Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo (18915 Views)

The Full Meaning Of NAIRA, KOBO And GOWON. Is It True? / THE MEANING OF 10:10 Or 1010 / Did You Use 5 & 10 Kobo Coins? (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by Mashkov: 7:25am On Apr 06, 2009
Can anyone tell me the meaning of "Naira" & "Kobo". Where did those words came from? Which language are they? and what formed the basis of those words being used as our currency designation?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by tpia: 7:38am On Apr 06, 2009
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by dgreatrock(m): 10:43am On Apr 07, 2009
Naira means small
Kobo stands infinitesimal, of little or no value, that is on the light side of definitions.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by Gabry(f): 2:30pm On Apr 07, 2009
hEHEHEHEH!

I thought Naira is a Nigerian Money currency and Kobo [size=5pt]ko[/size] is D*ck  grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by dgreatrock(m): 12:27pm On Apr 09, 2009
gabrywyl:

hEHEHEHEH!

I thought Naira is a Nigerian Money currency and Kobo [size=5pt]ko[/size] is D*ck  grin
i beg o ! that waz on da lighter side of life!
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by ucheends(m): 4:19pm On Oct 18, 2012
A friend just told me the meaning of naira
N- never
A-allow an
I-iboman to
R-rule
A-again
hahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhaha
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by hammedkola(m): 9:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Naira is the currency denomination for Nigeria, while kobo is 1/100 value of Naira.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by tobechi74: 9:35am On Jan 09, 2014
Naira is an Islamic name for girls that comes from God's name of Noor, which means light.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of Naira & Kobo by evision: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
Naira is a Yoruba commercial phrase(coined) meaning spend and buy
Na = spend money
Ra = buy
naira = spend and buy.
It can also be spending and buying in Yoruba language.

In a business term we can say selling and buying.

Kobo is a Yoruba term for penny

Before the Nigeria independence, it used to be shilling and pence
Yoruba called the pence - Kobo therefore one penny = one kobo in Yoruba.

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Flood Experience At Alagbole Under Bridge (photos) / Nairaland Did Not Send You That E-Mail! / Fatal Truck Accident In Ibadan, Woman Killed, Two Others Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.