Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,672 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

My Apologies And A New Appointment - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Apologies And A New Appointment (12338 Views)

Apologies The Church May Gently Tender 10 Years Frm Now About Some Subtle Things / Apologies / Sincere Apologies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by ckkris: 9:58am On Aug 12, 2013
Mukina2 could as be another moniker for the same Ayatolla bin Laden Maclatunji. But in Nigeria there MUST BE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION & ASSOCIATION.
Please give the Christians a Christian moderator, and let the moslems have their own Moslem moderator. NIGERIA IS NIGERIA not nigerianistan

6 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 12, 2013
Enigma:

Having been a critic of yours on a couple of occasions, I will express an opinion.

1. The replacement of the hitherto interim moderator is a good move.
2. The replacement with Mukina2 would ordinarily be a good move too; however, the fact that a Muslim section essentially unavailable to others exist means you will always struggle to justify using a Muslim, any Muslim (no matter how competent as with Mukina2), in the general Religion section.
3. Just to add to 2 (and to say something on a point I have always kept quiet about): the Muslims come to the general Religion section to do to others the very same things that they do not accept on their own section; this is even true of the now replaced interim moderator here!

Finally:

4. In my opinion, you owe manmustwac TWO things: (1) a public expression of gratitude for his contribution as moderator and even simply as a Nairalander and (2) a public apology for the manner in which his removal was handled.

[size=20pt]I agree completely with number 4[/size]
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Enegod(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Tolexander: do you have a bornagainmeter to measure the degree of born again?
grin grin
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by maclatunji: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Seun: @maclatunji: I appreciate your courage and resilience under fire when I dragged you into this controversial situation.

LOL. I am used to it. I have never read of any great man who could not bear "fire and brimstone" directed at them.

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Tonylyte(m): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2013
Religiodiosycritofanatics em dey evrywhere. Even social ntwrk, fighting for dia God, instead of God fighting for them. Hahahahahahaha#freemason

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Caracta(f): 10:00am On Aug 12, 2013
tpia@:
You should not have backed down, seems you dont understand the nature of the people you're dealing with.

They will destroy your forum if you let them.

Anyway, good luck, this section is terrorist it seems, could be wrong.

I don't understand this lady. Who knows her password?

6 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Mynd44: 10:00am On Aug 12, 2013
striktlymi:

[size=20pt]I agree completely with number 4[/size]
He has done that already na.

Go change that MTN line you are using and get Airtelcheesy
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Seun, thanks for the apology to the previous mod. That is a wise step.
Howbeit, your change of mod here is still not acceptable. I dont know what your problem is. We say we dont want a muslim being incharge of the christian section. Dont you understand it in that simple fashion? You have mods that are christians, what is wrong with that?
I have nothing against Mukina, but this just does not seem right. Cant you give the people what they require?
I hereby make my opinion clear.... This issue is still not the way it should be. If there should be any interim mod, let it be a Christian.
Thank you.
Idnoble135

2 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Gboliwe: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2013
maclatunji: The last 2 days have been interesting, whilst many had probably increased their blood pressure by several points, I laughed hard many times.

I have said this in private and I am saying it in public. People have to be responsible with their actions as members and managers of this forum.

You know what is right and wrong in large part. Don't go causing offence and expect people in authority not to sanction you.

Thank you.

You are welcome. [s] Trying so hard to be relevant here. Mchew [/s]

Seun:
Dear Manmustwac,

I hereby express my deep gratitude for your selfless, high-quality, and impartial service to the religion section of Nairaland as a just and wise moderator for a very long period of time. Nairaland owes you a lot, and so do I.

I also apologize for the manner in which your removal was handled.

Wishing you the very best in all aspects of life,
Your friend,
Seun.
cool

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Enigma(m): 10:01am On Aug 12, 2013
Seun:
Dear Manmustwac,

I hereby express my deep gratitude for your selfless, high-quality, and impartial service to the religion section of Nairaland as a just and wise moderator for a very long period of time. Nairaland owes you a lot, and so do I.

I also apologize for the manner in which your removal was handled.

Wishing you the very best in all aspects of life,
Your friend,
Seun.

Seun: @maclatunji: I appreciate your courage and resilience under fire when I dragged you into this controversial situation.

Both of these are very good moves!

As for me I can now more or less retire knowing that it is not on bad terms.

As for moderators my suggestions would be or really would have been (considering statements by two of them).

Lagerwhenindoubt (now leaving!)
Tgirl4real (now more or less leaving!)
Striktlymi (seems to want it and should be reasonably neutral)
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Mynd44: 10:02am On Aug 12, 2013
Caracta:

I don't understand this lady. Who knows her password?
r231 knows it. gringrin

He is the only one who knows how to control her
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Obinoscopy(m): 10:03am On Aug 12, 2013
ckkris: Mukina2 could as be another moniker for the same Ayatolla bin Laden Maclatunji. But in Nigeria there MUST BE FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION & ASSOCIATION.
Please give the Christians a Christian moderator, and let the moslems have their own Moslem moderator. NIGERIA IS NIGERIA not nigerianistan
You will get ur christian moderator. The selection process has begun
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by naptu2: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2013
Ishilove: Dear Mr Seun Osewa, I know this isn't the time for this, but erm...you tabon... embarassed

grin

Rule 21.

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 12, 2013
Come to think of it..

A born again Christian cannot moderate a section comprising of atheists, 7th day adventists, catholics, eckankar, Jehoval's witnesses, Olumba-Olumba, Methodists, Anglicans & Pentecostals..

Aside the pentecostals, the word "Born-Again" is irrelevant to all other religion under the auspices of the Christiandom...

You may have to re-consider your intention or better still, split the section and let everyone mind his/her belief...

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by AlfaB: 10:07am On Aug 12, 2013
naptu2:

Rule 21.

Doesn't apply to illiterates.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by AlfaB: 10:08am On Aug 12, 2013
acidosis™:
Come to think of it..

A born again Christian cannot moderate a section comprising of atheists, 7th day adventists, catholics, eckankar, Jehoval's witnesses, Olumba-Olumba, Methodists, Anglicans & Pentecostals..

Aside the pentecostals, the word "Born-Again" is irrelevant to all other religion under the auspices of the Christiandom...

You may have to re-consider your intention or better still, split the section and let everyone mind his/her belief...

Seun does not know the meaning of born again. A term abhorrent to most catholics I know.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Caracta(f): 10:10am On Aug 12, 2013
Alfa-B:

Doesn't apply to illiterates.

grin grin grin
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by ckkris: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL. I am used to it. I have never read of any great man who could not bear "fire and brimstone" directed at them.

Inane self flattery. You're not a great anything, just a trouble maker, meddling in things you know nothing about. Damn.

16 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Obinoscopy(m): 10:11am On Aug 12, 2013
idnoble135: Mr Seun, thanks for the apology to the previous mod. That is a wise step.
Howbeit, your change of mod here is still not acceptable. I dont know what your problem is. We say we dont want a muslim being incharge of the christian section. Dont you understand it in that simple fashion? You have mods that are christians, what is wrong with that?
I have nothing against Mukina, but this just does not seem right. Cant you give the people what they require?
I hereby make my opinion clear.... This issue is still not the way it should be. If there should be any interim mod, let it be a Christian.
Thank you.
Idnoble135
Mukina2 is a non-biased supermod. She has been moderating this section even when her name wasn't there and she's has been superb. Infact her name being there and her name being mentioned by Seun in this thread are just mere formality. Even if Seun removes her name, she'll still be able to moderate this section. Thus I think this should not be what we should be demanding.

Also we've been promised new mods, why don't we ensure that that promise is kept rather than agitating for sth that's irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by tpia5: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2013
acidosis™:
Come to think of it..

Or scrap the section.

Nl is not meant to be a church, or to substitute for one.

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2013
Alfa-B:

Seun does not know the meaning of born again. A term abhorrent to most catholics I know.

If I were a mod, I'd have banned you from this forum since 6a.m..

Are you not the ediot celebrating Satan on a christian section some hours ago?

3 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 12, 2013
Enigma:

Both of these are very good moves!

As for me I can now more or less retire knowing that it is not on bad terms.

As for moderators my suggestions would be or really would have been (considering statements by two of them).

Lagerwhenindoubt (now leaving!)
Tgirl4real (now more or less leaving!)
Striktlymi (seems to want it and should be reasonably neutral)

Even if I don't mind being one, I do not want to moderate when the majority of members reject me.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by tpia5: 10:13am On Aug 12, 2013
Mynd_44:
r231 knows it. gringrin

He is the only one who knows how to control her

I'm glad seun and mukina are seeing the nature of their mods.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by ckkris: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Alfa-B:

Any Christian is OK. Just as CAN gets along, because no one is God, Who's able to judge right and wrong.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by AlfaB: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Seun: My Fellow Nairaland Members,

I hereby apologize for adding Maclatunji as a temporary religion section moderator.

I should have known that non-Muslim Nairalanders wouldn't be happy with the decision.

I have decided to appoint another muslim to stand in his place until I've appointed the 2 born again Christian moderators that I promised to appoint.

What do you think about this?

Corrected that for you.

You are welcome.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2013
Obinoscopy: Mukina2 is a non biased supermod. She has been moderating this section even when her name wasn't there. Infact her name being there and her name being mentioned by Seun in this thread are just mere formality. Also we've been promised new mods, so why don't we ensure that that promise is kept rather than agitating for sth that's irrelevant.
I addressed my note to Seun and not you. Everyone is entitled to his own opinion. Thank you.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 12, 2013
tpia@:

Or scrap the section.

Nl is not meant to be a church, or to substitute for one.

Can we also scrap Politics?

1 Like

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by tpia5: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2013
striktlymi:

Even if I don't mind being one, I do not want to moderate when the majority of members reject me.

Whats that supposed to mean?

And why do you people keep calling yourselves a majority simply because you curse and have no manners?

Very irritating.

Many of the mod appts have been controversial, nobody started crying because of it, the one in religion section is what now sends you all off the deep edge?

Hmph, you folks are to be pitied.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by AlfaB: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2013
acidosis™:

If I were a mod, I'd have banned you from this forum since 6a.m..

Are you not the ediot celebrating Satan on a christian section some hours ago?

No need to vex against Satan. A muslim girl is now lording over you in your own section and all you can do attack the Majestic One.

Please keep bowing to islamic domination. Satan is only laughing at your misery.
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Idowuogbo(f): 10:17am On Aug 12, 2013
maclatunji:

U? Great man? Buhahahahaha!!!

Na Luther I blame sha.

2 Likes

Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by Tolexander: 10:17am On Aug 12, 2013
maclatunji:

I laugh in Spanglish. I have Christians that love me. As for this section, we could write a thesis on the matter.
expecting the thesis!

Never knew the religious section is this boiled and interesting.
Oh, i have missed a lot!
Re: My Apologies And A New Appointment by ckkris: 10:18am On Aug 12, 2013
Obinoscopy: You will get ur christian moderator. The selection process has begun
Many thanks. Be blessed today, and always, in Jesus name, Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Is There Anything Like Satanic Music? / Lagos To Register Places Of Worship ‘To Ensure Sanity’ / Preparing The Saints For The End Times Tribulation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.