Obi? God forbid.

Easy bro.. sad

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by batstan(m): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2013
richoko60:
Mr Aboki its not our Mikel Obi, the deceased footballer was called Mikel maybe he plays like the Mikel Obi of the super eagles....
RIP to the death
Its still a lost to the super eagles, maybe he would have made it to the team. Gerrit

1 Like

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by zoboizee: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2013
I drove thru the chaos yesterday. One thing i observed is that our people are highly lawless and indiscipline. Some of our people do like to under-estimate the speed of a moving vehicle, even when overtaking and seeing an on-coming motor on another lane on the highway for dat matter.U nid to be there to attest to this. Serious smashing of windshield. God i thank u.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by batstan(m): 10:50am On Aug 12, 2013
Omoniles everywhere in the SW . They slow alot of things, these yarbawa boys. SMY for dem. cool
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Nobody: 11:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Didn't he look before crossing?
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by donpeluchi(m): 11:03am On Aug 12, 2013
Nigerians are just lawless. How can you block a federal road because someone was killed crossing the high way. It was very frustrating spending 2 hrs on one spot yesterday despite leaving for lagos as early as 7am. Thanks to the army personnel who moved in and rescued us as the police could not handle the situation yesterday.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Chynx(m): 11:04am On Aug 12, 2013
HNosegbe: Didn't he look before crossing?
I wonder!
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by MrAboki: 11:06am On Aug 12, 2013
batstan: Its still a lost to the super eagles, maybe he would have made it to the team. Gerrit

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Onyenna(m): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2013
RIP Mikel.....
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: WHAT A GREAT LOSS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

Mikel R.I.P

Aboki, no be super eagles Mikel i take Jonathan take beg you.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by uceee(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2013
Thank God I didn't travel yesterday as I should have. RIP "mikel". Nigerian drivers need to be more cautious. Thank God for journey mercies.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by ib4real95(m): 12:17pm On Aug 12, 2013
Dayum!! Most of this truck drivers are illiterates.. Most of them are half drunk while driving. May God save us in Nigeria! I prefer starting a new life in Iraq! Peace
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by obailala(m): 12:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
free2ryhme: A young man was yesterday crushed to death by a trailer on the Ore-Benin road. The accident occurred at Kajola in Odigbo Local Government Area of Ondo State.

The victim, a footballer, is popularly known as “Mikel”.

An eye witness said the accident occurred while the deceased was crossing the expressway.
The villagers set the trailer ablaze, causing a gridlock on the highway for several hours.
A source said the situation degenerated when some soldiers allegedly shot at the protesters.
Many people were reportedly injured and vehicles vandalised.

One of the villagers said: “The protest was hijacked by hoodlums, who extorted money from the stranded motorists. Some drivers and their passengers abandoned their vehicles and fled into the bush. It was an ugly incident.”
Police spokesman Wole Ogodo confirmed the incident [size=15pt]and said the command was on top of the situation[/size].

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/chaos-on-ore-benin-road/
On top as usual...
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by iamdsam: 12:32pm On Aug 12, 2013
Our government need to create other means of transport like rail way etc. This will go a long way to curb fatal accidents like this. May his soul rest in peace
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by 9icetoo(m): 12:35pm On Aug 12, 2013
nerodenero: I hate those trailer drivers. They are very wicked and highly reckless when driving. Their excesses on our roads need to be put to check. RIP to the young man.
The trailer didn't drive into his house to kill him. He was crossing a highway for freaks sake. He may have misjudged the speed of the trailer or actually failed to observe what we were all taught when crossing a road 'look left, look right, if safe, cross'. If u travel frequently, u would have noticed the casual attitude people put up when crossing roads along the highways. People sometimes expect cars to stop for them no matter the speed the cars or trucks are on.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by question(m): 12:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
Any pictures?
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by brut(f): 1:04pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gbam!
question: Any pictures?
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2013
Yeah, d stuff really affected my trip yesterday. Travelling from Enugu to Lagos, we had to go thru d bush n spent closed to 4 hours(we left Ore some minutes after 10am) in d holdup b4 we could get to d express way again.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by moisco: 1:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
I was dere o.no body was shot.....wel I tank d Army can.if nt. sad angry
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Freiburger(m): 1:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
batstan: Its still a lost to the super eagles, maybe he would have made it to the team. Gerrit
On point, same as Brazil with a lot of Ronaldos in the National team.
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by rulegirl(f): 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
OC cool: If u ask meee.... na who i go ask?
why u no help am ask google
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by lordmayor4(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2013
it was really bad.. was on that road and thank God for our driver who had to take to the bush , tho it took us 12hours to get to lagos from the east... a journey of 5hours ...
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by AustineE1: 3:05pm On Aug 12, 2013
..Odigbo local govt area of ondo state!Primitive people!!!
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by sicily4u: 3:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
question: Any pictures?

Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by Burger01(m): 3:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Aboki: WHAT A GREAT LOSS FOR THE SUPER EAGLES!!!!!

Mikel R.I.P

Aboki! You don shine shoe today
Re: Chaos On Ore-benin Road Over The Death Of A Footballer by FabulousAutos(m): 3:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
It was really horrible. I was returning from Abia State yesterday with my powerbike when I ran into them. I wasnt allowed to even pass through the road with my bike. Passing through the bush track wasnt easy either because it was a complete gridlock. I spent up to an hour trying to pass through the bush path but thank God that I still managed to arrive Lagos by 1:30pm. My bike overheated at some point. A brother that travelled by road arrived Lagos around 8pm.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is MTN Megalotto Quicklotto Megaharmmer Fake? / What Is The Difference Between Postgraduate And Masters? / Calendar Year 1986 And Calendar Year 2014 Are The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.