Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) (56930 Views)

10 World’s Oldest Cities (pictures) / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities In Nigeria / 10 Most Popular Non-capital Cities/towns In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 7:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
Anyway, I believe cities in Nigeria worth developing to a world class standard are:

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Enugu
Kano
Ibadan
Onitsha

I see these cities as having the most economic potential in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 8:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA: Anyway, I believe cities in Nigeria worth developing to a world class standard are:

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Enugu
Kano
Ibadan
Onitsha

You forget to mention:
Akure
Ilorin
Uyo
Calabar
Markurdi
Kaduna
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 12, 2013
Yaounde

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
yaounde

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
yaounde

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by modextus(m): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
seaman007: Sentiment aside,accra make sence stop judging by pics alone.make a plan trip to accra and see for sef.its not about tall building as my fellow nigerian think.
Give it to them am enjoying my stay here in ghana and don't feel like comin back.
bros pls just listen τ̲̅ȍ τ̲̅ȍ yourself.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
DOUALA

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2013
yaounde

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:07pm On Aug 12, 2013
django1:

You forget to mention:
Akure
Ilorin
Uyo
Calabar
Markurdi
Kaduna

In my list, i rated them mainly because they are of much economic importance NOW. But the cities you mentioned do have potential. There are at least 15-20 cities/towns in Nigeria with potential, but i'm talking mainly priority right now, that will benefit Nigeria as a whole.
By the way, you should add Aba to your list.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:12pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA: Anyway, I believe cities in Nigeria worth developing to a world class standard are:

Lagos
Abuja
Port Harcourt
Enugu
Kano
Ibadan
Onitsha

Pls remove Port-hacourt from the list. That city is an Accident. Same with Ibadan. To develop Ibadan, you'll have to take down like 50% of the city. It's cities like Enugu and Abuja that have the master plan for a mega city to be built on.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
Yaounde

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
One reason why i like Abuja and rate it above a lot of cities in Nigeria is because it has space. I like cities with a lot of spaces and not choked up cities like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls remove Port-hacourt from the list. That city is an Accident. Same with Ibadan. To develop Ibadan, you'll have to take down like 50% of the city. It's cities like Enugu and Abuja that have the master plan for a mega city to be built on.

I was coming from an economic standpoint. By why is PH an accident? I guess another oil city in the South South is worth developing instead. Maybe Warri or Yenagoa sounds better?
Ibadan has potential sha, i don't think its a bad idea to knock things down and start from scratch.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:18pm On Aug 12, 2013
Ok the pictures of Cameroon haff do na. We've seen the same picture in several different angles now, we get it.

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:20pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA:

I was coming from an economic standpoint. By why is PH an accident? I guess another oil city in the South South is worth developing instead. Maybe Warri or Yenagoa sounds better?
Ibadan has potential sha, i don't think its a bad idea to knock things down and start from scratch.
If that's the case then Enugu does not really deserve to be on the list. Enugu is a civil service state but unlike some other civil service states like Calabar for example, it has more commercial activities but not that much that will make it to be considered among economic cities.

Warri can be a another Lagos but Yenagoa is nowhere near economic. It can just be developed to be a Honolulu or a mini Miami without the commerce.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA: Ok the pictures of Cameroon haff do na. We've seen the same picture in several different angles now, we get it.
go fck urself dumb b1tch ..am I posting with ur computer or in ur house?
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Afam4eva(m): 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: go fck urself dumb b1tch ..am I posting with ur computer or in ur house?
Everything musn't be fight na...Pls can we see some pictures of Douala.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: go fck urself dumb b1tch ..am I posting with ur computer or in ur house?

You clearly have issues, enough said. You posting the same dry pictures with different angles doesn't prove anything. Empty barrel

1 Like

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
If that's the case then Enugu does not really deserve to be on the list. Enugu is a civil service state but unlike some other civil service states like Calabar for example, it has more commercial activities but not that much that will make it to be considered among economic cities.

Warri can be a another Lagos but Yenagoa is nowhere near economic. It can just be developed to be a Honolulu or a mini Miami without the commerce.

Well i guess you're right. I just thought since Enugu is somewhat like the "Capital" of the east, if the city can develop and furthermore attract investors, we could see a major turnaround. I guess thats all wishful thinking tho. Haha
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA:

You clearly have issues, enough said. You posting the same dry pictures with different angles doesn't prove anything. Empty barrel
like I I said go fck yourself or open thread ....see this one u are derailing the thread , no one said anything, someone posted the same picture of Abuja , you didn't open that putrid hole u call mouth. mebie elan....see here playing the city planner. don't forget to plan your backward village in the east. onyee araa quote me again.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by NellyGhenghen(m): 9:40pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA:

Well i guess you're right. I just thought since Enugu is somewhat like the "Capital" of the east, if the city can develop and furthermore attract investors, we could see a major turnaround. I guess thats all wishful thinking tho. Haha

its very possible with enugu, there is still lots of space, they could do great things with that city, with the hills and the mind blowing landscape, enugu could easily be one of the best tourists cities in africa, too bad its being underrated and overlooked by the govt.

still not looking too bad tho, with the new shop rite.

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by THEAMAKA(f): 9:44pm On Aug 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: like I I said go fck yourself or open thread ....see this one u are derailing the thread , no one said anything, someone posted the same picture of Abuja , you didn't open that putrid hole u call mouth. mebie elan....see here playing the city planner. don't forget to plan your backward village in the east. onyee araa quote me again.

But the fact that you're on a Nigerian forum seeking validation already speaks volumes on its own. Using all the curse words in the world amounts to nothing. Only goes further to prove that your are indeed an empty barrel.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Aug 12, 2013
THE AMAKA:

In my list, i rated them mainly because they are of much economic importance NOW. But the cities you mentioned do have potential. There are at least 15-20 cities/towns in Nigeria with potential, but i'm talking mainly priority right now, that will benefit Nigeria as a whole.
By the way, you should add Aba to your list.

Definitely, although Aba is one SE city I've never been to.

@afam, Apart frm Abuja no single city in Nigeria is wholly planned out, including enugu. There may be areas with well laid out streets but that could be found in almost all capital city. I see no hope for Nigeria though, truth be told, most of these cities will never grow beyond what they are presently. The reason for this is because, its people that builds cities not just government and we are seriously lacking in "real" people.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
Afam4eva:
Everything musn't be fight na...Pls can we see some pictures of Douala.
tell her to mind her business next time...I don't think all her comments here are even related to the thread. yet she dares open that stinking hole.

i'm not from Douala. don't have many pics. I posted some here tho.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wu1wqssp-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GteKWRmfxM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQR6ouUayaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGjUwmtwUsc
if u are interested in u can check the videos above, I bet u will see ur Igbo brothers tongue tongue.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2013
Can i see pictures of bakasi?
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 12, 2013
Can i see pictures of bakasi? :-D
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2013
Cowboy43: Can i see pictures of bakasi?
nope sorry , but I have some videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU23N9ZPpDM&feature=player_detailpage

]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8w5RxD8nlxs&feature=player_detailpage

^^^ Bakassi under Cameroon administration.

and
size=20pt]BAKASSI UNDER NIGERIA ADMINISTRATION[/size]

you can see the contrast.
Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2013
Bakassi

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
Mr Everest: Please do post the skylines of Nigeria's other cities as you promised, it may not be in this thread but do post them so we could know how far we have gone in developing other places, Nigeria does not start with Lagos and end in Abuja, lets see P.harcourt, Kano, Enugu, Ibadan, Onitsha etc. just look at South Africa, there cities show how advanced they are with there millionaire cities, Cape town, Durban, Jo'borg, pretoria etc are all world class cities and we should be comparing ourselves with them and not poor Ghana that is in the class of Afica's banana republics.
Olodo, do you know the meaning of banana republic? nigeria is the number one banana republic in the world, where the unelected wife of the so-called president runs the country rubbishing even elected governors etc. that is a banana republic,m0ron.https://www.nairaland.com/1360559/joe-igbokwe-please-stop-patience a banana rep is where there is no rule of law and citizens take the laws into their own hands, aka aluu killings http://globalvillenews.com/2012/10/08/nigeria-four-uniport-students-murder-in-cold-blood-video/

most of your officials are even sick, https://www.nairaland.com/1134118/most-nigerian-politicians-esp-governorsjust like the rest of the country. chei

3 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by Gbaragbara: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2013
seaman007: Sentiment aside,accra make sence stop judging by pics alone.make a plan trip to accra and see for sef.its not about tall building as my fellow nigerian think.
Give it to them am enjoying my stay here in ghana and don't feel like comin back.
don't mind those clueless, spastic magg0ts. undernourished, undereducated, underemployable- tethered to an eternally bottom-dwelling failed state

3 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by blackchris: 10:27pm On Aug 12, 2013
port Harcourt

2 Likes

Re: Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) by PetroDolla: 10:33pm On Aug 12, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears / Man's Leg Crushed In An Accident In Ajah, Begs God To Take His Life(Graphic Pix) / Kimberly Anyadike, The Youngest Female Pilot (Black)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.